Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blaster Nullification Field Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown.png

unknown.png

InfoLine.png

• Intent: Blaster/Disruptor Radius Nullifier
  • Image Source: Artist Credit
  • Canon Link: Not Applicable
  • Permissions: Not Applicable
  • Primary Source: Not Applicable
InfoLine.png

InfoLine.png

• Motion detecting tripod can instantly deploy if dropped or thrown by the owner, giving it a high chance of landing standing up.
  • Device can be set to a general sensory activation mode, enabling it to activate as soon as blaster gas is detected nearby.
InfoLine.png

• No Disintegrations: Having trouble with blasters and the occasional disruptor? The Mil-Tec NulliField utilizes sophisticated microwaves to render blaster gas unstable and unusable to any enemy combatants within its radius. The radius of which spans around 20 meters, rendering it very useful for in-door, urban engagements and other close quarters situations in-particular.
  • Time to Go Mobile: Able to remain active while in movement, this small device can continue its work while within the backpack or other form of carrying equipment. Allowing the user to essentially create a blaster nullifying field around their very person.
  • Hot Potato: Not only rendering the blaster gas impractical to use when within its range, the NulliField simply by causing the particles to react unusually can lead to a degree of volatility within the gas, which due to its explosive nature does give a chance of it exploding in the enemy's hands.
  • That's No Moon: Need the NulliField for the interior of your starship? On the outside of your vehicle? Or in your home? Specialized Mil-Tec personnel can install any number of NulliFields, or use the same technology to create any size of NulliField for additional fees when ordered.
InfoLine.png
  • Take Cover: Very weakly armored, the NulliField for all its uses can easily be destroyed by enemy attacks. It is for this reason that it is highly advised in the product's field manual for users to hide their generators when under fire.
  • I See You: Generating trace signatures that although invisible to organic eyes, can still be picked up by sensory equipment. This could potentially allow skilled enemies to the exact location of the generator, and possibly by extension, their owner.
InfoLine.png

Deployed into any location, the Blaster Nullification Field Generator operates by emitting localized high-volume microwave pulses, tuned to the point that they vibrate the particles within blaster gas, the vital component that allows both blaster weapons and disruptors to fire, making them essentially unusable, and borderline dangerous to their own user if the weapon is within the Nullification Field's radius. Once the weapon is taken out of the NulliField's range, it will take a few moments for it to become operational again, and may require the operator to replace their container. Developed by Nakaioma-Fukashi Military Technologies, commonly referred to in-house as Mil-Tec, the field generator begun production following a rise in the use of incredibly inhumane disruptor rifles being utilized across the galaxy. During the course of the project's life span, its capabilities were naturally broadened to extend to most-- if not all forms of blaster rifle, due to the same use of blaster gas.

Able to fit into an individual's backpack, the NullField is a portable device which can be instantly deployed into any combat site. Though vulnerable to attack, it is advised that owners keep their field generator well hidden from an enemy's line of sight, although keeping it hidden behind thick cover, such as certain kinds of walls will lessen the effects and radius of the field. Invisible to the eyes of organic beings, these waves could potentially be picked up by certain very sensitive sensory equipment, which could in theory lead skilled enemy forces to the location of the field generator. Not only portable, these generators can be built in larger sizes and quantities, and fitted into starships, buildings, vehicles and more or less anywhere the customer wishes. The larger the device, the larger the radius. Mil-Tec sells the device as part of their next generation of 'vital military components' as they frequently call them in their advertising campaigns. The NulliField is standard issue to all Nakaioma facilities and security personnel, both of whom extensively use rail-propelled weapons over blasters coincidentally enough.

Last edited:
Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma

Thank you for your patience.

Firstly I want to say I love the creativity of this submission, targeting the gas within a blaster to disable it is a great thought. However, as things currently stand, this submission is a little overpowered.

The Field

You don't actually specify what the range of the field generated is. How far does it extend? I understand that you're aiming to have this on everything from armour to tanks, however, we do need to have some idea of the effective range of the device so that anyone writing against it has some idea of what they're facing.

The language used is also very absolute, effectively allowing you to disable your opponent's weaponry without giving them a choice.
The Mil-Tec NulliField utilizes sophisticated microwaves to render blaster gas unstable and unusable to any enemy combatants within its radius.

Phrases like this leave no room for an opponent to interpret the effect how they wish, however you can not write in such a way as to write for them, their characters or any item brought with them. As it currently stands the submission is too absolute, and so you'll need to soften the language to include phrases such as "possibly" and "has the potential to".

Portability

Time to Go Mobile:
Able to remain active while in movement, this small device can continue its work while within the backpack or other form of carrying equipment. Allowing the user to essentially create a blaster nullifying field around their very person.

While blaster neutralizing technology is canon, this level of it is far beyond that, especially since the field can move, allowing it to sweep across a battlefield, disabling all blaster gas it comes across. This is a very powerful strength that doesn't seem to be balanced by a suitable weakness.

Thank you for your patience.

Firstly I want to say I love the creativity of this submission, targeting the gas within a blaster to disable it is a great thought. However, as things currently stand, this submission is a little overpowered.

The Field

You don't actually specify what the range of the field generated is. How far does it extend? I understand that you're aiming to have this on everything from armour to tanks, however, we do need to have some idea of the effective range of the device so that anyone writing against it has some idea of what they're facing.

The language used is also very absolute, effectively allowing you to disable your opponent's weaponry without giving them a choice.

Phrases like this leave no room for an opponent to interpret the effect how they wish, however you can not write in such a way as to write for them, their characters or any item brought with them. As it currently stands the submission is too absolute, and so you'll need to soften the language to include phrases such as "possibly" and "has the potential to".

Portability

While blaster neutralizing technology is canon, this level of it is far beyond that, especially since the field can move, allowing it to sweep across a battlefield, disabling all blaster gas it comes across. This is a very powerful strength that doesn't seem to be balanced by a suitable weakness.
Thought I had specified the range. It's 20 meters, added it back there, must have deleted it while trying to contemplate what it should be, but forgot to add it back in. I did mention that the weapon can work again once its out of the range of the field. It also is barely effective when behind something thick such as a wall. It can't sweep across a battlefield as it only effects the area immediately surrounding the person carrying it.

Abologies for the delay.

I will admit the more I read this, the more I love the creativity behind this.

If you could add a weakness for the ability of an energy shield to block it, and that it won't work on a bolt already in motion I'll go ahead and approve it.

As always if it is misused or abused then the submission may be pulled for further review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom