Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Broken and Shattered

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

kos4.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Redd Redd , Lavria Xedrim | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Karki Eusith | Eline Djo | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Open
Gerwald hated the desserts of Geonosis, but the rock formation which littered the planet were ideal for the lesson he had in mind. Many had noted his use of shatterpoint, a skill very few utilized. Today, Gerwald wanted to change that. It was effective in many situations, and while the lupine used it primarily in combat situations, the uses extended far beyond it.​

The Bastion remained in orbit over the desert planet. Those among the Knights Obsidian which wanted to take part in the lesson had been told to find a ride to the surface. The Lord Commander would be waiting for them all near the abandoned ruins of an old hive cluster. The location was ideal considering the number of rocks and loose stones which littered the ground around the area. They were ideal for learning since finding the weaknesses and fault lines through the force would not be a difficult task.​

As with any skill there were progressively harder and more difficult applications for what Gerwald intended to teach. Even though he used the skill often, there were applications the lupine had yet to attempt himself. One could kill with it, and even reopen past wounds if the fault or weakness could be identified in the force. Some would even use the skill to exploit blindspots in a person’s connection to the force. These applications, Gerwald would keep to himself for the time being. They were not the asspirations of those new to the skill.​

Boots carried him up a set of stone steps which had been carved into the ground. The footfalls of the others were not far behind him. He smiled as he looked over his shoulder where the geminaie should have been. Her eyes almost matched the sands he walked on, and yet, Gerwald knew her gaze so well that he could see the subtle differences. He knew them apart with one look. Such was the manner of their bond. They cared for each other deeply. The connection they shared would not have allowed anything else to be true. Feelings existed between them which they both denied, each for their own reasons. It was the price each paid for choosing the path they walked together.​

“I’m sorry,” were the only two words Gerwald has spoken to his apprentice in regards to the training session before leaving her in orbit on The Bastion. Her connection to the force was still distant.​

A sigh escaped his lips as he turned to face the direction his feet carried him. There was another always with him, her presence bound to the ring which Gerwald kept with him at all times. His mind was often pulled to Naedira, especially as he carried out the duties of his office as Lord Commander. Often he had wished she would be at his side to help shoulder the weight of what was demanded of him. Her wisdom and friendship had always been invaluable. When he did not know what to do, she always had, and it had been one of the many reasons he loved the woman.​

She would have been able to teach this skill alongside him easily. Naedira had been patient with him as the lupine struggled in the area of mental force abilities. He had known how to keep people out, and telepathy was natural as he used it often as a wolf, but the other skills had been harder to learn.​

Gerwald looked to the others as they arrived. He grinned as they all seemed to circle about him.​

“Find a rock, something you can hold in your hand. Once everyone has one we will proceed.”

Gerwald was a much more direct teacher.​

Karki Eusith - RIP

K
SOME TIME AGO…

LOCAL TIME: 10:21 HOURS
SITUATION: THE SITH ETERNAL ATTACK OF THE SILVER JEDI TEMPLE

The Jedi Temple Guards were a position of honor and respect among the Jedi, learning to and enabling techniques that provide a safe-haven for old and young Jedi alike. They were anonymous, they were efficient, and they were icons. They were icons of safety and were the Guardians of the Guardians. That meant that the jobs of the Temple Guardians were that more difficult when it came time to protect the Temple like this. They were under attack…

… a coordinated attack…

The Sith Eternal were landing en masses, firing weapons, swinging lightsabers, and slaughtering Jedi young and old. The guard were doing their job, putting themselves between the attacking Sith and the young ones. They were attacking the attackers with the same amount of brutality and holding their own. Then the Rancors broke ranks, and two of them killed a group of younglings who only wanted to escape into the lower vaults.

The Temple Guard are taught to temper their feelings even more than “regular” Jedi, but witnessing such an act can break anyone. Being in charge of the young ones that were slaughtered, no matter what you had done to protect, no matter how little you could slow not one by two Rancorrs, as well as First Legion, as well as Sith…

… was mentally destructive.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

To some, such a reaction may seem “trite”, but what would you do when everything you worked and trained for came crashing down in front of you?

Thrown through a wall, he woke up days later, in the infirmary, no one blamed this one for his failure, no one even called it that. They were wrong though, very wrong. He was the one charged with the protection of the young ones, he was the one who allowed them to be slaughtered, he was the one still alive. This was not merely some “survivor syndrome”, this was failure. He was welcome to stay as long as he needed, he was suffering from PTSD(if that was a disorder), and he needed help.

He didn’t stay.

He left behind the mask, he left behind robes. He took the lightsaber, he wasn’t worthy of it, but one day he would wield it again, not now though. No, he would only wear the under armor. Packing his Phenex fighter under the cover of night, he left. For good? Maybe, hopefully not, he wanted to be worthy again. However he would not come back until he was worthy enough to wear the robes, and the mask again.

PRESENT DAY…

LOCAL TIME: 1200 HOURS
SITUATION: BEING ALONE

So here I stand. I’ve been here for a couple of weeks now, camped out on Geonosis. Some would say that I didn’t think this through, I don’t know. Maybe they’re right. What I do know is that I have to start working things out if I’m ever going to start wielding this lightsaber again. The Jedi are protectors. I’m no Jedi. Not right now. I will be again though, but in the meantime, anyone who is Sith? They’re going to pay. I don’t care who they are. I don’t blame you for who you are. I blame you for what you do.

If you’re not responsible, point me at whois. Simple as that.

There. I’ve made my declaration of intent, it’s documented, this is the warning. No one can say that there wasn’t one.

There are others here. Not the natives, others. I can sense them. There are a lot of them and I don’t know what to do. Should I approach? Should I lay back and observe? I do not recognize any of them, but none of them seem completely trustworthy. Is that them or me? Should I care? I’m outnumbered, so this new shield can stay on my back. I may not be a Jedi right now, but I still adhere to and live by the Code. I’m not going to cause drama.

I don’t know what to do.

For the first time in my life.

I wish those Rancors killed me.

teal.png

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Redd Redd | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Karki Eusith | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Lavria Xedrim

For one so often unperturbed with his surroundings, the sheer amount of sun and sand had etched a scowl deep into the Anzat's features. Not even the pair of glareshades he'd added to his ensemble for this occasion would save his eyes from a perpetual squint. A colorful shirt had been thrown over his usual leathers, if only for an attempt to lighten his mood.

Very seldom did deserts hold something worthwhile to him. He much preferred a cityscape, somewhere where one could go missing with very few noticing, but also somewhere that'd be rich with choice. For that reason and others, Naboo had been an ideal location to set up a semi-permanent residence.

But he wasn't here to dine, even if the cuisine available wasn't limited at best and buggy at worst. No, there were new skills to be learned, more tools to add to his arsenal. While he far from enjoyed being buffeted by sand or the sweltering sun that was likely going to leave him with a sunburn, he'd answered the summons for training in a timely manner. Just as he was timely in calling a rock to his hand, tossing it lightly as he waited for the lesson to commence.

teal.png

TealSky.gif

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Karki Eusith
Wearing: [xXx]

Another day, another lesson, or at least that was the way Eenia was starting to view her day to day. And it was by no means a bad thing. The young woman liked having a busy schedule. It kept her out of trouble, kept her mind sharp, and didn't let her dwell on anything that was going on in her personal life - good or otherwise. So when word of this class had reached her, she had of course informed her Master Dimitri Voltura about it, but then she had been on her way.

New skills, new things she could do that did not involve the use of melee, hand to hand, or anything else weaponized. She was getting better, but there was still a lot of work to be done.

It hadn't taken her long to get from point A to where the others were gathering around. There were a few faces she recognized, and she took the time to at least wave before she set her focus to where it needed to be. The heat was immediately a factor the moment she was still, and a soft, barely audible noise was made in Nia's throat as she lifted a hand to rub the back of it against her forehead. She wasn't sweating yet, but it wouldn't be long, she was sure of it.

Luckily, the gathered were given a task to find a rock, so that put the blonde Squire back in motion. She turned away from the group and scanned the area immediately around her, then stepped away so that she could find what she needed. Pebbles wouldn't do, and something too large would only get heavy after a while...but eventually she spotted what she needed. Just a plain piece of stone, something easy enough to pick up and cart around, but wouldn't weigh her down any. Nia stooped to pick it up, examined the rock for only a moment, then turned about so that she could rejoin the others.

Step one, done. That was easy enough - for the moment.

glitz.png

Lavria Xedrim

L

avedivider.png

Lav.png

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Karki Eusith | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn

Seriously?

Tell someone with a personal Starfighter to find their own way down? C'mon! The arrogant smirk was never far from the Zabrak's lips and it spread once more over the corners of her mouth as she headed over to the Fury that was always parked in the hangar of the Bastion whenever she was onboard the mobile academy.
"Lars, let's get our butts down on that sandy speck of dirt." she told her droid as she hopped into the fighter. With a few confirmation bleeps from Lars, the Fury then left The Bastion for the dirt of Geonosis below.

On the surface, the young Sith shielded her golden eyes against the glare of the sun as she met up with the others that had also just surrounded the grumpy Lord Commander. With the ever surrounding Darkness that always swirled around her, Lavria could easily sense a Dark weight on her Lord Commander despite the smile that he gave as he turned to face them.

When he gave his order to find a rock, a scowl formed on her face, however. The last time Lavria was in a true training lesson with this man as well as some of the others, it did not end so well for her mental state. And this time, her Master was not here to guide her through those hauntings like he did the last time. She sincerely hoped whatever Gerwald would be teaching them today would not open that little door again. She had slammed that chapter closed hard with the prospect of never opening it again. Especially after her brief capture by The Sith Empire.

Yet, she still did as she was told.

Her golden eyes looked around at the ground until she was drawn to a relatively flat and lopsided pebble. Stretching out one of her marked hands, she summoned the pebble towards her open palm.
"Right, now what?" she asked, turning back towards Gerwald and the others.

avedivider.png

emptybar.png

Valeria meditated in her ready room onboard the Raven's Hymn as it made it’s way towards Geonosis. Valeria decided that she would attend Gerwald’s, the Lord Commander of the Knights Obsidian, training on the planet. She had an inkling of what it might be about but regardless of whether she was right it could provide some useful knowledge that she may lack regarding the Force, and if she was to expand her horizons and fulfill her personal ambitions it would be needed. Valeria had never met Gerwald directly though she had seen him often but knew little about him, the times she had been in his proximity she had felt something odd about him in the Force but it was never worth investigating. After some time the ship eventually exited hyperspace in orbit of the world and Valeria boarded her shuttle down to the surface.

Valeria stepped off her shuttle, her boots impacting the sandy surface. Valeria thought this planet was pretty terrible in terms of...well, everything. She made her way towards the area that had been indicated as the site of the training and made her way to and then up the stone steps, she noticed that some had already arrived ahead of her but she wouldn’t consider herself late as she had arrived exactly when she had intended to.

Shortly after Valeria had joined the group encircling Gerwald silently, he had instructed the group to find a rock. Well, that’s nice and direct I suppose. Good. Valeria thought. Valeria spotted a rock near her and pulled it to her hand with the Force, not wanting to dirty her hands anymore then she needed to by digging around on the ground with them. She tossed the rock in her hand a couple times and found it should be nice and suitable for whatever was to come next.

TealSky.gif

V O L P E
She was a terrible pilot, even if she could manage in a shuttle. She had one of the droids ferry her down to the surface of the uninviting planet. History said there had been important battles on this dustball. Volpe couldn't see why anyone would fight for the rock.

She bad been sent to some pretty dreadful locales in her time with the forces, so she sucked it up and followed the group.

Having never been particularly good at affecting the world around her with the Force, she was curious to see what the lesson would cover. Callista was good at sensing trouble and acting upon that, so it could be one of the few facets of the Force that came naturally to her. It was a hope she had been forced to abandon many times before.

Failure wasn't fatal and it always carried a lesson.

Having to squint against the sun wasn't a huge barrier to completing the first tasks. There were rocks everywhere.

Last edited:

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

"Dreams make us better, they make us want for a better life, to be better..."

WHERE I AM: Somewhere on Geonosis
WHAT I'M CARRYING: Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber
TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Callista Volpe Callista Volpe Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée Lavria Xedrim Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn Oleander Webb Oleander Webb

I don't know what it is about the Force. I want to be alone, I want to get away from everything, but no sooner do I get here but some other group of Force Users decided to come here. Weird. There are light and dark? What the varp?! I COULD KILL THOSE KARKERS NOW FOR WHAT THEY DID!
No. I won't. Jedi don't do that. I have to calm down. Jedi remain calm in the worst of situations.

I will be worthy of being a Jedi again one day.

These people, they're all gathered as if about to learn something. Maybe they'll let me watch. I don't know. I don't have the wherewithal to figure out who they are. That Dark Side presence... I don't trust them. Should I? A Jedi is supposed to be trusting. I want to, but look at what the dark side did to so many innocents! ON OSSUS!

I can't... I can't be that way. I want to be worthy. I have to try.

Might as well do that now. Here I go. Meeting them. Maybe it will help. Maybe they will help.

I don't know.

"... and my dream is to one day again be worthy."

kos4.png

TAG: Karki Eusith | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Lavria Xedrim | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Rik Perris Rik Perris

Gerwald gave the students time to do as he instructed before venturing off to find a rock for himself. This skill came second nature to the lupine, however it did not come without memories. Gerwald had used this to save lives. He had even used it the moment @Naedia Darcrath convinced him he needed to destroy the ring to save his team from the devourer. This was one of two memories which settled into his mind in regards to the skill. He had been willing to give up any chance of seeing her return to the land of the living to save those under his charge. That had been the day he knew there was nothing he would not do for the Knights Obsidian. It had made agreeing to be the Lord Commander easy. That had not been as near a difficult decision.

The hand which held the rock extended to the group. Gerwald opened his palm so they could see what was about to happen. It only took him several seconds to isolate the weakness of the stone in the force, the blink of an eye, nothing more. A loud crack echoed through the valley as the chunk of earth broke into much smaller pieces.

His eyes scanned the group as he tossed the debris over his shoulder.

“Everything, everyone, has weaknesses in their construction. You can find them through the force and exploit them. In this case you saw how the rock cracked in several places. In a person, old injuries could be opened once more. You can find blindspots, fractures in someone’s mind, objects that look impossible to break can be turned into dust.”

Gerwald started to circle the group.

“Hold out the rock. Find the shatterpoint, think of it like a faultline. Press the force into it like you would if you wanted to push an object, but instead of pushing the object… push the fault to its breaking point.”

He nodded, indicating they should each try it.

Wearing: XXX
Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Karki Eusith | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Lavria Xedrim | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb

After much rumination, the decision was easy. Once the wool was pulled away, it couldn't have possibly been clearer. There were limits in life and warfare, limits, lines which should not, must not be crossed, things that must not be done, but were done. Denial was part of the process, perhaps all in all he had been grieving the shattering of his faith in the cause, but he was raised far better than what he had come to witness from those he stood alongside in arms, and called brothers, a thing he would do no longer, not directly. Not with them. The decision was easy, but the parting was hard, and despite the difficulty of it, his parents, to no great surprise, understood: cut from the same cloth, he and them. His brothers and sisters, whether they understood or not, were capable of understanding or not, agreed or not... promises were made, his word given that he wouldn't be too scarce, then he was gone.

This wasn't another instance of soul-searching - his convictions were clear, and the southern systems had been home for a time in his early childhood, when the first Galactic Alliance stretched coreward from that direction and his parents had flown those colours. He had given this decision his due attention and consideration, yet hope still laid in bed with doubt. War had a way of colouring your thoughts, no matter your beginnings, but he had to give the people here a chance, despite the railing against the presence of Sith in these territories, from the voices of others, who were... Rik's mouth drew a thin line, the idle tossing of the rock in his hand ceased, and he carried it underhand, stepping off from his place at the fringes of the group: Spacer with an extinguished lightstick swaying at the hip, the cut of his slightly-grown-out short mane speaking to a particular manner of service, and a several-days-unshaven jaw speaking several things otherwise, as he settled into place beside one of the two blondes ( Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn ) without intention, without words, when a rather audible crack made a statement, drawing his attention to a point, to the man who caused it.

It was hard to rein in the reflexive grin at the sound, his best only managing to tamp it down to mild, helped there by sombre memory, the faint beginnings of this day's subject skill having been one of Edic's last lessons, that Rik had refused to pursue further when the man walked among the living no more. Pain mellowed by years, such that when the opportunity to pick it up again fell into his lap upon submitting to the ranks of the Knights Obsidian, he saw no use in doing anything but jumping in, fresh off the boat, so to speak....

...but he had to shed the jacket, a sharp thought as testament to the parched warmth of Geonosis. Holding the rock at just below eye level, Rik took away the hand, and the rock stayed hovering in the air while he shrugged his outer layer off his shoulders, and slipped it from his arms. One, two quick folds, and the jacket was deposited with a dusty, muffled thump on the ground, out of the way. Only then did he return to the rock, plucking it out of the air to get to the task at hand, with no indication at all that it had crossed his mind to be showing off. Simply, out of all the possible options, he'd chosen that one, on account of it being less bothersome, and less bodily effort. He'd already bent to pick up the rock once, and it didn't feel like doing it a second time.

"Okay..." he uttered, almost mouthing the word, with a momentary tip of his head to one side while shifting the nature of his focus; the relatively fresh Corellian knight fixed on the rock in his grasp with a well-practised attention to detail that was readily apparent from him, ever since he was a much, much smaller boy, and only interested in taking things apart. This was, in essence, when used in this particular manner, a different means of accomplishing a similar end. The rock, at first pass, seemed utterly solid, with its splotchy dust-cover of reddish-brown, but idly rubbing a thumb against the dust, and with a particular eye, the rock revealed its secrets, by feel and sight - a nigh-imperceptible crevasse that he exploited further, pushing his force-bound will and intention into the microscopic valley, past the point of straining to where the rock's integrity began to fail, at which point Rik shielded himself from it with the opposite hand, and it flew apart with a somewhat milder crack than their instructor's demonstration. "...huh."

Forget quashing the grin that followed, this was....

"Cool."

Last edited:
Tag: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Rik Perris Rik Perris | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Karki Eusith | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Lavria Xedrim | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Redd Redd | Eline Djo | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure

It was a terrifying thought to linger on…

The idea of exploiting weakness in an object, thing, or person, and bring it to absolute destruction...

Especially in something that seemed to have such permanence, that appeared unbreakable.

All you had to do was find the right point, apply the right amount of pressure, and it was no harder than breaking glass.

Teyla held the smooth stone away from her body and focused her mind to achieve a state of peace and quiet calm as Luca had taught her, a task that was much easier achieved without the distractions and noises of home, and inhaled slowly through her nose.

She had learned to welcome the Force, a connection she once loathed because of what he’d done to awaken it inside her - for whatever nefarious purposes he'd had. Now, it took its own shape and had become akin to that of an ever faithful, invisible companion. Teyla felt the slight breeze of Geonosis brush across her dusky cheek, her consciousness blooming with the hyper realization to the small flickers of life on this seemingly ‘lifeless’ rock.

Teyla channeled the flow of power, reached through it until her awareness raised to that of the subtle fate lines of the object in her palm. Then...like a coil finally relieved of tension, the rock in her hand burst into several tiny fragments.

“Wow,” she breathed quietly, eyes wide.

Last edited:

teal.png

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Redd Redd | Lavria Xedrim | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Rik Perris Rik Perris | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Karki Eusith | Eline Djo | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée

His head tilted to the side, considering the lesson's demonstration and preamble with a curious gaze behind tinted lenses. Crushing a rock was worlds different from crushing an individual, yet the practice remained the same at its base. And the implications that came with its application, well, that's what he was here for, wasn't it?

Tossing the stone in his hand a couple times, his focus narrowed on the stone's inner workings. The sand had kept its edges jagged where water would've smoothed them out. All the better to pinpoint a weak spot. Still, Oleander was slow to apply pressure to it, opting instead to gather a more complete understanding of the weak points before exploiting them. A carefully placed nudge, in just the right area, sent a crack coursing throughout the stone but not crushing it, not yet. No, this was a practice of restraint just as it was in destruction.

He tossed the broken stone into the air one last time, the force holding it aloft while his hand waited below should his telekinetic grip be broken. And then, without another moment's thought towards caution, he applied more pressure to the stone. Cracks became more than simple fault lines as the stone shattered, its pieces bursting into more minuscule pebbles of debris as they sank to the ground in a small cloud of dust. "Nice," he noted with a slight grunt. "What's next?"

teal.png

TealSky.gif

TAG: All The Peoples

The original demonstration of this new technique had pulled Eenia's focus much the same way that it had so many others. She had before then been looking at the faces of those circled around, noting the differences in not only obvious appearances, but energies as well. But as soon as the lesson had started, she had zeroed in first on the instruction, then upon the stone in her hand.

Nia's hand rose, her palm flattening so that the stone she had chosen was displayed at just about chin height. Sea colored eyes studied the shape and size of the stone, her other hand having risen to turn it about in her palm so that she got the full view of it now. This was no longer just a rock she had plucked from the ground, but a learning tool now, and the blonde's brow creased a touch as she studied it. Eenia was careful in reaching with the Force, always careful now when it came to anything but healing after what had happened with her sister, but she wasn't hesitant. She looked within the stone, reaching for weaknesses, for just the slightest fault within it's makeup.

Eventually her head tipped a little to the side and her eyes narrowed as she seemed to find what she was looking for. A weakness, a place where she could reach in and apply focus, apply force. She exhaled a sigh, and her stone burst at it's fault points. A gasp was quick to fall from the blonde's lips and while at first she had shielded her face from exploded bits of rock (she didn't have time to shield the two on either side of her), both hands quickly covered her mouth instead. "Sorry..." she was quick to apologize, not for shattering the stone (or exploding it, as it were) but for the projectiles the pieces had become - even if they weren't particularly dangerous.

glitz.png

Pops and thuds of rocks shattering all around, but Callista was left glaring at her own. She had to break her concentration as several chunks of rock from Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn came her way.

Callista turned her head away, pieces of rock bouncing off her jacket. She left the girl a brief, withering glance before returning to focus on her own rock.

At least the distraction was an excuse for taking longer than the others. No weak points were revealing themselves to her. The rock had a history, a very long a tedious one that barely registered to her psychometry. It also had potential futures. One of which revealed itself to be smashed on the ground in frustration.

Shatterpoint was a delicate art. One that continued to elude her for the time being.

emptybar.png

Valeria listened as Gerwald explained the concept of Shatterpoint, she had heard of the concept in passing but hadn’t ever actually dealt with it. She found it an interesting concept, almost like a sort of time travel as you delved into the object’s, or person’s, physical history. It was a power with many applications in theory and would make a fine addition to her collection.

Once the explanation finished Gerwald bid the group, as he circled them, to try to break the rock they had acquired with the Shatterpoint. Valeria concentrated and reached into the Force delving into the rock’s history so to speak, she noticed a shatterpoint but also noticed that it had disappeared as quickly as it had come before another one appeared, she focused on it and pushed in to it causing the rock to shatter into three other pieces which then also had shatterpoints appear on them. No time like the present to test the limits, Valeria thought and so she focused on all three shatterpoints simultaneously turning all three pieces of the rock annihilating all three pieces.

Certainly a powerful tool, particularly for those talented in the Force such as herself, she had a look of satisfaction but otherwise said nothing of her accomplishment.

TealSky.gif

Lavria Xedrim

L

avedivider.png

Lav.png

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Karki Eusith | Rik Perris Rik Perris | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren

Well that was a neat little trick.

Lavria's golden eyes had watched as Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner demonstrated what it was they were to accomplish. The possibilities of this small power, were endless. The wielder of this would sure as Haran have an edge in a hostile situation.

At this thought, her face darkened.

In her time in the Confederacy, serving under Darth Metus Darth Metus and, with times, Gerwald, the Zabrak had come to realise how much Master Zul had held back in her time with the Sith Empire. It's like he wanted her to fail, despite all his Dark teachings.

Good thing she killed him, then.

The young Sith looked at the flat pebble in her hand. Its smooth, grey surface. Flawless to the naked eye. But if there was one thing Lavria could do well, it was to find the weakness in both people and things, even though she was never taught this skill. She homed in on the small stone in her marked hand, disregarding the little debris that showered them from Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn 's direction.

With the Force, she felt her way around the stone and then, instead of forcing it to crack, she edged into the small lines of weakness with her mind and squeezed instead. Cracked lines appeared all over the smooth surface, but they wept the small bit of moisture within the stone as well. She bled the stone dry of moisture and then she pressed, causing it to crumble to dust in her hand.

At least I didn't set anything on fire this time, she thought. Her golden orbs then looked back at their mentor. "Right, now what?" she asked.

avedivider.png

Karki Eusith - RIP

K

karki.jpg

"Dreams make us better, they make us want for a better life, to be better..."

WHERE I AM: Geonosis still
WHAT I'M CARRYING: Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber
TAG:
Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn Rik Perris Rik Perris | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren Lavria Xedrim

Okay, now I have to admit that this is pretty cool. This guy... what is it about that guy that is... okay I'm not gonna say "weird" because we all are in some way. I mean, if I saw myself on the street, I would think the same thing. The thing is this guy has something about him I've never seen before. Something "feral" was inside him. No, I'm not attracted, I don't swing that way. Just can't help but notice.

Anyway, I was able to hear him, so why not try it myself? Maybe I'll get something out of this trip. It's not like I'm going to walk up and meet any of them. Okay, I have a rock... best to do this sitting down. I'll draw too much attention to myself if I sit on top of this rock, especially if I break one. I'll probably draw the populace in all ticked off anyway. So I need to find a... no... that's urine... can smell it. That sand isn't stable, I'll fall down the other end. I need to figure something out here. My best bet is a rock, but I can't do that.

Yeah... I am not sitting down in the sand, it'll get in the armor... and I'll never get up... shield it is.

There we go, and... wow... surprising perfect seat. Okay, focus on a fault line aaaaand break.

Oh crap, that set something off... oh crap I'm sliding down the hill on my shield. In a lotus position...

... this is actually kind of fun. I would try it again if I didn't.just.slide.right.up.to.the.group.I.was.watching...

"Chit... sorry to intrude."

"... and my dream is to one day again be worthy."

kos4.png

TAG: Karki Eusith | [@Eenia Vahn | Lavria Xedrim | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Rik Perris Rik Perris

He watched as each student tried and all but one succeeded at making the rock they had chosen break. Gerwald could sense slight frustration from the one which failed, but still smiled as he approached.

"The rest of you keep working on the technique. Try it a few more times before I move us on to the next challenge."

His attention then turned fully to the one who had not shattered the rock. ( Callista Volpe Callista Volpe )

"More often than not we learn more by not succeeding the first time than we do by getting it right every time."

He offered another smile before steeping a little closer.

"Focus on the rock first. Figure out what it feels like in the force. Get to know it as well as you know your own self. Once you have done that, isolate what seems out of place. It could be an odd sensation, or a dark spot where something should be bright. You will know it when you feel it. Find that, isolate it, focus on it. Then pour the force energy into it as though you are pushing it apart. You can do this."

Ger offered another reassuring smile then stepped back.

"You can do this!"

Wearing: XXX
Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Karki Eusith | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Lavria Xedrim | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren

At their teacher's instruction, they went about trying the technique again a few times over, each attempt becoming perhaps faster, more precise, and doing better in preventing those around him from being pelted with the debris. It just required a little finesse with the timing of a shield; fine work was an area in which he excelled, and quick reflexes were in part honed by experience in the cockpit, as a fighter pilot, and otherwise, with regular training in combat. While going through the motions of breaking apart each rock, his mind considered other situations in which this could have been used, over the past handful of years, moreso in the field, than in the skies.

"Hey," he said, more to Eenia than anyone else, as he bent to pick up another rock, "I don't know anyone around this joint, yet," he rose, scrutinising the rock for a moment or two, "fresh off the boat from the Core," he looked to the blonde, offering a genuine, slightly toothy smile, "Name's Rik. Rik Perris."

For all that had happened in the past many months, it still couldn't take him down enough to want to abandon being around people. Growing up with as many siblings as he had, being solitary was weird. He was the kind of guy that talked to his astromech a lot on long ops.

"What's your thing?" He tossed the rock over and over in his hand, "I mean... what are you good at?"

TealSky.gif

TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Karki Eusith | Valeria de la Vallée Valeria de la Vallée | Lavria Xedrim | Callista Volpe Callista Volpe | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Rik Perris Rik Perris

The instruction to keep going caused Eenia to sigh through her nose. Not because she was upset with the order, but because of what had happened her first go of it. Her hand extended once again, this time so that she could summon a rock from the ground to her hand rather than stoop to pick another one up. For a time she examined it, this time turning it about in her hands, studying the outside as well as the inside. Like most things, it wasn't the same as the rock she had, had before. It was harder to find a place to infiltrate, harder to locate a fracture or weakness within it.

And then her concentration was broken by a voice. Being spoken to caused Nia to blinked rapidly for a moment and then her head turned so that she could look at the source of the voice. She didn't recognize him, which really wasn't saying too much since she was still learning faces among the collection of people, but hearing that he was new made her smile warmly. "I'm Eenia," she told him, though didn't bother with more than her first name. "Though, more commonly known as Nia." she shrugged a shoulder. The only ones who really called her by Eenia were her sister and those who were trying to teach her things.

"My thing?" she loft a brow and looked around for a moment, seeming to consider the question very carefully. What was her thing? She was pretty easily connected with the flow of the Force, but that wasn't something she felt proud of at all. It did however, help her with what she was good at and the realization made her smile again. Should have been such an easy answer in the first place, "I'm a healer." she answered with another shrug. "I'd ask what about you, but we should probably shatter another rock or two first."

Nia was ever the diligent student, after all.

glitz.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom