Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Wings

It was a well known fact Jairdain was a mentalist within the Jedi. Many of her lessons revolved around mental skills. She wasn't much of a fighter, but was there to support her friends and allies. Something that was less known was her desire to help and heal those that needed it.

At one point in her life, she was quite a familiar face in the medical ward, but these days it was less common. However, once in a while she would still show up, give the needed aid and then leave again. There was a day she was present and a young woman had come in. Just after losing her child, she had come to the medical ward for help. She had been one of those helping the young woman and she wanted to check up on her.

Some small amount of time had passed and she reached out. When she had been this girl's age, she had fallen in love and now many years later that relationship was finally coming together. Through ups and down, ins and outs, Yuroic had been a constant in her life even when she didn't feel she wanted him around. She had done an about face and now he was a anchor for her. He had also told her she was his anchor. Perhaps she would not become the anchor for another person.

Reaching out to the girl from the medical ward, she figured she needed to talk. Eenia had given her the impression she was very alone in her struggle and didn't have anybody in her life to help. Inviting her to one of the many meditation rooms of the Rest, she assured the girl in her message they wouldn't be bothered or disturbed.

Now she waited. Sitting comfortably on her floor, Jairdain wore simple but well made clothes. Her hair was free to fall down her back and some of it rested on her shoulders. As she sensed the approach of Eenia, she stood and waited for the girl to enter. Giving her a friendly smile, she motioned for her to come and close the door.

"Good after, Eenia. I don't know if you remember me, but I am Jairdain Ismet."

[member="Eenia Vahn"]

Receiving a message wasn't entirely uncommon for anyone these days, but for Eenia as of late? It wasn't exactly normal. And then for it to be a request to join a meditation session? While normally the young woman would have found such a thing odd, today she found it quite appealing. There hadn't even been any hesitation in her decision making over it. Nia had merely shut down the holo book she had been reading, and left her room without putting much more thought into it than that.

The idea of doing something productive, and dare-to-dream, even relaxing lured her in like a moth to flame. While there was uncertainty for sure, it didn't slow Nia down any. She wasn't sure why she had received this message, or what it was that was hoped to be gained from it, but she supposed she would find out once she had reached the requested destination.

When she arrived, Eenia had slowed just a tad when the door came open and she saw the woman waiting for her in the room. Almost too quickly she second guessed herself, and almost back pedaled. "I remember you," she assured, though she sounded just a little guarded at the moment. Why one of the healers from her downfall had requested this with her, Eenia wasn't sure, and she was a little suspicious now too. Despite the fact, she stepped fully into the room and closed the door. "I got your message..." which was obvious, but in that moment Nia honestly didn't know what else to say.

[member="Jairdain"]

She wasn't sure if she would be remembered this other woman's dark days. It became clear soon enough, almost before the door finished opening. Being the empath that she was, Jairdain easily picked up on the trepidation Eenia felt. Attempting to put her at ease, she sent out a sense of welcome through the Force.

"Please, make yourself comfortable, Eenia. We hardly know each other and I figured, well you might need some ideas or help in keeping yourself occupied. Mentally and physically,"

Her words might be blunt, but her tone carried sympathy and understanding. She hadn't lost a child herself, but she had lost a great many things in her life. Perhaps telling Eenia about some of them would bring her some solace.

"What have you been doing since then?"

[member="Eenia Vahn"]

Well...in that regard she couldn't argue with the older woman. If there was one thing Eenia knew she needed, it was something to keep her busy. She was most definitely left with too much time on her hands, which gave way to too much time to think and dwell. And that was definitely no good for her. So with that in mind, Nia made her way deeper into the room, though she didn't sit down yet.

Her arms folded against herself, and for a moment she chewed on the inside of her cheek as she considered whether or not she wanted to answer the inquiry that had followed Jairdain's welcome. The answer wasn't a very good one, after all. "Admittedly, not a whole lot." she answered through a sigh. "I walk a lot, and I've been making sure to keep up with some of my training. But that's about it."

Well, at least she was honest about it.

[member="Jairdain"]

"Did you ever consider offering to help heal others? There was a time in my life where I was a lost and broken woman. My mind had been shattered and I needed help getting it pieced back together."

Physical wounds were easy to heal, it was the mental ones that were much harder. Jairdain informed Eenia of her own past in an attempt to help her. To let her know that she had been weak at one point.

"The Silvers healed me physically from my captivity and allowed me to rest while I recovered. Once I had physcially recovered, it was suggested I help heal others. Even now, I will still do that."

Giving her a small smile, she implied that suggestion is what brought them together to meet in the first place. She had been present when Eenia was in the medical ward and Jairdain had helped heal her then. This just continued that and took it to the next step.

"Walks are always nice. I took a great many of them once the Jedi were sure I wasn't going to return to my old sithing ways. That isn't something to worry about with you though. What are you studying in your training?"

Making small talk, she did not mind that Eenia did not sit down with her. That might come in time and Jairdain wasn't going to press the young woman into something she wasn't ready for yet.

[member="Eenia Vahn"]

A very slow, and very deep sigh came from Eenia through her nose. The question that had been asked of her made her look at her hands, and with her brow creased she opened and closed them a few times. Eventually, her blonde locks shook loose as her head bobbed in a slow nod. "I did," she answered about thinking about healing others. "Before everything happened, that's exactly what I wanted to do." Her gaze lifted from her hands, and her arms fell back to her sides. "I wanted to mend bodies and help mend minds. I wanted to finish the basics of my training, so that I had combat capabilities, then I wanted to move to training to heal. That way I could be an asset not just within the healing halls, but out on the field too."

Nia's brow creased and she frowned just a little, "But how could I ever think about healing someone after what I did?" she questioned. "Hands that I wanted trained to heal life nearly took one away instead." She sniffled once, and brought an arm up to rub her nose against, but there were no water works. Just a really thick lump in her throat now and guilt that twisted harshly in her stomach. If she had eaten anything that day, it wouldn't have stayed at that point.

"And then...then everything just fell apart from there." She didn't elaborate, not that she needed to. Jairdain had been there for part of it, after all. One of the worst parts at that. And all the rest of it? Well, that wasn't worth discussing, no matter how badly Eenia felt because of it all. And while it didn't exactly do much but answer one of Jairdain's questions, at least Eenia had opened up and said anything at all, about anything really.

[member="Jairdain"]

She gave Eenia all the time she needed to answer and showed no sign of impatience. NOt that she felt any at all. The girl admitted healing is all she wanted to do before things fell apart for her. It was a rather familiar sounding story.

"All I ever wanted to be was a consular, diplomat and advisor. Then my life fell apart and I changed. Taken captive by a Sith, brainwashed and released. I fought against the Jedi a few times even. Something was wrong though and I broke again. Only this, I was held by the Silvers.

"I believe you know most of the read, but we go over it again if you want."

There was a sympathetic tone to her voice and a sense of a greater understanding than what Eenia might have picked up from others. As a healer, she needed to be able to pick up on how a person was feeling emotionally and Jairdain made no attempted to hide or keep anything from the young woman.

Her words should tell her there was hope for her.

"Just because somebody does something bad, that doesn't mean it can't be changed. What one does in a certain mental state can be forgiven. I think you know that well."

Giving Eenia a smile, she hoped to set any concerns she had at ease. There was also no condemnation in her words or tone.

"I am far from perfect, Eenia and make mistakes. We all do."

[member="Eenia Vahn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom