Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bringing Healing to Togoria

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela slumped down with a groan next to the pile of rubble she'd sifted through. She tossed some construction materials around, listening to the clunk they made on the ground. It was odd, really, the contrast between the planet and the scars it bore. Not entirely unlike creatures and beings, actually. She scowled at the pile in front of her, but heaved herself up again, ignoring the aches and twinges in her muscles. There was still work to do. She glanced around. Nobody was around though. She took a long breath and let the cloak about her Force signature disappear, and relaxed as the feel of being penned in faded.
Now she could make progress. Another calming breath, and she stretched out her hand, feeling the Force ripple and eddy about her, both Light, Dark, and a familiar, faint presence. Her eyes snapped open. What would he have been doing here? No matter. She shook her head, and let it flow from her mind, studying the pile of the rubble. Many of the chunks could definitely be salvaged to rebuild once she pulled them away. It should take another hour or two, hopefully, unless others showed up and she needed to stop using the Force. But until then...
One of the chunks wobbled upwards from the ground, and paused to hang there before drifting off to the pile of usable rubble. She gave a small smile. One down. Only about a hundred or so more to go. But such was life.
She paused, tilting her head. What were those faint presences? Were other beings approaching?

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

As far as others being present, that much was a factor. He would have simply kept going, if not for the one being dropping her cloaking from the Force. The point where she had re-established her link had brought a tingling sensation down his spine, and almost to the point of shooting through him, as he wasn't prepared for the sensation. His own mind went stretching through the Force in an attempt to try and pin point the origin of the sensation. To aid him in this endeavor, he'd be using the multi optic function of his cybernetic eye. The replacement optical unit was blinking a bit as he was scanning for heat signatures that may have depicted someone nearby. Once he began to get close enough to what he felt was the source, he'd shift the optical function back to its normal setting as he slowed his approach. That in itself was an attempt to appear as non threatening as possible while presenting himself to those present.

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela paused, and turned. There was definitely someone else around. She could feel the presence, relatively close now. Her hand drifted to her coat pocket where her lightsaber rested. Last remnants of Sith troops? Or just someone out for a night walk. Or both? No need to prepare for a fight yet, but better safe than sorry. She took a long, slow breath, letting the Force flow through her and eddy around. She called out.
"Who else is out and about tonight?"

@D' Orrin

Upon arriving on Togoria, Thurion was shocked to learn that much of it lay it ruins, destroyed by the Sith Empire some time ago. To witness such a scene remain untouched for so long with little to no effort shown to rebuild it, brought sadness to the Knight as he wandered through the fallen buildings and debris. He found no traces of life in the vicinity, but he kept going further into the desolate area, all of it shrouded in a painfully quiet aura. As he went further in, he discovered a glimmer of hope in the form of two lifeforms not far from his location. Immidiately he stepped towards the faint signatures in a brisk pace. If this was someone needing rescue from the debris or otherwise, time was of the essence.

A few minutes later, Thurion turned a corner to behold two people - a man and a woman. Neither looked worse for wear, so they were probably not witnesses to the destruction. He decided to remain at a distance for now, out of sight for the two silhouettes. They might be scavengers or worse, so he chose to remain alert for any danger for the time being.

@[member="D' Orrin"] @[member="Jeela Tillian"]

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela paused, and tilted her head. There was another here as well. Powerful, probably. She slowly turned, examining the shadows for these two others nearby. What brought all three of them here tonight? Something important, more than likely. She took a long breath. Why couldn't they both come out into the open instead of skulking about. She took out a light and flicked it on, scanning back and forth. "I know you're out there! Stop hiding in the shadows! There's enough darkness here already."

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] @D' Orrin

"Do...you need some help?" a male human voice called out as he watched the seemingly frantic woman (@Jeela Tillian) scan about the area. A man standing around six feet tall with what appeared to an average build under a white t-shirt, dark brown flight jacket with cargo pockets and a pair of charcoal gray pants. The Corellian man raised an eyebrow as his face was partially hidden under the cascading street light shinning down from above. What could be made out by the man's facial features was his shoulder length dark hair and a short beard.

"Do you need some help?" he asked a little louder this time while taking a step forwards as his left hand raised up into a flat palm in an attempt to show Jeela that meant no harm.

And thus he'd step forward into view. His helmet was off for once, as he'd have it back in his gunship. The dim glow of his cybernetic right eye would increase in brightness before he'd fold his arms up in front of his chest. He was wearing full body armor otherwise, but he'd have the lower section covered by a pair of custom made boots and black slacks. Showing that the upper body was clad in armor. And the twin swords he had positioned over his right shoulder. His attention went towards those that had presented himself before going towards the woman.
"Sometimes, I want to see what someone's going to do when they know I'm present, but they can't see me."

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela gave a curt nod at @D' Orrin's response, "That's all well and good but you're going to end up trusting too much in that armor of yours and get yourself killed when you meet people not as nice as I am." She tapped her foot for a moment, before giving a much politer nod to @[member="John Stryker"]. "I would actually." She jabbed a finger in the direction of the rubble pile. "We need to sort through this pile of rubble and put reusable pieces in one pile and ones that can't in another. Then start standardizing sizes and shapes so they can be more easily reused to rebuild." She turned back to pile, and scrutinized it, shoving aside some smaller pieces of rubble. "We need ones that are larger than a cubic meter and not structurally compromised."

Stryker took a few steps closer towards @[member="Jeela Tillian "]as his right hand rested against his right side just under his belt onto a slightly concealed object. The Corellian's attention turned from her and over towards @D' Orrin as he took a moment to ponder why he was here. "I suppose I can, though, why are you doing this?" he asked the woman again then nods towards the rubble then glanced over towards one side. John was by no means force sensitive, at least as far as he knew but something told him that there was another person (@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]) nearby watching which made the mercenary uneasy.

"Did either of you travel here with someone else?" John asked then glanced down towards Jeela's scanner.

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela nodded, testing the balance of a larger piece of rubble, frowning slightly at its instability. She stepped back to examine it from a larger pile. "I'm doing this because I can, and nobody else is doing it when somebody needs to do it. I had some traders drop me here several weeks back. Been working on this ever since." She stepped forward and yanked on the puzzling piece, darting back as it began to tumble down to the ground. "They left right after."

@[member="John Stryker"]

Although he knew they were all aware of him being at the scene, Thurion kept his distance without saying a word - something highly unusual for him to do. Usually he'd approach anyone openly without second guesses, but with all the sudden presences gathering in the area, he had no real idea of how to proceed. As he noticed the people starting to talk to eachother, Thurion chose to show himself. He stepped out of the shadows and walked towards them at a sauntering pace with hands clasped together behind his back. His intention was to seem relaxed and not to invoke any sense of threat. His golden hair was swept back along with a beard to frame his kind face. Robes of earthly colours covered his attire and his were of sapphire blue. Once close enough for conversation, he spoke. "Forgive me, I was not aware there were others here. I didn't mean to lurk in the shadows the way it must've looked like I did." It was a harmless lie, and there was no way for those gathered to know that it was. His words were then followed by a gracious bow.

"Need any help with that, my lady?" he asked @[member="Jeela Tillian "]before with a subtle gesture of his hand pieces of rubble began to rumble and come loose followed by them tossing themselves aside.

@[member="John Stryker"] @[member="D' Orrin"]

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela turned back again as the third and final person revealed himself, and gave a slight bow in return. "There is nothing to forgive then. I misinterpreted your actions. The fault is mine." She relaxed slightly though, now that everyone had revealed themselves. This place was creepy enough when alone. Having people hide in shadows made it much worse. Not that she was concerned, overmuch, anyways. Just slightly on edge. This newcomer's was different though. He felt safe. If the other two weren't, things would at least be even then. She took several steps back as he shifted the entire pile aside. She gave a small chuckle.
"Thank you for that. It makes this much, easier." With that, she closer her eyes and stretched out with the Force, lifting one of the larger pieces and moving it to the pile before dropping it with a clatter. "I wish I could move the pile the way you did. I did not advance far enough in my training to do that though."

"Yet, here you are - alone to shoulder the responsibilities we all should have felt long before now. There is great strength in that alone", he stated as he watched the woman resume her work. Thurion saw the sweat upon her forehead; the determination and demeanor full of purpose she wore was inspiring. Removing his robes and letting them drop into a pile upon the ground, he moved to join her in clearing the rubble by hand. Thurion paid little attention to what the other two were doing during that time, but he wasn't worried as he figured that if the two were hostile they would've made a move before now. Pausing in his work he turned to the young woman beside him. "The name's Thurion, by the way. Thurion Heavenshield", he said with an inclination of his head in her direction. "Tell me, what brings a lone padawan out here to this site of war and destruction?" he asked while removing his shirt and tossing it in the pile his robes had already started, exposing his muscular upper-body.

@[member="Jeela Tillian"]

Stryker silently watched the two talk while he walks over and kneels down at a far end of the pile and starts to sort out a few pieces. His good eye narrows slightly as he takes up a few pieces to compare their sizes then sits them into a separate pile once they matched. As he does so, Stryker continued to keep tabs on the other two men though he was more concerned about @D' Orrin.

"Is this the only pile you have done or are there others?" John added to the questions that where being asked for @[member="Jeela Tillian "]to answer.

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela shrugged, and shoved a few more small pieces away before responding to @[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. "There could be, perhaps, but mostly it's just wanting to make the galaxy a better place and being stubborn enough to work at it until it does get better. And my name's Jeela." She paused to wipe sweat from her forehead and twist to loosen the knots in her back. She nodded at @[member="John Stryker"]'s question. "I have two or three already finished and some of the locals are beginning repairs. What brings you three here?" That's what she was wondering, since it wasn't exactly like Togoria was a major tourist destination right now. Or trading destination. Or much of anything, really.

John brought his hands back up and rested on his knees as she sat hunched down in front of his side of the pile. The man's dark eyes..or..rather eye as the case was, moved up and looked towards the young woman for a few moments before simply saying in a quiet yet clear voice, "Just business". Afterwords, he returns to the pile sorting a few more grouped of matching sizes then stands while now watching @[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. "How about yourself?" he asked while casually sliding his hands into his outer jacket pockets before producing a small silver lighter.

Ripping away a large block of rubble with his bare hands, Thurion raised it above his head and with a grunt he tossed it aside. He wiped the sweat from his forehead as he answered the question. "I had heard about the destruction the Sith Empire had inflicted upon this place some time ago, but only now have I been able to come here and see it for myself", he said with a slight panting between words. He paused as he drank from his water container attached to his belt. "Why did you come here alone, Jeela? Why isn't your master here with you, so far away from the Deep Core systems?" In truth, he was sure of what her answer would be, yet he felt the need to ask for himself just to make sure.

@[member="Jeela Tillian"]

Jeela Tillian

J
Jeela nodded, "Fair enough." She'd traveled enough not to ask questions when people weren't too keen to give out many answers. She paused to give a brief chuckle before heaving away another piece of rubble. "Never been to the Deep Core systems. And...we had a slight falling out. My teachers did not care to leave the system since it's the only one we're responsible for. The problems in the galaxy aren't there though. They're here." She gestured around, "So I left about a year ago and did work on some different planets ending up here."

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] @[member="John Stryker"]

"Very admirable and inspiring, my dear. But you cannot hope to save an entire planet on your own; being a part of a team is what the Jedi are all about - otherwise the fall to the dark side is all the more alluring should you spend your time away from those like-minded." He spoke the words he'd speak had he been a Jedi, which he wasn't. He still retained the core ideals of the Jedi Order, nontheless, and so he did not hesitate to speak them. After he spoke he tore away a large chunk of scrap metal and tossed it to the side. "Wouldn't you agree, friend?" he asked the one-eyed man standing to the side smoking.

@[member="Jeela Tillian "]@[member="John Stryker"]

Jeela Tillian

J

Jeela chuckled softly and dug her fingers into another block. "Not a Jedi and never been one." She twisted around with a grunt and the block slid off with an awful scraping sound. It thudded to the ground. She stepped back, and nodded approvingly. "That's probably enough for today. I'll start again tomorrow." She paused, considering her next words before shrugging again. "I can't save a planet by myself, but I can help these beings here, and maybe inspire others in other areas. Start a movement."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom