Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Budding Friendship

Somewhere on Coruscant on one of its many levels Grendel trod on in search of food and drink, he'd had a good week hunting down low-level bounties while the pay for one wasn't good turning in a large group at once paid quite well and so Grendel had hunted and gotten paid. Deciding to celebrate Grendel started following his nose fairly soon he found a nice looking cantina at least from the outside the place was called The Jedi's Hilt, approaching the doors and squeezing his massive bulk through the opening Grendel made his way to the bar. Ignoring the way the crowd parted before him like a shark before a school of fish, Grendel made it to the bar with ease but noticing the way several people at the bar moved to different parts of the cantina just to be away from the massive Mandalorian.

"Can I get some drink and something to eat" Grendel rumbled. The bartender gave a nod and when about sorting out the order, Grendel for his part took in the cantina seeing people from all walks of life just trying to forget their troubles and have fun.

Outfit: This
Tags: Grendel Krayt Grendel Krayt

It had been some time since Kat had visited the lower levels of Coruscant, her focus on the Temple and such meant that she had been focused on the upper levels so being able to travel further down was exciting and refreshing. While the lower levels weren't always the nicest, safest or cleanest places on the city world, they weren't as stiff and pretentious as the upper levels could be. There was a comfort in the hard working mentality, something she could relate to since it felt familiar to her father's mindset and those he surrounded himself with, while her mother seemed to be reaching for the attention of those that would likely prefer to live on the upper levels.

Wandering the streets, she took in the environment and enjoyed the differences and the cultural mixes and fusions that happened around here. It was a nice change in pace and often revealed ideas in food and drink that Kat would never have been able to experience if she stuck to the Echani knowledge that she had. Noting the curious name of Jedi's Hilt, Kat stepped inside, it wasn't common for a place to be named after Jedi. Kat always felt that most people were still wary, especially those that did not see much difference between Jedi and Sith. Which, she could understand a lot of where that mentality stemmed from.

Looking around inside, there seemed to be a mix of people, she moved with ease through the crowd. Not bumping or gesturing anyone out of her way, gracefully weaving through the crowd to the bar, moving as if she was dancing around them but walking normally. Finding herself at the bar, she ordered herself a whisky and looked around to see if there would be other Jedi around or what the vibe of the cantina would be like.

The food (super-sized) came out almost at the same time as a young women reached the bar the way she moved was like that of a dancer effortless and fluid like she had practiced this a thousand times before. Unintentionally looming above the women along with everyone in the bar at the same time Grendel saw the women ordering a drink with the look of someone planning on drinking the night away.

"Busy day?" Grendel rumbled.

Watching the large order of food be placed next to someone near her, Kat tilted her head at the man and smirked, "that's a lotta food for one guy. Seems like you got a large appetite." Chuckles deeply to herself as she sips her drink slowly. Nursing her beverage and enjoying the flavours as she gazed around the room and let out a small sigh. She was asked if she had a busy and just shrugged, "most days are busy for me. I'm a healer, lots of patients, lots of injuries, not a lot of me." Sighs as she downs her drink and orders another one.

"Kat Decoria is my name by the way."

"It is? That would explain a lot of bad luck happening in my life." Kat chuckled a little as she nodded her head, taking a large sip of the whisky. "What has you drinking then? And eating in celebration it would seem." Kat nodded to the giant meal that he had. "Clan Krayt, is that a Mandalorian clan or homeworld clan?" Kat asked respectfully, she knew that clans were not exclusive to Mandalorians and tried to be respectful when trying to ask about background stuff.

Kat had noticed the armour and shrugged, "never know, you could have killed a Mandalorian and stole the armour from his corpse. Wearing the armour isn't a guarantee and I tend to err of the side of caution." Kat chuckled deeply as she nodded her head at his celebration of a week of bounty hunting. "Impressive, what made you decide to be a bounty hunter?" Kat was curious since she had dealt with a lot of bounty hunters coming to her in need of healing and treatments as well as victims of bounty hunters needing treatment as well.

Shrugging her shoulders, she smiled warmly, "you never know who is out there in the galaxy. Sure that there is another 12 foot tall Mandalorian. Sure there is a Mandalorian that is even taller than you. Galaxy can be filled with wild and crazy things." It was curious to hear that the Mandalorian was wanting to do some good around here as a bounty hunter and it was refreshing, so many did jobs for creds and did not truly care who they worked for. At least that had been her experience in the past.

"Well, doing some good is always a good thing to hear. I always believed that one good deed in turn creates another. So I am sure your work has caused ripples where others do some good and in the end it becomes a lot of good being done." Kat then chuckled deeply and shook her head, "but that might be the ever optimist in myself."

Pausing only long enough to take a sip of his drink and a couple of bites of his meal Grendel replied "I would argue its a good thing being an optimist it means you will always see the good in people, while you probably wouldn't see on meeting me in this environment I'm quick to anger in battle plus I don't always make the best decisions and if i realize I've made a mistake I will seek to balance the scales. Hell my actions on Illum are proof enough I'm not the best person"

Shrugging, she knew the benefits of being an optimist but she also knew that there came big downsides and that she would have to be ever vigilant of the risks. "Sometimes it is a good thing, sometimes you can seem very naïve. Sometimes you have to find a balance. Well, everyone can have a temper, what matters is how you control and react to situations that trigger that anger. I tend to lash out on my tech and tools mostly to avoid saying something to people I care about." Kat chuckled.

"What happened on Ilum?" Kat asked curiously as she looked at him.

"Well for a start I didn't know that the Enclave had a treatise with the GA and as a result I joined up on the Empires side just for the simple fact I was in their space at the time. When the fighting stated I ended up fighting a young Jedi whose name I know know, things progressed up until a ship crashed into the planet and the Jedi manged to convince me something bad was about to happen as we escaped together an avalanche happened I tried to save the Jedi but she put up some kind of force shield and saved us from a cold death. We manged to get to my ship and I delivered her to a GA outpost after telling the Empire to shove it" Grendel said somewhat weary as to what Kat would do next.

Kat sighed, this wasn't the first time something like this had happened and it wasn't the last time it would happen either. "My homeworld was invaded by Mandalorians, my brothers murdered and my family shattered. I fought to free it from an Empire's grasp, I fought in pain, in anger and in hatred against the invaders. Then a Mandalorian stood, with sorrow and regret at the actions their leader had taken. It was never the path they had wanted to take and the actions that happened that day were never what they wanted. I believed them and I let them live even though all the anger and pain in my body screamed to kill every Mandalorian." Gulping her drink down, there was shame in her emotions having wanted such anger.

"What I am trying to say is that, you didn't believe in the actions the Empire took, you didn't realise the situation you were in and you regretted that decision. The choice to leave, to dismiss the Empire, turn your back and seek out balance shows that you mean well and that is all that truly matters. No one is perfect so don't be hard on yourself for mistakes, just ensure you learn from them."

Looking down at Kat, Grendel saw what looked to be pain mixed with several other emotions thinking carefully so not to anger the young lady.
"I agree no one is perfect but I still feel everyone should strive to be their perfect self or failing that better than they where yesterday. While I know it probably won't mean much I am sorry for the pain my people put you through" Grendel rumbled "And I understand if you'd like to stop talking to me if have a Mandalorian next to you brings back what I assume are painful memories"

Smiles warmly, "if your company was that horrendous I would not have allowed this conversation progress the way it has. I was just offering my understanding and sharing a memory that might help you move on from your actions. Lingering in the past, it helps no one." Kat stated in a gentle tone and ordered herself another drink, "there is also no perfect self, just do the best you can each day and accept that you will always have limitations and days which will not be as productive as others."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom