Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Born to be Wild(er)

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna reacted quicker this time, ducking under the quick strike. She wanted to get a hit in. She wanted to prove her worth. "Pretty rich coming from the non-jedi." She shot back, flicking her tail forward to grab at Vulpesen Vulpesen 's leg, using her tail's length and strength to try and trip the Master. "You're the one who told me you never wanted to be one of us!"

Vulpesen let out a grunt as his legs were swept from beneath him, landing on the ground with a thud. Though, as he landed, he planted the back end of his saber of the ground and once again thumbed the dual phase switch, causing his blade to launch forward like a boar spear. "You're wrong. Long ago, it was all I ever wanted," he growled. "I was raised to choose between them and the sith and I chose the jedi. And I was a damned good jedi."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

She deflected the saber with Liz, once more only using the blade as a defensive tool, rather than the blade of the force it was made to be. She couldn't dull it, but she could parry with it. She spun around, not to expose herself, but rather to summon a small gust of wind with her arm that sang with the sound of a guitar, the sonic blast directed right at Vulpesen Vulpesen 's face.

"And yet you left. And yet you critique me. I earned my stripes, but you still treat me like a padawan!"

There was no rage behind her words, only annoyance. She wanted this master of the force to take her seriously. Why take it so personally, one might ask. To Jonyna, she didn't care about pride. She didn't care about respect. What she cared about here was the fact that Vulpes seemed dead set on treating her like she didn't know what she was talking about. She did, and she wanted to show him that.

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

Vulpesen did his best to spring back raising his legs to flip to his feet. As he found his footing however, he swayed from the disorientation of her attack, his ears being left ringing by the sudden audial assault. Most of Jonyna's words had been lost to him, only the tail end of her words reaching his ears through the powerful riff. "Padawans don't fight grandmasters or Archons." He stated, his voice raised over the tinnitus in his ears. It was a simple point, meant to remind her just who she was talking to. Vulpesen wasn't the equivalent to a jedi master. He was ranked with grand masters. He led his sect. For him to spar an apprentice would be overkill.

"You're right. You're not a padawan. Which is why I expect you to know better."
His tail lashed out behind him as he shook his head to clear it of the pain. "You're a jedi knight. You're a soldier. You don't need to be babied. I'm not holding your hand. But if you think that you've nothing left to learn, then you're sorely mistaken. Even when you reach master, you'll be learning. Even those of us who lead our orders are constantly learning."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna frowned, sheathing her sword. She was done, but she still have a point to make. "No. I'm not a soldier. I'm a hero. I don't have a rank, I don't take orders from a general. I fought with the Rebels, not as a part of their army. I am still learning, but you talk to me like I'm some member of your squad. I'm not. I'm a person who believes what I do is for the better of the galaxy, and that's it. And as long as you treat me like that, I'll never respect you. Maybe if you came back to the jedi instead of wallowing in pity about how that last order to take you in failed you, you'd understand us a little better."

If he was gonna be harsh to her, she'd be harsh to him. She couldn't stand for someone who only joined the conversation to whine about their life. Sure, the jedi had failed him. That order died, as far as she could tell. That era had ended. Whatever happened to him, he needed to get over it.

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen

As Jonyna sheathed her weapon, Vulpesen found himself relaxing, though he kept his blade ignited as hers was. "Perhaps that's a mistake on my part," he admitted as she refused his given title. "I come from an age where jedi were soldiers. We fought the sith on battlefields. I can't recall reporting to generals because I was the general. Jedi, historically, have served as commanders on the field. I don't call you a soldier because I expect you to take orders. I call you a soldier because like me in my youth, and even now, you have a desire to quite literally beat away the darkness encroaching on the galaxy."

Her second point, regarding what he was, caused the Valde to heave a small sigh, a hand moving to briefly pinch the bridge of his nose. "You mistake me Jonyna. My criticisms for you are not a criticism for your order. I am well aware that the New Jedi Order, and the Republic jedi are far different. In your order, I see a hope. I see people to carry the torch while my own order was left pissing in the ashes. I see a day coming where Wilders and Jedi can coexist. Where a Wilder can also be a jedi. But that won't start with me," he said, demonstrating his words as he lifted his hand to display a crackle of crimson lightning. He had alluded to the ability earlier, but now, he showed Jonyna that he was serious when he said he knew all three forms of lightning, and with it, an understanding of the dark side beyond what any proper jedi should allow in themselves. "At best, I'd likely be seen as too radical and expelled from your order. At worst, I'd probably spread the very seeds of corruption that collapsed my own, even if on accident. The jedi path is a noble one. But its not mine, anymore. Sometimes I mourn what I could have been. But usually, I find the force has been kind to me. I believe I've gained far more than I lost. A family, a home, and a code that I will live to preserve, and someday die to defend."

His tail swished as he started to refocus on healing his arm, the obvious lull in their fight allowing him a chance to tend to his frost bitten injuries. "I'm happy to say your masters learned from the mistakes of my generation. But that doesn't mean that they or you will reach perfection. I don't even think that's possible, but you should always be trying to learn more, Jonyna. Always be trying to improve, not only in your combat prowess, but in your wisdom. I can teach you to throw lightning and destroy entire buildings in the blink of an eye, but that will be meaningless if you don't learn the judgement of when and where to use it. I offer this advice not as an older soldier, not as a master of the force, but as a someone who's walked this path, learned theses lessons, and wishes them to be passed down in hopefully, a far less painful way than they were taught to me."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Then maybe you should learn to read a room." Jonyna said bluntly, extinguishing her saber finally, before turning to leave. She was done here. Sure, he had taught her what she needed, but he wasn't going to be the one to teach her proper judgement. That would be someone who she respected. And as of now?

She didn't respect someone who avoided their past in the way Vulpesen did. She didn't believe him when he said he couldn't rejoin.

For now, he was in his right to believe that. She didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom