Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Breath In New Life

370d9lz.png

Whatever anger she had faded to embarrassed resentment at that last question. She looked away, closed her eyes. "We feed on Anima specifically. The more Force attuned the donor, the more.. Full we get. Your cults about helping people, right? Why not do blood drives or something?"

Yeah, she changed the subject, quick as she could.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
If he noticed her odd reaction then he didn't comment on it, instead he looked rather enthralled by what she was saying. "That's...fascinating." He'd never had the opportunity to drink from a Force sensitive person before, almost exclusively just common criminals. "What could cause that I wonder..." He muttered under his breath, glancing away and tapping his chin in thought. Something to look into later for sure.

"Hm? Well that would be a good idea but...given that we're a bunch of cultists in a ship still registered to the Sith Empire, most people aren't keen on giving us anything. Especially not anything that's invasive like giving blood." Not to mention that he wasn't sure how much his Sangnir could hold themselves back long enough to host a blood drive.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"Anima, Ali. It's the living part of the Force. Blood holds. We don't drink blood, we eat the Force. Or something. I don't pretend to know how it works, but I do know we feast on Anima specifically. Blood of a creature with no connction like Vong is useless to us." Then she just stared. Blankly.

"You realize you brought that onto yourself. Look at you. Your mask, armor. The cult vibes of this run down ship. You have mouths to feed Ali. Whether you knew it or not, the Sangnir you made are yours. Your children. Your blood kin. Clean up, find a new ship. Lie, cheat, steal, do what you have to to keep their thirst sated and the others alive."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Something to look deeper into at some point then. I suppose that might explain why the Dark Side hasn't quite taken the same toll on me as it has with others though, if I'm using this Anima from others to siphon off the worst parts unintentionally." That thought alone gave him a couple ideas for the future as well, and made him recall how ravenous he could get after too much meditating on the Dark Side.

Alisteri clicked his tongue and gave no response for a moment, his expression a mixture of slight offense and frustration. "Getting this ship at all nearly emptied our coffers. Keeping it afloat and everyone fed is just about the only thing we can afford and stealing a ship of similar size in our position is risky." He paused and held up a finger. "Having said that though, I have been assigning some trustworthy officers to begin trying to find a more permanent abode for us. Something cheap, isolated yet not completely uninhabited, that sort of thing."

Said search had turned up a couple potential locations but nothing perfect just yet.

370d9lz.png

"You can just-" Oh. Right. Alisteri didn't know really anything about what he was. Having to remember that seemed to be more difficult than Alina thought. They'd turned at the same time, so naturally she just assumed he was caught up with her. She shook her head, crossed her arms. "Have you ever looked at someone and they, for reasons you can't really figure out? It's called glamour, or something. The person I learned about all this from called it glamour. Mind control, over the weak of will. Something with our eyes allow it."

She leaned back, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked him over.

"And now you have my funding. My guard can assist you with keeping yours in check. They're Sangnir, they know the thirst. Use them as you will to stop looking the part of evil Sith so your people can feed."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
A raised eyebrow and a slightly confused look was her only response as she cut herself off. In truth, mostly due to his own naivety and dealing with the results of said naivety, Alisteri had neglected to search any more into the Sangnir or how they worked. Anything that he had learned was from personal experience or from the experiences of his cult's Sangnir. He had the very basics understood and that was enough, had been enough thus far anyway. But culling his ignorance was always a goal.

He nodded slightly as she spoke, idly trying to recall if he had ever made use of this apparent glamour. "Interesting...I do keep mine covered most of the time, so I just figured any odd reactions to seeing them was because of unfamiliarity."

When Alina offered up both funds and her guard however, his eyes widened. "Really?!" He paused and quickly recomposed himself, clearing his throat and trying not to appear as excited and thankful as he was. "I appreciate any help that you can offer Alina. It's almost starting to feel as if you're the one doing me a big favor instead of the other way around." Not that he was complaining of course.

"For the sake of saving me some trial and error later, is there anything else about our Sangnir anatomy that I need to know for alchemical purposes?"

370d9lz.png

"It's as much for myself as it is for you. Just because I might be able to cull the Force from the Sith Lords doesn't mean I can just walk up to them and bring them down. I need my own army. My own powerbase. I'm just using what you've already made for my own gains." There was no point in being coy about it. Alina wasn't going to settle. "I know not what your aspirations are, asides from making a place for your cult to thrive. But I will help you. We'll change the Sith, we'll make the Force ours. Together."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
A look of surprise crossed his face for a moment, whether it due to her honesty or at genuine shock at what she said was debatable, but he nodded nonetheless. He couldn't really fault her all that much, Alisteri was no stranger to taking advantage of situations for both his and his cult's own gain after all. It was simply how they survived in the hectic galaxy. "That we will." He smiled genuinely, although something about his eyes seemed slightly sinister. "I can't wait to see it Alina, no matter how long it takes."

His gaze shifted away from her and back to the case. "The first step is fixing your problem of course though! When would you like to donate some samples for the first trials?"

370d9lz.png

The sinister look in his eyes. She wasn't sure how to feel about it, in truth. He wasn't the same acolyte he'd been. Was he even an acolyte any longer? The way he carried himself had changed. They both had, finally. Alina returned the smile. For as long as they could be allies, they would be. Of that she had no doubt. Then, her gaze shifted towards the case as his own did.

"Best to work with fresh samples, when it comes to that. When you've got your lab set up, we'll get the samples you need."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Right you are. I'll see if I can't scrounge together a proper storage for them in the meantime while I'm researching these." Alisteri did have to work on setting up his alchemical workshop in general for the task, but that would take some time to gather everything necessary. It would be a fairly large retrofit, but one that he had been intending to do anyway. Now he simply had a good excuse to do it.

"If you don't mind me asking, what will you be up to in between your visits here? You've always been more ambitious and active than I."

370d9lz.png

"Searching, mostly. I left behind more than some holocrons. My apprentice is still out there, rotting away. It'd do him some good to come back. And I've heard rumors of artifacts for sale. Not too surprising. Dark or not people love buying relics. But one I caught wind of is rather.. Interesting. Apparently, according to the rumors, even someone without the ability to use the Force can, through it. If it turns out to be true, well."

She smiled. A dangerous smile.

"I think it'd be perfect for this cult of yours, yes?"

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
A confused expression crossed his face for a moment at that. "You took on an apprentice?" That was certainly news to him, but he didn't press the question as the artifact she mentioned made his eyes widen and changed his tone to one of amazement. "Seriously? Such an artifact can't be real..." Then again, he had also initially deemed the Sangnir to be a myth as well. "To allow someone not blessed with the Force to use it, even if it were a fraction of any power, I could hardly imagine it."

The idea was too good to be true, and yet far too tempting to allow it to slip away if it did exist at all. His eyes seemed alight with fervor and conviction as he nodded and returned the smile.

"Yes indeed. Perfect is almost not good enough a word to describe it."

370d9lz.png

"I had a couple, actually. I only know of ones survival though." Was it that surprising? Alina tilted her head to the side, watching him in turn. Maybe it was? She'd of been too young normally to have her own apprentice, but with the war it only made sense she tried to train at least one Acolyte how to survive when the Lords themselves wouldn't. Ah, bitter memories. She pushed those aside as he seemed to latch onto the prospect of the artifacts.

She could only grin.

"If they're real, I'll bring them to you. They should be useful in solving my current problem, I think. And if not, well. I'm sure you'll put them to good use."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri blinked in surprise but nodded after a moment. It did make sense, he had his cult so it was only logical that Alina would have gathered some sort of servants of her own over the years. "Hm. You had better reconnect with him then, any Sith brought back into the fold is a win for us." Especially if said Sith had yet to be brought to heel by either the Worm or Carnifex's accursed Mandates.

"Anything involving the Force is useful to some extent, especially where these artifacts are concerned." He could only imagine what he could do with such artifacts, and he sincerely hoped he could do more than just imagine soon. "Just don't go too power crazy with them if you manage to get your hands on one."

370d9lz.png

"No promises. If I can actually use the Force with them, well. It might get to my head." She shrugged passively. There was no reason to lie, especially about that. Though, her gaze drifted past Alisteri for a moment. Then she sighed and raised a hand. Right, maybe she still could.. Her nail casually cut open her palm, pooling the blood there. From it, a being of blood slowly started to form. Rising from the pool until it took a near humanoid shape.

Mistress.

The echoing voice resounded in her head. Alisteri's too, at that matter. It worked. She chuckled, wiping away the blood from the wound that had already healed. "This is an Oracle, Ali. Sangnir made.. Sithspawn, I suppose? They'll teach you everything I cannot about the Sangnir. Consider them a guide and helper, for what you might need."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Fair enough." The power was indeed intoxicating, especially at first when it was fresh and ready to be used. Especially for someone in her position who had seen the powers of the Force all her life yet lacked them. It was a cruel fate now that he thought about it, but one that could potentially be rectified if all went according to plan. For the most part anyway.

Alisteri raised an eyebrow as he saw her cutting into her palm, his gaze following the blood as it dropped down and began to pool. When the Oracle began rising up he was understandably surprised, taking a couple steps back and glancing between Alina and the creature. "Uh...what is that?" He assumed it was at least non-hostile, but that didn't make it any less disturbing appearance wise. He blinked as its voice rang in his head and glanced at her in confusion.

"I...see..." If it was useful then he supposed he could try and get used to it. As much as he could anyway. "Thank you, I'll uh be sure to make use of it. Do...does it always need blood to appear or...?"

370d9lz.png

"They were a Sangnir, at one point. Anima is all they need to form, though they won't stay formed for long. Consider them a living encyclopedia to help you with your kin while I'm away. And they know some things about Alchemy. Maybe they could help."

She shrugged, glancing over the nearly pure blood creature beside her.

"Now tell me. What you want. Specifically. Not waiting or surviving. Tell me what you would take for yourself if ypu had the power to do it."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"...Uh huh..." He nodded and blinked slowly as his gaze turned back to Alina as if he were afraid that the Oracle would lash out at him for any sudden movements. It would take some getting used to for sure. He did quickly decide that such a creature would be confined to his workshop where others wouldn't see it as well, just in case.

Her question stopped his musings however and he visibly paused. "First, cull the corruption and rot within the Sith." Alisteri spoke low, as if he was afraid that someone else would hear. "Any that sat by and let our brethren die to enemies that they made, put them to the blade. Then the Jedi and Imperials would follow, pushed from our holy worlds and suffering double what they bled us for in the process." Again a dark look crept into his eyes, as if he were picturing the wrath he intended to bring.

"All that had confronted us would be brought to heel, the Jedi scattered and made to hide like rats just like we have been, Coruscant set ablaze, the Maw destroyed for their falsehoods, a wave of vengeance across the galaxy." His hands curled into fists at the thought. "And then I would break every chain of every slave with their owner's head. Set the galaxy free underneath the red banner of the Sith, as it should be."

370d9lz.png

That was beyond an answer she could hope to hear from Ali. The Sangnir's smile brightened. This was what she'd been missing from him, all this time. Cause. Ambition. "Together, then. The selfish Lords, the foolish Jedi, the very Force itself. We'll make them all kneel." Then she stood. Extended a hand to him. For him. "As allies."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
There wasn't a moment of hesitation as he grabbed her hand and gave it a firm shake, a grin spreading across his face. "As allies." He affirmed with a nod. It was almost like old times for a moment, like back during the war when amidst all the desperation they had each other's back in battle. Times had changed, and they had both changed with them, but Alisteri was confident. They had little other choice at this point anyway. "Time to do what we should've done years ago."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom