Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Brat Pack (Or similar)

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
So I was thinking about getting together a group of Padawan, or at the very least, youngsters, to go off adventuring and getting into trouble while at the same time building lasting connections and relationships. Initially, I thought about keeping this to one Faction. Still, growing connections beyond Faction Ties and the potential ethical dilemmas these connections could cause could lead to some fun opportunities down the line.

How many younger characters out there need good friends and fun times?

Right off the bat, I figured a good way to get us all in one place would be set after a skirmish where the kids have been forced to evacuate their respective fleets/starships and crash-landed on an unknown world. Through whatever means, they find one another and have to survive together until help arrives.

We can run with various threads, missions and adventures following.

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
I have this character or Iskendyr Yvarro Iskendyr Yvarro but either one would be up for such an adventure.

The younger, the better!

or perhaps during the initial brat pack rp

"Brat Pack"...-I like that. Yeah threads would be one at a time as I work full-time and have a tough schedule to keep up with myself :)

Oh boy lemmi get the tag list.

Vera Noble Vera Noble Resh Resh Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Loomi Loomi Toby Perris Toby Perris Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Braze Braze Anneliese Anneliese Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

there some of the current paddy pack in the njo. I do be interested though.

I did imagine there was already a Paddy Pack in the NJO. If ever a faction to have one, it would be the NJO, however, I was thinking of inter-faction relations too as it could drum up activity for other factions who may need it, which was why I didn't go straight there. Jaitre's already in the NJO so it would make sense IC but...Yeah. I would love to see some of them getting involved in this, if wanting!

I'd be more interested in later interactions. We already sorta formed a "Padawan Pack", and the post-skirmish idea sounds like the formation of one. So I'll not join that, but I'm cool with just having paddies come together :)

Will mostly be in NJO context for me.

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
NJO context meaning, when faction threads drop, that we bring paddies together to write :) Private threads are always possible, but that doesn't really have the same pack feeling.

Understandable.

Being who you are, I can totally see why you need your focus on the NJO/GA ;)

I think it also makes things easier and more likely to last.

I've seen 100 of these groups form, and the best format, in my opinion, is having groups of us in threads, but still somewhat split up (like objectives in public/faction threads). Gigantic group threads with everybody together tend to fall off or never get to a satisfying conclusion. Simply because some folks are slower than others, and sometimes people lose interest and don't communicate it. A thread that moves slow and gets you one post per week to make will just go on forever or die.

So I like the faction setting, because there's enough supply and you don't rely on the pack "leader" to make a thread or keep things going.

Edit: Didn't realize this was more than Padawans. Rip the above.

Last edited:

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
I think it also makes things easier and more likely to last.

I've seen 100 of these groups form, and the best format, in my opinion, is having groups of us in threads, but still somewhat split up (like objectives in public/faction threads). Gigantic group threads with everybody together tend to fall off or never get to a satisfying conclusion. Simply because some folks are slower than others, and sometimes people lose interest and don't communicate it. A thread that moves slow and gets you one post per week to make will just go on forever or die.

So I like the faction setting, because there's enough supply and you don't rely on the pack "leader" to make a thread or keep things going.

Yeah, groups like these have been a popular concept for some time; it's fun to get a group together that may form friendships for the future of our characters. Whether it fizzles out or not, I'm not going into it with the mindset of a Faction; I want to have fun with other characters of the same age and keep those ties.

Also, there won't be a pack leader. Sure, I'll start the first thread and maybe the second and third, but eventually, it'll become a group effort. Jaitre isn't a leader. And I don't have the time for that kind of effort, lol. I'm not going into this so deeply; it's just something to get us going for fun.

Don't worry; I get where you're coming from, and as a Faction Leader, I get you. This is muuuch smaller time. Not just for Jedi but smuggler brats or Imp Brats and whatnot. It's just a bunch of teens getting into trouble for the OOC Lolz.

Edit: I guess the original name was misleading. Based upon Padawan Packs, though, it is open to people from any faction. Brat Pack is a much better name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalira Aldan

Runaway Silver Jedi Legacy
I have not gotten this character off the ground exactly yet. Long term goal is probably to join up with a Jedi organization. Short term she's out in the galaxy against the wishes of her family searching for her lost half-brother Liam Nargon Liam Nargon She could be part of a group she comes across by some sort of circumstance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom