Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Brisk Breezes

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Deep breath. Shan would be there, and that was all she really needed to hear.

"You know, Valery made such a point that Jedi and love are risky." Colette chuckled again, it felt easy to do that around Shan. "But, I think we can handle it." Why was she bringing it up though? Hmm. "Just… There might be times that we have to choose one or the other."

"I'll be with you no matter which of those you choose, okay?" She clarified. "No question."

Choose to be a Jedi or choose to love...That comment made Shan frown for a moment, resting a hand on his chest as he stared up into the sky. Staying quiet, even at Colette's clarification. There was a lot of thoughts going through his mind as the cogs kept turning in his mind.

"...My choice is already made if we ever have to pick one then. I want to heal people, because I love them. I love the Galaxy. And the people in it. Sure, that might be a bit different to the kind of love Master Valery is talking about but...I don't know. I'm just rambling again. Ignore me."

He waved his hand dismissively at that, letting out a sigh as the Mirialan closed his eyes, just trying to settle his thoughts.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Ignore him?

"Never." Colette said and shook her head. "Your wisdom is as important as Valery's is."

Well, arguably in a different way but that was not something that Colette thought about. Call it being in a bit of a state at the moment. A happy state, but not necessarily a smart state. Not that 'smart' and 'Colette' went together at all times.

"I think she meant that we maybe shouldn't be doing jobs and missions together, so we don't even get put in positions where we have to choose between duty and love. But, that also doesn't mean we can't be together."

"Do we save the one or the many? That kind of thing."

"Oh. That...makes more sense than what I was thinking."

Shan ignored the comment about his wisdom being as important as Valery's. In his mind, he wasn't that wise but it was nice to hear. It did make sense, that they necessarily shouldn't do missions together all of the time. Of course, there may come some times where they didn't have a choice...but he was hoping that those would be far and few.

"Though I'm sure I'd be fine at it. It's like triage. Put people in order of who needs help the most."

He joked around with Colette slightly. As much as he joked about triage though, Shan was always terrible at it. He wanted to help everyone he could, as fast as he could. So having to put people in order of importance because of their injuries...It went against what Shan liked to believe.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"I don't know if I could do that…" Colette muttered mostly to herself. "Uh, decide who needs saving the most, that is.

Part of Colette had to wonder if she would be put in that seat. She assumed she most definitely would, but as it stood right now that very thought made her tense. All life was of importance, she figured.

Her grip around Shan's hand tightened just ever so slightly.

"What is it like?" She asked and turned to Shan yet again. "Deciding who to save? Or, uh, triage as you call it?"

"It's...not easy." Shan admitted at that, grateful for Colette's hand. It wasn't something he liked to think about too much. The thought of having to choose who was more likely to live or die was hard. He normally tried to disassociate from those kind of situations. Though he hsook his head at that, turning his head back over towards Colette.

"It's...hard. Sometimes people act like they're hurt more than they actually are...or you have to deal with someone instead of helping out someone you think might need it more. A child might have a broken limb, but there might be someone who's bleeding internally...But it's fine. Without triage, it would be more likely people would be worse...."

The Mirialan sighed, trying to just focus on something else as he closed his eyes, turning his head back over towards the sky.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Hey, we'll talk about something else, okay?" Colette whispered. It was clear that she was worried for a moment as she squeezed Shan's hand to try and make him focus on her instead. "Like, uh…"

She struggled to find a topic before,

"How's Sewer Rat? What're they up to?"

"oh. Sewer Rat? Eh...Cora's raycon nearly killed him." That was an awkward topic. But it was something that helped to distract Shan from the thought of triage as he rolled over to look at Colette.

"I was talking to her...about how I didn't trust her when we captured by the Sith...and well...Chubla was chasing him down it seemed." The Mirialan rubbed the back of his neck at that. He wasn't the greatest owner now that he thought about it, if he was letting his pet get chased down by a predator. "But he's fine now. Just...kinda sleeps inside of the dorms instead of coming out with me. Probably can't bring him here now, because of the little kitty."

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Eh, you're doing your best with him." Colette said and squeezed Shan's hand for a moment before she sat up straight again. The world seemed to spin for a moment and she couldn't help but blink. "Woah." She groaned and shook it off, forgetting entirely what they had even talked about for the last few seconds. "I think we've been lying down for too long."

She beckoned at Shan to get up with a quick wave and stood up on her feet again to stretch.

"Come on, let's go over the movements of the third form one more time and we'll call it a day."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom