Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bored with nothing to do

Xardus walked through one of the many small, urban cities of Contruum. Though the planet was new to him, the scene was all too familiar. In his heavy, brown robes, he made his way to a food stand to order a grilled cheese sandwich, as his stomach had remind him not minutes earlier how hungry he was. As he waited for his snack, Xardus couldn't help but wonder if there was anything entertaining to do on the planet. So far, it gave off the general feel of most planets in this sector. One could never know... Paying for the food, he picked it up and began walking again. Maybe something interesting would happen.

@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
"CRAP NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" yelled Elijah as his left engine gave out.

Steering the remainder of the rattletrap ship, he managed to land more-or-less intact.

The large black smoke rising from the site, though, wasn't okay at all.

"Okay, just gotta get away from here. Maybe to that town?"

Setting off at a dead run, he made right for the town before anyone noticed anything out of the ordinary.

@[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

Just as Xardus finished his sandwich, his force-enhanced senses picked up a strange anomaly. "Huh?" Looking up, he could see a thick cloud of black smoke. 'Well, you wanted action, didn't you?', he thought as he took off into a run toward the site. As he rounded a corner, however, he never made it as he crashed right into another man, who seemed to be running as well... "Woah, slow down there. What's the hurry?"

Jak Sandrow

"Oof!"

Stumbling back from the collision, he got a look at the guy in front of him. "No, not in a hurry. Just running for my life."

He turned to run more. "I wouldn't stay around here if I were you."

Jak Sandrow

He took a breath. "I'll answer in reverse order. Yes, that's my ship. I'm running from a bunch of rogue commando droids, because they think I stole something. Maybe because I'm a plant? I dunno."

He respectfully, but firmly shook his hands loose. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go."

As he ran off, he pulled a piece of armor out of a knapsack...

A plant..? This was definitely an odd character. "Hey, wait-" Xardus couldn't finish his sentence before a dozen or so droids rounded the corner and began firing at the man, who had begun pulling out some armor. Then, he did something stupid. He punched one of them. Crash. In a second, Xardus was flying through the air, nearly landing on the other man. "Okay, now I'm interested!" He ran alongside the man-plant-guy, hoping to find somewhere to hide.

Jak Sandrow

He had his tech suit on. As a droid ran past, he grabbed it from behind and jammed his scomp link into its head. Seconds later, it saluted him and charged back to lead another droid into the trap.

He hoped the other man wouldn't kill the reprogrammed droids - which weren't shooting at him.

A slicer, huh? Xardus watched as the reprogrammed droids ran past, engaging the others. "Nice trick!" He smirked a little. "What now?" He had already seen a few spots they could take cover in, but hadn't said anything. Maybe he was headed toward a specific place? Only time would tell.

Jak Sandrow

"Gimme a bit - I'm concentrating."

----
About 15 minutes later, all 30 commando droids were his. All. 30. Perfectly functional anti-Jedi droids.

Someone wanted him baaaaad. But - who?

"Who's the leader of Contruum? You know?"

Xardus let out a loud laugh. "Like I would know? I just got here myself! I'm as in the dark as you are friend." He was impressed at the man's skill at slicing. However, he wasn't so sure he wanted them around for much longer. He wasn't sure exactly what kind of droids they were, but something told him they weren't exactly safe... Even for force users.

Jak Sandrow

"Nuts. Was hoping you knew."

He shrugged. "Well, what's the capital of Contruum? My navicomp got smashed on the way down."

(look it up if you don't know)

"I believe it's Glatoria or something, why?" He looked uneasily at the droids. "And... Could you call those droids off? I mean send them somewhere else please. I don't want them malfunctioning around me."

Jak Sandrow

"Huh? Oh yeah, sure. I'll just send 'em there on foot." Mapping out their route, he sent them trotting off into the woods.

"Alright, so we head to Contruum, and wait for my droids to arrive; then we barge through the door and ask the main guy why the heck he wants to kill me. Sound like a plan?"

Xardus smirked at the sound of action. He surely hadn't come expecting any, but he was nobody to turn down a challenge, even if it involved anti-force-user droids. "Sounds like a plan."

Jak Sandrow

"Good. Now, we need to find a ride."

He headed to the town, for a landspeeder.

----
"No, but credits will do fine."
"No, dey won't-eh."
"Credits will do fine."
"Nooo, dey won't-eh. What, you think you're some kinda Jedi, wavin' yer hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian; mind tricks don't-a work on me. Only money."
"How about a blaster shoved up your skull? Will that work on you?"
"Ay ay ay. Fine, fine. Just... return it."
"Heh. Fine. Deal?"
"Deal."

Elijah turned from the stubborn trader to the speeder. Heck, it would almost be better to leave it here, it looked so ramshackle. But it was a vehicle; better than walking.

"C'mon.... hey, I never asked you your name."

(OOC: absolutely LOVE the EP 1 reference xD)

Xardus chuckled as his new acquaintance threatened the toydarian. "Is that always how you get your way?", he had asked. "I'm Xardus. Xardus Folidaar. And yourself?"

Jak Sandrow

"Hey, if they don't wanna cooperate, they get a blaster up their..."

He smirked, then clambered in the wreck of a speeder. "Nice to meet you, Xardus. Name's Elijah Rowlin. Plant, slicer, Force-user... I've got a reputation going."

Punching in the coordinates for the capital, he waited for Xander to get in, then sped off.

-----
The thing actually handled better than it originally looked. "Hey, this isn't too bad. Keep an eye out for a tail, would you? Something's up."

(OOC: Xander...?)

Xardus raised an eyebrow at the man. "Plant huh? You'll have to tell me about that." Though he wasn't sure why he would just blurt out that he was a force user, but he wasn't the one to trust so easily. If Elijah found out about his force powers, it would be if there was no other choice.

Jak Sandrow

((Sorry; know a guy named Xander. :p))

"I'm a plant. What more is there to say?" He kept his eyes ahead.

Passing a clanking mass (his droids), Elijah looked at the map. They were about 1/3 of the way there.

"Anyone behind us?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom