Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bringing The Witches Home

ngPbPHY.jpg

D A T H O M I R
bvU6aHX.png
To the uncultured eye, Dathomir was a hellscape of dark bramble forests and fetid bogs. Its sky was red like freshly spilled blood, and the cries of monsters could be heard echoing through the vast canyons that littered its surface. What scared people more than anything else were the near-mystical inhabitants of Dathomir, the Nightsisters.
Witches.
Conjurers.
Soothsayers.
For many, they were a fairy tale, to others they were a depraved and contemptible lot. But to those who had studied their history, and who had learned their ways, they were a most majestic coven of incredibly talented Dark Force users. Their power came from a rather unique source, the soul ichor that churned beneath their planet's surface. Through it they could wield power unlike anything else in the galaxy, and to some that power seemed very much like magic straight out of a children's book. But it was just another aspect of the Force, of the Dark Side perhaps, and the Emperor of the Sith was well-versed in the Dark Side of the Force.
He stood on a narrow catwalk, narrow for his large physique of course, overlooking a wide canyon that terminated in a shallow basin surrounding a monolith. It was known as the Warlock Gate, and it served as a gateway between the land of the living and the land of the dead. The Empire has spent years studying its unique properties, condoning off the valley, and erecting a series of research stations and guard posts to ensure that the object of their fixation was not disturbed. The Nightsisters still living on Dathomir stayed clear of the Empire's business, they had seen what could happen if they were disturbed.
A smaller being, a Human wearing the offices of the Imperial Science Bureau, walked up next to the Emperor and waited patiently to be noticed. When she was, she cleared her throat and offered the Emperor news; "They are on their way, Supreme Excellency. They've been directed to landing pad cresh for your pleasure." Breathing out of his nose, the Emperor tore his gaze away from the vermillion sky to look down upon the science officer. "Very well, you are dismissed." It wasn't until she had long since departed that the Emperor started moving, walking with pride and with purpose towards the aforementioned landing pad. It was one of over a dozen which ringed the canyon's outer perimeter, each one designed in Aurebesh according to their proximity to the Warlock Gate. Cresh was within close proximity, a suitable place for the Empire's guests to make landfall.
When they did, they would find the Emperor of the Sith awaiting them. At his sides were two of the Crownguard, his royal protectors, their weapons held at attention but not aggressively. He called out to them when they were within earshot, "Welcome to Dathomir, honored Witches." He inclined his head forward in greeting, a smile gracing his lips. "I hope your journey was not too perilous."

Last edited:
Dathomiri knew best to keep to their own plots of land. There is a common respect rendered each coven. Turn down the wrong path you know nothing about, and you become the hunted. It is all in a day in the life. Since infancy such things which visitors do not bother to learn nor care to understand, are the very lessons drilled into Dathomiri children. Many a visitor has gotten lost, here.

Do we help them? Why should we? They are so inept.

To off-worlders this whole land seems to portray civilization in its infancy. But they do not understand the coexistence all beings have with this world and beyond. Even the Netherworld is no frightening existence to many of the inhabitants who dwell here for sure, even before the monument, while many Jedi don't even firmly believe in god! How could they while cramming their factions into the Core as they do, living safe within Ashla's domain? The Nightsisters not only believe in gods, they have witnessed them in many aspects of their waking and sleeping life, and long ago figured out a way to use them. Gods seem to be such vain beings, and their ego or want to be adored will lead them to appease even the smallest worldly desire. These gods bound to Dathomir, Pom has found may simply go by different names across the galaxy. They could very well be one and the same with this Force, which is everywhere. The Force, Magick, its all one and the same to those who never came across the Nightsisters. There is a morbid amusement in watching them change their mind about it really quick. And yet, here is a Nightsister who for the past few years studied the Force.

She wouldn't trade this planet for any other place in the galaxy, and she tried to live among other cultures. Where were their real pets? Little cubs and fuzzy creatures? Lizards? Sentient, Partial, or Non, no off-worlder's pet could match the ferociousness of the beasts that dwell upon Dathomir. What did their cuddly things ever teach any child? Always she only saw the magickal properties when she looked at them. What ever comes from coddling anything? She could not begin to understand this.

A strange invitation had come. It's delivery was most genuine. It came not by interstellar messaging; which is good for that reception is not her way, but of those from living afar whose she had adopted when necessary. This message arrived in a familiar manner she could respect, that her demons relayed it into her head one night. Her presence is requested for the very first time to meet this particular individual. She has no idea why he would request to meet with her.

This Nightsister knew a few Sith men in her history to know many to be a cantankerous bunch. Those who she had known intimately were conduits to other existences, just as herself. Yet there are many differences between both their ways of life. Nightsisters put blood before allegiances, and as far as she understood, Sith prefer to work out their allegiances.

Of course she happened to be off-world. He would have to send a ship for her! She ever hated space travel! There is no comfort in knowing how little control she has locked away inside a tin room! Pom would rather Teleport there, but she decided she would try to consider the gesture with the possible honor it was rendered. But she Astral Projected her spirit for the entire space flight! At least it was rather quick compared to some vessels.

Peril was within her mind the entire trip! she thought.

She responded to his greeting with a lite courtesy. " Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , I am honored. I am Mistress Pom Stych Tivé of the Epimoní tribe."

Last edited:

ngPbPHY.jpg

D A T H O M I R

bvU6aHX.png

His smile never wavering, the Emperor replied with smooth courtesy; "A thousand greetings to you, Mistress Pom Stych Tivé of the Epimoní tribe. I am Darth Carnifex, Emperor and Dark Lord of the Sith Empire." He towered over the witch by a good three feet, his shadow practically engulfing her as he loomed. He indicated towards the nearby archway with a fluid gesture, inviting her to follow him as he slowly turned and began to walk. Every step of his was taken with great consideration, his posture strong and rigid, oozing with authority and pride. "I am pleased that you could meet with me, Mistress Tivé. The ongoing diaspora of Nightsisters in the galaxy is a tragedy, and I would see as many of them come back home as I could."
They passed through the archway and into the outlying corridor, which was arranged in the shape of a trapezoid with sharp angling walls lined with luminescence banks that illuminated every square inch of the hall. There was little ornamentation to the Sith facility, all in favor of austere sterility which embodied the crushing efficiency and order which the Sith Empire so desperately craved. "We Sith may have come to some disagreements with the Nightsisters in the past, but we are siblings in the Dark Side of the Force." Continued the Dark Lord as they walked, passing by a wide bank of windows which overlooked the mist-covered floor of the canyon hundreds of meters down. "We are natural allies, you could say."
He turned the corner and entered a large conference room, again flanked by transparent panels that afforded quite a breathtaking view of Dathomir's landscape. Refreshments were laid out for the witch and her entourage, if she had brought one of course, but there were quite basic in their presentation. A pitcher of water and a drought of dark wine on a silver platter, an assortment of cups arranged neatly next to them. "Which is why I am making efforts to rectify this, dear Mistress. I would see your people return to their ancestral homeland, and I would make assurances to ensure that they feel welcomed."

Last edited:
"Long have our people been allied against the same war machines, Emperor," she said. She heard the stories of her people fighting victoriously along side the Sith in the past. Many were still found acceptable for mating today; that was a long running joint interest between both parties involved. Truthfully Pom hadn't known a Dathomir prior to the Mandalorian occupation. The old treaty her people held with the Sith had been established long before her time. The Sith ousted the Mandalorians, which she had absolutely no qualms against. The people can fight like animals, but she felt them to be asleep. In the end the Nightsister wondered why anyone not born under the mark of her gods could in their right mind actually decide to want to occupy Dathomir. The majority of coven elders seemed to not care much for what transpired outside of their own personal boundaries either. There is very good reason for that too, thus far. For one, The Fanged God saw no threat in it; his worship continued uninterrupted.

She followed Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex at his side, while her band remained behind, coming to stand along the walls throughout the corridor. She hadn't known exactly what transpired to condemn their alliance for the current state of strict governance. Perhaps something between the Elders and the Sith incited the Sith leaders to react harshly? But Pom also knew firsthand there exists a few things indeed which are powerful enough to subdue a witch, but things go on amidst these backwoods on Dathomir that only those who perform the acts are aware. Magick ages old protect these lands specifically from curious intruders. Many today come and go from the planet surface without incident. The Sisterhood is by far more valued than its ruling government regiment. Any witch who did not understand this, are separatists, born of the wrong kind of blood to begin with. In the Nightsister bond lies their greatest strength, which few off-world Houses hold ties similar in comparison.

She took liberties of freedom, but had no legal rite to the land of her birth? She hadn't considered the idea fully before. Her home still stands, but her people live among shadows, careful not to stir up trouble for their home. She didn't like the blood lust she heard about, witches performing purges under the banner of the Sith. Her people at least in her eyes aren't monsters. They never intentionally did anything against the Sith to warrant the stigma of being outcast or termed the enemy. It was not until very recently she even possessed the innate ability to feel a basic humane compassion for what happens beyond the establishment of her own coven. One thing had her curious, what action flagged her specifically to warrant the Sith Emperor's attention here today?

She sat when prompted. Nobody drinks what a Nightsister lays out before them, and she would be cordial without actually making that same mistake. She came for answers to her curiosity. She has a deep desire for peace among the covens, and the barracks. There was tension between the groups. With the recent uprising it is no doubt he thought ahead of trouble.

"My sisters as much as myself have sought further knowledge across the stars. Nobody could site them for their curiosity." She knew what he insinuated regardless. The Sith possess technology which were long rejected by her ancestors. Some took to such things, while others like herself, never found much need for them. There is power inherent in providing for one's self. She is not one to let the old ways die off, for cultural intermingling. On a ship using tech is one thing, but the necessity would not stretch back to life on Dathomir. Pom learned about everything she could while amongst the stars, and she herself, held private conferences with her sisters whenever she learned about the Force, Dark and Light. One thing she believes in, is in order to combat one's enemy, one must first understand it, especially what drives another, and how to read and dissect power's progression. But out of it all, she never developed a blood lust for any one aligned people over the other. If a person sucks they are 100% responsible for themselves. If that so happens to be the norm among the people, then that too is a truth that must be dealt with. But she has met so many cultures that label themselves under the same umbrella, and yet their practices, or their general disposition is far different than the people of neighboring systems, termed under that same umbrella. She could not understand being at war with all light, personally. There seems to always be something else which sways her ire. As for the Sith in this region, she decided they just feel some inherent tug to conquer all Light. And yet, Sith in other areas seem to be more tolerable. They so have her flabbergasted!

"I am grateful that you recognize our personal plight."

ngPbPHY.jpg

D A T H O M I R
bvU6aHX.png
Though she did not partake in the refreshments, the Emperor had no such reservations. Using the Force to pour himself a goblet of wine, the Emperor listened to the Witch's response to his initial statements. Curiosity was something he could understand, the search for knowledge was as ceaseless as it was voracious. There was always something to be learned, always some new understanding to be discovered. Anyone saying otherwise was either a fool or trying to sell you something, and the Emperor didn't have the patience for either.
"Indeed. But I would see them feel welcome on this world, I know for too long there has been some trepidation when the Mandalorians once occupied this world. But I have rectified that injustice and the Mandalorians have been beaten and cowed, they are no longer at liberty to enforce their ignorant beliefs on the Nightsisters of Dathomir." The Sith had delivered a lethal blow to the Mandalorian Clans when they invaded Mandalore in a surprise attack, shattering their unity and driving them across the stars. For their collaboration in the Sacking of Dromund Kaas, many of the native Mandalorian people were extinguished by Sith hands. Now there is free and open land for the loyal citizens of the Empire to expand and build a living upon, without fear of those barbarians destroying what they have spent much to build.
"I would encourage the Witches of Dathomir to return to their homeworld, to grow and improve upon the settlements that remain. I would ensure that they live as they wish, with the provision that they do not endanger the sanctity of the Imperial garrison left behind to ensure Dathomir's protection." He took a sip of his drink, letting the cold liquid run over his tongue and down his throat, and then he would continue. "I would like to hear your input on such an edict, Mistress Tivé. Being a Witch yourself, you have a unique insight on those who have not returned to Dathomir."

Last edited:
Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex explained the history of the Sith's relationship with the Mandalorians. Certainly not an event her people spoke about. Nightsisters have ever been prejudiced against outsiders. The elders protect their culture by dissuading off-world exploration, murdering outsiders, instilling values of sisterhood, encouraging principled breeding, and expanding on the Craft. How the tech wielding beings became established on Dathomir in the first place is likely due to the Nightsisters' belief that such an insane act of trespass would never intentionally occur, due to their notorious unscrupulousness, and the mere ignorance of the covens concerning the Mandalorians' technological capabilities. "Surely when my people consider the alternative, they find themselves thankful for the Mandalorian extraction," she said.

"Heathens, the Mandalorians. Manda? Is that the name of their god among the stars? Is that the god specifically of their personal Empyrean? There is only one thing in the unseen here, and its the Nether." She felt the lot of such people very closed minded. Few were capable to wield true power without hiding behind their tech, but they refused to do so. They chastise those who had evolved. Why would anyone enforce others refuse to live as they have been created? Fools! The magick of life existed long before tech! Tech will eventually degrade, but so long as the witch has her mind…

The Emperor spoke of inviting the Nightsisters to walk on the Holy soil of Dathomir without further Sith impediment. Since word of the purges spread across the land, many remained to live and practice in the shadows. Those who left to explore the rest of the galaxy, most likely against their Mother's and Nightmother's blessings, were still at large. Some return every now and again under the veil of the night, feeling like the hunted. Not every witch knew how to disappear into the Nether Realm to transport from one place to the next. She had her sister Vytal to thank for that amazing skill. A coy subtle knowing smirk spread across her lips and she wished she had poured a drink to hide her expression behind. Something that is misunderstood cannot be contained.

She could hardly believe the magnitude of what he presented. His offer to lift restrictions, and correct the stigma that she and some of her people faced, moved her. Freedom. Dathomir is unlike any other planet, not just Home, it's sacred. "My god lives here," she hissed momentarily transitioned, her being, one with the planet, ignited with a surge or Ichor, as the Fanged God's presence stirred and danced around the exterior of the building. The green fiery luminescence igniting forth from the ground below and bursting upward to be seen through the room's many observatory windows. The Mistress' eyes radiated with a burst of Ichor during the moment, before she settled once again, drawing the essence inward.

He asked her insight into his pending decree. "It is the men you leave behind I would worry about, Emperor. Even seasoned warriors are far too squeamish to make the mistake of stumbling upon the presence of the Nightsisters more than once!" She was speaking of the promiscuity of Nightsisters, and their many experiments. "I do not know if I can change our culture overnight." She pressed her fingers to her lips in further contemplation. "In all honestly, I could not even try. We only hope most covens truly adhere to the bidding of their Nightmothers." How could she be certain, since so much goes on today among the youth, that is not in line with their Nightmother's guidance. A compromise occurred to her. "I do not mean to offend you. Your offer is munificent," she began. "Perhaps if the women were provided…substitutions, at least…other men for experiments. It would…help." A shipload of prisoners would perhaps satiate their blood lusts and testing volatility of new potions, incantations. She couldn't say there would not be private interludes.

"With the right mindset, it could work." Knowing such an opportunity won't be offered twice, she wanted to be honest with him from the start, and she does believe it can work.

ngPbPHY.jpg

D A T H O M I R

bvU6aHX.png
The Emperor was not fully phased by the mystic energy that swirled and danced around the compound, he had seen it before with the other Nightsisters. Regardless, it was wonderous to see such energies at play, to feel their power in the air around him like latent electricity. And he could understand her yearning to be fully reunited with this world, it held an immense significance with her and her people. It was their homeworld, the birthplace of everything they knew, practiced, and taught. In a way, it was similar to Korriban for the Sith Order, the birthplace of their traditions, and the burial land for their most revered forebears. It was typically forbidden for anyone other than the Sith to step foot on the planet, so precious it was considered. Those who were not Sith who did have permission to tread upon its hallowed sands were chosen with the greatest of care.
He then laughed as the Mistress informed him of the possible dangers involved with maintaining a garrison on Dathomir, and of the promiscuity of the Nightsisters towards those of the male persuasion. "Of course, my dear, of course. Your people will not want for playthings, the Empire has a mass surplus of slaves that can be at your disposal, should you wish. If you have a preference, we would be more than willing to set aside those who meet your qualifications for the Nightsister's own use. We have such contract dealings with the Makesh Cartel, and in return, the Cartel offers us exclusive benefits." His smile turned feral now, teeth shining with the illumination of the room's lights. "I assume that the Nightsisters would be more than willing to extend benefits to the Sith as well, the details of which can be discussed at a later date."
The Emperor then pressed a small button on the console built into the table at his side, a holographic map illuminated from a projector at its center. It showcased a full three-dimensional rendering of their immediate surroundings, the canyon, the Imperial bases, and the Warlock Gate itself. "The Nightsisters may have full control of Dathomir, with the exception of this valley and the surrounding facilities. All Imperial activity will be confined to this location as well, we will curtail attempts to venture beyond the perimeter to the greatest effect." Such an area was highlighted in green amidst a sea of red, the territory dedicated to the Nightsister's authority.
"What do you think?"

Pom smiled at Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex 's mention of lending slaves to the Nightsisters for their necessary experiments. There is only so much they can gather from a non-sentient being. And they certainly would not harm their rancors. A possibly humorous expression came over Pom as she pondered how that would go. She raised a finger in contemplation. "Let's officially call them prisoners, if I may," she requested. "So many have these social shaming hang-ups over the mere mention of the term slave, and soon a handful of factions arrive unannounced, blasting their way onto the planet, like its there civic duty to make us the new public enemy number one…a little blight we can both avoid by a simple and thoughtful justification."

Helpful; yes?

Her eyes lit with wild curiosity at his request for mutual benefit, locked briefly onto his and fell wide. 'What in the world is he hinting at?' He left the details to future discussion. She let her gaze drop to the side and smirked slightly as she fancied how she might truly love to crack open one of his most prevalent demons for insight into his being!

An automatic Humph, escaped her lips. She very well could do that too! How exciting! She drew her gaze back to him and smiled to herself.

But men don't usually smile at Pom that way he just had, in fact that is the smile she renders her toys before something Fateful happens, by her own hands of course; this Mistress is never the cause of accidents. Wouldn't some poisoned wine be good about now? Pom has ingested plenty array of the widely known poisons of a vast galactic scale to become immune to their effects. But she would not be assured to know all of them.

She held her gaze on him, trying to figure him out, before raising a brow and squinting a tad. She gripped the flask and poured herself a small portion.

He showed her his map, while she tested the aroma of the wine. She looked at what he described and stated his terms. She signed. She would absolutely love the easy road, to walk out of there with this treaty in the bag. But the Nightsister understands her world, its magick, including on the most part, the Nether Realm. The Nether right here is her god's domain, and men are fecking around with shite that can truly piss off the Fanged God. Pom threw back her drink portion swiftly and hated herself for what she must do next. Her obligation to her god first and foremost demanded she not even try to stop herself from asking the Sith Emperor straight up, "Please. What are you planning with this thing?" She pointed to the Warlock's Gate. "Do I have to worry that some night at the witching hour your men will have summoned some titan to crawl out of the Nether which will have a go at my god? Because my god is going to literally kick my arse for saying 'Sure! Damnit! Let's do this thing?' He is a totally talented bastard." Were his men to open up a door they do not understand, she knew Hell to be a very creative place, where one must be able to literally fight themselves to conquer it. Pom twirled the goblet upon the table and fretted. Her kind isn't too keen on sincere introspection. She would not deny with all her Legion, she doesn't even remember what silence is. On a full moon she can't even tell which thoughts are her own and which are introduced into her mind by her demons.

She so wants this to work out. She knows she has to convince her people its wise. She wants so much to convince herself. "You do realize that whatever is on the other side of that ethereal door, it is going to demand sacrifice."

ngPbPHY.jpg

D A T H O M I R

bvU6aHX.png

"Prisoner works."
Oh yes, he knew all about those the Witch Mistress spoke of. He had dealt with their kind before; the self-righteous and the honorable. They made him nauseous at times, their foolish convictions abhorrent and despicable. How they struggled against the rising tide of darkness that washed over the galaxy, only to disappear beneath its waves.
One day, he would rid the galaxy of such vermin.
But for now, he had to endure their wailing protestations wherever they deigned to rear their ugly heads.
"Ah yes, the Warlock Gate. I had wondered when you would inquire about that." The Emperor enhanced the map to include only the Warlock Gate and the surrounding earth around it, which even though a three-dimensional scan seemed to writhe with power. "It was constructed by the Mandalorian Witch Ember Rekali in the aftermath of the Akala Crisis, to serve as an anchor between the Netherworld of the Force and the reality we both inhabit. The rift itself was a byproduct of the Crisis, Rekali merely found a way to stabilize it, one of many across the galaxy on worlds such as Ruusan, Csilla, and Corellia." He deigned to omit the inclusion of the rift on Thule, which the Empire also controlled and was performing experiments on.
"We are monitoring the Warlock Gate for any anomalies, we've already traveled between both sides multiple times. We know where the rift leads and where it aligns with other rifts in the Netherworld. I intend to learn all I can about these rifts and how they can be best utilized." For the Empire, he thought but did not say. Imagine if one could use such power to transport an army halfway across the galaxy in a matter of hours, rather than a matter of days. Striking from the Netherworld without their foes even realizing they were there, it would be more advantageous.
"And we have learned from past mistakes, we do not anticipate that any Nether Predators will be coming through the Gateway. We have taken... precautions."

Curiosity never kills the rancor. Pom listened attentively when the Sith Emperor relayed his account of the past event which stole his fascination.

"Mandalorian Witch? In itself this sounds like a total oxymoron!" she declared, aware of their own prejudices against Force Sensitives. Certainly the majority of them detested the mere idea of a Mandalorian Witch! Pom could not contain her surprise! "The absurdity of it!"

The Mistress listened to the detailed explanation of Warlock's Gate which Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex 's subjects study. Doors within the Nether are not to be experimented with, but wisely avoided. Her trajectory into the Nether is quickly plotted out during inception, utilizing Force Sight as her guide, for her sister has always warned her about the possibility of getting lost and redirected. Time also seems speculative. Traversing the Nether for the Nightsisters requires intensive focus of mind over matter.

Question which she should perhaps pose to Vytal, is whether or not they both then already use these same Gates by their own method? Rationality may likely confirm her suspicion, unless other gates yet unknown happen to exist. The Nightsister remained silent and simply nodded at the information offered her. She had an inkling of what the Empire could accomplish with their study, and knew of their ambition to expand.

'Isn't this interesting!' Deep inside however, she wondered if the Emperor could possibly be aware that such abilities surrounding this gate which caught his interest, have already been accomplished? The skill would have value, and her people leverage; oh but what would the Nightsister's actually need, if such information ever were eventually revealed?

She didn't trust her life in anyone else's hands and vowed to remain vigilant of the gate regardless.

"I recognize the opportunity you offer for our children to have the stigma imposed upon us removed," she began, "and to come and learn magick here where their connection is natural and most necessary. They won’t be stuck developing through inferior sources." The Fanged God was exhausting to channel off of Dathomir soil. It wasn't impossible, but doing so nearly stole Pom's life-force in the end, not to mention how addicting it was to have reached him from across the galaxy, a feat nobody prior had ever been hailed to accomplish. A feat Pom had labored over to accomplish, but only few were aware she had.

She studied the holomap laid out before them, and of course she replied to his initial statement, "My sisters will be most pleased. I will see to it that the Nightsisters be made aware of your preference for exclusivity in this extraordinary exploration you have planned," she concluded.

ngPbPHY.jpg

D A T H O M I R

bvU6aHX.png

"I am pleased to hear that they will be pleased, Mistress."
The Emperor pressed a button on the console again, and the map disappeared as the holoprojector powered down. A small chip popped out from the console, which the Emperor took and then presented before the Witch. "This data-chip has all of the necessary information about this agreement, I hold it to you to disseminate this among those who you believe will return and even those who you do not. All must be made aware of the offer the Empire extends, even if they do not wish to take it."
He held off handing it off to her for a moment, revealing a small holopad which he then gently pushed towards Pom from across the table. "But first, to secure this agreement we will need your compliance in written form. It will ensure that we are held accountable to our agreement, and to ensure that everything is lawfully legitimate." The Emperor's signature was already there, probably done before the meeting even began as the Emperor anticipated that the agreement would be quite enticing to the Witch Mistress.
"With a stroke of a pen, you'll be made the ruler of Dathomir, and the Witches will no longer be persecuted so long as the Empire protects Dathomir from those who would exploit it."

So much in the way of cultural differences presented all at once. Pom is not one of the admirers of technology. It always seems to lack ingenuity, to lack authenticity. In fact she would rather be in possession of things lesser known to, or owned by, the general populace. Along with rare hand written journals of magick long left unpracticed, such includes contracts, down to the purchasing of souls, scripted upon parchment. Today history is typed up on a datapad.

It is her custom to meet his offer with an endurance of a rare magick. The personal signature of this Nightsister is customarily to mark a parchment in a drop of her blood. How much effort it would take to replicate the DNA to forge another! Yet on a datapad, any matter could be reproduced. She had anticipated an event which left a lasting impression, and is surprised at the omission of spells, bleeding, or sacrifice. Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex had spoken a request would come in the future. The lack of ceremony almost disappointed her anticipation.

The climactic moment is in the realization, 'He's giving me Dathomir?!'

The Emperor of the Sith is passing down something that he protected, current price unstated, for exclusivity of exploring the Warlock's Gate. Should not bells of alarm be ringing inside my head? In the back of her mind she wondered what is the cost beyond what is stated?

How well does he know not only people, but her specifically! Who would turn down power, but mostly freedom? The most notorious Emperor in the galaxy offers peace, and inclusiveness to her wayward native people. The offer presented could very well be even more difficult to turn down than the solicitations from a powerful man! For a Nightsister that is saying quite alot.

He did not ask for her Talisman, nor for relics to channel legions of demons, or for offspring in return. He asks for a simple scribble on the glass surface of a little boxed light-show? That is what blows her mind most of all this.

Funny for her, she has never granted her symbol not in blood before, so she drew up her current evolution of life in its runic symbols, just as she would have were the contract drawn on parchment in her own blood before pushing the datapad back across the tabletop towards the Emperor.

"I have to admit, not much leaves me speechless…" she so wanted to say more, but honestly no wording seemed quite right to express herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom