Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Ope," Amani muttered as the kids took the initiative to make a mess. She watched Liana smear some potatoes on Alicio's cheek and had to suppress a laugh, "Lia— Lia daddy isn't hungry," She covered her mouth, doing a poor job of hiding a smile and therefore only encouraging her to continue. August was similarly encouraged, and Amani just had to duck her head down.

"Don't make a mess for mom, August," She eventually stood up and walked over, holding his hands ups to stop him from splattering the food any more. He whine defiantly, but became distracted when she turned it into a little game, placing his feet on top of hers and walking him around the room. "Well, you wanna protect people right?" Amani said, looking up at Alicio, "Let's start with barriers. Physical and mental. Though the latter's more for your sake."

"You're- not- helping- Serys!" Alicio practically spat out the words, between swinging his face side to side, to avoid getting Lia's hands in his mouth. Of course, his daughter only tried harder when she saw her mom laughing at them. And, to his discredit, Alicio couldn't keep the amused smirk from his face, either.

"You've brought this on yourself, lovely."

Much like how Amani pacified August, Alicio stood up suddenly, carrying Liana under his arm. Her giggling only intensified, as he toted her kicking and squirming to the kitchen sink. "Okay, wash baby."

Liana was suddenly an entirely different toddler as Alicio set her down on the countertop. With his arms wrapped around her, both father and daughter scrubbed their hands dutifully, the former using the time to wipe the gunk from his face, the latter making contented little humming sounds.

Alicio walked out carrying Lia, both looking squeaky clean once more, having apparently instated some form of ceasefire just in time for Amani to make her suggestion. Alicio nodded, looking to the young one in his arms with concern. "I've seen your Force barriers in action before. They look... useful. I've tried to learn it independently, but I couldn't figure it out." He nodded. "I wouldn't mind some lessons."

"Um... Kai helped me shore up my mental defenses. But I wouldn't mind learning a new approach."
They'd just reopened that wound. It stung to poke it again.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"Don't blame me!" Amani sputtered, knowing full well that she was unintentionally egging Liana on. Thankfully, the little girl shaped up when Alicio carried her over to get cleaned. August was thoroughly distracted, and Amani walked them over near the kitchen to wait their turn with the sink. Once father and daughter had finished, mother and son made sure they too were squeaky clean.

"We'll start there then," Amani confirmed. It would serve Alicio usefully, she felt. A power that specifically revealed around defense. Something that he could have used in dark, past moments. Speaking of, Alicio brought up Kai again, the lingering pain still present in his voice. Amani nodded, "It's important to keep up. It'll help you, and those around you, in the long run." To shield his mind from sinister influences that might probe for information, or that might try to influence him in turn.

"Who's ready for bed?" Amani suddenly asked the kids, and was met with a (tired) whine from August.

Oh, he was blaming Amani, all right.

Cradling Liana like the first time he'd held her after her birth, Alicio studied her grey eyes, an ironclad focus behind his own, as Amani confirmed their upcoming regiment. If he'd been able to create shields on Chaldea, would Kai...?

No, Alicio scolded himself. There was no use imagining what could have happened. It just left the heart empty and discouraged. As tempting as it was to... linger in the pain. "We'll start there, then," he echoed, looking up to Amani, a quiet resolution in his heart.

"Who's ready for bed?"

There was no sentence so dreaded in the Organa household than this. August whined softly, while Lia reached up and hugged around her father's neck. "Daddy," she pleaded with him, perhaps hoping he would be lenient. She had no such luck, as he shook his head at her. "If you didn't want an early bedtime, you shouldn't've been so crazy, lovely. C'mon."

Alicio swept into the kids' room, helping Liana change into her pajamas and prepare for bed, assumedly while Amani did the same for August. Once they were both ready, Alicio was there to wish them off to sleep. He stopped at both of their beds, patterns of ships in a sea of stars all around them, making sure they were well tucked-in. Just like his father had done for him. "Good night love," he said to them both, brushing each of their foreheads with a kiss.

"Goo' night, Daddyeee..," August replied, already half-asleep. "Good night!," Liana chirped soon after, smiling up at him, before turning her face expectantly to her mom.

Alicio let Amani do her nightly ritual with the kids as well, waiting at the doorway for her, a glimmer in his eye.

Despite their protestations, the Organa scions couldn't compete with their own tiredness. Whatever struggles they put up were half-hearted, until they inevitably accepted their fate. August was especially quick to give up, even doing his best to help his mom put on his pajamas if it meant getting to sleep sooner. Once they were tucked in and given a goodnight kiss by their father, Amani followed suit and did the same. "Night night, sweetie," She told August.

"Nigh-nigh," He replied drowsily.

"Good night, baby," She told Liana.

"Good night!" Lia repeated the same as she had with her dad.

Amani flicked on the nightlight, and in the dark the starry patterns reflected off of it like a true night sky. She gave one final look to the two kids, and nearly bumped into Alicio at the door. She turned up toward him with a grin, and whispered "What're you're looking at, Count?"

"What're you're looking at, Count?"

Alicio arched an eyebrow as Amani scooted past him, leaning in the doorway. "Nothing. Just the most perfect woman I've ever seen," he whispered back. "Countess."

Cheesy? Yes. True? Absolutely.

Alicio closed the door behind them, listening at the eave for a moment for talking. At the sound of silence, he nodded, finally turning to wrap his arms around Amani's waist, letting his face hover a tantalyzing breath away from hers. Finally, alone time. Alicio reveled in the closeness of the moment, but there was something he needed to get off his chest. The end of a moment, interrupted by little Organas.

"Thank you, for sharing with me, today." Alicio's eyes traced down Amani's face, a speck of shame hidden amidst the grey. "And I'm sorry that I... made you worry. You mean the world to me, Amani. You and the twins." All of the Count's dedication to the people of the Alliance, to the innocent, paled in comparison to the fathomless care he felt, holding Amani close. Kissing his children goodnight.

"So, the children are in bed for the night..." he started, a mischievous smirk pulling at the side of his face. He leaned in a little closer, stopping just short of Amani's lips.

"Do you think I can finally finish my dinner?"

"You do know how to make a lady feel special," Amani's grin broadened, and she joined him outside the door. They both waited a few moments, eavesdropping for the slightest hint of stirring children. But there was nothing, and they fell into each other at the prospect of precious uninterruption. Amani draped her arms over Alicio's shoulders, and leaned closer before freezing at the sound of his voice.

"Thank you for being honest," She replied, "And for making an effort." Alicio had been forthcoming, and was willing to listen when she needed him to. There would always be uncertainty in the future, but they could always rely on one another to make it a little more bearable. Even now her heart fluttered hearing him say they "meant the world" to him.

"Mmm, I don't know. Can you?," Amani leaned back in as well, her hands gliding down his chest, "I suppose you've earned it..." She joined her lips with his, a soft noise escaping her throat…

Last edited:

He only nodded at her returned thanks, his eyes never leaving hers. Sometimes, the best words to say were no words at all. Alicio spoke for a living, but he knew that all the words in all the languages of the galaxy couldn't begin to describe the love and gratitude he felt for the woman in his arms. He wouldn't be perfect. He would make mistakes. But he could also always count on Amani to listen. To help.

"Mmm, I don't know. Can you?," Amani leaned back in as well, her hands gliding down his chest, "I suppose you've earned it..."

There was a moment of confusion from the Count. He had yet to actually eat the food he made, thanks to their serious conversation, and Lia's antics. Thoughts of pasta quickly vanished from his mind, though, as he felt Amani's hands on him. Accepting her kiss with an amused little smile.

Oh. That's what she meant.

After a moment to gather himself, Alicio guided Amani towards their room with firm hands, letting the apron he still wore fall to the ground behind them.

Dinner after dessert, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom