Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship BR-0117 Resol'nare

Status
Not open for further replies.
BR-0117: The Resol'nare
192xd4.jpg

Intent: A stealth light transport
Development Thread: No
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: MandalMotors
Model: BR-0117 (Bas'Bavar-series Multi-role)
Affiliation: Mandalorians
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel

Description: Unlike the vast majority of planets within the known galaxy, the Four Hundred Year Darkness had minimal affect upon the technological prowess of Mandalore, thanks to its strict quarantine practices. During the Gulag Virus outbreak, many refugees fled to Mandalorian space seeking refuge from the rampant disease. Refugee ships were quarantined outside of Mandalorian space for a standard amount of time which would allow those infected aboard to perish from the disease, leaving Mandalore a perfectly functioning vessel. Over time, Mandalore had a vast abundance of vessels of countless makes and models from all across the known galaxy, and made avid usage of their diverse technologies by incorporating them into the production of vessels that far surpass them all. Now, at the end of the Four Hundred Years of Darkness comes the pinnacle of Mandalorian starfighter technology: an advanced vessel which incorporates the best of fighters and transport vessels to create an all-range vehicle of devastation. Dubbed the "Resol'nare", the BR-0117 is one of the swiftest vehicles within the Mandalorian armada to date.

Classification: Transport
Role: Commando Insertion
Height: 7m
Width: 26m
Length: 32m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Photon Fuel
Hyperdrive Rating: 1.5
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 2

Armaments:
*Blaster Cannon (4)
*Laser Cannon (2)
*Proton Torpedo Launcher (2, capacity 3 warheads each)

Hangar: N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
*Advanced Shield Generator
*Long-Range Sensors
*Cloaking Device (Double-Blind Hibridium)
*Efflux Diffusion Baffles

Passenger Capacity: 2
Cargo Capacity: 5 tons
Consumables: 1 month
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 2

Good submission. Solid on the details, gives a clean picture of what the fighter is intended for and how it's going to go about doing that.

That all said, I think there are some things that might need revision.

At more than 50 meters, the ship in question is several times larger than any example of a starfighter I know of to date. In fact, it sits alongside many heavy freighters in terms of size. Most fighters and bombers usually sit in the 12-16 meter range. Now, I know it's also designated as a transport, so I could see it sitting upwards of 22-24 meters. It's cargo capacity for its present size seems fairly off as well. For a transport to only be able to carry 5 tons of cargo/passengers

Which brings us to the next point; speed and maneuverability. As a ship increases in size, its performance begins to decrease in a fairly consistent negative exponential manner. In light of the fortunes of Mandalore, I have no problem with its speed being Class 1, but it's a difficult thing to move that much ship around with precision and grace. At its present size, I'd more readily see it turn at a Class 3. This is also in keeping with the ship's multirole purpose. A race car-limo combo isn't going to perform as well as a straight race car.

And the last part; hyperdrive rating. I know of specific ships achieving a hyperdrive rating of less than 1, but if this is something that is suppose to be a mass produced fighter, then there is almost no way for a hyperdrive rating of .4 to be achieved, especially not at the cost of production you outlined.

And last nitpick; the ship needs a minimum and optimal crew value, as well as a passenger-limit.

I want to stress again that this is a really solid submission. It goes well with the image of the Mandalorians. I just feel that there's a little role-competition going on within its design that needs to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom