Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruises fade, but pain lasts forever (Vengeance)

As Sith Lord, Vengeance, promised, the Overseers at the Academy were extremely scornful to the newest Acolyte who’d arrived to begin her training. An ancient crone met Livna Zios at the entrance and promptly clutched and poked at her lithe arm with gnarled fingertips.

“You’re a sad sight, young one,” she said, cackling her voice reminiscent of the scrape of sarcophagus lid opening. “Mother of Kwath, what happened to your face?”

“Bar fight,” the Caprine answered plainly. No need to go into the gory details of how she was beaten in the Naboo streets by a Dark Jedi Master, ending up with a bloody and broken nose. While the bones had healed, under her eyes and along the bridge of her nose a swatch of purple bruises were still visible. Being conquered like that had been quite embarrassing, but there was also something about the thrill of the fight that Livna realized she could become almost addicted to. Therefore instead of with trepidation, as she’d originally thought of the Sith training, she was actually looking forward to it.

As they walked, the crone, a harpy of a woman named Tadala, said, “If you’re an incapable warrior, which I’m sure you are, you will be starved as punishment. You’re already skin and bones, so I’d suggest filling up at your next meal. Or Master Vengeance may decide another type of discipline would work better for you. Either way, it will be cruel, I assure you.”

Livna ignored Tadala’s taunts, most likely engineered to instill a thick fear in her from the get-go.

“Don’t worry,” the flaxen-haired maiden answered softly. “I’ve already encountered Marcus. I am well aware of his sadism.”

“You will call him My Lord,” Tadala hissed, close enough now that her spittle landing on Livna’s bruised face. They continued silently through the corridors until the Caprine was taken to a large room with a variety of weapons and other unfamiliar devices. “Go into the side area there and dress in this.” The Overseer handed her a set of black robes, a tunic and loose fitting pants in which to train. Livna did as she was told, dressing quickly, her heart beginning to beat faster at the anticipation of encountering her new Master once again.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance had been informed of Livna's official arrival at the Academy. He let her be processed by the Academies oldest Overseer........and the only female Overseer that had as a matter of fact.

When Linva exited wearing her new attire he would be standing in the room with the weapons waiting on her. He was dressed in simple pants and shirt. He was ready to dive right back into the part of being Sith he enjoyed. Training to fight and training to kill.

It had been too long since he had done so. Part of him worried he was going to lose his edge if he went too much longer without the thrill of combat.

[member="Livna Zios"]

And there he was, as stealthy as a Belkadan redcrested cougar, her new Darksided Master stood in the training room. Tadala had disappeared, and for this, the Caprine was grateful. Marcus had not only witnessed Livna at her worst - writhing in pain from his lighting attack - he had also enjoyed an intimate moment or two with the blonde former servant. So even though for a moment, she would not let down her guard around him, he was no longer a stranger, while Tadala was.

Livna was determined to not think of herself as Sith - after all, the hard seed of revenge against Priestess Tiin had already been firmly implanted in her soul, the roots snaking around her innards, causing her to seek these dark powers.

Watching Marcus carefully with her blue eyes, which were like bright, inviting pools of water compared to the purple stain of the bruise across her pale features, she said: "Talada is quite the hostess. She reminds me of the Elder Priests I grew up with in the Temple of Ax'no." Her gaze drifted to the variety of weapons along the wall.

"How are you, My Lord?" the horned Acolyte asked with a deferential nod.

Livna may have been a Darksider now, but she still retained her proper manners from her time in servitude.

[member="Vengeance"]

When Livna made herself back to the training room. He looked at her face and frowned. He moved over beckoning the Overseer back into the room. When she arrived he looked at the old Crone.

"Would somebody like to explain to me why this Acolyte looks like she has been beaten?" "Did the orientation process get changed and somebody forgot to mention it?"

His gaze was cold and harsh.

"I am sure it hasn't considering I wrote it myself." "You know my rules about the abuse of Acolytes do you not?" "So somebody better have a fething good explanation for this."

[member="Livna Zios"]

If Livna were a little bolder, she would have thrown Tadala under the proverbial speeder bus right then and there. But the malicious glee in blaming the Overseer for her injury would be fleeting, and then she would be constantly watching her back for Tadala's revenge. The woman was ancient after all and likely not afraid of death at this point. That would make her a formidable tormentor if she felt the need to abuse the Acolyte as she'd strictly been warned not to.

But with an unexpected tremble in her voice, the old woman said, "My most gracious Lord, when I questioned her injury, the little whelp told me she'd been in a bar fight." The absurdity of the situation was enough that Livna stifled a laugh, but not before catching a withering glare from Tadala. "I certainly hope she did not tell you otherwise, and if so she should be severely whipped for the boldfaced lie... of course by your hand only."

Livna stood quietly waiting for Marcus's reaction. She did not need to protest as the truth stood for itself.

"Impudent youth," muttered the Overseer under her breath. "Will that be all, My Lord?" the crone asked with a sycophantic bow.

By the stars, how afraid of him, she is! Her future with Briga Tiin flashed before her eyes and caused her to chest to swell with determination. Never will I be a simpering old harpy like Tadala. Patiently, the Caprine shifted her hips moving her weight to the other foot while she watched the exchange before her.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance turned to look at Livna.

"Acolyte?" "Is this true?" "Have you been picking fights with the locals?"

He was curious the answer. It was out of character for LIvna if it was true. Sure she had potential but then this was also the same person who swore she would never become a Sith..............would never be that cruel.

[member="Livna Zios"]

Livna's brow furrowed, and she suddenly felt under the microscope, the mild fury and inquisition from the Sith Lord now directed upon her. A bundle of lies tumbled into her head about why the injury, but she clenched her jaw so that nothing dishonest emerged.

There was no right or wrong answer; there was only the truth.

The corner of her lips curled upwards in amusement because, yes a bar fight was quite an audacious event for the gentle Caprine, and it was funny to think of how it happened but...

"I was recently on Naboo, and I ran into a Dark Jedi. We both had a little too much to drink and ended up dueling with no weapons. I gored him with my horns, and he broke my nose. It was a good lesson I should think, My Lord, about being more prepared in a fight."

Tadala snorted in derision, inching away as she had other Acolytes to psychologically abuse.

"Do you find it odd?" she asked, searching his features for anger or disappointment. Sometimes a drunken night ended in sex and other times it ended in a fight - and for some beings in the galaxy, like Marcus and Livna, violence and eroticism were firmly entwined.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance looked amused as he heard what had happened. It was a look of contained amusement.

"Well then I hope you have learned three things from your encounter." "One never drink too much when away from the safety of your fellow Sith, two never fight unarmed, and three never let yourself get caught unprepared."

He paused.

"Are you fit to fight Acolyte or do you need more time to recover?"

He then glanced back towards the Overseer.

"Dismissed I am sure you have duties to tend to."

He turned back to Livna waiting for her answer.

[member="Livna Zios"]

The Overseer scuttled off, her work here done. She had more fledgling Acolytes to attend to and keep in line. Livna watched Tadala leave, knowing it wouldn’t be the last time she would have a run-in with the hoary old administrator.

After a short lecture about the need for preparedness in battle, Livna answered: “No I’m ready, My Lord. Unless your grand training idea is to punch me squarely in the face, I will be able to fight today.” This was said with a little more snark than intended, which was another thing the Caprine knew she needed to work on. After all, she was free now – no longer anyone’s servant. She did feel a bit like a slave to Marcus, which was why she knew that she had the propensity to act out around him, but it was a means to an end.

Livna was determined to make a new life for herself, with Force skills that really only the Sith Lord had taken an interest in.

“Which I’m sure is not your idea,” she quickly added, trying to correct the audacious remark. Perhaps Tadala was right after all, and Livna’s impudence would be the death of her. But ultimately she did want to prove to Vengeance that she would be a strong and capable warrior, to earn her place fighting besides him on the battlefield. Despite her troublesome mouth.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance smiled waiting until the Overseer had left before he walked up cupping Livna's cheek. He leaned in planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

"No more picking fights." "You are better than that."

He turned back reaching out with the force and pulling two wooden training swords off the rack.

"I have been known to smash people in the face with the occasional saber hilt."

He tossed one of the swords to her.

"Welcome to Swordsmanship 101." "There are two undeniable facts that a lot of people don't talk about."

He smiled.

"The first being the Force is not all powerful." "Travel far enough for long enough and you will find there are ways to temporary cut off Force connections."

He twirled the training sword in his hand.

"Two the Saber is not all powerful." "There are ways and methods to short out or disable them." "It is rather annoying when it happens."

He paused.

"So when I teach I start with the sword and I strongly recommend keeping a back up knife or other non saber weapon."

[member="Livna Zios"]

As he approached, she did not flinch at his proximity as she may have before. Marcus would be able to tell that Livna had grown stronger, even in the short time they’d been apart. And the soft touch of his lips on her cheek was unexpected on her part, but not unwelcome as she did enjoy currying his favor, not just in battle. She leaned into it momentarily and then stood straight again, catching the sword as he tossed it to her.

Livna had no real experience with weapons except for her own horns, and what she hoped to do under Vengeance’s watchful eye was learn how to use the two of them together. Palming the sword, she calculated its weight and length before giving it a practice swing.

“Fair enough,” said the Caprine Acolyte. “What saber style do you favor?” she asked. She was tangentially aware of the various Forms from her mistress prattling on about it, but it wasn’t as if she absorbed much. Most of the time, when with Priestess Tiin, Livna would retreat into her own head and daydreams. But she was no longer dreaming. She felt more free with Vengeance than she had in a long time, and the thought was a little terrifying and wholly exhilarating.

[member="Vengeance"]

He smiled.

"I live my life by the sword." "As a result I greatly favor Makashi designed specifically for one on one saber combat." "The best part though is when you get good at it you can do more with it."

He started to circle Livna.

"You can fight two opponents if you are creative enough." "Not to mention hold your own regardless of size, speed, or what form your opponent is using."

He stopped circling looking at her.

"How well do you know the saber forms?" "And do you have a preferred form?"

[member="Livna Zios"]

Makashi. She’d heard the name from the lips of the Priestess, but that was about. Briga Tiin favored Soresu and even still, her former mistress was a sorceress, not a swordsman.

To have that type of advantage of the Sith Inquisitor was an enticing proposition.

“Soresu is all I’m familiar with,” Livna said, her eyes following Vengeance as he circled her like a predator. “And only watching Priestess Tiin practice it with the Balae warriors on Iktotch. Lucky for me, I traveled with her everywhere, but unless it can be learned through osmosis…”

The blonde Acolyte trailed off. “The only weapons training I’ve had is with my horns,” she admitted. “All Caprine are taught how to spar at an early age, so while I’m rusty I’ve been able to stave off an attack or two.”

Unfortunately she would not be impressing him with her swordplay, but given the chance to gore through another Acolyte with her strong, keratin horns, Livna felt she may be able to have the upper hand.

"I will learn what you recommend, My Lord," she finished.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance nodded.

"Soresu is a popular form but not one I use very often if at all." "I would recommend the same philosophy when it comes to your horns.......unless that is you want to get your head cut off in the process."

He paused giving her a soft smile.

"You see when it comes to fighting your life against a superior opponent your best course of action is to disarm." "If that weapon happens to be on your head well..........."

He let it hang in the air for a moment as he moved directly in front of her.

"Ok now a big question that get's asked as it rightfully should is what to do with the free hand..............."

With his sword in his left hand his waved with his right as he talked.

"The best advice I can give is if you are not going to use it to strike is to keep it tucked in close to your body." "Live it hanging out there............"

He held his right arm out partially.

"..........and some jerk like me is liable to cut it off."

He smiled bringing the arm back in close.

"Now any questions."

[member="Livna Zios"]

Livna watched Vengeance and mirrored his positioning with her sword, making sure she tucked the wooden weapon in when she wasn’t swinging. Using the one-handed grip, she swung a few times getting the feel of the sword.

The Sith Lord was right about her horns as well. The Caprine would normally only use them for defense as she had when she entered the street brawl on Naboo with the Dark Jedi Master who broke her nose. Otherwise her head could be lopped off, spine snapped or even a concussive injury could happen if she used them too offensively. She grinned when he called himself a jerk and bit her bottom lip, stifling a laugh. Yes, Marcus could be cruel at times, but it was his unexpected human side that caused her to be so intrigued by him. And his handsome rugged face, muscular body and mischievous smile…

Focus, Livna.

“I have a natural precognitive ability,” admitted the blonde acolyte. “Which I can use to occasionally predict strikes, as in the case of my opponent who I recently sparred outside of the cantina. Would you suggest I learn Makashi? And when can I practice on another Acolyte?”

Didn’t the Academy have a fresh crop of eager young apprentices willing to spar and show off for their superiors?

"I'm not here to impress Tadala," she added.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance smirked.

"Actually you are." "That old Crone holds a great many ears and as such commands great influence." "So her you are some one to be feared and you will open up doors you never thought possible." "Including a better crop of potential Apprentice candidates should you ever wish to teach one day."

He paused.

"As far as Makashi it is what I use but if you would rather learn I different form I can try to oblige." "Up to you."

[member="Livna Zios"]

Livna’s nose wrinkled at the thought of needing to impress Tadala. I’d sooner kill her than impress her, thought the Caprine, but yet, she was suddenly surprised at this vile thought. Is the darkside of the Force changing me? Will I become a horrific monster like my former Lady.

But she knew there was honor in battle and no dignity in reckless murder.

“I want to learn a Form where I can use my saber, my horns, and the Force to aid in sparring. Perhaps something with speed and acrobatics? That’s both aggressive but delicate?”

The Caprine Acolyte was describing Ataru, The Way of the Hawk-Bat, but she wasn’t familiar with the formal name. Livna knew she was no powerhouse and would never have the immense muscles of a warrior trained in swordplay from birth. Her best bet was a lightsaber style that would allow her the evasion of Soresu, but quick aggression of Makashi.

“And I would very much like to teach an apprentice or two someday,” she remarked. Marcus was much more patient than she thought he would be in his training based on her earlier encounters with him. But there was a slow familiarity building between them, not to mention the fact that he knew she wasn’t going anywhere. Livna was no longer a flight risk, and whether that made her less enticing of a prey, she wasn’t sure.

But she was dedicated to continuing upon the path which she now tread, wherever it took her.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance listened to Livna express what she was interested in. When she mentioned acrobatics he had to bite back a retort. He was familiar with the concept of acrobatics and found it to be mostly useless. After a minute however he thought of a better idea.

"Hmmm speed and acrobatics." "The form you speak of, Ataru, is not one I am very familiar with in terms of application." "I have heard of it." "However if you would indulge me I would like to perform a little experiment with you?"

He had fought someone using the form when he was an Acolyte during a tournament and he remembered a move his opponent had tried on him. He would demonstrate the concept to her and then they would move forward.

[member="Livna Zios"]

“As long as you’re not going to alchemize me, certainly,” said Livna with a smile. She recalled a time serving Priestess Tiin while she was in her Sith Lord’s chamber, and the pair, lying together in his bed, were discussing alchemical creations, specifically what they could do to the blonde handmaiden if given the opportunity. She remained quiet, but the conversation had traumatized her to say the least.

As though reading his thoughts, she asked, “What was your experience like as an Acolyte?”

It was heard to imagine Vengeance as a young man less confident and poised. She’d always known him to be the steely-eyed beast of prey as he was now.

"Who was your Master? And were they cruel to you?"

He had quite a dry sense of humor at times. Livna could definitely envision a frustrated Lord throwing the stubborn and challenging man into a dungeon for a few days for speaking out of turn. But perhaps he was not like that at all and was more pensive, shy and quietly dedicated to learning the dark arts.

[member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance chuckled.

"No........I rarely practice Alchemy and when I do it is only to create minor amulets and such." "No what I have in mind is to simply let you you try your acrobatics and see if it is what you truly want to do."

He cocked his head to the side for the moment looking curiously at her.

"My first day as an acolyte Darth Vaildra tried to set me on fire and then cut my head off." "I spent the next few years conquering planets, beating up Jedi, and killing hundreds in the name of the One Sith." "Except for that first trip to Dagobah.....where I met Darth Venefica and more importantly Darth Timoris who I would eventually ask to marry me........but that was years later."

He chuckled.

"I had no Master little Flower, the battlefield was my Master." "I did occasionally go to a few mass training sessions in Alchemy and Sorcery."

He smiled.

"I learned very early on the only person I could rely on was myself." "Though I did once have a very pleasant conversation with then Jedi Grand Master Corvus Raaf in the middle of the invasion of Contruum." "Nothing like talking about family, love, politics, and philosophy while hundreds of people around you are trying to kill each other."

He smirked.

"I have always done things on my own terms Livna."

[member="Livna Zios"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom