Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruises

Blue Sector, Coronet City, Corellia. Some eight years ago.

The vague sound of airspeeders could be heard from above the dark alley located in the Blue Sector. The faint light emitting from Corellia's nearest moon was breaking through the clouds of this chilly night. It was that kind of place many got to visit before ending up in The Pit.

''Fa noa-a wa kanway see jakola easier che uba whao uba ritke wamma mee uiuba...'' The words were ominously persuading for the male humanoid balosar, considering his position with his back against the cold wall and arms locked by a zabrak on one side and a red nikto on the other side. Both menacing enforcers and members of the street gang the alien were in debt to.

''Where. Are. The credits.'' The young twi'lek marked every word as she approached the slythmonger, green-yellowish eyes piercing through his. The chilly night had called for a knee-long black leathery coat and a dark green military scarf that was wrapped around her neck. Her black knee-high boots seemed heavy by the sound they made, yet not affecting her ability to move with female grace when she walked up to the squeezed alien. Underneath the open coat one could see the purple handle of a blaster in a holster by her hip. A pair of black leggings and a dark grey top would accentuate her figure if it not was for the coat and the scarf. Dark attire was perfect for shady activities.

[member="Julian Valentine"]

RDDRSGg.jpg

Present Day. . .

Julian Valentine woke to the sound of blasterfire. He stirred from his sleep and sat up in his bed and kicked his feet over the edge. The city lights of neon blue and pinks were as far as the eye could see. This was the night life of Nar Shaddaa. Where the gangs roamed freely and law enforcers were too scared to tread. This was Julians playground. He was feared here. But he was tired. Tired of it all. He wondered for a brief moment if he should pack up and leave for some tropical planet. Maybe return to Corellia one last time.

His datapad vibrated and the screen lit up. He looked at the notification. Some notification about suspected smugglers and a bounty by local authorities. He checked the list and looked at the names present. No one he really recognized, a bunch of young guns who would be dead or behind bars in a year from now. He was just about to stop scrolling when he saw a familiar name; Tan'yill.

He dropped the datapad and looked out the window again, then down to his legs. He hadn't seen her in seven... maybe eight years. A Twi'lek of rare beauty and some tenacity. Back then he still had his legs. His own legs, real and flesh, muscle and blood. His foot raised and stomped the ground. The concrete floor cracked. His legs had been replaced by mechanical prosthetics six years ago.

Back then he was one of the most feared names in the galaxy. His success rate as a bounty hunter was unrivaled. Those who saw the iconic hammerhead helm ran in fear. But not everything lasts. His long and successful career in bounty hunting had quickly been halted when a Jedi cut him in half at the thighs. The only thing that saved him was that the lightsaber cauterized the wound instantly, and the local hospital was two streets down. Those were good days.. he pondered, laid back down in bed, pulled the sheets over, and dreamed of old memories.

Seven years ago. . .

"He's mine," a deep voice rumbled in the alley. A man stood several meters away. The wide-fined helmet of Julian Valentine was a symbol and the pillar upon which his reputation stood. He was no beast like his former student Ghorua the Shark; he was human. Born and bred on Corellia and trained to be a killer by the corps and the Ravens. Some called him Hammmerhead, but friends called him Valentine.

The semi-circle at the center of his helmet glowed a hot red. White streaks bled from the glow and stroked down to the long thin chin. A cycler rifle was held over his shoulder and the muzzle was smoking. Nexu leather wrapped over his shoulders and crossed at his chest. Bandoleers and holsters were sported all over. The Bounty Hunter was armed to the teeth.

"I don't want trouble," Valentine said calmly, his head turning to look at the two enforcers pinning the alien to the wall, then a lingering glance at the Twi'lek. "The names Valentine, Bounty Hunter," he said and nodded his head at the alien, "I'm claiming, and unfortunately for him I've been paid half in advance." Valentine stared at the Twi'lek from behind the veil of his helmet, "What does he owe you?"

A sudden kick from the balosar nearly hit her in the stomach but was swiftly evaded by her. She had the agility on her side, much like the many enslaved females of her kind. This particular rutian twi'lek definately was not one of them, though. The enforcers tightened the grip on the alien, the nikto giving away an agitated growl.

''Oh, you wanna play it that way? Sure, we can play...'' she said and brought up a vibroknife from one of her boots. She skilfully spun it around her hand and the familiar sound of it being turned on spread down the immediate surroundings of the alley.

Being on the streets for a few years now had taught her both one and two things, being mentaly prepared for anything including counter attacks was one of them. Nothing could however prepare the crew of criminals for who was to come and interupt their business. Not here. Not now.

The three of them glanced over to the intruder. The enforcers quickly focused back to keep the balosar pinned to the wall and preventing him from escaping. Tan, or Blue as she was commonly refered to, kept her hazel gaze onto the bounty hunter, its green-yellowish glow of wrath against the balosar having settled slightly, to one more of irritation.

''You...''

[member="Julian Valentine"]. That name and the ominous appearance of the bounty hunter was surely known on Corellia and probably through the whole system too. Many was the bounties frightened of him. Many was the criminals having great respect for him, including herself. Having never met him personaly, she scanned him from top to toe and with confidence met the red glowing veil of his helmet. The vibroknife was turned off.

''Credits. Loads of them. What's he wanted for?''

- | ENGINETICA | -

zfNagzf.jpg

"I didn't get your name," Valentine said, in a manner that was rather demanding. His hands reached up to the lip of his helmet, twisted and pulled at the helm. A snap-hiss followed the twist and the helmet pulled free from its seal around his neck and shoulder plates. Julian held his helmet at his hip, his eyes kept locked on the Twi'lek. His eyes were blue with flecks of green, hair a thick dirt brown. At the back of his head was a patch of white hair no wider than a coin. His beard was unkempt and showing the first signs of greying.

"As for the credits. . . you still didn't state a number," Julian took a few steps closer, looked to the alien then back at the Twi'lek, "I can help you get your credits back if I can have him - and as for that bounty, he owes the Ravens a debt." Julian clipped his helmet to his waist, slipped the cycler rifle into its sling, and said "Seems our friend here doesn't know how to use his own creds."

''That's not important.'' she said and watched the helmet being removed from the bounty hunters head, showing his face. An unexpected move from the much talked-about bounty hunter as many of his kinds was careful to reveal their true identity. However, she couldn't deny the curiousity that had grown inside her to see the looks of him. To her he looked older than she had thought, maybe it was the unkept beard that made it. Older bounty hunters often meant that they had survived for a long time in a rather harsh line of work, though. Which also meant that they were very successfull, in other words; dangerous.

''To be exact? Thirteen thousand.''

Moving the black leathery coat aside and putting back the vibroknife into its sheath in the boot, she kept a steady gaze with his. The holster with the KYD-21 blaster was revealed when she placed her hands on the hips and awaited his reaction.

''No kidding! The bantha poodo clearly dosen't value his life much...'' she said and turned her head to the pinned balosar, piercing him with a killing gaze. Not only was she affected by a long built up wrath against the alien, now this Valentine interupting their business. They had been chasing this slythmonger for many months. Chit! How would she explain this to him?

''Ravens, huh? So you run errands for them? And how would this deal be made, Valentine? I need that money just as much as your employer do.''

"It's important to me," Valentine spoke sternly, his eyes fixated on hers. Information was his game, Valentine wasn't the best because he was a crackshot, he was the best because he was always three steps ahead of the rest of the game. He spread his empty hands when she announced the number, his demeanour remaining calm but obviously strained, "Good news. Thirteen thousand can be taken care of easily. We'll just force him to knock-down a spice dealer and he'll get your credits and I'll take him from there."

Valentine made it sound like child's play, as though robbing cartels was a casual affair. All things considered, the Red Ravens were a vicious and aggressive syndicate, robbing competition was sport for them.

"I wouldn't say I run errands for them," Valentine said as he reached for his holster, a razer net handgun slid into his hand, "I kill people they don't like." He checked the safety. "It sends a message. It means others who have a debt will pay on time next time, if they still have their life."

The gun was a weapon used by the more insidious of bounty hunters, it could fire a metal net made of thousands of small razers, making escape improbable and incredibly painful. Unarmoured people often bled to death before they were free. "If your boys don't mind stepping aside, I've got a more reliable way of making him play nice, and to keep him from running."

With a short snort and a ever so slightly smirk in the corner of her mouth she broke their little stare game and glanced to the side and then back at Valentine.

''Well then! Since you asked so nicely, you can call me Blue. Satisfied?''

While listening to the bounty hunters quickly made up plan for their friend it confirmed her expectations about Valentine, he certainly seemed to know what he was doing. However, it was still an irritation to eventually hand over the balosar. Trust was not something you heard about in the Blue Sector.

''Sounds like we have kind of the same strategy considering debt collecting... But what the hell, be my guest and work your magic on the lowlife!'' she exclaimed while stepping aside and motioning with a hand at the captured alien. She followed Valentine and with a look and a nod made the zabrak and nikto loosen their grip and take a step back so that Valentine got the room he wanted. This was going to be interesting to watch!

"Satisfied? No, not really," Valentine spread his hands in defeat, "In all honestly it sounds like you're mocking me, Blue." He made a point of the last word, eyeing the blue-skinned Twi'lek and wondering if that was a nickname or she was genuinely called blue, or on the off-chance she was pulling his strings. The eyes of the balosar widened as the enforcers let go of him, and as expected he tried to bolt.

The indebted alien didn't get far before Julian raised the gun, pulled the trigger and a net exploded outwards, expanding. The alien went down in a tumble and then screamed as he instinctively resisted the net, cutting his arms and legs with dozens of tiny razers. Valentine holstered the gun, meandered over and knelt beside the balosar, clasping a gloved hand over the aliens mouth, "Shut up, stop fighting it, you'll bleed to death if you keep it up."

Julian raised his head and looked back down from where he came, checking that no one was coming to investigate the noise. Unlikely in the Blue Sector. His attention returned to the balosar and he removed his glove free from his hand and slowly placed it deep in the aliens mouth, shutting him up as muffled screams of protest tried to escape. "You can have your life," he lied, "If you knock over someone for us. In fact, you get our credits and you can have whatever is left for your miserable farkin' life."

Julian looked to Blue, "I think he and I have come to an agreement."

She answered his gaze with a sly smile. It might have sounded like she was pulling his strings, but the fact was that she was serious. Well, slightly sarcastic by mentioning him asking nicely. But other than that, the rutian twi'lek most often went by the name of Blue down here, a nickname she had got from the band and carried over into the underworld. She didn't realy want to reveal her real name either, that could prove dangerous especially if herself ever got a bounty placed on her.

Swift and fast was Valentines reaction to the balosar making a run for it. One couldn't be more impressed with the bounty hunters gear and methods. She watched coldly as the aliens first instinct of resisting kicked in and when Valentine knelt down beside him, trying to calm him down. She walked over to the protagonist and antagonist, or were them all antagonists perhaps? You didn't realy want to know where Valentines glove had been, the thought got her to chuckle slightly. Crossing her arms over her chest she stood just about the height of the aliens head, her heavy boots would have looked rather huge and ominous from his position.

''Yeah, I can see that. Great! Everyone's happy, then!'' she said and flickered her eyes from Valentine to the beat down alien. She knelt down on the opposite side of the balosar, one of her lekkus came forward to rest on her chest.

''And if you don't do what this gentleman says... We'll find you and I guarantee I'll remember that you owe me a fun game that you wanted to play earlier, remember?'' she continued before looking at Valentine again, awaiting his next step in his idea.

Julian tore the glove from the balosars mouth, it was covered in some blood but mostly saliva. The bounty hunter wiped it somewhat clean across his tunic and placed it back onto his hand. There was the obvious groan from the pain but the alien was otherwise gritting his teeth and biting his tongue to remain silent, perhaps fearing what they would do to him if he were to scream at such a poor inopportune time.

Valentine got to his feet and removed the Czerka vibroknife from its sheath, cutting at the net, the balosar set free. It was a method of diplomacy, he wasn't using it to keep the alien trapped. Now that the balosar was in genuine fear of his life he may be more cooperative. "You are free from this net, and you'll do as we say, but if you cross us you'll wish you were back in that net before we're done with you."

"Now, here," Valentine said as he handed over a hold-out blaster to the balosar that was recuperating from being trapped inside the razer net, "You'll need this." Valentine forcefully placed the gun in the aliens hand and then placed his gloved hand on the mans shoulder, "Now our Blue friend here and I will walk with you a few blocks over to a store. Inside the store is a dealer I know. You will rob him and take everything he has, and if he refuses, you'll kill him, and then take it. Such is life."

Valentine looked to Blue, "Do you approve of the plan?" This was the way of the Underworld, constant murder, backstabbing and turf warfare. More of the same. Nothing Valentine hadn't seen, but was this stranger, this Twi'lek named Blue, going to go along with it? He hadn't made a full judgement on her yet, he didn't know how tenacious she was, how far she would go to get her credits back. Despite his reservations, she looked tough as nails.

She followed the two when Valentine helped the frightened balosar up, standing up and her green-yellowish eyes carefully studied the alien when he was handed a blaster, ready to strike if he would try anything stupid. Considering Valentines methods, he would be pretty stupid if trying!

''Sure, let's do this!'' she exclaimed and nodded while keeping a close eye on the slythmonger. None would miss this lowlife in the Underworld if the little mission didn't went as they planned, but then they would step in and do the dirty work. At least, she thought that was part of the bounty hunters plan B.

She didn't do this for herself, her and the enforcers represented one of the many gangs in the underworld of Coronet and he, the leader, wouldn't be satisfied if they didn't succeed in this. If this worked out, maybe a celebrating beer would have been in its place. If Valentine drank that was!

-| Tank |-​
1mgg4rl.gif

Julian had not taken any hesitation in avoiding the store personally. When the Balosar walked towards the convenience store, Julian turned right and walked into a local cantina. He had directed Blue to leave one of her men, perhaps both, on the street outside as lookout. He didn't want to be seen in a small-time jump on a spice dealer. Valentine had somewhat of a relation with the law enforcers of Corellia and being seen at that store was a sure-fire way of having himself arrested, again. He had a license to hunt bounties now, not shake down dealers.

The music was the right amount of soft and harsh tones. The air smelt of cigarra and there was a quiet murmur with the patrons gathered. There wasn't many in this small closet cantina. Enough room to sit and stand for perhaps two-dozen but at this time of night there was only four. A red neon light showered all in a crimson glow. The way the patrons looked at Julian indicated this was no normal cantina. There wasn't fear or questioning, it was respect in their eyes, one gave a nod, but all then turned back to appreciate the music.

"Why don't you have a seat, a quick drink, and then we'll find out what happened," Valentine suggested to Blue as he took his own stool at the bar. The heist wouldn't take long, but long enough Valentine could relax for a moment before the stresses of dealing with the Underworld came back. He reached into his pocket and took out a cigarra and placed it between his lips. "You smoke?" he muttered in question to Blue as he offered a cigarra to the Twi'lek. The bartender looked at Julian and said, "I'll get you the usual, eh?" Valentine smiled and nodded in agreement.

He wondered for a moment what was happening down the street at the convenience store. Valentine knew the Ison dealer carried a blaster shotgun under the table, but this wasn't Corridor Cartel territory. They were far from home to be operating in Corellia. No help was coming for that dealer once the Balosar had the money, rather, Blue had it, nor would help come for the dealer if he shot the Balosar. No. Valentine would just have to personally collect that money himself.

Directed by her to go with the Balosar, the two enforcers went with the alien to keep an eye on things from outside the store. The plan seemed to have all the possibilities of being a success and hopefully she could message the boss and present the credits to him later tonight.

She entered the small cantina just behind Julian. It was a calm atmosphere in stark contrast to the earlier happenings in the dark chilly alley. The cantina welcomed their guests with a smell of tobacco and in the crimson lights it was a place to warm yourself and get something to drink, more or less legal and with varying shady ingredients in their cocktails. She took a seat next to Julian and spun around before getting the barmans attention and ordering a bottle of Ebla beer, bottled beverages was a safe card in the underworld. Other than being already made and sealed at the brewery it meant for less chance of being secretly drugged by someone dropping something in your glass.

Looking at Julian and after a moment of consideration, she grabbed the offered cigarra with a half-finger gloved hand. Putting it between her lips she expected the generous bounty hunter to light it too.

''Thanks. I think our friend was perusaded enough to pull it off, don't you think? Frakin' slythmonger... Otherwise, my guys should step in.'' she said and took a puff of the cigarra before the barman set down the beer and opened it in front of her. She gave him a thankful nod and took a healthy swig of it, resting her elbows on the counter.

vxPhaSz.gif

Somewhere down the street . . .

The 24 hour signs glow had died out and looked like a red stain, this place never closed down. Inside the Balosar walked to the counter, already the dealer was skeptical of the alien that approached him. The balosar was cut up from head to look, like a horrible accident at a razer blade factory. When the balosar pulled out the blaster and demanded the money, the dealer didn't hesitate. "All of it," the balosar demanded, gesturing to any other credits stashed away. "Alright, alright," the dealer said, chucked a bag of creds to the balosar and turned around and leaned down to get more that wasn't in the register.

When the dealer came up he was holding a blaster shotgun. Blasterfire erupted in the store, the windows flashing green and reds. Someone screamed and the Balosar and dealer both went down in a hellfire of plasma. By the time Blue's men would get in to see what happened, they'd find both the Balosar and the dealer dead, and five-thousand credits in a bag next to the Balosar, and fifty-five stashed behind the counter and in the storage closet - if they even bothered to look before law enforcers came to the scene. Though knowing the Blue Sector, that could be an hour. The law enforcers was not the greatest threat here, it was anyone the dealer was working with. Someone from the Ison Corridor Cartel.

At the Red Lagoon . . .

Julian gave Blue a cigarra and as she placed it between her lips he flipped out a lighter from his pocket and lit the end, he then did the favor of lighting his own. He took a long drag and his eyes searched hers as she spoke. He blew out a thick acrid cloud and said, "Shakedowns like this happen all the time in the Underworld, nothing out of the normal to have the cops looking into it more than they would a noise complaint." He ashed the cigarra, ordered a Bitterfruit liquor, and continued, "Life's cheap in the Blue Sector." He twirled the cigarra and watched the smoke float away in curls, reaching for the ceiling where a cloud had gathered from the smoke of the other patrons. "Which makes me wonder, if you got your own goons.. why haven't you left Corellia? There's better work elsewhere, Blue." Someone who had the power to command surely had the power to leave.

Taking a drag of the cigarra and then a generous sip of the beer. She sat the bottle down, studying it and thoughtfully rolled its bottom on the counter. Leaving? Valentine made it sound so karkin' easy! You didn't just leave what she had been dragged into once. Well, partially by her own decisions and partially by... Yeah...

''Yeah, well... They're not my goons.'' she said and turned her head from the bottle to Valentine. She gave him a few seconds gaze. He was handsome in a way, didn't realy look like a merciless bounty hunter. Then there was the awfully thoughtfullness of her well-being on the planet. Cute. ''I don't always run around down here. Beating people up and sharing drinks with bounty hunters. But I was born here. This is my life...'' she continued before taking another sip of the beer, keeping her eyes on him. ''How about you then, Valentine? I heard much about you... Taking trips off Corellia, occasionally?''

[member="Julian Valentine"]

Valentine watched her with a trained attention. She was not a hunt, but his gaze seemed to say otherwise. There was a part of him that couldn't be switched off, years of being a cartel assassin for the Red Ravens and now a bounty hunter had focused his mind. He wasn't adapt at basic civilian life. It was why he and Svel never worked out and why he kept a pleasure droid around as company. He just wasn't great at connections, it was easier when they were programmed to like you. He was always analyzing people, figuring out their strengths and weaknesses and who they were.

Blue wasn't as easy as others to figure out. She was shut off, guarded, but seemed to be warming up to him. A shame once their business was concluded he'd be leaving Corellia and flying back to Nar Shaddaa to speak to Lysle and complete his contract. He judged her words before taking a long drag of his own cigarra then answered in kind, "Born and raised here too, street kid, but I left for an Imperial Academy when I was young. Didn't work out the way I wanted it. I come back here when I need to, but Nar Shaddaa is my home now."

He wasn't sure how confidant he was in saying those last words. Was Nar Shaddaa really his home? It was the only one he'd truly known. Corellia was a memory to him, not a home, and a bad memory at that. He took a sip from the bitterfruit and looked back at her, trying not to focus in on her the way he had, perhaps a more human gesture from the bounty hunter, "Corellia is a dead-end road, Blue, you either die here in the streets or you leave to better things." He paused, "If you ever need a ticket out of this hellhole, you need only ask."

''It's not as easy as you think.'' she answered shortly, turned her head from him and took another sip of the beer. She had gotten used to this life by now. Sure, she had dreams even if they were faded and held back by him. The thoughts of it got her to tens up inside a bit.

Turning her head back at the bearded bounty hunter, she continued. ''Besides this gives some juicy credits. Credits usually does a great job keeping people into things...''. That was part lie, part truth. Working daytime at the shipyard, then performing with the band at some club or running errands for the gang at nighttime kept her busy most of the time.

''Voluenteering for the Empire but ending up at Nar Shaddaa? That's quite a story! Not a day at the shipyard passes without hearing something about the smugglers moon. That's what it's called, right?'' Darn, did she say to much now? She didn't realy have the intention of telling her lifestory for him.

"Some things you can't escape from, I know that best. No matter how far you run, no matter how many years you think you've been safe.. one day there'll be a knock on your door, and you'll open that door long enough to regret you ever did before someone like me blasts you into oblivion," Valentine said. Harsh but true words. It's how the Black Sun Syndicate operated, before the Red Ravens tore down their millennia-long empire, and now it was how Lysle ran things. The Ravens were a family, you were in for life. Not many were pardoned from the Syndicate. Julian was one of the lucky few, but even with his pardon he was still tied to the Ravens. Perhaps forever.

Shipyard, she said. It was no surprise to him that she wound up working in the alleys of the Blue Sector. Shipyards on Corellia were hard labor and poor pay. It is what made their shipyards so competitive to the rest of the galaxy. Affordability and quality, at the expense of quality of life for the workers. Not all, but from as far as Julian had seen, most. "The Smugglers Moon, that's right, but it's more like a warzone between hundreds of minor cartels, it's a good place to get shot if you fall in with the wrong people," Valentine said, almost warning her. "I didn't like being told what to do by the Empire, ironically, that's my full-time job now. Tell me what to do and I'll do it," he said with cheerful irony.

"Barkeep," Valentine said, gesturing to the man to come over. As he did, Valentine leaned into his ear and muttered quiet words to him. To the keen eye they'd notice the pink-red scarification on both Valentines and the barkeeps wrist, a Red Raven. In fact, everyone in this cantina had identical modifications made. As they took sips from their drinks, sleeves slipped down just enough to reveal the scars. It was the look they all shared when Valentine entered. They knew one another. All of them.

The bartender nodded and moved back to sitting at a stool behind the counter as he waited for the next round of drinks to be ordered. "I'm sure you've heard whispers of the Ravens," Valentine said. The cartel at the time had been the biggest empire-syndicate in the galaxy, stretching from the Unknown Regions to the Core Worlds. There wasn't an underworld that was not manipulated by the workings of Lysle of the Hydian Way. Valentine didn't know it, but that empire would crumble in months to come, shattering into a thousand pieces as every crime lord tried to tear away their own piece of power. "Take this," Valentine said and slipped Blue a medallion. A Red Raven. Symbolism was everything to this flock. "It's not easy to leave, but this might buy your way out of trouble down the line, it'll put the fear into anyone who knows what's best for them."

Valentine wasn't usually the caring type. He'd done it with Svel and look how that turned out, not very well for him. Perhaps it was coming home to Corellia and seeing the same struggle he'd been through. What he would have done for a ticket off this planet that didn't come with an Imperial soundtrack. Then there was the part of him that knew if Blue used that medallion one day, she would go from being indebted to one cartel to another, a far bigger, more fiercer one. "We should go see about our alien friend that owes us some credits." Valentine stood up from the stool, put out his cigarra on the countertop and quickly finished his drink.

She kept the bottle of beer in her hand just below her mouth, ready to take another sip, and her serious green-yellowish gaze upon Valentine when he held his little speech of wisdom. What he said was true. He had pretty much summed up the situation she would be in if she made a run for it, and for what? What would she run to? Someone like him? She studied his blue eyes for a second before turning forward facing front again. ''Yeah...?'' she answered quietly, not realy expecting a reply from him, and took another sip of the alcoholic beverage.

While Valentine talked to the bartender she glanced over her shoulder deeper into the bar. Even though she spent much time in the Blue Sector she had never been at this place, it was rather quiet but one could feel the people coming here had a strong connection to the underworld in some way. A place for certain people, not a public place. She finished the beer and sat the bottle down, in the move silencing a small burp. Growing up with her brother, working at the shipyard, knee deep in the underworld... Even if that had made her slightly boyish she had manners around new people.

She looked back over to him when he offered her the blue medallion. Taking it in her hand and examining it further. The Red Ravens were known by many in the underworld but she and her own gang had never crossed roads with them. She knew she had to hide it, until it was realy needed.

''Are you always this thoughtful of people you've just met?'' she asked already knowing the answer would be no.

A few seconds later she rose from the bar stool and straightened her black leathery cloak and green military scarf. It was time to see if they could cash it in tonight. Fingers crossed!

"No," Valentine said to her question. He gave the barkeep a curt nod in farewell and turned for the door. The hydraulic hiss of the door sounded as the metal snapped aside. The streets were quiet. It was late now. Soft glows from neon lights greeted them but there were no bystanders or foot traffic to speak of. "The stores down here," Julian reminded Blue and directed them down the street towards the convenience store. From this distance Valentine could tell something was wrong. The lights had gone out, the door was sealed shut, and Blues goons weren't out the front.

"I smell trouble," Valentine said and unclipped his helmet from his belt and in one smooth motion placed it over his head and sealed it shut around his neck. His hands flicked at his holsters, anticipating something. "Your boys got a communicator? You might want to hail them," Julian urged as he turned his head to survey the streets and who was around, or lack of. He was starting to wonder just who else from the Ison Corridor Cartel was operating on Corellia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom