Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Breshig War Forge Consolidated SDM-01SC Seismic Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg

Nautilus_-_Homing_Mine_-_TransparentCropped.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an automatic, self-dispersing mine for Breshig War Forge Consolidated, Strill Securities and select others.
  • Image Source: Here.
  • Canon Link: Mine.
  • Permissions: N/A.
  • Primary Source: Seismic Mine.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Seismic Mine.
  • Size: Large.
  • Weight: Heavy.
  • Explosive Type: Seismic Charge.
  • Delivery Method: Placed.
  • Effective Range: Personal.
  • Area Of Effect: Large.
  • Damage Output: Extreme.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Communications Equipment/Protocols:
  • Sensors and Scanners:
  • Propulsion:
  • Computer Systems:
  • Early Warning: Each mine will alert patrolling vessels if they pick up hostile or neutral contacts. Patrolling vessels are inducted into the comm subnet only with the right encryption key and correct pass phrase. This can be determined one deployment and updated by any vessel already part of the subnet.
  • One-step Deactivation: Ships that are part of the mine subnet can deactivate the entire network, a single mine or a group of mines with a specific deactivation key set on activation.
  • Deployment Map: The mines can create a map of their deployment, allowing vessels part of the mine comms subnet to know the precise location of the mines as well as to know of the potential location of those attempting to approach the minefield.
  • Dumb Fire: The mines can be released out of the bay without any dispersal instructions, at which point they will remain where they are and will only detonate once a hostile target enters it's detonation radius.
STRENGTHS
  • Automatic Dispersal: The mines once deployed will automatically disperse themselves over a defined area, taking care to ensure that they are positioned such that no mine will cause another to sympathetically detonate with its own detonation.
  • Extremely Deadly: The implosion and following explosion created by the charge is capable of overloading some shields and dovin basals, and has great potential to cause extremely heavy damage to unshielded hulls and armor.
  • Low Profile: These mines have a very small sensor signature, making detecting them a somewhat difficult proposition, especially at longer ranges.
WEAKNESSES
  • Stealth: These mines lack the sensors and scanners to detect stealth craft, and as such stealth craft will be able to slip through a minefield made up of SDM-01SC seismic mines.
  • Not Stealth: These mines aren't stealth mines, though their are difficult to detect on sensors, powerful military grade sensors should be able to detect them at medium and closer ranges depending on environmental conditions.
  • Fool Me Once: The mines have great difficulty in distinguishing between fast ordnance and fast craft, and can be tricked into detonating if a missile is fired into a minefield.
  • Neutral Ships: Ships that don't have a friendly IFF signature will still set off the mines, making them poor for use in areas that are not specifically restricted.
DESCRIPTION
Designed to exploit a gap in the market rather than create something for their own use, the SDM-01SC Seismic Mine was designed with the express intent of taking all the complexities out of mine laying and the monitoring of minefields. To facilitate this, once deployed, the mines will automatically disperse themselves over a defined area, king care to ensure that they are positioned such that no mine will cause another to sympathetically detonate with its own detonation. The option exists however to deploy these mines without any dispersal instructions, at which juncture they will remain where they are and will only detonate once a hostile target enters it's detonation radius.
The mine's special features don't end there, however. The mines can act as an early-warning sensor net. Each mine will alert patrolling vessels if they pick up hostile or neutral contacts. Patrolling vessels are inducted into the comm subnet only with the right encryption key and correct pass phrase. This can be determined one deployment and updated by any vessel already part of the subnet. The mines can create a map of their deployment, allowing vessels part of the mine comms subnet to know the precise location of the mines as well as to know of the potential location of those attempting to approach the minefield. Ships that are part of the mine subnet can deactivate the entire network, a single mine or a group of mines with a specific deactivation key set on activation.
Owing to the fact that these mines are seismic mines, the implosion and following explosion created by the charge is capable of overloading some shields and dovin basals, and has great potential to cause extremely heavy damage to unshielded hulls and armor. This makes them effective against a wide variety of targets, individually, or as part of a larger minefield. The mine's effectiveness is greatly enhanced by its small sensor profile that makes detection a somewhat difficult proposition, especially at longer ranges. That said, these mines aren't stealth mines, though their are difficult to detect on sensors, powerful military grade sensors should be able to detect them at medium and closer ranges depending on environmental conditions.
There are, however, a few notable flaws. For one, these mines lack the sensors and scanners to detect stealth craft, and as such stealth craft will be able to slip through a minefield made up of SDM-01SC seismic mines. Additionally, the mines have great difficulty in distinguishing between fast ordnance and fast craft, and can be tricked into detonating if a missile is fired into a minefield. However, given that they do not sympathetically detonate each other because of their constant adjustments to spacing, this will neutralize far less mines than many traditional minefields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom