Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandy, Cards, and a Count- Coruscant Club

spaceclub_by_maykrender-d3avscu.jpg
Coruscant- The Night's Delight Club
Coruscant, the planet that had been contested so often and was such a hub of trade, information, and criminal activities for the entire galaxy. It had been taken from the One Sith by the Galactic Alliance, marking the down slide of the faction. The planet was one massive city built over a massive older city built over an even more old, massive city and so forth and so on. It was unlike any other populated planet in the galaxy this way, and because of it the planet was as much a den of desire as Nar Shadaa was. And it was here Veleon found himself having recently left his homeworld of Sereeno.

Veleon had landed his ship in one of the countless docks of the city and heard of a night club that might suit his tastes. It was a ways down, but it catered to an upperclass clientel. The night club was known as The Night's Delight and they did their best to live up to that name. Gambling tables involving dice and cards were scattered around one side of the club while a tables for drinking and a dance floor was on the other. In the middle of the two areas was a rounded bar with stools and drinks of every kind. Dancers in glass tubes danced around the bar to provide additional entertainment for the guests, and it was rumored that they would even offer private room experiences for the right but hefty price.

So it was into this kind of place Veleon walked in with his hood pushed up partly to hide his face for now, and partly to help block some of the multicolored lights spilling over from the dance floor side of the club into the entry way acting as the border between the two sides. He idly swaggered over to the counter and sat himself down with his cane resting against his leg. He casually examined those around him as well as the two different areas. They were all dressed for a night of fun, but it was clear they all were wealthy. Well off business owners, savy heads of highly profitable criminal organizations, and those much like Veleon himself being from families with old credits. This seemed to be his kind of place.

Veleon said to the bartender, a twi'lek woman with blue skin and wearing a silk blouse revealing ample cleavage, as he studied the gambling tables, " Glass of Commenor brandy." He didn't know if they had heard him or not because he honestly didn't care. He was here to have an interesting evening not to drink after all. He just wanted to see if the club could truly live up to its name for him now or not.

Gremoth Kroth

Credit Count: 3,000
Gremoth was in Courscant- The Night's Delight Club. Gremoth had an order to deliver some glitterstim. Gremoth walked into the club. Everyone looked high enough. But you can never get high enough. Gremoth didn't even really have to lie about his age, he was only one year under, and usually the bartenders can't tell Rodian age differences unless they are Rodians. Gremoth walked up and sat down at the bar. Gremoth looked around his surroundings. There was a man next to him that he sweared he recognized but eventually brushed it off. Gremoth had hidden the spice in his inner jacket pocket. Not the best hiding place but honestly no one really cares everyone was all high and trippy anyways. The waitress came around and asked for his order, he ordered a shot of whiskey. It would be his only drink for tonight so better make it strong. The man next to him had a cane. It looked pretty nice. But there was something about it, this man didn't seem right to Gremoth...

[member="Veleon Dooku"]

Veleon had noticed that the only high crowd in the night club was some young adults dancing on the dance floor. None of the gambling crowd was more than a little tipsy or buzzed. They knew better than to lose that much control of themselves when credits were at stake. A gambler throwing their dice or playing their cards drunk were as likely to lose their lives as a soldier who went to the front lines that way. But he had also spent enough time in clubs to be able to tell the difference between a crowd of people letting loose without pushing it too far and a club that was tripping it hard off of spice.

Veleon noticed the Rodian sitting near him and eyeing his cane. A thief likely or just a piece of street trash. Either way, they did not look to the be type that belonged in an upperclass establishment. He looked like the type that would be more comfortable in a Tatooine cantina. As his brandy arrived he pulled some credits out of seemingly nowhere to pay for it. He then said as he stood up and grabbed his cane's pommel with his now free hand, " Bartender, I suggest you call security. A thief has walked into the club, and I doubt they have the credit to pay for their drink." He then began to walk on over to the card tables. He had picked out one he liked. There was only a single descent bluffer there, and the rest just thought they were.

[member="Gremoth Kroth"]

"Again!? You had best not be cheating, scum, or I'll ring your neck so hard you'll be seeing Death before he sneaks up on you."

Chupa slammed his hands down on the card table in front of him, sending a few chips flying off the table. The patrons next to him had risked the bargain of siting next to the burly Arkanian in favor of some well-needed winnings, but anyone could tell by the looks on their faces and the hands quickly grabbing the chips in front of them that in this case the Arkanian seemed to have won that particular battle. The dealer gulped loudly, reaching forward to carefully remove Chupa's chips from the table. The Arkanian half-smirked, half-growled, guessing the underworld had some information on this guy, otherwise he'd had left it alone and gone on with his day.

"How much do you owe 'em, scum?"

The dealer's eyes darted up at him, meeting his vision in the emptiness of the tension between them. "I owe...I owe them 20,000 credits."

Reaching into his jacket pocket, the infamous rogue soldier pulled out a holopad and slid it across the table. "Give me their names and you owe them nothing. Then, once you're done that, how about another round?" Chupa gave a quick wink and smiled wide, revealing his abnormal canines, stained yellow and red.

The dealer quickly imputed the information for the Arkanian, and slid the holopad back to him. His eyes glanced the periphery, so Chupa followed his eyes. A well-dressed man was approaching the tables, with a cane in hand. Raising his hand, briefly, he signaled to the man before pulling out the stool beside him.

"Come, join us, friend. You look familiar, have we meet?"

[member="Veleon Dooku"] [member="Gremoth Kroth"]

Corusaunt

A world she had grew up on for many many years, it was a source of pain and happiness for the wealthy woman, her father had a business here mother worked at a shop meanwhile she the daughter of the two was a transporter...she made some good money off of it two

Enough that she was walkimg up to the night club, a girl had to sometimes have a night out right? All work and no play was simply a drab and no fun

So dressed in a black dress that hugged her body She made her way into the doors and let the music and smells hit her, ahhhh yes the smell of money being spent...tis a good smell

She sauntered on over to a card tabke where to men were, one looked quite handsome young two...taller then her a bit yet the was ok, the other was a rough lookimg man she frowned a little before setting on the other side of the pulled out stool as she looked to the dealer"I'm in the game if it's not already started"she said in a crisp soft voice
[member="Chupa La'Roi"][member="Veleon Dooku"]

Gremoth Kroth

Gremoth heard the man tell the bartender about a thief. Gremoth looked around, no thieves... 'Kark!' The Rodian thought to himself, 'he must've thought I was a thief. Hm.' Gremoth had seen him go over to a poker table, it would be best if the Rodian had been disguised but... He had no time. Plus if he stole someone's hood or mask that would just prove the man right. So Gremoth walked over to his table and sat down. Hopefully this would go well and... Not go how it went with Greedo.

Gremoth sat down with a semi serious face. Gremoth liked Poker. A good game for the mind. Plus he was great at bluffing, that and his face was hard to read, being a Rodian. "Poker? Tattooine Holdem? Count me in."

Gremoth glanced at everybody at the table. They were all rich, he could smell it. Of course, Gremoth was pretty excited to make some money because these people practically have an endless stash. Gremoth put aside the glitterstim mission for now. Time to make someone pay.

[member="Adal Armina"] why didn't you mention ;) lol it's fine.
[member="Chupa La'Roi"]
[member="Veleon Dooku"]

The Bar Room Waltz
Club Music
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNpLuXOg7xQ[/VIDEO]

"And that's when I said no, that's your wife!" a voice called a large hulking shadow moving into view, he tracked across the grated floor letting out a wrapping tapping sound as his pronged feet moved across them, his long red coat thrown behind him like some awkward cape, the tassels moving in the artificial breeze as he moved with the steadily forming group, [member="Thraxis"], [member="Cadan Tazi"], and [member="[/FONT]Schmitty"]. It was cold and like steel, sharp and rough like fragment rock, it was distant yet human, it was all of these things. "So Snitty, how does it feel to join the big leagues? Wait, don't tell me." he paused removing a large fat cigar, knuckle walking it across his finger's and pointing it towards [member="Schmitty"], like an accusatory finger."Its everything you dreamed of."

'THUMP' he fell down and into a booth, fiddling with a small lighter once and twice he struck it with large finger's, missing. "God karking dammit." he grumbled finally on the sixth attempt lighting it, the light from his now lit cigar casting ember light over the cyborg, forming small pockets of shadow. "Sit down, take a load off. [member="Thraxis"], get us drinks and go punch someone." silvery wisps of smoke trailed up and out of the clenched grip of the cyborg, the cigar sizzling with low orange light. "So tell me how is Mongo, doing Snitty?"

"I assume Mongo, has told you what we do. We don't actually sell encyclopedias."

The scrawny human man was in tow of the mixed bag of aliens and the one cyborg. "Flannigan- what? You haven't said anything for a half-hour." Schmitty offered as a retort to the joke, and the metallic laughter that [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] followed it with. With every step into the club the wary little coward gave a real college try to avoiding the tables in which others played cards, he nervously rubbed at his shoulder all the while before his gathering found their seat in a nearby booth. "Look...The Schmitster's real happy to be apart of this but give me a little warning before you drop in on me, I had a thing with my contractors today, I mean I had Mongo handle it- but you could interrupt somethin'."

Schmitty couldn't help but knit his brows when Flannigan intentionally mis-pronounced his name, it caused a brief snort of displeasure to escape his nostrils but the man kept his mouth shut and focused on finding his seat among The Cyborg's rather unstable retinue. "I'll take somethin' fruity, [member="Thraxis"] - and Mongo's fine, you know him and his arenas." The Human tried to keep his eyes on his own booth, habits were hard to break and that was the usual practice in Shaada cantinas.

To reply to Flannigan's final question he broke into Hutteese in order to keep things as discreet as possible, not mentioning the exact details of said profession. "Mongo mentioned it, yeah- And you ain't gotta' worry, we're picking out repair-men that have a reputation of professionalism."

The floppy form of a spiced out Cadan landed in the seat next to Schmitty, a needle still sticking out of Cadan's arm as he returned from the bathroom. "Thraxis! Find me one of 'em tail 'eads aswell!" The pirate threw a handful of credits towards Thraxis then looked to Flannigan. "Who's the new lad?" Cadan asked slowly drawing the needle from his arm and throwing it into the crowd of people.

Cadan turned to Schmitty, interupting the conversation. "Are you 'ere to fix our lanyards? We've been 'aving a few problems with 'em." Cadan's eyes watch those around them. His world slowy spinning and gaining addition colours and shapes. "Thraxis! Do as Flanno said, get some bevvies for the boys!" Cadan reached out for a cigar from Flannigan, not sure if he was going to get one or not...

[member="Schmitty"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Thraxis"]

"Another!" He raises his hand to the bartender. His fingers bounce on the table starting at the pointer finger down to the pinky one by one. only a light sound of flesh and bone tapping on the metal table is produced, his impatience building up while he waits. His foot moves up and down to the music resembling Restlessness.

The bartender slides the drink in front of him, Tiali nods thanking the bar keep. Lifting the glass to his mouth he takes a big swig accidentally spilling some down his cheeks into his beard. Placing the empty glass back down onto the table he releases a relaxed sigh he smiles looking to one of the dancers. Rubbing his hand and sleeve through his beard cleaning up his beard "Much better"

It was good to relax not worry about credits or the next job, geting out of the armour. Instead just some comfy clothing, a coat, just for protection his a wrist mounted sonic pistol sits under his jacket and an LL-30 sits in it's holster on his side.

"Another!"

The good buffer actually spoke to him, and it seemed he wished for Veleon to join the table. That was his plan to begin with, so he had little qualms with it. He idly stepped over to the seat with the measured footing of someone trained in using their body. He took his seat by [member="Chupa La'Roi"] and then produced a stack of credits from out of thin air as he had before. He placed them on the table, which the dealer slide towards himself before pushing some chips to the young nobleman. Veleon placed his index and middle finger from his right hand onto the tops of the chips and slide them into position before him. He rested his cane against his chair with his left hand near his right side where it was within easy reach. He then began to casually look at the others at the table.

The table seemed to have cleared itself out of the bad buffers after the good one made his little scene from before with the dealer. They were replaced by an attractive woman who sat on the other side of him from the buffer and by the trash who had followed him like a rat smelling food scraps from the counter. The dealer eyed the Rodian for a moment before he smiled to the woman. He said, " This round has yet to start. Each chip is worth 250 credits. Obviously we are playing Poker. Small is one chip. Big is two. Standard rules." He then turned his attention to Chupa and gave a friendly nod to him. He might be able to be rid of his debt now, but he still needed to finish up his shift if he wished to avoid too much trouble later.

Veleon looked to his stack of chips as the dealer spoke with his hands resting in his lap. He sat relaxed in his seat in the semi-circle table that could fit one more person. He waited for the dealer to finish speaking for a moment before he said, " High betting table. I hope everyone here can afford to lose a few chips....or even just one....." He let his words trail off. Hopefully someone would take the hint and return to the damp, dark alleyways they were sired and reared in. The dealer gave a bit of a shocked look to him for a moment before turning his attention back to the other players.

[member="Gremoth Kroth"] [member="Adal Armina"]

She smiled as she listened to the dealer and gave a look to [member="Veleon Dooku"] as she smiled and gave a short wave as she looked back again and reached into her pouch as she pulled out the equivalent to 5000 credits and placed them on the table so she could get her chips, go in low and come out high that's how you played sometimes

However she looked to the rodian, that sat by her and slid her hand down to a small little holdout blaster, he was the scum she hated, the scum that had cost her right arm...yea...their the type she despised

She perked up as she listned to that handsome young man speak, she gave a chuckled and pulled another 5000 out"I'm in high betting sounds like a perfect way to spend some credits no? Just don't get mad when I take them all ok"she said with a wink more less aimed to the handsome man she could see

[member="Tiali Orazio"][member="Gremoth Kroth"]

Gremoth Kroth

Gremoth noticed [member="Veleon Dooku"] look at him as he stated

"or even just one....."

Gremoth had to hold in a chuckle, he was sure the man was trying to get him to leave. Gremoth had been treated like street trash all his life so he didn't really care at this statement. Gremoth was street trash, but atleast he had more money than most people on Coruscant. Gremoth placed down a stack of chips. But it wasn't big, he had more in his pockets, he wanted the man to be un-suspecting of him. It was only about one hundred credits. Gremoth got comfortable in his seat. Now he had two things in his pockets. 'This'll be quite the night' Gremoth thought as he played around with his chips.

[member="Adal Armina"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom