Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blowing off steam

Soceras. Curtis had never been to the planet, but something had made him feel drawn to it. Perhaps it was the ebb and flow of the place, or the underlying darkness of all planets like it. Stepping off the transport ship at the Port of Dal'Bor, Curtis was hit with a wave of noise, the volume of the place was amazing for a man who'd lived in the middle of nowhere for the majority of his life. He must've looked quite shell shocked by the place, but he came to his senses and moved on. He rented a small apartment near the centre of the city, since he had to leave his swordstaff behind, no use having a weapon like that somewhere like this.

After leaving his apartment, he headed to the high street. The neon lights reflected off the windows, creating rainbows across the storefronts. At the end of the road was a large sign, with the words The Dive written across it. This caught Curtis' eye, and he made his way to the door. Upon entering, he saw many people crowding round a central stage of some sort, while others drank at their own tables. Curtis found himself a seat and got comfortable, watching the people as they moved about their business.

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
As usual, The Dive was hopping. It was bustling with activity and patrons were loitered about in every which direction. All three stages were occupied, and there were even some of the dancers out on the floor, working the crowd since the club was near capacity. Anything and everything to keep the people entertained. Even the three bartenders were doing their part, offering the occasional free drink while their half-Zeltron tender did her part to push good emotions on those susceptible to them.

Out among the dancers on the floor was Lyra, doing her part to keep patrons happy between drinks she would go and collect for them. It didn't take her long to make her way to their newest patron, the occasional light catching the adornments on her attire and causing them to sparkle as she approached. She had seen him come in, and since he had seated himself in her section, she didn't hesitate.

"Welcome to The Dive," she hummed out at him, "As I'm fairly certain I haven't seen you in here before, do you have a drink preference?" Lyra never was one to just walk up and offer out a dance, at least not to those who weren't her well paying regulars. Drinks on the other hand, those she could pedal all day long.

[member="Curtis Learchin"]

Curtis watched as the woman approached, somewhat star struck by her dress. She was a good looking woman, though she was most likely dressed to impress, it was that kind of place after all. He had dressed well enough himself, having worn a suit as black as the space above the planet. When she asked his drink preference, he took a few seconds to reply, since he genuinely didn't drink very often.

"I'm pretty new to this kinda place, pretty new to drinking too. Any suggestions for a newbie?" He said, trying to be charming. The whole place seemed on edge though, and he was slightly on edge himself as a result. Maybe it was just the number of people. It was very busy after all, in fact Curtis was surprised that he been approached so quickly given the number of patrons inside the building. Service is Success he thought.

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
Both of Lyra's brows lofted, though she seemed to look amused rather than surprised. She head leaned against his table with one hand, and her fingers drummed against it for a long moment as she seemed to consider this very carefully for a moment. Then she smiled and even offered him a wink. "I know just the thing, I'll be right back." she told him, and then she stepped away.

Lyra made her way to the bar, pausing here and there to check on tables as she passed through, and ended up picking up a couple of orders along the way. The bartenders were quick to fill her requests, and once she had a tray in hand she took the time to replace or refill drinks as she worked her way back to Curtis' table.

"Alright," she let out once she got back to him. "Polanis Red," she set a wine glass down on the table in front of him and smiled once again at him. "Try that one for size, and since it's your first time here? It's on the house."

Curtis smiled as the drink was set in front of him, and was surprised to learn that it was free. An odd amount of kindness from a business out to make money. He picked up the glass and looked at the red liquid that sat inside it, before taking a sip. Its slightly bitter taste sat on his tongue for a few seconds before falling down to his stomach. It was good, better than what he could've thought of.

"Why thank you. I actually just arrived on the planet, and this place caught my eye. What kind of establishment is this exactly, doesn't really look like an ordinary bar." He wasn't complete new to drinking houses, he had been in a few. This one was the most unique by far, perhaps more lustful than the rest, but unique all the same.

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
The redheaded dancer watched him for a time, making sure that he both tried and enjoyed the drink she had brought him before she relaxed again. She would have returned to the bar for something else if he hadn't liked it, after all.

When he spoke up and questioned about The Dive, Lyra shifted just a little so that she could look around. "Well, you're not wrong there." she told him once her gaze found his face again. "The Dive is an establishment meant to create a clean, relaxing, enjoyable atmosphere. The girls who work here are all meticulously picked for their appeal, their ability to entertain, and their ability to work with people." Once again Lyra shifted, this time so that she could point around the room. "Three stages give us girls a place to dance, though when we're really busy - which is quite often - the floor becomes a second stage for those of us who serve drinks between stage routines.

"Then there are of course patron paid dances, and there are private rooms for private dances." Silver eyes moved back to Curtis and Lyra's brows were lofted in amusement. "So I have to agree, this is most definitely not your average bar."

Curtis sipped more of his drink, making brief eye contact with his waitress before looking over to the stages. Many different types of men and women surrounded the three stages, each brought to that particular one based on their own preference. The talk of private dances was enticing however, she was obviously trying to sell her services after all, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't curious. He was effectively on holiday anyway, so why not treat himself a little?

"Private dances eh? I can say for sure that I'd hire you in a heartbeat for one of those." He said with a wink and a smile. Lust was a emotion of the dark side according to the Jedi, and so Curtis was happy to indulge in it.

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
Well truth be told, Lyra hadn't been attempting to sell him anything. True enough, she was definitely going to get to that point, but in that initial moment she had merely been giving him the information he had been asking for. Not that she knew he had such thoughts of course, and by the amused smirk that lined her lips at his response? She wouldn't have been offended if his thoughts over her intentions had been aloud.

"Would you now?" she mused down at him. Lyra shifted her stance, so that she was no longer leaned with her weight against the table. Instead she laid her hands against her hips and her head canted a bit to one side. "It just so happens that I currently have nowhere I need to be." she informed him and her head turned so that she could look towards a dimly lit hallway. "And it looks as if there are empty rooms to boot."

Curtis smiled as the waitress leaned closer, though he kept his hands to himself. Even though he hadn't been to a place like this before, he knew that with any service, you're usually not allowed to touch unless you're making a purchase. His vision followed hers to the hallway, and he felt both excited and a bit worried at the prospect.

"If that's the case, then maybe we can arrange something." He said softly, very aware that the eyes of a bouncer were on him now. Standard procedure most likely, and he wasn't really equipped to deal with backlash for bad behaviour. "Lead the way."

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
There was only a moment of thought on Lyra's face, and then she smiled and nodded her head as she extended her hand towards him and wiggled her fingers. Whether he took the offered hand or not, Lyra turned so that she could begin leading him away to that very hallway where the rooms were located. They didn't have to venture down it far, and a door was reached for and then pushed open. The redhead stood aside, allowing for Curtis to go inside first.

The room was unique like all of the others, and once they were inside Lyra shut the door behind her and the switch on the very inside of the wall was flipped upwards. It turned the dim light on, on the outside, signifying that the room was in use. The redhead then stood aside and waited for her new patron to make himself comfortable - or whatever it was he was going to do.

Curtis took her hand and let her lead him to the private room, and entered into the luxurious chamber ahead of his guide. He quickly found himself a seat, and placed his glass on the table in front of him. The room was a neon pink, and the seating was a lovely type of leather that made it extremely comfortable to sit on.

"So here we are, locked away from the world outside." He said, rather unsure of where to go from here. "Do you have many patrons then? Bet you hear all kinds of stories." His intent for that night was not to acquire information, however if there was anything he could learn, it might prove valuable later.

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
Once he had seated himself, Lyra moved closer. She was just in reach of being able to be touched, but that was the gist of it for the time being. She eyed his drink, taking note that she would have to call out to make sure something more was brought to him, and then her gaze lifted back to his.

"I most definitely have a plethora of patrons," she answered him easily enough. "And I have heard enough stories in my time working here to fill a holobook, I'm sure." she looked amused by this fact. "And I'm even willing to wager that it would be a best seller."

Curtis took another sip of his drink, and took a moment to look over the woman stood infront of him. She was easy on the eyes, and most likely rather good at keeping secrets. He was leaning forward slightly, but made sure not to touch her unless allowed to. Last thing he wanted was to be using the force in a place like this, that would attract unwanted attention.

"I wonder how many of those men are Jedi, even the most stoic must need to relax." He was only probing her for answers, he had no intention of using her as an informer, although maybe that would be a good idea. "What exactly do you do once you have a man in here then? Nothing unfriendly I hope." He joked, taking another sip of his wine.

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
At some point, Lyra's hands had fallen against her hips, and now her fingers drummed against her skin as she seemed to think about what he had said for a moment. "I would imagine plenty of them are attuned with the Force in one way or another. Jedi, Sith, somewhere in between." Her shoulders shrugged. "Most don't discuss those sorts of details between drinks and dances."

His joke made her laugh softly, and she gave a playfully shifty look at him in return. "Damn, you've caught onto my act! Whatever am I going to do with you now that you're onto me?"

"I can think of a few things, whether or not you do them is up to you." Curtis retorted, finishing his drink. His hand instinctively went to his hip, resting on top of hers. He wondered if the rooms were soundproof, if they were still being watched by hidden cameras. Who knew what could happen in these rooms after all, for all she knew, she was locked inside with a pyscho.

"You'll have to tell me some of the stories you've heard, I imagine men say many things after drinking." He said, gesturing to his now empty glass. "Who knows, maybe some of them are actually true."

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
Both of Lyra's brows lofted at that particular response from him, and when his hand rested over hers, she didn't even flinch. The redhead was so used to people touching her that it really didn't phase her anymore. "I suppose that would depend entirely on what those things you can think of are." she pointed out to him.

When he finished off his drink, Lyra's head turned just long enough to glance towards the inner most wall of the room where an obvious comm was, but she didn't move to go to it just yet. Instead her gaze drifted back down to him. "If I didn't know any better, I would think that you're trying to fish for information." she stated, her smirk broadening just a tad.

"Information is always useful, no matter what it is you do for a living." He said, sounding slightly stern in his reply. He wasn't trying to act annoyed or angry, and he hoped he wasn't coming off touchy. That was not a look he wanted to have. "As for what those things are, I expect that you have a speciality?" Most workers in a place like this had skills that suited their role, and he guessed that she was much the same.

From what he could sense, he wasn't in any danger from her directly, unless she found out his role in the galaxy. Sith were hated in most places across the galaxy, and for good reason. He wasn't new to violence, or getting information through other means, but unless he needed to, he would restrain himself in this place.

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
"Seems that in this case, information touches a nerve." Lyra stated, though there was no flatness or even a change in her tone at her reply. She kept her professionalism in tact and didn't even flinch at the sternness that his tone had taken.

"As for a speciality, I don't think I differ too far from one girl to the next. We all do the same thing here, after all. Serve drinks, dance, and listen." To be perfectly honest, the club would be one of the most fruitful places to garner information, because most of the patrons had absolutely no problems spilling their guts to the dancers. One on one or not. It was a silent network already, without even being established as such.

Curtis lent forward, closer to her face. He gave a smile and a nod, thinking of her dancing wasn't unpleasant at all. Her talk of information and her listening to customers peaked his interest again, if they knew things that could help in his search for power then that would be useful. Although she could just know who is cheating on who's wife.

"I apologise, it didn't mean to turn so serious. Perhaps more drink will help relax us both?" He said, the last of the wine's taste leaving his mouth. "When you say dance, what kind do you mean? Not the Echani type I hope?"

[member="Lyra Diantha"]

Lyra Diantha

L
Lyra's eyelids drooped a little, not quite to half mast, but pretty close. Her head canted a bit to the side, letting loose curls droop in favor of the way her head was tipped. She eyed him this way for a long moment, and then she shrugged a shoulder slowly. "No need to apologize. I wasn't offended." she assured him. And then she got up and stepped away from him in a single, fluid movement so that she could go to the comm on the wall and request that more wine be brought.

She then stepped away from the wall, but remained stood so that when the new wine was brought, she was already up and could get it. But his inquiry made her laugh softly and she shook her head. "Rest assured, no Echani style from me." she stated with a slight smirk of her own. "Though I know a girl, if that's what you're looking for." she teased.

( [member="Curtis Learchin"] I'm sorry! I thought I had replied to this already! >.<)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom