Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bow to Nothing | Alluria

BTN.png

U N K N O W N
R E G I O N S

Star Date: 847 ABY
Local Time: 0937
Tag: [member="Alluria Ivalice"]

The key to power resides in the past.

It was always said of the fathers that the ancestors were greater. It was always said by the tutors that the distant philosophers were greater. No matter which era one was fortunate enough to exist, the gilded view of history remained the same. This fact was truest of all for those who hearkened to the darkest whispers of the Force. Perpetually, these children attempted to follow in the footsteps of those who had conquered the stars. And, to do so, they often coveted the remnants of those successes.

Ruins. Temples. Artifacts. All useless to those who had passed eons ago - and yet they held unspeakable value to the ambitious of the present. The present generation hoped that, if they could just clutch a fragment of the ancient greatness, that they would be great in of themselves. Thus was the ambition which steered the midnight vessel through the abyss. Of imperial make and design, the transport ship danced effortlessly through the void. Having dipped out of hyperspace only minutes prior, the skilled hands of its pilot steered it towards a slumbering giant.

A colossus by any standards. Far mightier than the average destroyer of the modern day. Yet, its form was a far cry from its former glories. The battle which had rendered it inert left timeless scars: gashes in the plating, breaches where ordnance broke through, and much more. The amber gaze of the one behind the controls focused upon one of the larger breaches, choosing this as an ideal point of entry. In the current day, another colossus had fallen: the One Sith Empire. Their reach was as mighty and as vast as the dreadnought before the pilot.

And like the vessel, the nation had been laid low, forcing those like him to scatter into the darkness. Rience was the furthest thing from satisfied by this reality. Driven by ambition running hot in his veins, the man aspired to carve out for himself a base of power. In doing so, he would never have to scatter like vermin under a light. Ever again. With success, Rience managed to navigate his vessel inside the broken destroyer and a suitable landing zone was selected. He promptly disembarked with a breather situated between his lips.

At first glance, the destroyer appeared to be more...temple than ship. Decay had managed to cling to the walls, despite the lack of life support. Moreover, ornate stairs, vaulted ceilings, and countless statues were laid out before him. Curiosity guided him forward - yet caution tempered his eagerness. As he bounded throughout the gravity-less environment, he was mindful of the lightsaber clung to his waist. The first order of business was, firstly, getting some semblance of life support back online. The second? Seizing any fragments of the past.

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]​
" Go, seek that which you desire. In time, we will find one another again. "
Bittersweet sensations flow through her mind and soul as she recalls the words she had spoken to the other Children of the Lost. Whatever path they chose to take would be theirs as the Force had guided her away from them into the larger galaxy. Despite the mysterious disappearance of her family and many others, there was a belief among them that answers would not be found in attempting to seek out the lost, but rather in obtaining knowledge beyond the common. The Force was ever mysterious and even her people's fore bearers had been influenced by it.
The cool glow of hyperspace finally gives way to the dark void once again, the light of stars hidden behind a object of great size in the distance. Whatever she had been guided here for, perhaps that would be it. Taking hold of the ship's controls, she carefully navigates towards the hulking mass, a sense of awe washing over as the sheer size and architecture of the ship was unlike any she had seen. Though, what she had in fact seen was quite limited.
Carefully, the ship was brought through a large tear in the great hull before touching down in the remnants of a hangar which had been torn open by some type of explosion. Rising to exit, she collected a single hilt and a small helmet with life support pack which she had managed to purchase before setting out.
The sight of the vessel's true interior brought a sense of wonderment, fingers touching the walls to get a sense of the texture. A deep sigh escapes as she longs to see the magnificence of the design without the helmet.. and limited air. To free herself of the situation, a search for life support or a way to restore a level of power began.

Star Date: 847 Aby
Objective: Threat Assessment

The Void.

To scream amidst the black of space is to cry out into nothing. As the Warlock began his journey into the dreadnought, there was nothing but a pronounced silence. With effort, he could hear the crunch of his boots upon the decayed floor beneath. Yet, beyond his immediate touch, there was nothing. Thus, his ears were filled to the brim with the steady rhythm of his own breathing. However, despite the silence, impacts of enough size could reverberate. Turbolasers smacking a hull, for example.

Or another vessel landing aboard.

What alerted Rience to this reality was a spontaneous rumble beneath his feet. Due to the obstruction caused by multiple walls and the twisting corridors, the man was unable to see the source of the vibrations. Cautiously, his dominant hand descended and graced the hilt of the lightsaber upon his waist. Moreover, his awareness expanded. The Force succumbed to his will in that moment, allowing him to feel beyond the walls and beyond the decay. For several moments, he felt nothing. But then.

She was as a beacon. Against the void of space and the decay of time, her existence alone was bright against the black. Yet there was a wellspring that he could feel, power that caused his jaw to clench ever so slight. He was not alone, in more ways than one. Ambition demanded that the treasures of the dreadnought be his and his alone. Thus, this intruder to his effort had to be addressed. Once the vessel was silenced, then he could resume his dive into the realm of history.

The Force once more hearkened to his whims. He mustered a push beneath his feet and accelerated through the void. The weightless environment was perfect for such maneuvers, and ultimately resulted in his arrival at the intruder's landing position. He did not feel any other lives during his sweep; but that never discounted droids from the equation. Confidence urged the man forward, however. And soon, he emerged from the shadow of his corridor. Where there was darkness, there was suddenly Light.

Snap. Hiss.

"Who are you?" With the rebreather between his lips, his question did not physically traverse the distance between them. Rather, his voice was thunderous within the Force. "And what are you doing here?"

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]​
Fingertips slid along the ornate walls, following them as they lead her forward. The calm in the airless expanse was eerie. The familiar feeling of awakening aboard the abandoned vessel sank deep. The only difference being the lack of life support as opposed to a failing one. Since entering the system, her connection to the Force was subdued. Allowing her senses to feel the essence of the derelict and the void in its natural sense. She knew it was dangerous to do so but in a locale like this, running into another living being would be against the odds, right? These were the Unknown Regions, after all.
Wrong. Fingertips slid to a stop as she paused, opening her senses to the Force again as the feeling of another took hold of her attention. In the vast void, the presence was like a beacon to her, yet within she could feel the Force's darkness. Getting a feeling of her surroundings within the Force, it was only moments before they were upon her. The hilt on her side was pulled to the palm of her left hand, the piercing electric blue of her eyes peering through the visor of the helmet with a luminescence that would have shone through the darkness of the corridor had the visor not concealed them.
"Who are you?"
"And what are you doing here?"
The sudden sound of the voice caught her attention as her grip tightened around the hilt. Her own hilt snapped to life with an ethereal glow held in a reverse grip. Uncertain whether the other's intentions were hostile, she would refuse to go down without a fight. She only wished she had the materials to complete her other saber prior to coming here but one would suffice.
" My name is Alluria Ivalice. The Force guided me here on my search for answers. For knowledge. I do not believe this vessel houses inhabitants so, I ask.. Who are you? "

Curious.

When the One Sith Empire had uttered its dying gasps, it had done so under the blades of radicals. Crusaders - both Mandalorian and Jedi alike, pressed the dagger into the chest of the nation. Those who survived the final battles had no choice but to distance themselves from the carcass of their once-great regime. And Rience would never forget how they fought. Though the enemy was typically blessed by the Light, they fought much akin to demons. It mattered not if the adversary was a child - if they were an adversary of Sith loyalty, they were put to the sword. The irony, of course, was not lost upon any of the defunct nation. But the memory of who they were and how they fought was forever burned in the Warlock's mind. It was for that reason...that the woman's response gave him pause.

Upon revealing himself from the shadows, the crimson glare of his lightsaber heralded his advance. However, the hilt of the weapon remained pointed away from his person and towards the ground - a sign that he had not decided to engage. Not yet. It was curious of this soul to claim that she was a seeker of knowledge. It was curious for one with such strength to be this far in the Unknown Regions, hearkening to the whispers of the Force. But, at the very least, they did not carry themselves in the way of the light-crazed Crusaders. Were it one of their kind, their blades would have clashed on sight, rather than his question be answered.

Thus, Rience returned the courtesy that the woman had extended him. Given that she, at the very least, did not conduct herself as his most recent enemies, he assumed that she was not among them. He answered honestly:

"My name is Rience. I have come for...a similar cause to your own. Not for answers, but for the power this vessel may hold." He then paused, raising his offhand as if to denote that he wouldn't engage if she wouldn't. "What answers do you seek? And from where do you come, Alluria Ivalice?"

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]

A sense of ease takes hold as muscles, prepared to react become more relaxed. Despite her outward calmed appearance, her guard remained in place. The hum behind her extinguished as the violet hue disappeared to give way to the dark void. Departing the company of the others, she expected to encounter other beings within the vast expanse of the galaxy. To find one here, she wouldn't have believed it even had she known. Despite this, the lack of hostility was more assuring than the eerie nothingness that surrounded the derelict. Then, the thought crossed her mind.. would the vessel she had left one day be found in a similar situation? If so, surely nothing of value remained aboard it.

Her mind, ever active, cycled back around to his own, pondering the words in his speech. Many were liars, manipulators. She had learned this at a younger age. There were reasons not to trust his words, yet the same would be true for the opposite as his actions were showing. With the drop he had on her, due in part to her neglect to use all of her senses then her life would be given to the void. This, however, was not the reality of it.

" Rience. " Nodding, she repeats the name alone in acknowledgement. " The answers I seek are that which the physical cannot bring forth. A tragedy of the past which remains a mystery. " Pausing, her hand adjusts the helmet she wore. " From where I have come to here, the edge of the great starless void. If it is my world which you ask about.. a world called Glyss. "

Her hand motions to their surroundings briefly. " Might you know anything about this vessel? "

Last edited:

Most curious.

For the moment, it seemed at the Warlock and the woman before his gaze had come to some semblance of an understanding. At the sight of his offhand moving to denote his intention not to engage, the violet blaze behind her ceased to exist. Were it not for the void, the tell-tale schwoop would have graced his ears as it had countless times. Her action had the immediate affect of conversion, for the weapon within Rience's grasp became a beacon of light. He raised the lightsaber, slowly, and angled it in such a manner that it was clear he was using it to cast a crimson light about them.

Against the darkness of the vessel and the endless black of space, any light source was better than none. As he did so, the woman set about answering his question. The motivations behind her presence her were understandable enough. A nameless calamity had occurred in the past - and she sought answers. For but an instant, he internalized the question of whether the vessel definitively had something to do with that calamity. However, his eyebrow rose inquisitively when she uttered the name of her homeworld.

Though the One Sith Empire had not conquered every world in the known Galaxy, their reach was vast and their resources nearly infinite. For Rience, it was not often that he encountered mention of a planet that he had never heard of before. Even if he did not know the fullness of a planet's history, in most cases he at least heard the name once. This so-called Glyss was a total mystery. Most curious indeed. "And so you seek out a shattered vessel, in the hopes that it holds the answers?" he began, responding to her motivations with a further question.

"Or are you seeking the power to answer the questions yourself?" There was a weight to his second inquiry, but he did not press the matter further for the moment. "I'll admit, I know next to nothing about this vessel. I am chasing fragments of information - stories. Legends. In truth, I was not sure it existed, but...the Force led the way it seemed." His shoulders rose and fell in a slight shrug.

"For the moment, it would appear as though our interests are aligned. Perhaps we can come to some...agreement and seek our boons together? If so, then our best bet is looking for the life support systems."

The choice now belonged to Her.

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]
Thoughts turn toward the vessel in which they stood. The hulking mass was unlike the ships she had seen in the portion of the Unknown in which she traveled. Though overhearing tales of larger ships which would cast shadows upon entire villages or cities gave the imagination many images. " I am afraid not. " Her gaze followed the crimson blade as it illuminated their surroundings. Keeping her hilt in hand, she thought of how its light may be useful before thoughts return to what she sought.
" I do not know where the answers I seek may lie. Power. Artifact. Place. If my journey takes me to the far side of the galaxy, I shall go. "
Listening to his own reasoning for coming to this otherwise empty expanse sparked her curiosity. Many of her kind would not bother with the affairs of others. Those like her, however, were different. Nodding as she heard him, her weight shifted from one side to the other, simply adjusting her stance. Attention turns to the walls around them, dragging her fingertips along the surface. Images recalled the structural damage to the hull as well as the scale of her surroundings once she had opened herself to the Force again.
" Tales of old. They bring many to travel the stars, do they not? " She nodded again, " I spoke of knowledge before. In that, what I seek is knowledge of the Force. Of the witches of Dathomir. "
The word Dathomir had only been a name in her mind, a reference to a planet she had not seen herself. Though she was aware of the influence its people had on her own kind. As she spoke the name of the witches, she seemed to pause her inspection of the wall before glancing in the direction which led further into the vessel's darkened corridors.
" If we are to come to an agreement, perhaps it would aid you to know that which I seek, would you agree? Together we may find out way through this behemoth easier than alone. I would also prefer to get the life support online as this helmet proves to be rather.. uncomfortable at times. "

As the woman began to answer his questions, his gaze kept track of her movements. It was clear that both he and the stranger before him were warriors - and thus it was paramount to maintain a raised guard. However, what also piqued his intrigue was how she interacted with her surroundings. Where the Warlock was satisfied to raise his saber to illuminate the space, physical inspection was not his norm. She, conversely, seemed to have an intimate approach, for her touch was never far from the walls. Between what she stated and how she moved, Rience was left with one impression:

Her need to understand ran quite deep.

She, like the man before her, was ready and willing to traverse the totality of the Galaxy in order to answer the question which rested upon her mind. At the moment, she did not divulge what exactly she was hoping to answer. However, unlike the homeworld that Rience had never heard of, there were tangible desires that she expressed. Desires that he was intimately familiar with. The Witches of Dathomir being the one one. Knowledge of the Force being the other. "It would appear as though we are of similar mind." he remarked, watching as she continued her inspection of their surroundings.

"If my search takes me to the furthest corners of the Galaxy, I will gladly make that journey. Though, as the Force works in mysterious ways, what you seek is what I know quite well. The Force. The Witches."

He did not remark further on the depths of his knowledge just yet. Though, the thought of the Witches caused old memories to return before his minds eye. The one who had been his first and only Master - Darth Melig - had been a native of the world she spoke of. Therefore, Rience learned of the spirits, of ichor, and of the mystical aspects of the Force alongside the supremacy of the Dark Side. Were it not for his being born a man, he might have considered seeking out Dathomir in the wake of the Empire's collapse. Such was life. Motioning towards her with his offhand, he indicated that she continue.

"That would be most helpful." he said. "Tell me that which seek, and perhaps we can make an arrangement regarding this ship...and the knowledge you require."

He couldn't agree more on the life support priority as well. Rebreathers were many things, comfortable was not among them.

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]
Momentarily, her steps into the darkened halls are given pause. That he knew of the witches grasped at her attention more than even the intricate details of the wall's design. The tales she had been told of them from her childhood arose briefly before being suppressed. The path forward beyond her arrival within the system had been as mysterious as the Force itself. Now, a semblance an image of where she may go from here began to appear within her mind's eye. This could not distract her from the task at hand, however.
Beyond the extent of the saber's glow, she would periodically reach out with the Force, getting a feeling for the immediate surroundings, unsure if they were truly alone, even here. At last, her touch leaves the wall, hand resting at her side as she walked.
" Tales of the past have been spoken of on Glyss. Tales of the Dathomirian witches. To learn more of them may not grant answers to me, but to learn of them is an interest in itself. The Force? Any who may manipulate it would seek to know more, no? "
As the corridor opened up to a larger chamber, the hilt of her saber spun in her grasp to a normal grip as the violet light manifested once more, taking hold of the hilt in her left hand, holding it up to cast more light into the airless space. Without even a thought, the topic changed to him.
" Questions upon questions stir within one's mind. To encounter one who speaks with such knowledge behind words and the ferocity of even the most dangerous predator when they seek to strike, I find myself curious. From where have you come? "

For now, the Warlock followed.

Stagnation was unbecoming of the two seekers, and thus movement had gripped them since the outset of their meeting. The woman before Rience's gaze had passively taken point, lighting the way by touch and by saber. The amethyst light of her weapon lit the way, whilst the Warlock focused more on watching their flanks. Though they had not said as much aloud, ensuring that they were the only souls aboard was of high priority. It was one thing to be on guard against other seekers - it was another entirely to face down something that could endure the void of space...over eons.

Thus, whilst the woman busied herself with minute pulsations of the Force on the way forward, Rience heightened his awareness. He attempted to feel even the most minute of vibrations in their vicinity, most notably. He relied not upon seeking life - for the reality of automatons was far to common in the modern Galaxy. Together, they kept themselves abreast of their surroundings. Together, their search continued. As the moved ever forward, the stranger from Glyss revealed a fragment of that which she sought.

And once more, ambition stirred within the Warlock. However, his pace slowed ever so slightly behind her once the metaphorical spotlight was placed upon his person. 'Twas only fair, after all, for she had divulged quite a bit in the past few moments. Her homeworld. Her motivations. Thus, Rience rolled his saber-bearing shoulder ever so slightly and began.

"My homeworld is called Bastion. Throughout history, it has been the seat of Imperial power for multiple, Galaxy-spanning nations." he began, answering in truth. "But...I surmise you are seeking more than a biography. You wish to know what it is I'm looking for? Or perhaps why?" His offhand moved absently, as if introducing his nonverbal words into the air. "I once served the One Sith Empire. In recent history, it too spanned the Galaxy. It was the dominant power for quite some time."

"And it was ripped apart on all sides. Manic Jedi. Crusading Mandalorians. All I had trained and bled to help build? Destroyed in months. We Sith had no choice but to dive into the shadows. I don't even bare their name further in the name of survival. What I seek? The strength to never again scurry into the shadows. Power, such that I Bow to Nothing. Now then..."

Darkness tinged his presence as he directed his saber towards the woman. 'Twas not in a threatening manner, but rather an illustration that his attention - and the conversation - had returned to her. "In Dathomiri society...and for that matter, most known traditions of the Force, knowledge is passed down in a particular manner. There is the Master who guides and imparts. There is the Apprentices who seeks and follows. For eons, this ship has floated along - and at any time, we could have landed here. Yet we landed together, as if the Force itself had intended it."

"So I make you this offer, Alluria Ivalice. I offer to take you as my Apprentice - as a Dathomiri once did me. You will learn of the Witches, of the Force, and of the Darkness. And in exchange, you shall raise that saber of yours to smite my enemies and yours. What say you?"

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]
Taking the lead had hardly been a thought in her mind as she moved on impulse. The Force had brought her here for a purpose, whether it was just to meet this stranger in a nearly empty void of the Unknown Regions or to find something hidden within the gut of the ruined behemoth, couldn't be said for sure. Each touch of the wall, the intricate detailing making an image in her mind as if she could see it forming before her eyes. The craftsmanship of the vessel was something to behold though the light of their blades did would never show the true beauty of it, she thought.
As he spoke of his past and the Sith, stories replayed in her thoughts. Listening to the elders who were force sensitive had given her information about the galaxy beyond the stars seen from Glyss. But even that wouldn't prepare one for what could be learned by leaving the world behind.
As his proposal was given, steps slowed as the woman's head turned to glance back in his direction, turning half way. From the first moment of opening herself to the Force within this place, she had felt the dark side emanating from within him. A feeling which had beckoned unto her even at the edge of the great void among her fellows. To say she was of the Light would be false, yet she had not succumbed to the dark side either. Even now it called to her.
" I will accept this offer. "
Nodding her head, she seems to peer into the darkness which existed beyond the extent of the blades' glow. " Upon opening my senses to the Force, I felt the presence of the darkness within you. A similar feeling to that which has called to me prior to our meeting. Others of my kind, gifted in the Force, have spoken of its pull. How one may become its puppet and not its master. " Her free hand reaches out toward the shadows, fingers outstretched as if reaching for something though only in gesture. Fingers curl into her palm before returning to her side. " Though we do not involve ourselves in the matters of others, the Force itself has guided me here. Guided the two of us here. If my path forward is as your pupil, then I shall walk this path. And my blade.. shall strike at your enemies. "

The young woman had seen many things.

The Force, in its silent majesty, had seen fit to guide the wandering souls throughout the stars. The dreadnought had been their destination - yet even prior to this moment, Alluria had bore witness to so much. She had perceived the twists and turns of the darkened paths ahead. She had peered into the darkness which defined Rience's being. And, as she uttered those five little words, she would see a change in the Warlock's expression. Though burdened by the presence of the rebreather, his lips would curve and his cheeks would rise - the telltale indicators of a smile. For but a moment, Rience entertained the notion of the path he would guide. Where to begin?

Yet the thoughts which followed her acceptance of his offer cemented the path instantaneously. Prior to her coming to the derelict vessel, her people had warned of the more enticing aspect of the Force. The midnight twin to the Light uttered sweet whispers and tugged at the very soul. Rience had been taught - and understood - that only weakness saw one become a puppet to the Dark Side. Yet, those who could challenge the very Galaxy by their name alone...they bent the Force to their will and commanded the true nature of the abyss. This...This was the first understanding he would bestow upon his apprentice.

For but a moment, silence ruled him. Though he took a bold step closer. His free hand gingerly gripped the pommel of his lightsaber and accessed a compartment with ease. There, a pristine crystal of the purest blue slumbered. It was not connected to the weapon, yet, but rather was stored for safe keeping. Plucking it free, Rience presented it to his newfound pupil. "Then your path begins now, oh Apprentice mine. Here." He awaited the acceptance of the crystal into her grasp before continuing. The moment its pure form pressed against her fingers, she would feel...Light brimming within its form. A stark contradiction to the oblivion she would now refer to as Master.

"I was reared by Empires and molded by the Sith. The Darkness will consume only those who are weak and will turn their base instincts into the puppet strings. Yet, those who are strong, they command the Darkness with ease. This crystal..." he indicated with his index finger. "Belonged to the Jedi who slayed my Master. And you shall be the one to break it. As you grow in the Darkness, your power shall flood the crystal. It shall break the paltry Light within. And as it bleeds, so too will your lightsaber."

"Now, lead on. The life support can't be too far now."

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]
The sapphire rolled between her fingertips, the light within merely a glimmer among the void of darkness felt from his presence. Though she held knowledge of the Dathomirian witches, the Sith had been unknown to her. Merely a word with hardly a concrete description, until now. Thoughts of making the crystal bleed as he had said her power would, seemed like a nightmare as memories recalled the song of her own amethyst when it called to her on a planet now far from here. It was not the act of destroying something which may haunt her but the end of the beauty of the song which only the crystal's chosen may hear. Though it did not call to her, it had once beckoned the Jedi who had claimed it.

To Alluria, Jedi and Sith were not so different. Simply a single spectrum of the Light and the Dark respectively.

Without a word more, she led the way, guiding the light emitted from the blade to shine ahead of herself. Emboldened steps through the dark abyss brought her forward, choosing her path with care not of lurking danger but to find their way without the needless act of becoming lost. Placing the crystal within a pouch, fingers hover near the surface of a door which blocked their way. Mechanisms shift as the door slides open, light spilling into the room beyond. Stepping through the doorway, she scans the various controls for the reactivation of the life support. Finally, her silence is broken.

" If we are to find a way to activate the life support, the controls may lie within this chamber. "

Silence.

One of the most treasured qualities in an excellent listener was knowing when to speak. In this moment, the woman before the Warlock's gaze held her peace. Though the seconds were fleeting, her shining gaze was settled upon the gift that had been imparted by her Master. A gift...and a challenge. Yet, though the sapphire rolled between her fingertips thoughtfully, no questions were uttered from her lips. Nor whispers ferried through the Force. Rather, as Rience had bid, she complied - and the way forward was undertaken with Alluria at the helm.

Rience did not keep track of the time it took for them to advance into the belly of the dreadnought. Thus far, his newfound apprentice had proven herself adept at navigating the shadows. Therefore, he busied himself with thoughts of the future. With each step, the ambitions within his soul burned. With each second, the future before his mind's eye began to see not just himself, but a porcelain Apprentice at his side. Indeed the Force worked in mysterious ways - but for the moment, it had proven quite an ally.

Finally, the silence was broken and Alluria came to a halt. She spoke with certainty that the controls to restore the life support resided inside this room. Nodding, Rience took a few moments to inspect their surroundings. It was not totally lost upon him that this room, unlike the others, buzzed with the remnants of power. The doors slid open to admit them - and even exceedingly dim emergency lights existed behind grimy panels. Thoughtfully, the Warlock moved to the largest of the controls and cleared one of the screens with the palm of his hand. Archaic, but the screen did respond to his inputs.

There was a sudden din - of grinding machinery. A shudder. Vibrations. Sound amidst the void of space...that denoted one reality. Air. Seconds rolled and Rience could feel his weight settle upon the paneled floor - gravity, too, had been restored. Overhead power was another animal entirely, but at least for the moment...His dominant hand raised and plucked the breather from his lips. "This...is much better." he began, before filling his lungs with the "fresh" air. Upon exhaling, he continued to tap upon the console, attempting to access any data he could.

"Hmm...Apparently, this vessel was a prison ship. Used to ferry the most deadly of an ancient empire's enemies." he began, scrolling through the basic repair logs. "There's a lockup a few levels down. I'd wager that's where any valuable trinkets would be stored." Rising from the console, he then jutted his chin towards yet another darkened corridor. Once more, he expected her to lead - yet this time, there would be no silence.

"Tell me about this Glyss of yours."

Silence.

One of the most treasured qualities in an excellent listener was knowing when to speak. In this moment, the woman before the Warlock's gaze held her peace. Though the seconds were fleeting, her shining gaze was settled upon the gift that had been imparted by her Master. A gift...and a challenge. Yet, though the sapphire rolled between her fingertips thoughtfully, no questions were uttered from her lips. Nor whispers ferried through the Force. Rather, as Rience had bid, she complied - and the way forward was undertaken with Alluria at the helm.

Rience did not keep track of the time it took for them to advance into the belly of the dreadnought. Thus far, his newfound apprentice had proven herself adept at navigating the shadows. Therefore, he busied himself with thoughts of the future. With each step, the ambitions within his soul burned. With each second, the future before his mind's eye began to see not just himself, but a porcelain Apprentice at his side. Indeed the Force worked in mysterious ways - but for the moment, it had proven quite an ally.

Finally, the silence was broken and Alluria came to a halt. She spoke with certainty that the controls to restore the life support resided inside this room. Nodding, Rience took a few moments to inspect their surroundings. It was not totally lost upon him that this room, unlike the others, buzzed with the remnants of power. The doors slid open to admit them - and even exceedingly dim emergency lights existed behind grimy panels. Thoughtfully, the Warlock moved to the largest of the controls and cleared one of the screens with the palm of his hand. Archaic, but the screen did respond to his inputs.

There was a sudden din - of grinding machinery. A shudder. Vibrations. Sound amidst the void of space...that denoted one reality. Air. Seconds rolled and Rience could feel his weight settle upon the paneled floor - gravity, too, had been restored. Overhead power was another animal entirely, but at least for the moment...His dominant hand raised and plucked the breather from his lips. "This...is much better." he began, before filling his lungs with the "fresh" air. Upon exhaling, he continued to tap upon the console, attempting to access any data he could.

"Hmm...Apparently, this vessel was a prison ship. Used to ferry the most deadly of an ancient empire's enemies." he began, scrolling through the basic repair logs. "There's a lockup a few levels down. I'd wager that's where any valuable trinkets would be stored." Rising from the console, he then jutted his chin towards yet another darkened corridor. Once more, he expected her to lead - yet this time, there would be no silence.

"Tell me about this Glyss of yours."

Verd-Divider.png

[member="Rience"]
Sounds of machinery coming to life was a welcomed change from the eerie silence of the abandoned vessel. Taking the helmet into her hands, it was finally removed as it uncovered hair which matched Hoth's grand fields of snow. Setting the helmet down, the luminescent orbs of electric blue peered around in the dark left in the wake of her blade's deactivation. Collecting her hilt from beside the helmet, an observation of the dim lighting was made. Though it was little compared to that given off by their blades, even this small change offered more to them than the darkened corridors without them.

" I could not agree more. "

For a moment, her gaze fell upon his interactions with the console. With how little had been restored, she thought it best not to make the vessel's aging systems perform too many tasks at once. If they were to find what they sought, then power would need to be kept for as long as possible

" A prison ship? " The exterior damage, or what little she saw compared to the overall size of the ship was recalled. " Perhaps the fate of this vessel was a prison break then? "

With their next path chosen, Alluria took the lead once more, clipping the helmet to her gear before igniting her blade once more to give greater lighting to their path as she had before. Though it was what he said next that drew many thoughts to the forefront. Ones she had not touched in years.

" Ah, Glyss. I have not been there in several years. Though, I will tell what I know. " Pausing to take a breath, she continued to lead on. " It is a world of colder climates, and home to several species. My own kind - the Andre'al - are once such species. Unlike the worlds of this Sith Empire you spoke of, we did not answer to a greater power of many worlds. Our world was ruled by the one who held the throne. If this still stands, I do not know. On Glyss, the throne belongs to those who may take it. This truth is what my father had given me. If you lack the ability to hold the throne, it shall not belong to you. "

Shifting her grip upon her blade, she kept it aloft in front of her as her steps never slowed. Even as she spoke.

" I could speak more, though I am sure you now wonder about my people more than the planet, no? "

Though the beacons of luminescence they carried as arms could provide a better view, the pair opted to utilize the newfound resource of the emergency lighting. As their journey began anew within the innards of the Dreadnought, crimson bulbs dotted their feet. These managed to light the way to some degree - and permitted Rience to witness the obstructions that were before his feet. Thick wires laid sprawled out upon the floor...and if the man squinted, he could make out familiar gashes upon the walls. If he had to guess, Lightsabers were the culprit.

Prison Break indeed.

For but a few moments, the Warlock listened as the woman of wintry hair answered his question. The way she spoke of her homeworld denoted that her journey had been a long one. She knew of the ways of her people - knew the climate - but was unable to provide finite details about its current existence. However, the way of the world was one that Rience understood intimately. Holding power by one's own strength was something foundational to the servants of the old One Sith Empire. Thus, when she spoke regarding the throne, Rience gave a knowing nod.

"You are correct." he began, motioning his offhand towards her as they moved. "Your homeworld is indeed facinating...and I'd love to know more about the throne and your people. Specifically, is this something you seek to obtain someday? Rule over Glyss?"

He paused in his thoughts, his hand now raising to trail over one of the gashes on the wall. "I'm thinking you might have been right about the prison break. Something brutal went down here long ago..." The man did not linger there too long, for their steps would guide them to the lift required to ferry them to the lower levels. For now, they would need to see if the emergency power was enough to power the machine...or even open the doors.

Verd-Divider.png

Fingers no longer touched the walls, their intricate design no longer required to be felt as she focused upon the dimly lit path before her. The scarring upon the walls left behind by the climatic battle which decided the fates of likely many on board the vessel told a story of its own. If this was a jail break, the question remained of who the owner of this vessel was.

" In truth, it is not something I had thought of, to take the thone. When I-.. When we left Glyss, I was a child. Learning from my father. However, if we have lost the throne and my people are in danger.. Then I would take the throne from the one who holds it. "

Stopping just outside of the lift, Alluria turned to glance back at him as he seemed to have stopped to inspect something on the wall. From his words, it was confirmed to be damage from a weapon. To know how many lives had been lost within these now abandoned corridors would be a haunting bit of knowledge.

" You mentioned that it ferried the most dangerous of the ancient's enemies. If they were to escape, I would only imagine it to be brutal. The damage you were inspecting.. It was not simply a normal mark, was it? Made by a lightsaber, perhaps? I know very few weapons capable of leaving such markings. Might this have been a vessel belonging to Sith long ago? Or in its design do you recognize that of the enemy you speak of? The Jedi. "

Turning to step into the lift as he began to move once more, she waited until he was aboard to press the button, hoping that it may indeed have the power needed to move. If not, it could be a long climb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom