Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Brotherhood - class Pocket Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
robert_simons_08.jpg

Image Source: http://conceptships.blogspot.com/2010/10/concept-ships-by-robert-simons.html
Affiliation: Brotherhood of the Crimson Lotus
Manufacturer: Hikage's Shadowyard / Cerberus Enterprise
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel hull with a special Armoring coating (see Special Features), Tungsten skeletal frame, transparisteel windows
Classification: Pocket Carrier

Length: From Right to Left: 200 Meters
Width: Front to Back: 100 Meters
Height: Top to Bottom: 355 meters

Armament: Rating - 6 (Defensive Batteries / Anti-Starfighter)
10X Flak Cannons
2X Twin Laser Cannons
2X Tractor Beam Cannons

Defenses: Rating - 10

Hangar:
1X Swarmer Squadrons

Special Features:
Maneuverability Rating: 18
Speed Rating: 16
Hyperdrive Class: 2 with a Backup with of 10

Strengths:
  • Great Defensive Ship
  • Carries many fighters for swarming
  • Targeting System is state of the ark
  • Strong Hull
Weaknesses:
  • Super Slow
  • No Real Offensive Abilities
  • Can only hold minimum crew needed to opperate the ship
  • Rear has no weapons only hangars
Description: With a new concept of space warfare in mind, the Crimson Lotus put to work a ship to help the Lotus - Classes swarm enemy fleets. The Brotherhood was created. Designed more like a moving hangar bay than anything else, the ship can hold many smaller fighters in it, and act as a defensive station. It's cutting edge targeting system is in sync with all fighters stationed on each carrier to help provide the best accuracy of it's star fighters, AND, other smaller capital ships around it such as the Lotus - Class. Apart from this, though, the Brotherhood is not mean for offense, and it's back is highly vulnerable to attacks. It's slow, and does not possess any major firepower. Swarming is all this ship was meant for.
Development Thread: If need be.
Intent: To create a unique carrier for the use of a swarming tactic against enemy fleets, and to help build the navy of the Brotherhood of the Crimson Lotus.
Who Can Use This: Limited (Crimson Lotus)
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Romeo Sin said:
Manufacturer: Hikage's Shadowyard / Cerberus Enterprise
Can you hyperlink this please?

Romeo Sin said:
Hangar: 4X Starfighter Squadrons 2X Bomber Squadrons 1X Shuttle Squadrons

This seems a bit high to me. While there may be some deviation from the examples in the Starship template, it's not likely to be to this extent. Generally corvettes dedicated to carrying fighters can carry 1 squadron of starfighters (which fits well with the canon corvette carrier Night Caller).

Based on your description of it, if you want this to carry more than 12 starfighters, you can probably get it higher by using something that has a higher squadron count (like a swarm fighter such as CEC's swarm fighter). There are, of course, other examples of swarm starfighters as well, but that's the first one to come to my mind.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I shall hyperlink

As for the hangar that was the concept I was holding for it, Swarmer Fighters. I was going to make some that could easily fit in this ship.

If I take the Shuttles away and one Bomber could I still be able to fit a squad of Bombers in it?

Romeo Sin said:
I shall hyperlink [/quote

Doesn't seem to be hyperlinked.

As for the hangar that was the concept I was holding for it, Swarmer Fighters. I was going to make some that could easily fit in this ship. If I take the Shuttles away and one Bomber could I still be able to fit a squad of Bombers in it?

Classification: Pocket Carrier Length: From Right to Left: 200 Meters Width: Front to Back: 100 Meters Height: Top to Bottom: 700 meters

Is this a pocket carrier, or a full-blown carrier cruiser?

With its height (if we're using that as its maximum dimension instead of length), you can easily get 5-6 squadrons as a cruiser-carrier (dependent on its different features). With that, however, each one of these would have to be PC-captained.

If we're counting these by the 200 meter length, these carrier corvettes wouldn't have to be PC-captained, but they could only carry 1 squadron each.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Its a Pocket Carrier.

The whole concept behind this ship is that it will hold swarming styled ships. They'll be super small. (this is the concept I have in mind for them) And you did say that if I am going for a swamer type fighter there would be more in 1X squadron then normal?

Romeo Sin said:
Its a Pocket Carrier.
I recommend that the height is changed to something that's less than 400 meters then just so that it can be fielded in larger numbers then. At something like 400 hundred meters, it could fit into the carrier frigate role, and probably have 2 squadrons as is.

Romeo Sin said:
The whole concept behind this ship is that it will hold swarming styled ships. They'll be super small. (this is the concept I have in mind for them) And you did say that if I am going for a swamer type fighter there would be more in 1X squadron then normal?

Yes. The exact number would be dependent on its overall individual strength and features. The one I linked you to above earlier has 36 fighters per squadron, but that is the highest that I've seen so far. It's more normal to see a squadron count of 24 for swarm fighters. But again, that will be depend on the fighter submission itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom