Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookworms! [ Arcanix ]

The Sith Archives. Were ancient knowledge was no longer that ancient and where secerts were stored to be viewed in awe. Compared to the Archives back in the times of old this was laughable to look at but the archives held more than the eye could really see. Each datacron, scroll & page were filled with knowledge of various events in history and the powers of the darkside. Throughout Kezeroths painfully long life there was one ability he wanted to grasp but it always eluded him, His mind was broken in the past now in the present it was honed and focused, for how long who knew but his thirst for a rare new power knotted his stomach. The craving to learn and torture the living was itching at him once more.

Hungering the giant lurked about the Sith Archives scouring over ancient books that focused on the abilities of the darkside and how they were explained to be learned. Hours past as his red eyes scanned the texts of paper and screen. His abilitly of interest was called Deadly Sight, a Darkside ability that potentially focused ones darkside energy into another inflicting severe pain and later death if the user so choose'd. But the How in the application of its use was still a mystery, This was the first tome Kezeroth had used the Archives and thus far it had gotten him little to no where. Broad information was given to him and the famous ones who knew the ability but that was all, not how it was acquired or how it was focused on a being.

" Damned Texts, Scrolls and Sith secrets. Is everything hidden?!" he growled frustrated and tossed a book on a table rather harshly. The book slammed and dust spewed from its pages into the air around making it stuffy.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]
[member="Nulgath Zardai"]

The Sith Archives was one a place Nulgath considered to be home. Rejecting his assigned master outwardly after his partner left Nulgath devoted much of his time tending the archives and keeping them in order. There was a large amount of knowledge to be gathered from these pieces of history.... And Knowledge was Power! That was the end goal Power.... It always was for most Sith. Clothed in his armored Robe attire Nulgath paced through the thin isles of knowledge with his hands behind his back. Keeping his eyes peeled for a specific book that covered a Dark Lord named Darth Ruin. A Sith who raised up his own doctrine in a since, Many considered him a Dark Jedi but Nulgath did not see him that way. He saw a cunning Lord of the Sith who was like himself. Intelligent, scientific & devoted to ones own quest for power.

With a grin Nulgath eyed the book that had a section on Darth Ruin. Pulling it off the shelf and blowing air at the cover he squinted as the dust cleared away and a barely legible title showed up. The sound of a book dropping echoed and caught Nulgaths attention and the growl of frustration emitted from his mouth. Who would dare do this?!

Walking down the lanes of books the large Epicanthix moved quickly and stopped in the light that shined through a rather large window. " Who dares discard the ancient knowledge of old?.... " he grumbled and blinded hard as the he adjusted his eyes from the blinding light that shined. What he saw was a Massive warrior armored giant of some sort. His voice seemed faintly familiar and his presence as well! Looking up at the tall being Nulgath eyed him and then the book.

" Well Hello oh Giant one! Tell me why do you do this?" he said pointing to the book on the then to the large figure once more. He was being his normal ballsy self and he had a feeling it would get him into trouble with his large fellow.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]
[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

[member="Nulgath Zardai"] [member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

Taeli, known as Darth Arcanix, sighed as she heard a disturbance in another part of the archives. Honestly, it was a library, there were rules about being quiet. Taking her research and retreating even deeper into the archives, she settled herself at another table before getting up to see who was causing all this bother, keeping her presence concealed.

She had no idea who was causing a ruckus, but peering through the books on one shelf she saw a very familiar outline, a very familiar hulking outline. Facing Kezeroth was an acolyte by the looks of him, but she decided to remain quiet and see what was going on.

She was sort of surprised that Kezeroth would be in the archives, it wasn't necessarily his cup of tea to do research. He was more of the hacking, stabbing, blowing things up sort of being, not an academic or researcher.

Kezeroth had his back turned but never the less he clearly heard the familair remarks thats came from behind him. There was only one person that spoke to him that way and he would keep it that way. With a stern jaw the Gen'dai turned around and looked down at the middle aged Epicanthix man with a slight grin. Returning a squint to him he snarled " What is that I smell? A hatred barely controlled?! You are a Fool your gaze threatens to lash out where you stand!" Kezeroth grinned he knew who was behind him.... Many had forgotten him but he forgot no one. Behind him was his paired apprentice during his time serving Balaya the witch...

With a face of stone Kezeroth gazed at [member="Nulgath Zardai"]. Kezeroths snarl were not his own words but the words of Nulgath long ago if the Epicanthix did not notice the reference then who know what would happen.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

As the giant turned around, Nulgath could feel the beings gaze at him. Who was this? Those were his own words!! There was only one person who could of known that statement and that was Kezeroth Barcu. The Gen'dai who he knew long ago last he heard of him he attempted to assist in the killing of the emperors assassin and was never seen again.

The Epicanthixs face grew into confusion, placing his hand on his chin Nulgath stared at Kezeroth up and down once more before saying " What of it?! This is a place of knowledge.... Besides ill go as I please." he paused and picked up the book that Kezeroth threw to the table. " Put it were it belongs!" he said sternly. He talked the good fight but his words were almost encrypted, if this really was Kezeroth then things would go well. If this was not then... well Nulgath might be in for a beating.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Seems they knew each other, at least from their body languages, Taeli thought as she observed the Epicanthix and Gen'dai. Interesting, but hardly her place to say anything. She was rather more curious about what Kezeroth was looking for though, and maybe she could help.

Adjusting the reading glasses on her nose with a sigh, she stepped out from around the shelf and said, "Could you two keep it down? Some people are trying to read in here, and you're disrupting my chain of thought. What is it are you looking for Kezeroth?"

Nulgath the dang Epicanthix never changed from his previous, He was as Arrogant as ever. Snatching the book from [member="Nulgath Zardai"]'s hand Kezeroth's frown turned to a grin. " Damn arrogant fool! You have not changed one bit....And it seems you have learned nothing. Its been more than 6 years..." Kezeroth stopped and eyed [member="Darth Arcanix"] hearing her voice made him roll his eyes slightly. The Sith archives was considered a place of study and rest and yet if one was quiet enough one could hear the outside noise entering in the library. A study on Coruscant what a misconception... Chuckling Kezeroth eyed [member="Darth Arcanix"].

" Are you that easy to distract Lady Arcanix?" he chuckled some. " No where in this karking place have i found a hint on how to acquire the ability known as "Deadly Sight". A powerful ability that seems lost in this era. Assistance is needed...." he said and stern his jaw showing his frustration once more. Eyeing Nulgath he smiled some.

" You two would make a interesting match, haha!"

Nulgaths stern looks changed as Kezeroth spoke confirming his thoughts. The Epicanthix placed both hands behind his back and straightened his back. " Silence... You are two-thousand years old and still have the temper of a child!" he retorted with and turned his attention to Darth Arcanix. A sith lord who spent most time studying or experimenting, that was nulgaths view any how. Bowing slightly he nodded as she requested them to be quiet. The middle aged Epicanthix could only listen for now but as soon as Kezeroth mentioned how similar he was to Arcanix, Nulgath could only smirk some not believing anyone was similar to him. His arrogance was indeed great.

After the Brute was done speaking Nulgath bowed slightly again and greeted her " Darth Arcanix, It is... wonderful to finally make your acquaintance in the flesh." he said lowly minding her request of silence and out stretched his hand to greet her as he would any Lady, But taking their hand if they accepted his greeting and lightly kissing their hand. It was something Nulgaht made habit, as it showed he was a different type of Epicanthix.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"No, but yelling and carrying on is annoying, Kezeroth," she replied coolly. Turning to the acolyte, she accepted the kiss to her hand and continued saying, "I'm surprised you actually heard of me, I tend to keep my head down and avoid too much notice unless leading an operation for the Sith."

Looking down at the book on the table, she couldn't stop the smile from forming on her lips. Oh, he had been looking in the wrong spots for that ability. Still, Deadly Sight was an interesting technique, but she had read it was incredibly taxing to use for long periods of time.

"If you're looking for something on Deadly Sight, you're looking in the completely wrong place," she laughed a little. "I've read my way through most of this archive, and the only practitioner of that technique I've heard about is a Dark Jedi named Sariss that served Palpatine and Inquisitor Jerec. There should be a book detailing her life and that technique in the section over there."

Pointing to the far wall, she bowed her head for a moment. She had to admit she was curious about applying the technique herself, it was rather rare after all and her current research was so she had a basis of where to start a galaxy-wide hunt for more unique powers.

Giving Taeli a mild smirk he slowly turned his head to the book section that she directed him to and looked at the book he had chose on his own. It was embarrassing on his part but that discomfort only made him that much determined to learn this unique ability. He wanted to master it in every way and put it to good use to serve his plans. And so with that intent he slowly walked away and quickly searched for the correct Volume that was writing on the Dark Jedi known as Sariss. The mothers and fathers of the Sith were the Dark Jedi and beneath all the Gen'dais games and fake smiles to the Sith one fact remained... He was and always would be a Dark Jedi at heart. Proclaiming himself a Sithlord was not permanent was using it to his own selfish goals. Goals that aligned with many others in the Galaxy.

Finally Finding the book, Kezeroth quickly skimmed over it to make sure this was truly the book and turned around smiling at [member="Darth Arcanix"]. Dragging his expression over to [member="Nulgath Zardai"] he slowly returned to his natural face that looked to be age and stone like with a deathly gaze. A gaze that shouted ill see you again soon in all manners. Taking himself to a table the Gen'dai took his seat and began to research at his own pace.

As his large old friend walked away looking for what he wanted the middle aged Epicanthix was only interested in [member="Darth Arcanix"] and her knowledge. With a smile he said " Well Ive been around One Sith for quite sometime, Kezeroth used to be my partner when he was considered an acolyte. Both of us were trained under Darth Praelior but after he vanished I became a Recluse dedicating myself to knowledge." He paused and stared back at Kezeroth. " Hes very strong....I admire his faith to the Darkside and tolerance for pain. I consider him a friend." he turned back to Arcanix and smiled some. Even though he left out why he was not apprenticed under Praelior anymore he was confident he could learn more from the bookworm in front of him. The Epicanthix showed some arrogance but over all was very Intelligent and knew his Sith well.

"Strangely enough, Balaya was my master as well, and is now just a friend and ally," Taeli said, brushing a hand along the shelf next to her until it rested on a recreation of an ancient political treatise from the time of Naga Sadow. "You've got your priorities straight though, gaining knowledge is much more important to me than being a . . . blunt instrument. Being smart and clever pays off in the end."

Looking over at the studying Gen'dai, which was a weird sight to begin with, she added, "He certainly embraces the Dark Side, the Sith . . . maybe not so much. But I'm not one to judge, between you and me, I'm not overly fond of many of our colleagues."

Turning to go back to her table and research, she added, "Make sure he doesn't try and remove that book from the archives. Security tags are interwoven into the spine of them to activate ray shields on the entrance. Can't have people taking stuff or else we might never get it back inside the room."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom