Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brains,Brains Its Okay! [Levantine Sanctum Dev Thread]

Charged with the task of making a protocol droid that spoke ancient languages and knew obscure culture had been a little more than challenging. Judah had dug through his warehouse on Kesh, finding old protocol droid brains and gleaning information from them. Countless hours had been spent on the back deck of his beach home on Ceto, downloading information and cultural nuances. One problem remained ; a large ancient language base. Most of the droids in his possession could be traced back two hundred, maybe three hundred years on a good day.

His salvaged Footman droid, an ancient relic produced before the Clone Wars had been relatively useless, yet the best so far. Not being a true protocol droid and succumbing to several if not dozens of memory wipes throughout the years, information was scarce. Finding a droid older than say the Clone Wars outbreak was near impossible. Hell, the Clone Wars droids were near impossible to obtain.

Rumor circulated there were a small handful of droids that dated back to the Old Republic. Judah personally thought this may be a myth. It would require a near self sustaining droid, one with excellent self-preservation skills. It was possible, perhaps in the lowest levels of Coruscant to find one of these in a trash heap. Or in some long forgotten storage. Yet the VerboBrain would be fried or rusted or corrupted.

Yet here he was, on some personal floating.....quasi-city(Young in Spirit) with other Sanctum members, headed to Abregado-Rae to see some Baron or some other nonsense. Probably some old Royal had buried a droid in their tombs with them. Or kept it hiding in a closet. How they were going to even get close enough to touch it was beyond him.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Warden, Traveler, Hopeless Romantic
@[member="Judah Dashiell"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

"I tell you, Judah, Baron will have the exact solution you are looking for!"
Sammo called out to him from his captain's chair, looking back to smile at him,
"He was a soldier with Protectorate, you know, that's how I met him, I've been crewing on the same frigate as him. He was knighted by Lady Protector for rescuing a bunch of kids from fire in an orphanage while fighting off Deathwatch raid and captured their commander Dreadpirate RC or some such."
Well he could at least hype up the meeting between Judah and the aging Baron.
"He was made a Baron of Abregado then and head of their government, truth be told he is technically a dictator but most people seem to like him and he did not caused any suffering yet at least. There's still those who don't trust him leading their planet but you'll get why when you'll meet him."
Sammo smirked to himself,
Oh he'll get it when he will see him alright, ha-ta-ta-ta-ta
He thought to himself

Sammo would look back to Judah then from his chair once more,
"Just remember, he is as old as a Whipid Sorceror's farts, so remember to speak loudly, if he trails off or starts rumbling, just be patient, and whatever you do, don't mind the smell around him, alright?"
Sammo was giggling internally, this is going to be fun.

It was then that Second spoke up, cutting into conversation.
"We have crossed into Barony territory, we will be arriving at Abregado-Rae in few minutes."

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton listened intently as the Young in Spirit's captain described the Baron's activities with familiarity. He said he'd served with the man on a frigate, so he supposed that he might have been there with the Baron during some of the events. Made decent enough sense to retell the tales from his own reference. It seemed the Baron was in total power of the planet, the Protectorate having an Iron Fist in the political processes of their members worlds. Still, they were honest about it, so he couldn't say he blamed them.

"How did this Baron end up with the habit of collecting ancient droids?" Jaxton asked curiously after the captain explained the old age of the Baron.

@[member="HK-36"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Judah Dashiell"]
Sammo smirked at Jaxton's question
"Let's just say that it's in his blood."
He grinned slightly
"Besides, Abregado has seen an increase in droid population since he took over, it's something you'll get when you'll meet him, but he's probably gathering resources and troops in case the Sith or something worse comes for him. Even before he became a Baron he was a Protector assigned to barracks here, our frigate was stationed here in between missions, he led a campaign to stop all violent crime on Abregado, last I've heard, he has been successful and there were talks around Abregado of new legislative council forming."
He leaned back in the chair as they were nearing their exit point from hyperspace
"My guess is, he'll be stepping back soon and returning power to the people but not before making sure everything he worked for will be preserved and his people safe. He was often sent to spear-point strikes against Sith and aid Mandalorians or Republic, they might come back for him."

@[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

"I collect old an unusual droids, both for personal and business reasons. Yet....it is extremely unusual to have something this old....You'd have to be a billionaire or incredibly lucky to have at least one. Sammo, you are implying this Baron has more than one."

The nerdy side of Judah was starting to take over. A chance to see a Baron with a collection to rival even the best was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Foot lightly tapping on the durasteel plating, Judah shifted his weight against the crash webbing. It was unusual to hear of such a Baron in Protectorate Space. Even if this man did save a pack of schoolchildren from a burning building, the reward for such an action had been great.

"This....Baron, your friend? Quite a colorful man judging from your tales."

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Sammo slightly waved his head thinking about Judah's question,
"He has copies and backups, some hidden very well, in fact."
Captain smirked once more
"But as to other droids on his planet, most of them are after manumission, living there from their own will."

They would finally exit out of the hyperspace, with the planet of Abregado-Rae just in their view as they were heading towards it,
"As for the Baron and me, I should have mentioned this before."
The Spirit would shake suddenly as their trajectory was forced to change, an alarm would ring up from Second's console as the B1 droid spoke up
"We have been captured by tractor beams, incoming from the Protectorate frigate the Siege Tower."
Sammo would look back to Judah and Jaxton with a slight innocent smile
"He really doesn't like it when I come by unannounced."
"Incoming transmission from Abregado-Rae."

The screen would flicker although show static as they were still not close enough for clear view,
"What do you want, Wanderer, we have our pacts, you are to keep away from my territory when not needed."
Electronic voice drawled on from the communications speakers before an image of armored being came onto the screen. His head was hidden under a Protectorate helmet, his ceremonial armor showing an old rank of Colonel and some of his medals.

Judah was going to ask more on manumission, until he slammed into his crash webbing a little harder than he liked. However, their crazy Captain seemed not to worry. As if it was a large game to be captured in a tractor beam. Judah knew the Protectorate had gotten paranoid recently, but was this how they would treat everyone now? He was going to have to seriously consider whether his registered ships and cargo was getting stopped in such a manner.

"Looks like you're getting a real warm welcome from Colonel Tin Can. What are you, a disgraced brother of the Baron? These guys look real eager to shoot off your head."

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

He sighed as he looked to Judah,
"Let's just say that he gave me something very precious to him but in return I have to travel the Galaxy and use it instead of sitting around in his territory and doing nothing."
Sammo looked to the static holoscreen
"I'm pretty much the only ship they ever use tractor beams on,"
He grinned over to them
"It makes me feel special. Communications, send back transmission to the Baron,"
"Yessir."
The droid nodded and motioned to Sammo when he was good to speak,

"Baron, I have brought someone to see you, Master Ravos and a merchants of sorts are here for an audience."
He would send back a response as he raised his arms, stretching his backs from sitting in the chair,
"Second, prepare one of our shuttles for departure, I'm sure the Baron won't be keeping us trapped for long."
The Second nodded simply as he carried out the orders.

Soon enough came back the voice of the Baron in response as the Spirit shook slightly once more, this time released from the tractor beam,
"Why did you not say so in the first place? You have permission to come to the planet, I will meet you in the main hub. But as soon as the meeting is over, I want you out of here, Wanderer."

Sammo only sighed, motioning to the doors leading to turbolifts,
"Well, shall we, gentlemen?"
He smiled to Jaxton and Judah before strutting over to the door

Raising an eyebrow, Judah looked to Sammo and then the holoscreen. He couldn't help but feel as if he was caught in some odd lovers quarrel. As if Sammo and this Baron had been doing this dance as an undercurrent to a larger issue. With any luck, the two would get it out of their system so he could attend to the business at hand. No way [member="Thessa Kai"] was going to believe him when he got home and told this story back to her.

What did I do? Oh nothing, just tried to snag information off a droidbrain while caught in a lovers quarrel between a Baron and Captain. Just like watching an episode of 'As the Stars Turn' really...

"Lets head out then Captain."

Shaking his shaggy head slightly in disbelief, Judah waited a moment before following Sammo, hand absently falling to his blaster to make sure it was still securely attached to his hip.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Sammo smiled to Judah and Jaxton as they went into the turbolift and down to the hangars where their unarmed shuttle was already prepared,
"No doubt they're already waiting for us in the spaceport, the Observer's offices are not that far from the port, couple minutes by a skiff."
He nodded to them, crossing his arms at his waist slightly.

There wasn't really that much to tell, after all, sooner rather than later they would see the planet for themselves.

Journey to the planet side was rather uneventful, besides maybe the view of the bustling spaceport planet, a local trading hub with crowds of merchants and traders, here and there they could spot the armored patrols of local militia, old reminders of the military presence the Baron used to subdue crime and keep natives from rebelling in early years of his rule. The many rivers and waterways of the Spaceport City glistened as sun reflected off of their surface.

Their shuttle would touch the dusty ground of one of the port's open-air hangars and their door would open, right in front of their ramps they could see three armored beings waiting for them, the one in the middle was tall and rather slender, wearing ceremonial Protectorate armor from head to toe, showing his ranks and achievements, the Baron and his guards supposedly.
"Baron Observer."
Sammo nodded to the armor figure with a smirk before motioning to Jaxton
"Master Ravos as I announced, and-"
He would motion to Judah then, snapping his fingers slightly as if he would blank on his name
"Eh, mister Judy."
Close enough!

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Back before they even arrived there,
"Force damned fool, I told him to stay away from the planet. What good is giving him his own ship if he will keep hanging around here?"
The droid muttered to himself as his mask helmet slid over his head mechanically, his bodyguards following him into a skiff from the Observer's Offices,
"I'm sure he had a good reason, sir."
One of the guards said and HK nodded as they took seats in the Skiff,
"I would like to think so, Jenkins, if Master Ravos came with him it must be of grave importance. I will be damned what they would need me for, I have not seen a Jedi around these parts coming to visit me in ages."
The droid would look to the pilot
"To the spaceport, please."
Skiff driver nodded and they were on their way.

They arrived just as the shuttle touched down and when the doors open they would be able to see the three travelers coming down, Sammo's smirk irritated HK to no ends, the droid knew the other droid was happy because he knew that he irritated HK with his happiness. Damn him!

HK and the guards gave Jaxton a bow of respect when Sammo motioned to him,
"Master Ravos, we meet again, I hope you have been well."
He then introduced Judah and HK nodded taking a step forward,
"It is a pleasure to meet you, mister Judy."
The armored being extended his hand to Judah for a shake,
"I am called Baron Colonel Iron Knight of the Iron Company, Observer of Abregado-Rae and Protector of its citizens."
His mask opened to reveal the old HK droid head beneath the helmet,
"Some know me by my old designation, HK-36, droid of the Old Republic."

And in beginning Judah wondered how they were going to get close to the droid to touch him, and here he was extending his hand to him. The writer is hoping Judah was going to squeal in excitement.

Judah was going to correct the Captain that he was indeed not Mister Judy. Where Judy came into the equation was odd....after all, he wasn't a lady. Judah would hoped the beard alone would indicate his status as a human male. Before opening his mouth though, he came to face to face with a droid straight from the Old Republic. One who was extending a hand in greeting. Thessa was never going to believe him. Retelling the tale would net him a kiss on a cheek and a 'thats nice dear' comment.

However, this day certainly ranked in his top ten.

"Pleasure to meet you Baron. My name is Dashiell, not Judy."

HK-36

HK nodded at Judah's correction, giving Sammo a glare,
"Yes, thank you, mister Dashiell, it seems our Wandered fr- acquaintance enjoys steering others into wrong."
He would wave Sammo off
"Away with you, you have no power here."

He would give Jaxton and Judah a slight bow then,
"How can I help you two then, it has been quite some time since the rest of the Galaxy took notice to our little corner of the Galaxy, it has been a while since even other representatives of the Protectorate visited me."
He would turn back, they could see a team of engineers, a mix of human and aliens chattering with a droid worker to give the shuttle refueling and give it analysis for any needed repairs.
The droid would give a little nod to them and they would bow back to him in turn, chattering their greetings to the Observer before he looked back to Judy and Jaxy.
"Can not say I complain too much, it is peaceful here, not too many political visitors also means that the pains of War do not reach us often, at least not since I have taken control of planet's security."

@[member="HK-36"]

"I have spent much time in Protectorate space, I understand your need for peace. I have no intentions to bring any trouble to your doorstep at all."

In fact, such a thing was the furthest from his mind. Especially for such a project he had been working on. Droid brains weren't exactly the subject of galactic war unless one had information relating to dangerous weapons or exotic disease. While the droid in front of him no doubt experienced such tragedy, it wasn't what Judah was after. Something quite different.

"In all honestly I'm here because I need your brain. I need your linguistic programming, knowledge of ancient language and culture. At the very least a slimmed down version. I'm willing to pay accordingly and provide a portion of royalties should the droid be sold on a grander scale."

HK-36

The droid nodded at Judah's words and then slightly tilted his head as he said he needed a copy of the droid's mind.
"Some have already tried to take possession of my programming, through force or tricks, so far I was able to get away from such a fate. If you wish a diluted copy of my memories you will have to trade more than just credits, I want a deal."

He would motion for the group to follow as he turned to head away from the hangar to the main hub of the spaceport,
"I will accept portion of the profits for myself, of course, resources in credits are always welcomed, but I also require that a percentage of both our cuts will be donated to non-profit charity organization of your choice, mister Judah."

The main hub of the spaceport was a busy place, groups and singular spacers moving here and there, some vendors were visible among the crowds as well as armored guards stationed here and there, with maps as well as guns, able to give directions and protect. There were monitors around the hub, displaying arrivals and departures of shuttles and scheduled convoys and ships, as well as local holo programs. A lanky gados male and human female would show up on the holo-news monitors from time to time, broadcasting news, their words lost among the shuffles and chatter of the crowd. Another time HK would be visible on the monitors, conducting a speech or address to the planet, usual local politics. Then there were all the commercials, surprisingly, plenty of them had HK in it. The droid was often bored in his position on Abregado, he was keen on making public appearances, whether in person or in media.

As such, Jaxton and Judah would be able to witness a commercial that involved HK wearing a grey wizard hat holding a pack of gums to the camera as he spoke something. At the end two Ropos flew behind him, leaving a trail of rainbow in their wake as words "Super Chewy Bubbalicious" showed up on the screen.

"Between the two of you, Master Jaxton and mister Judah, do you have access to many ships?"
He asked them, leading them to one of the exits of the Hub, slightly glancing back to them.

@[member="HK-36"]

A deal.

Judah walked along, hands clasped behind his back, unsure. The spaceport was...interesting to say the least. Busy, crowded and noisy. It was quite an interesting hub however, one that he could use int he future. Shipping had become a major problem for his business. Listening to the concerns of HK, Judah nodded. Out of the corner of his eye, rainbow Ropos flew across the screen in a dramatic fashion. It was actually a little cute. If his unborn child turned out to be a girl, Judah would have to hunt down some type of rainbow Ropo merchandise.

"My charity organization of choice is Anti-Xeno Slavery Intergalactic. You will have no objections on that front." Pausing, he got to the second part of the question. "In theory, I could lease many. Or repurpose a cargo hauler or three in the short term. I've also acquired a shipyard on Fondor, but it is extremely small and undergoing repairs due to a recent battle in the area. What would you require? Leasing large vessels does take a bit of advanced planned, but waving enough credits under their nose would help solve the issue."

HK-36

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

HK shook his head, leading Judah
"I find that organization satisfactory, no objections indeed."
The droid nodded a bit as Judah explained his ships status, finally the two would exit the spaceport and the droid climbed aboard the skiff that waited for them outside, taking a seat and gesturing for Judah to join him.
"As to why and what I need, population and supply transports. The war is coming, Mister Dashiell, the Fringe is at door steps of the Protectorate and we are not very much concerned in pre-emptive strikes, but we shall defend our people should the enemy come. Of course, defending also involves evacuating populations away from war zones. Should there ever be siege of Abregado-Rae, I want as much of my citizens off of this planet and somewhere safe as possible."
The skiff would jerk slightly as it would begin to move, taking them towards the Governmental Palace where HK held his office.

@[member="HK-36"]

Taking a seat in the skiff, Judah nodded slowly.The ships would be used for humanitarian purposes, which was a relief. He didn't need to be mixed up with any militaristic takeovers. Leaning back in the skiff, Judah watched the scenery go by for a few moments.

"Shouldn't be a problem. Leasing of vessels for such an operation would be easy enough. Acquirement of a planet to settle on would be slightly harder. If one wishes to populate a uninhabited planet I imagine it would be much easier. As for supplies, I have locations for Salacia up and down the Rimma Trade Route. Should it be required, emergency supplies taken from my locations could be delivered within hours or a day. It wouldn't be much but would at least place a presence on the planet until the rescue vessels could evacuate your people."

HK-36

[member="Judah Dashiell"]
"That would be something I would still have to work out with the Republic or any other friendly territory, other than that they would have to be transported to safe sector of Protectorate space, their refuge will be only temporary, of course, until Abregado would be safe again, and by safe I mean there would be no battles on its surface, I do not mean to use it as means of blockading the planet should other regimes take control over it by keeping the inhabitants off of it."
Soon enough the Skiff would stop, the government building of Abregado wasn't that far off from the Spaceport, what little view Judah was able to get were the streets, empty from vehicles but with many pedestrians and passerby's, it seems the streets themselves were used mostly for walking while the vehicles they could spot were moving through the river canals of the city.

The Governmental Building was rather large, its main body was a dome with smaller chambers on the sides for other offices and such, the skiff would stop in front of the large stairs leading up to its doorways and HK would exit the transport.
"I will be able to access the copies of my memory banks through my personal office inside."
He explained to Judah, it will give him a clue as to why the droid took him to this place

[member="HK-36"]

Disembarking from the skiff, Judah stepped out into the streets and onto the broad steps of the governmental building. Why a brain was stored in a government building was beyond him. A bank or secret facility would have been his personal choice. Shrugging it off, he followed the Baron into the building. Grand and ornate, Judah craned his head to look at the architecture that spanned the expansive space. Boots echoed the halls as they walked along on expensive tile.

"Well, if and when the time comes my promise will stand for the transport. Advance warning is always appreciated, so perhaps you should keep in touch with regular updates regarding the status of the planet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom