Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood, Speeders and Morality

Kung Seilois

Freelancer Extraordinaire
"This was a part of your pla-...? What the FECK was that, Sei?! Nononono, you stay away!" Seilois jerked his head to the right as the sudden yell echoed in his ear. He wasn't sure why he was so surprised, but it was easy for him to forget how most people in the universe weren't like him. They weren't raised and conditioned to kill as he was. He couldn't remember much of that part of his life as it was all one drug fueled haze or pain-induced frenzy.

"Feck..." Seilois slowed his walk. He wasn't sure why, but he... regretted it. He wasn't sure why, or what part of it he regretted, and honestly, he couldn't remember the last time he felt such a thing, but despite his mind telling him it was a good thing, that it was better she get used to killing now before it cost her own life, he still could not shake the regret that sat heavily in his stomach. He ignored the people running by to the crash, some running to help, others to scavenge before the Security Forces could show up, but he kept his hazel eyes trained on the ship as he closed.

The Rodian girl, Cindo, and Jennifer were standing at the top of the ramp, and Jennifer looked... different. Deflated. Defeated. Confused. Lost... He wasn't sure what word would best describe it, nor was he sure on what to say. Normally, he would ignore her, giver her the cut, and leave, but he felt somewhat responsible for her current condition, but he wasn't equipped in dealing with people when trying to offer support, "You did," he said, his voice level and almost cold sounding to his own ears, "Well."

[member="Jen"]

As Seilois approached, Jennifer was standing with her back turned to the entrance of the ramp, quietly trying to explain to Cindo what had happened. Cindo had seen him approach and had quieted down, looking towards him with little emotion. Or well, it was hard to figure out what Rodian felt as most of their face were covered by their huge round black eyes. Jennifer continued to stand with her back turned, almost frozen for a second or two, waiting for him to talk.

"You did. Well." He had said plainly, perhaps even in a cold manner. Before Jennifer could gather the courage to say anything Cindo broke in, taking a single step forth to look down towards Seilois at the other end of the ramp.

"And what's that supposed to mean? Huh? She trusted you and you just set her up into this-.. Into this.. Bwagh.. Just give her the cut and then get out of here." Cindo had said angrily, trying to defend her friend to the best she could. As she was finished talking she leaned a bit backwards, worry suddenly shown on her face as she looked towards Jennifer which had started to sob, standing with her arms hanging to either side of her. Cindo shaked her head and pink hair faintly, embracing Jennifer.

"I fecking killed him.. My g-.. Shoite.."
Jennifer mumbled in the same manner as when Seilois had last heard her talk, memories of her past awoken.

@Kung Seilois​

Kung Seilois

"And what's that supposed to mean? Huh? She trusted you and you just set her up into this-.. Into this.. Bwagh.. Just give her the cut and then get out of here." Trusted him? She made a mistake. Trusting tended to end just like this. Perhaps it was for her good as the girl needed to learn the real nature of the galaxy. Next time, someone who deceives her won't intend to let her live as he did. He wasn't sure what to do as Cindo moved to hold Jennifer who seemed to be falling apart. He wanted to tell them he had to go to the drop as he never carried more then a few hundred credits on him at any one time. Having all his money in one place was a bad idea and his bodysuit didn't have a lot of pockets to hold it in.

"I fecking killed him.. My g-.. Shoite.." Jennifer mumbled, and he turned his eyes to her. He still did not understand why she was so... in shock? It was a simple job, she didn't know the boy, why did she care if he was dead? But... she had better stay quiet as if she talked too loud someone would overhear, and he would have to hunt them down to silence the loose end. It wasn't for himself that he was worried as he lived on his ship, but he told them they would not get in trouble for this, and he tended to keep his word. For the most part. Minor details may be altered.

"You did not kill him," Seilois said, "I did. As did the people who are paying me,"

He wasn't sure why he was telling her this, but he was stuck. Seilois was not good at connecting with people, and so had no idea on how to do this. Part of him wanted to just leave and let her deal with her own problems as he did, but a part of him told him to fix this, "The galaxy is not a kind place. What happened was not your doing. The boy would have died no matter what, if I had not done it, another would have. At least he was granted a quick death."

[member="Jen"]

"The galaxy is not a kind place. What happened was not your doing. The boy would have died no matter what, if I had not done it, another would have. At least he was granted a quick death." Jennifer had a hard time being heard as she responded to this, most of her sentence either muffled out by her head burried in Cindos shoulder and by her now relatively quiet sob. Normally she wouldn't have been crying like this, she too had a hard time confronting feelings and that struggle was perhaps more intense now than what was visible from the outside, for it seemed both chaotic and overwhelming as multiple thoughts flew through her head all at once.

On one hand she really wanted to become angry because he tricked had her, she felt cheated in some way or another, on the other she wanted to forget as memories of her youth were currently sneaking into her mind like a virus tainting her thoughts. And. On the third, if someone existed with three hands that was, she just wanted to go somewhere quiet and try to forget. At least try to. Just for a while.

Jennifer took a step back from Cindo, inhalling the air deeply through her nose as she turned to look towards Seilois, merely looking at him for a second or two, a weak and fake smile on her face, not fake as in spicy nor cruel, simply not showing her true emtions, she probably wasn't happy at this point in time, that was for sure.

"Just get me the credits..."
She muttered just as weakly as her smile, in a tone indicating that she had given up. As she had said that she was about to turn, doubting herself for a moment as if she wanted to say something, shrugging it off and pretending to wait for Seilois' answer instead of turning her whole back to him, half turned towards the entrance and him.

@Kung Seilois​

Kung Seilois

"Just get me the credits..." Seilois nodded his head understanding. She wanted this to be over, and for that, he could understand, "I said that you would accompany me to the drop site," He paused before pulling out his blaster pistol and laying on the ramp, "No more tricks. No more deception. You have come this far, now finish it as strong as you started."

He didn't really need for her to come with him, and a part of him preferred it if she stayed so that he could start on forgetting her and this entire situation, but Seilois felt he should have her accompany him for reasons that he was unsure of. He could not change what happened, he could not change her opinion in the short walk to the drop point... but he did so anyways. His own actions confused him.

[member="Jen"]

No more tricks. No more deception. You have come this far, now finish it as strong as you started." Sei had said, greeted by a strange mix of a sigh and whiff from Jennifer, she nodded, waving off Cindo as she looked in disbelief at Jennifer.

One could have noticied Jennifers hand run over one of her backpockets that was attached to her trousers as if checking if the object normally in there was there now too. Seeming content, as content as she currently could be, with the equipment in it she slowly walked down the ramp, pushing the pistol longer up the ramp towards Cindo with her foot when she passed it, her face dull as she looked about.

"I'll follow you. Just walk." She said not looking towards Sei, yet still paying attention to him.

@Kung Seilois​

Kung Seilois

"I'll follow you. Just walk." Seilois felt the tug on the corner of his lips. It was almost like he was a hostage. He didn't miss the way she touched the back of her pants, and perhaps she was ensuring her weapon was still there and was prepared to kill him. Either for what he did or if he tried to trick her again. Better. Seilois acknowledged as he did as he was told, turning on his heel and walking down the street.

It wasn't far off, just a few blocks, and Seilois pushed and slid between the crowd of people that gathered, or were gathering, to examine the burning wreckage. He didn't take much note of the surroundings as his attention was focused internally trying to discover why he was taking so much risk and care with the young girl behind him. He had not looked back once to ensure she was following him or wasn't holding a blaster to his spine, and Seilois wasn't getting paranoid of the fact that he wasn't looking. If anything, his lack of paranoia was scaring him more then she was.

Finally, he stopped in front of a small house block, and bent down towards the rocks, "This is where he was going," Seilois said even though he wasn't sure why he was saying it, "His mistress, a young woman, lives here."

Seilois yanked up on a small drainage grate that came out with a groan as the metal slid against the concrete. In side the small area where the grate used to cover was a small box, "I am going to check it for bombs... but for that I need my knife which is in my right boot," He said carefully as he didn't want to scare her by reaching for it.

[member="Jen"]

"His mistress, a young woman, lives here." "Aha.." Jennifer had muttered, glancing towards it only briefly, both her arms placed akwardly on her hips, one hand definitely still above the same pouch she checked before. She glanced towards Sei to observe his motions and what he was doing, seeming more on alert as they now finally stood still again, unsure what to do she started to tap her feet against the floor underneath, making tiny bump noises.

"I am going to check it for bombs... but for that I need my knife which is in my right boot," Of course he had another weapon, believing she was safe was stupid, she sighed, taking a step back away from him. "Go ahead then.." Jennifer said as relaxed as possible, her right hand which were resting on the pouch tensed up. She didn't believe that he would attack, he.. He wouldn't.. Right? You could never be too sure though.. Not after what happened last time she put blind trust in him. The noise from her feet against the concrete still, perhaps annoyingly, heard.

@Kung Seilois​

Kung Seilois

"Go ahead then.." Seilois gave a small nod to show he heard, slowly reaching back, he pulled out the six inch blade and leaned forward again reaching into the grate. He gently placed the knife on the bottom of the box, and used the tip to life it, checking the reflection on the knife for any wires, odd shapes, or sudden weight changes. Fairly satisfied, he slowly slid the knife along the bottom, checking to ensure there was no surprises. Slowly, and with steady hands, he gently pulled the box out, and set it against the concrete.

Once again, he gently slipped the knife into the box, and slowly slide it around the lid, moving very slow and careful in case he hit a wire or other trap. Finding nothing, he angled the tip of the knife to slowly lift the lid up. He leaned down, switching his helmet's vision to night vision as he peered into the box. Once again, he found nothing. He slid the knife back into his boot and pulled off the lid. Sitting at the bottom of the box were thirteen credit chips, each worth one thousand.

"If you want to kill me. Now would be the time," Seilois said pushing the box away from him.

[member="Jen"]

"If you want to kill me. Now would be the time," Jennifer had raised an eyebrow at this remark, finding it almost absurd to hear, for a second she just stared at him, smiling sadly and slightly, just for a fraction of a second as she jauntily replied: "I've already put one out today.. That's more than enough, S-.." She almost said his name, almost. She had to remember that she was still mad at him, that she at least told herself, she had to be. Cutting herself off from the thoughts she hurriedly turned her attention to the case instead, bending down picking out two with her left hand in a swift motion, securing them in her pocket.

"Are we done now?" She asked as she stood back up, her voice having returned to the dull voice that didn't seem to belong to her at all. The one she had been using since the 'accident', except a second ago.

@Kung Seilois​

Kung Seilois

"I've already put one out today.. That's more than enough, S-.." Seilois nodded in acceptance on his knees, the box cradled in his hands, his back still facing her. He hadn't lied. He had no intention of dying, but with his knife secured in his boot, whatever weapon she may have, and him on the ground before it; it would be the best chance to kill him. He didn't want to see her sulk, grow bitter, and decide to come after him in order to cleanse a 'taint' in her soul. He had that happen once, and he did not wish for her to travel down that path.

"Are we done now?" Closing the box, Seilois stood noting that her voice had gone dead again. Was it intentional? To remind herself why she was mad? He didn't know. Understanding the hearts of others was never something he was good at, and more over, something he never practiced, "Just one more thing," Seilois said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a datapad, "This contains information, such as my ships comline and my personal comlink, take it."

Knowing she might reject, he forged ahead, "Sometime. Someday. You may need my help. This section of Coruscant is not a nice place. If you ever find yourself on the run, hounded by Coruscant Security, or with a price on your head. Call me. I can always use help on jobs, I will try and only send... jobs that don't require killing."

And for, hopefully, the final time; he was left surprised by his own actions. He had never offered to help anyone for in return for anything but credits. He would need some drinks once this was all said and done.

[member="Jen"]

"Just one more thing," Seilois had said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a datapad, Jennifer had tensed up for just a second, but caught herself in it, scratching the back of her head. "This contains information, such as my ships comline and my personal comlink, take it. Sometime. Someday. You may need my help. This section of Coruscant is not a nice place. If you ever find yourself on the run, hounded by Coruscant Security, or with a price on your head. Call me. I can always use help on jobs, I will try and only send... jobs that don't require killing." Jennifer had been startled by this, avoiding his eyes as she decided to take it, extending a hand to grab it, quickly looking at the screen and then putting it in one of her pockets, unknowingly to herself dropping her hand from the pouch where the potential weapon lay, casually putting it in her trouser pocket instead.

"Thanks.." She had simply muttered, taking a long step back from him, unsure what to do she gave a small weak smile and nod his way, waiting a few seconds before turning to wander off, nah, he wasn't forgiven, not yet at least. But perhaps Jennifer had realized, that maybe, just maybe he contained some good too. The world wasn't painted in only black and white colors after all. It had been a shame that the Calumet Sixty Special had to go though.. It had been a really fine speeder indeed.

@Kung Seilois

Kung Seilois

"Thanks.." Seilois nodded, he was glad she decided to take the datapad as it did make him feel slightly better about the whole situation. Of course, he had left his blaster pistol on her ship, but it was a simple matter to get a new one. They might need it more then he, that and, he needed some distance to figure out what exactly was going on with him. He had no intention of going soft as that ended up getting people killed. People don't last as long as him in this business if they weren't willing to do what had to be done.

"Keep the pistol I left on the ship, you may need it sometime. Farewell, Jennifer," Seilois said extending his hand to her. The job had been more... draining and confusing then he had anticipated.

[member="Jen"]

Jennifer stood a few steps away from him as he said farewell, reaching out his gloved hand. She smiled weakly raising a hand with two fingers streatched out to her forehead and then waved her hand out, just as some soldiers would, perhaps just more relaxed.​
"Save the handshakes for other, more important, people. Sei." She had said letting out a deep and soft sigh as she turned on her heels, starting to walk off. "Don't worry, I'll take care of the pistol." She stopped for a second, looking over her left shoulder, blinked and then continued on her way. She wouldn't be surprised if they met again someday, it was one of those feelings. A feeling of certainty. Perhaps.​
That's it then? :eek: Or what? :p Was a lovely thread at least! ^.^

@Kung Seilois​

Kung Seilois

"Save the handshakes for other, more important, people. Sei," Closing his hand, Seilois brought it back down to the side of his leg, letting it hang useless. It was a bittersweet moment. She was back to saying his name, or well, a part of his name as she once did, but apparently did not wish to shake hands with him, did she see shaking his hand as the same as shaking the hands of the people who ordered the boy dead?

"Don't worry, I'll take care of the pistol," Seilois gave one nod to show he understood. It wasn't his gun anymore, it was hers. He watched her leave until she was out of sight; they would meet again. Of that he was sure, he wasn't sure why he was, but it was just a feeling. The Universe was never simple enough to let this be just one of her repressed memories.

Turning on his heel, he walked down the street. It was time to leave Coruscant.

Yep, we did it! :D

[member="Jen"]

@Kung Seilois
:D xD

b40d65d0e1ae4320f45dc8121569f3b1.png

I'll find the door myself. <.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom