Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood of Kings

Upon hearing the Imperator's judgement Maracel was quite disappointed. The Directorate had recently conquered Brentaal IV and Corulag after Maracel's Pre-Rindili Shell Campaign to secure control of one of the most important planets within the Galaxy. Brentaal IV was intending to become the Economic center of Yorkell Industries and complete it's transformation into a massive Industrial Empire , not to mention Maracel could freeze the assets of his rivals within Corellia. However Maracel was a cautious planner and would have the territory nevertheless as he decided that it would be best to withdraw from Brentaal IV and prepare a Contigency Plan

As [member="Tobias Dracks"] spoke , Maracel looked at him and as he ended his statement Maracel moved forth to speak. "I shall accept the claims of Tobias Dracks and shall prepare my own campaign to secure the Corellian Sector for the Imperium. As the Councilor of Balmorra i already control one of their most vital planets. " Then Maracel turned to [member="Cedric Grayson"]. "In addition to this my Liege the Directorate possesses many Shipbuilding Facilities throughout the Core Worlds as well as 2 Spaarti Cloning Facilities on Byss and Khomm. Soon we will be able to mass produce an Armada for the Imperium as well as a Million man Clone Army for the Imperium within Weeks."

Tags : @Shran

This concluded most of what had been on Cedric's mind. There was more to discuss, of course, but action was required before anything more could be undertaken by the Imperium. He gave each of the lords a nod.

"That is good to hear Tobias. I hope to see them utilized well on Empress Teta," Cedric replied approvingly. His gaze traveled to Maracel then as he spoke of clones and armies. The two words together made something in Cedric's gut twist.

"Careful there Maracel. Whilst I am not against cloning in particular, I have no desire to see our Imperium's military staffed with what are essentially slaves. Clones tend to breed rebellion. It is in their nature," his brow furrowed, "We will speak more on this. For now, we must prepare for Empress Teta. I intend to have this affair over and done with in the next two weeks."

He paused for a moment, "I will accompany you, but the three of you will be leading the assault." He wished to test their mettle. Coruscant had been a difficult beast to tame, but it was not united in its resistance. Teta would be an entirely different beast.

"Before we adjourn, is there anything you wish to bring up?"

[member="Maracel Yorkell II"], [member="Tobias Dracks"], @Shran

Once he was a great friend, once he was a brother that Mythos himself would have given his life for. The Sith Lich spent his days in the black sarcophagus in Atrisia or the Golden one in Ankhypt to keep his power and form intact.

Something had rumbled Mythos from his slumber, a disturbance in the force has rustled the Sith Lich from his sleep. For two galactic weeks his oracles divined and slaved over focusing irises searching for the power that had awoken the sorcerer Magnus. When the visage came of the Great Jedi Lord Cedric, amplified by the sight of his Anubian oracles Mythos knew why he had awoken.

With the Cortan Blade's stealth features and his decades of Sith Assassin training it was not difficult to find, infiltrate and arrive at the stained glass window of the Ancient Room that had once housed one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time. From his perch Mythos saw several figures; [member="Tobias Dracks"] a reptilian Warlord. [member="Shran "]a Chiss Noble by the looks of it. [member="Maracel Yorkell II"] a Human.

Only one radiated the mastery and control over the force, only one was he here to see however, Mythos wished to play a game, a cruel game but one that would answer many questions about the galaxy in his absence.

Using his mentalist powers and his mastery of illusion Mythos took a form, perfect in its execution and detail. He would appear clad in the Jedi Lord Armor and his body and face would be of Darth Mephirium, of Cyril Grayson. So fine and profound was his knowledge of Cyril that he was even able to imitate his thoughts and force presence, his aura and his tone of voice, most importantly his eyes.

"My son... [member="Cedric Grayson"]. How you have grown"

Shran had just begun to open his mouth to speak when the voice of a man cut him off from behind. Shran turned to see the source of the voice and much to his displeasure, saw a man dressed in Jedi robes. Had Shran not been in the presence of Cedric, he would've allowed his eyes to roll as he processed what what he saw.

Great, now there are two of them. This is getting out of hand. The Empire doesn't have time to regroup if more Jedi are just going to crawl out of the woodwork this quickly...

@Mythos @Cedric Grayson [member="Maracel Yorkell II"] @Tobius Dracks

-- Tobias bowed his head as the Imperator finished up. It seemed their litter argument would last no longer for the Emperor of their new Kingdom was at the limit of their arguing. Tobias would not let these worlds fall into Imperial Hands. They belonged to the Republic.

-- It was then that another being walked in and spoke to the Imperator with intent of familiarity. He looked at the man and nodded. "If you excuse me my Liege, I have preparations for the Invasion."

-- The new High Lord of the Grayson Imperium walked towards the door and allowed his shoulder cape flow behind him. However in a gust of the cape and flow of his hand in a quick fashion he pulled out a Blaster Pistol. The weapon was pointed the the False Jedi that pretended to be the dead man he knew was dead.

-- In a loud tone of voice and annoyance the Reptilian looked at the man who attempted to be the Hero of the Old Republic. "Master Cyril Grayson is dead, I saw his spirit in the Neatherworld, he died on Atrisia with the Sith Lords of the Dominion." He pressed his barrel against the impostors head, "Who are you."

-- Tobias looked at the other Nobility here in hopes that they would take the hint, all knew Imperator Cedrics Grayson's father was dead. Everyone heard of the death of the Sith Lord Mepherium at the hands of the Galactic Alliance. Only his master and the crew of Mando's Loot though saw the being Mepherium became, a Force Ghost to rival a god. No mortal being could absorb that spirit with hopes of living. This impostor was a fake, or a being of god like status.

[member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="Maracel Yorkell II"] | @Shran

One shifted in his seat, the other reached for his blaster and placed it against the cold metal of the Ancient Jedi Armor Grayson himself had left Veire behind. Mythos had found no use for it until now. The reptilian's speed was incredible, before he could react he had a blaster on his head. Mythos smiled under the helmet and slowly turned to face the blaster then slowly removed his helmet. He was very careful not to make sudden movements as he removed the headgear.

Mephirium died with Mythos along with several others to form the Force Storm and the Dead Scar, all of their essences coalesced in a beautiful symphony of darkness that still existed today. Grayson would always be a part of him, every Sith Lord there was a part of Mythos and Mythos of them in whatever ethereal form they contained.

Mythos could replicate all 5 Sith Lords with his illusions to be a perfect visual replica. When he removed his helmet the sight would be the exact visage of the fallen Sith Lord or Jedi depending on the time. His scars, the color of his hair and all imperfections at the moment of his death.

But Grayson wasn't just a sight, he was also power. Mythos raised his armor clad hand and using the force disassembled via telekinesis the blaster pistol while still in the hand of the reptilian warrior leaving each individual part of the weapon visible and levitating before re-assembling the weapon in the hand of the warrior.

He did make a slight change to the weapon.

"Front sight post was off a few centimeters friend" When he spoke again he did so with the slightest hint of a smirk and evident to the sound of his voice being the same.

[member="Tobias Dracks"]

As Grayson responded , Maracel was quite surprised. Indeed clones where only produced for war and were essentially Slaves , but before Maracel could reply another man entered the room and quickly took the form of a Jedi who greatly resembled Cedric and soon addressing him as Son. Maracel was surprised , the father of Cedric Grayson in person. He was surprised as records according to the DIA stated that the man was dead. But then Tobias Dracks stood up and turned his blaster on the imposter. However the imposter simply disassembled and reassembled the blaster of Tobias Dracks clearly indicating the possibility of the imposter being a threat.

Cedric who is this imposter. Someone you know or someone who wants your head. I clearly see it’s either one of them.” Maracel then put his hand on his blaster incase something went wrong and took out his comlink and contacted the captain of his Supercommandos. “Captain Hunter , we have an issue here and i will soon need backup. Remain on standby unless i order otherwise” With that Maracel looked at the Jedi waiting for his next move.

[member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="Shran "]| [member="Tobias Dracks"]

"You clearly see it's one of them huh?" Mythos stated humorously before nodding to the reptilian. He hoped at least he would get it, why then should he still be humoring them? He turned his visage to the human and smirked in his direction.

"Yes my son, I'm clearly after your head seeing as I handed the weapon pointed at my head right back to your warlord here." His tone was somber but laced with sarcasm, his eyes lingered on the nervous and jumpy human.

"What's wrong with all of you?" He asked finally turning his attention back to Cedric and shooting him a wink, if he had remembered his olden visits to Artisia he might have recognized Mythos' body language. "It looks like you have seen a ghost." He further teased the men around him, to him the resurrection of powerful force users was rather common, but he could understand why these commoners were shocked.

"I don't have much time my son, the power of Mythos' portal grants me only so much time. I have come to give you this."

With his words a pyramid like stone floated from his armor to the center of the room. The artifact itself was carved by Mythos himself to be a sister to the Ancient Eye, a smaller, less powerful but incredibly useful tool. The small pyramid radiated energy, dark energy twisted in the dead scar of Jar'Kai but forged in the Black Pyramid of Ankhypt.

"This is the Eye of the Magnus, a divination stone carved by my old friend and your guardian angel Lord Mythos. It will allow you to seek and see the future, to scry and gaze at tomorrow my son. Use it well."

Now came the game, Mythos sought to give him this tool however he needed to know before he left what Mephirium's son would look at in the future. Was it war? Famine? Luck? The location of a loved one or a tool? Or... would he look to Ession?
[member="Maracel Yorkell II"] [member="Tobias Dracks"]

The Blade of Ruusan would make short work of this specter. He reached for the weapon as soon as the apparition appeared. Just days ago, Cedric's padawan [member="Loske Matson"] had allowed him to join her on a journey into the past. Via the ancient power of flow-walking, Cedric had been allowed to see his father's greatest triumph here in this very room as if he'd been there the day it happened. that image had turned his stomach with disgust, for Darth Mepihrium was not Cyril Grayson, but a monster walking about in his father's flesh.

His hand rested upon the weapon as he reached out into the empyrean, divining the invisible tendrils that bound this being to the mortal plane. There was a deception here, the illusion of some idea made corporeal. Whomever it was, Cedric was absolutely certain it was neither his father, nor someone he called ally.

The caster had a great deal of confidence pulling off a stunt like this. Perhaps too much.

With grim purpose, the Jedi Master strode up to the illusion. He eyed the item floating between them, realization hardening his features.

"This is a tool of the Bogan." He reached out for it, the item cold in his hands. The Jedi held it up high so that all in the room might observe it, his gaze shooting back to the illusion. "I have no use or tolerance for such heresy, all seeing or not."

He called upon the empyrean, and it jumped to meet him. That power was channeled into his fingertips, and with an exertion of effort, Cedric Grayson would attempt to crush the Eye of Magnus in his palm.

[member="Mythos"], [member="Maracel Yorkell II"], [member="Tobias Dracks"], @Shran

Mythos stood and watched as finally Cedric was moved from his seat. He watched the force move around at his command, it was a sight to behold. To the untrained eye nothing would seem to happen but to eyes of Mythos and Cedric it was a clash. It was subtle but it was a clash none the less. The dark and the light met at the Eye of the Magnus.

The artifact slowly levitated and was brought high for all to see, this was what Mythos was waiting for. The Jedi however did something Mythos did not expect, Mythos brought him a tool, a powerful divination artifact capable of looking into the future, an ability almost none in the galaxy could even attempt.

As he approached the item Mythos observed his facial expression. He noticed that the presence of Bogan of the artifact fought the presence of the blade of Russan. As much as Cedric and Mythos' essence clashed so too did both of their respective items clashed as well.

Mythos made no moves, he made no attempts to protect or manipulate the eye. The force rushed to destroy it, it did so at the command of the Jedi with a rush of light that briefly blinded the illusion. When the eye was destroyed it unleashed a blast of light that made Mythos' illusion dissapear and in its place the full figure of the Sith Lord could be appreciated.

The visage of Mephirium turned into the golden haired body of Lord Mythos, his eyes turned red and his body about a foot smaller in stature. The revelation and the trick was over.

"Incredible..." He mouthed as something remained where the Eye of the Magnus once was. In his act of destroying the artifact using the light he had done something else to it, something Mythos could not understand at this time.

What stood before them glowing in blue light was a type of rock carved crystal similar to quartz. It was strong in the force, radiated light and hummed on it's own. The properties, abilities and nature of the stone were unknown, indecipherable, it felt... alive. In the palm of the Jedi's hand something pulsed with blinding light and beat like a heart.

He turned to eye the Jedi with a face of total perplexity. What had just happened? What did they, or he, just create? And why had he turned a tool Mythos had created for his use into... whatever this was?

"Y-you could have seen tomorrow, the battles ahead, the schemes of those who plot your demise" He spoke in his voice, a tone of pleading and confusion spiced in his tone.

"Why?" Mythos asked again, shaking his head in disbelief. He could not harm Cedric, He could not use his mentalism to brainwash him or coerce him, but he did not understand.

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

His suspicions were confirmed.

Keenly aware of the the presence of the three lords, Cedric was rather conservative in the way he expressed himself. His expression was one of stony vindication. The Bogan was cast from this place - it would never find a home on Coruscant ever again.

"The path of the Bogan is the path to damnation Mythos. I appreciate your friendship to my father, but his actions destroyed him." Cedric's tone was nearly emotionless. He gestured a hand all around the room. "A friend allowed me to Flow Walk with her. I saw him slaying the emperor, the look in his eyes. Cyril Grayson was gone. He was consumed by the shadow."

The Jedi shook his head as he eyed the crystal that floated between them.

"I walk a different path. I will see order and morality restored to the galaxy, and it won't be using the means of the Bogan to bring that about. The Ashla shows me all that I need to see." He paused, expression softening.

His gaze centered on Mythos. "The path you walk will destroy you Mythos. It makes you a pawn." Cedric offered an open hand. "Let go of it. I can teach you to see the Light, to know it, to love it as I do."

[member="Mythos"], [member="Maracel Yorkell II"], [member="Tobias Dracks"], @Shran

The mind of Ancient Evil worked differently than the mind of man, Mythos was special even in this. He simply could not comprehend why anyone would burn themselves in the light, in the power that had killed his people. To hear this from the blood of his blood, of He who shed blood with him on The Day of Reckoning was beyond astounding.

Mythos quickly deduced that perhaps Cedric did not know how His own blood died. Perhaps the Jedi had spun a spell that clouded his vision. But he could not detect any power other than The Blade of Russan.

"Cedric your father was murdered, I am the sole living thing that walks the Galaxy who can speak of that day. I am beyond the Dark Side or Bogan, one alone has never been enough." His voice was stone as his yellow eyes seemed to reflect the blue of the stone. It felt like standing once again before the Wall of Light, it did not consume him but it was a blinding light.

"He was killed defending a World that was not his, His actions saved countless lives." His voice rumbled with power as he showed the Jedi the scars over his flesh, literal chains that kept his soul tethered to his body through the most foul of rituals. But through the light... he could read them.

Upon contact with the light the scars would reveal their true form as tattoos drawn with blades. They told the story of five figures uniting to form a single foul monster that protected the World.

"I alone know the truth not because I'm a Sith or use oracles but because I normally keep myself twelve feet underground hauling what time wants to keep hidden. Your fathers actions did not kill him, The Enemy did."

His eyes narrowed, He must know the truth and now Mythos could finally peice it all together. "Our Enemy. A Shadow that sleeps behind all factions, pieces and deals that connect through time. I know who they are and The Grayson Line is their most hated enemy."

He took one step into the light, the act making blood drip down his nose and eyes. Through clenched teeth He spoke once again with his mind to Credric alone.

"That I have a problem with."

Mythos spoke of his father. The Sith Lord did not understand just how wrong of a time it was to be speaking on the the topic. Recent happenings had more than soured the Jedi Master's opinion on his progenitor's decisions, though he bore no ill will toward the man himself.

Even still, one must always be diplomatic. Were it any other Sith, Cedric would have seen them put in chains, or dealt with by more primitive means. Mythos had never been a danger to him however - the older man was loyal to his friendship with the Graysons, even if it was a rather odd one.

It was for that reason and that reason alone that Cedric responded cordially. "We have differences in doctrine Mythos. The people that killed my father were not Jedi - they were Sith in all but name," he said simply, "That being said, this is not the place nor the way you should have approached this. Not in front of my people," he sighed, "I agree, however, the true enemy remains the same." A pause. "Return to your people Mythos. Coruscant and her people walk in the Ashla now. They won't have much patience for a Sith. The only reason you aren't in cuffs right now is because of your friendship to my friendly, and your benevolent intentions."

His brow furrowed. "Meeting adjourned, High Lords, Duke," he nodded toward the group, before clapping a hand on Mythos' shoulder to lead him out of the office. "Now, explain to me this shadow you speak of."

[member="Mythos"]

It was harder to breathe now, even a Titan of War clad in shadow and pain could not stand before the Blade of Russan for long. Let alone the Blade and whatever that blue stone was now.

As Cedric spoke Mythos had to sit down, his words echoed as if he was underwater. It took all of his training and focus to keep himself awake.

He used Cedric as a pillar to stand, holding his hand tight in his own to walk outside the office. As soon as they were out of sight he collapsed in the wall and used it to straighten his back and look up to the Jedi.

Delirium took over slightly but not enough to knock the Sith out entirely. Slowly he took a bottle from inside his armor, an old Balmorrean Blue Sky bottle. He ripped the top off with his teeth and took a long swig of the alcohol that he associated with Cyril.

"The Alliance, The Sith, The Confederacy..." He answered while passing the bottle and closing his eyes. A smile passed his lips as the thought of fighting a Jedi with the blade crossed his mind.

Mythos had spent time in the East and South, He had wound up in the highest rooms with the highest of Ranked Officials in almost all factions even those who would hate him just for the color of his eyes. His actions spoke for him, not the path of the Sith.

"Something or someone is ruling them all. Something connects them, I should have seen it at the end of the Great Battle but I was too blinded by hatred to see"

His eyes traced up through blurred light finding the eyes of Cedric. "Your people have to know... But you're right"

His eyes narrowed and looked around, paranoia setting in, fear and loathing, rage and hatred. "They are everywhere, they adjourn in the Sith Empire, in the secret service if you will... I do not beleive The Emperor is aware."

He smiled and now said the greatest secret he had stumbled upon. "The Confederacy is ruled by Sith, The Mandalorians as well, every faction I have slipped into like a dagger in the ribs hides a peice of this puzzle."

Now his stamina was drained, he sighed and smiled. "But you had an inkling didint you? [member="Darth Ophidia"] taught me to be the best Assassin, but even she would never beleive what is happening. The one thing I dont understand..."

He paused to vomit blood and wipe it off his face, the black tar that pooled around him smelled of decay and rot. "Is why are you such a threat to them? What am I missing? Why does The Grayson Line challenge whatever endgame they have? Don't you ever stop and wonder why hated enemies suddenly convene to assail you on commands they themselves dont know who ordered?"

Sith or not, Cedric still felt compassion for Mythos.

He made a conscious effort to stash the Blade of Ruusan away in his terentatek leather bag that always hung from his belt. It was a means of hiding the weapon's aura when it was required, though Cedric rarely did so. His arms folded about his chest as he listened to the Sith Lord speak, the creasing of his brow deepening the more Mythos spoke.

"The Great Enemy, yes," he sighed, reaching up to scratch at the back of his scalp. "I fought them before, in the Netherworld, if that is what you are referring to. Their forces were defeated years ago though. I don't see how they could be much of a threat now."

He paused, eyes narrowing. "Unless you're speaking of something else. I doubt much gets by the Sith Emperor in his domains. If he does not know of it, then consider me truly curious." It was only Mythos' service to the Graysons of the past that he wasn't in chains right now, let alone being listened to. His freedom here was a testament to Cedric's respect for his past deeds, though he still regarded the Sith as much as an enemy as any other. Their entire sickly ideology needed to be scourged from the stars.

"If you are hunting these people, you would be more effective if you walked in the Ashla," he said again, "The Dark Side feeds on the Dark Side. You would be prey to them. The only thing that can stop a creature of darkness is one that walks in the Light."

[member="Mythos"]

The Ancient Sith shook his head in response. "They are more present now than they have ever been but they've gotten smarter."

As the Terentatek leather dampened the effect of the blade of Russan Mythos once again took a long drink of the powerful liquor.

"I've served in Commenor and her Queen untill they allowed the life of Alliance refugees to escape. I served Metus, The True Lord of the Confederacy and a good friend... " His eyes narrowed at the thought of [member="Darth Metus"], his smile and strong charisma, His unflinching resolve and his will. He was a Sith and a Mandalorian yet he found his home in neither. He respected and admired him since he was a mere acolyte in the One Sith.

"I fed the hungry in the east, I healed the sick and aided in the reconstruction of Cosurcant after the battle." His eyes traced into the void as darkness showed Him one last thing.

"But since I returned something has been off, a disturbance in the Force and at first I thought it was you" He smiled at him, a genuine gladness to see him, The last of the Graysons, Hope had returned.

"It's too late for me to turn to the light even if I physically was able to." He gestured to his tattoos, literal chains keeping his body in tact with his corrupted spirit. "I am as much a slave of the Dark Side as I am it's Master. But I've fought and killed as much Sith as I have Jedi, maybe more."

It took a herculean effort to stand, it took everything and then some to hold his footing now but through clenched teeth and sheer willpower he did so.

Standing again after being blasted by the light he was a different figure. The Broken God, with every limb gashed, every inch of flesh torn and corrupted either with scars or ritualistic tattoos.

"You look at things as black and white, as bogan and Ashla, like the Old Jedi used to but that is not the case, I stand here as proof of it. My deeds have shaped who I am, my actions define my character. Not the color of my eyes, You must meet with Darth Metus and you will see exactly what I speak of and for the opposite go see far in the east where some places the Galactic Alliance gold and blue still flies. You will see evil being churned by those who use the light just like you will see great good in the Confederacy by those with eyes like mine."

He turned to leave but before he had to embrace the son of Cyril, hold him in his arms, feel him as real as flesh and know that hope and the balance could finally be restored.

"You must restore balance, not become one of them. See beyond the Ashla and Bogan both blinding in their own way. Just as you see beyond me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom