Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bryn'adûl | Kreshden Theron

Status
Not open for further replies.
​Bryn'adûl | Kreshden Platform: Theron Variant

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
2c1b8f7cd77d21ec8f072d7bd7e03f9f.jpg

• Intent: Essentially an armour designed to be versatile, usable by all variants of Draelvasier and compatible with other platforms to suit excursions with all variants of military assets within the Bryn'adûl.
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Bryn'adûl
  • Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl | Order of the Theron
  • Model: Versatile Combat Platform
  • Modularity: N/A

• Production: Limited
  • Material: Malabast, Alchemised
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multi-purpose
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances
- Blasters: Average
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: High
- Elemental: Average
​- Force: High
​- Ion: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Alchemised: The Malabast plating is alchemised to provide extra protection against force powers and other elemental effects.
  • ​Hidden Blade: The left Gauntlet carries a thin extendable hidden blade.
  • ​Sealed: The suit is vacuum-proof, allowing operation outside of an oxygenated area.
  • ​Magnetic Holsters: The armour is built with magnetised holsters for weapons to easily be attached to the body without drag.
Strengths:
  • Resistance: The Theron armour is a step above that worn by special forces units such as Brutes or Shamans, etcetera. The Theron armour provides a impressive defence against force attacks and substantial defence against most other forms of attack.
  • Design: The Theron armour is a complex suit of plated armour lining the body with a musculature design, allowing a high level of agility when in use of these particular attachments to this platform.
Weaknesses:
  • Agile: This armour sacrifices overall protective for agility; whilst still remaining a versatile piece of gear it does not provide the level of protection offered by more impressive variants on this platform.
  • ​Force Nullification: Nullification fields can severely hamper the abilities of this armour.
  • ​Force Sense: The armours inherent ties to the force can cause it to be sensed through the force by enemies.

DESCRIPTION:
​Entering 356ABY, the Bryn'adûl commissioned the Kreshden platform to be put into use by the Bryn'adûl military assets when possible. This platform was designed to maximise the efficiency of construction and armour equipping times, additionally rectifying previous errors in earlier platforms and reinforcing the strengths of its ingenious design. The Kreshden Theron Garb is designed to be worn by those who prize skill over compensation through protection. This armour delivers enough protection to face high level targets whilst maintaining enough flexibility to put the Theron's skill into full view.

​This new platform of Kreshden Theron was designed to be a more refurbished and reliable variant of the previous platforms. This has happened as now more than ever, Theron's have become invaluable as expansion has increased exponentially - more troops are rushed to the frontlines as Theron's train and guide those who survive on their initial operations. This armour was designed in response to the rising frequency of contact with hostile force based military assets, allowing for newer troops to be deployed to a larger variety of hostile environments.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"],

So glad someone finally used that art. Very cool.

Now, to the Judging. You didn't link Malabast in your submission. Its a very nitpicky thing, but I have to ask. Second, You mention it's alchemized without mentioning weakness of being damaged by Force light. I recommend adding this in.

[member="Auberon"]

The equipment used by the Bryn'adûl/Draelvasier doesn't have a basis in Sith Alchemy and therefore isn't darkside inherent, Force Light has no affect comparable to how it affects Sith Alchemised stuff.

Added Malabast.

Tathra Khaeus said:
Manufacturer: The Bryn'adûl
The Faction or Manufacturer will need to be linked.

Tathra Khaeus said:
Ion: Moderate
This should be Average, not moderate.

Tathra Khaeus said:
Material: Malabast, Alchemised

Tathra Khaeus said:
Alchemised: The Malabast plating is alchemised to provide extra protection against force powers and other elemental effects.

Tathra Khaeus said:
The Theron armour provides a impressive defence against force attacks and substantial defence against most other forms of attack.
I find your statement of it not being related to the force not coinciding together. You specifically mention that this armor is Alchemized. Which means it is related to the force. Yes, it may not be dark sided aligned, and that is fine. Then I will have to ask for clarification on how this armor is then made. If it is related to the force, then it would also have the downsides of Force Nullification fields, or even being sensed by other force users. It is attuned by alchemy, thus it is connected to the force and can be felt.

Secondly, For you to be able to gain such abilities such as having directed force power damage potential reduced, it needs to be done through the force, or is Force Dead. Armor cannot be force dead unless it is made of biological material.

Third, Since its established in some form that this armor is attuned to the force, or is otherwise imbued with the force in some capacity, it will need to be limited to Semi-unique unless substantial description is provided in the description, and how powerful the applied effects are upon the armor.

If you have any questions or concerns over this, please don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT:
I would like to ask for the addition of Force Resiliance/Resistance be added to your ranking of resistances.

[member="Auberon"]

I never said it wasn't related to the force, I said it wasn't dark side aligned. And I've always been under the impression that force resistance falls under the Elemental category, as has been the case for all previous submissions I've made were I've labled the equipment as

- Changed Ion to Average.
- Linked the Manufacturer.
- Added in weakness about force nullification and sensing it.

Also,

Auberon said:

Third, Since its established in some form that this armor is attuned to the force, or is otherwise imbued with the force in some capacity, it will need to be limited to Semi-unique unless substantial description is provided in the description, and how powerful the applied effects are upon the armor.
Can you give more clarification as to what substantial description you require, and what levels would be appropriate to a limited set?

I am sorry. I took it to mean you were saying it wasn't related. That is my fault. Thank you for clarifying, as well as providing edits.

Typically elemental is things such as the natural environment. If it receives less damage by Force based powers, then that's a different thing. If it was done in the past, then I am not sure if anyone had noticed it.

As for the description, Just any kind of detail that would provide justification for its quantity. A couple examples I have seen in the past were, Why they decided to imbue it with the force, or what application it was specifically used. I have seen some where they go into detail of how the armor was made, or the processes that would give it the purpose. It doesn't directly have to be about the alchemy either. You do mention this is a new set of armor to succeed a previous set, you could explain why this one is directly better over the other one, or why the change was made?

[member="Auberon"]

I don't see why elemental wouldn't cover both, as they are both essentially forces of nature. They are both foreign but natural elements.

But I've added the force section, and added an additional paragraph explaining the reasoning for this armours creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom