Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Blasted Troublemaker

The small dive of a town on that desolate moon gave the first impression that outsiders should just leave. There was no welcome here, that was fine. Nwul didn't really care. He strode down the street with a wide smile on his face, humming another one of his jolly songs. Behind him, as always, were the twins, their silent vigil broken only in moments of privacy when they could banter with their father. It was a strange relationship he had with them, but not one he hated. Today, though, Yjome seemed a bit more testy than her usual spitfire personality.

"I'm angry, father," Yjome murmured as they passed another darkened building. "I do not believe you need another bodyguard for this."

Nwul didn't stop moving, though his yellow-gold eyes did sweep in her direction, his smile widening with something between michief and gentleness. He huffed through his nostrils, "For this particular mission we require an expert, and the force has told me to come here. So I have," He shrugged and picked at his ear, "Besides, you're still getting your ass kicked half the time in training," He blew on his pinky as Darya burst into a fit of laughter at his left.

His daughters bickered in silence until he stopped at a rather seedy looking building. The guard standing at the door frowned at his unflappable smile and rolled his eyes, "You working or hiring? Otherwise, get lost," The bouncer grunted.

"Hiring, actually," Nwul chirped, "May I?"

The man grunted with surprise, apparently they didn't have a lot of clients that came in person. He pulled a metal chain out and handed it to Nwul who admired it curiously. "Wear it, marks you as a client. No one will bother a client. Even if you are... what you are..." The man said evenly, eyeing Nwul's face and garb and... lightsaber.

Nwul smiled wickedly at him and winked. "Neat! I assure you, I'm not here to cause trouble, just do my business and leave," He crooned and stepped past the man into the mercenary lounge. As he did, all eyes fell on him. A pretty boy wearing a black cassock robe and red sash, golden eyes marking him as a sith and a lightsaber with an ancient design on his waist. Behind him, two rattataki twins stood in hooded robes, their eyes cast on the ground. He put his hands on his hips and brandished everyone with a smile, "I'm looking for a solo worker," He began, twirling a cred chip between his fingers, "One who isn't afraid of spooky things."

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla
1pOTktR.png

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
Clxe04R.png

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

The mercenaries fell silent as the apparent Sith lord spoke, curiously flanked by two smaller beings whom radiated a similar darkness that bled into the dimly lit lounge and bar.

Initially, that silence was broken only by the feint murmuring of armed "freelancers" discussing the odds amongst themselves in small groups. Then by cowards who quietly refused, and then again by the empty boasting of fools who were too intoxicated to be trusted with a blaster as is.

"Does it bleed?"

Finally a steadfast voice broke through the whispering crowd, leaving another period of silence to briefly cut through the bar. Many turned their heads in search of it's origins, others who knew the voice from previous contracts either shied away or stared in curiosity. Would she take it?

The sound of
Star-spurs would herald her arrival onto the scene as some Mercenaries cleared a path, revealing a young Twi'lek clad in gleaming armor of Gold and Silver, marred by Rusted-brown as if it had been painted in blood from a thousand worlds. And on her hip, beside an aggressively angular hunting skirt of Mabari-Armorweave, there lay The Golden Gun for which she was known, tucked away neatly in old- worn- leather.

They were face to face now- or as close as one could be when a T-Visor separated them- not quite in arms reach but still close enough to show that she wasn't outwardly afraid, even if she aired on the side of caution. From fingerless gloves, clawed fingers traced the buckle on her gunbelt, looking more out of habit than anything else.

"If it bleeds," She began in a cold tone, unclear whether the Mandalorian's show of force was for The Sith's presence, the target, or simply intrinsic of the gunslinger's being.

"Then I can kill it."

p1UD36K.png

Nwul blinked as the atmosphere shifted abruptly. He'd expected some hostility in his direction because of his status as a Sith, but it didn't seem like they cared all that much about where he came from, as long as the credits were good. That was nothing to worry about, he had plenty of funds to dip into. He wasn't the richest man in the galaxy by a long shot but he was well covered for things like this. He palced his hands on his hips as someone spoke up.

The look on the others faces told him that she was the one to get on his side. He grinned and canted his head to the right as she approached in her heavy mandalorian armor. He opened his mouth and Yjome, one of his daughters behind him, cleared her throat. She knew he was about to say something either repugnant, flirtatious, unnecessary, or all three. He closed his mouth to stop himself and chuckled.

"Yeah, most of the critters where I'm going bleed, a few don't but those are my responsibility," Nwul said casually, "You seem fun, if you're willing to work I'm willing to pay."

His golden eyes, untainted by the red of sith rage, gleamed a bit so that they reflected in her visor. His teeth bared and a well of excitement building up in him, there might be some who wondered whether or not he was looking for a fight or genuinely trying to hire the woman. His daughters knew better, he was just excited about meeting someone so fascinating.

1pOTktR.png

Clxe04R.png
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

"Depends on how much~" She hummed, chuckling at the Sith's antics. He was either going to be her kind of crazy, or really annoying.

In truth she had no love for Sith or even Jedi for that matter, but she knew the former of the two usually paid well if one was willing to stoop to their level. In most cases she was, with only a few exceptions, but the history between her kind and theirs's made things... difficult to accept. But this was her life now, if she wanted to remain hidden from Clan Vizsla at least.

"I don't come cheap," She began, resting a hand on her hip as observed the potential employer and his retinue. She liked what she saw, mostly. Though the younger Rattataki provoked some questions internally.

"But anything involving ghosts or children is above my paygrade, provided they aren't a threat to myself" She gave the mysterious twins a quick glance to emphasize the point.

"Otherwise, Only questions I ask are location, description, Dead or Alive"

The young sounding Mandalorian figured that covered her willingness to work, which seemed more than most around them could say. If anything, they seemed surprised that a Mandalorian would be willing to work for him. A few however, seemed to have expected her arrival.
p1UD36K.png

Nwul considered her reaction to his good humor with a smile, his eyes twinkling at the prospect of recruiting her. She was worth the trouble of finding this place and then some. His eye for talent had always been good, and she was a wealth of it. It galled him that someone with her presence was simply floating out here in the rocks and hadn't been found by someone to foster and uplift before. Talent deserved recognition! He set aside the feeling of incredulity for a moment, he'd analyze it later.

Instead he nodded at her point about the price, her observations turning towards his daughters. The two Rattataki behind him would have scowled openly had they been the girls he had adopted on Korriban. But they'd grown since then, honed themselves, and tempered their feelings into tools rather than something that controlled them. Even so, some thing's never changed.

"I'll show you child," Yjome said with a snort, glancing at her father. Both of the girls were adults, fully grown and trained, but they lacked some things that came with real experience. Such as a sense for a bigger fish.

Nwul chuckled, "Ignore my daughters," He said with a shrug, "Don't worry, I'll handle any ghosts. It's the raveners that I'm concerned about. I doubt my aim with a blaster is comparable to yours and their skin is like phrik-save for their eyes," He grinned, "Sound fun enough for you?"

He took a card out of his shirt made out of standard paper and pressed it into her hand. It was a number. Or rather, two numbers. The first was a lump sum, enough to cover the job with a respectable tip on top. The second number was smaller. He cocked an eyebrow at her, "If everything goes well, I may be amenable to hiring for a permanent position. My ship is wasted without a good pilot."

1pOTktR.png

Clxe04R.png
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

"
Eheh..." Tae'l quietly chuckled at the Rattataki's response, which reminded the Twi'lek of her younger self some. Hell, it wasn't so different from her current self even.

"Ignore my daughters," He said with a shrug, "Don't worry, I'll handle any ghosts. It's the raveners that I'm concerned about. I doubt my aim with a blaster is comparable to yours and their skin is like phrik-save for their eyes," He grinned, "Sound fun enough for you?"

"Could use the practice," She hummed in thought. In all honesty they'd be more difficult than her usual targets, but in her opinion that just meant she wouldn't grow stagnant. Perhaps even honor the old gods, if such beings truly existed.

"Though I wonder how they handle explosives"

The card was taken between her claws and held up to her visor, prompting another tilt of the head as she carefully inspected the numbers. It was definitely acceptable to the runaway Mandalorian, though the addition of a smaller number had her curious. There was already a tip, so what was this?

"If everything goes well, I may be amenable to hiring for a permanent position. My ship is wasted without a good pilot."

"That so?" She did have a fine starfighter docked nearby. Tae'l was no poe dameron but she'd still flown with some of the best that Mandalore had to offer and had decent enough experience dog-fighting. Or maybe he was talking about something much bigger than what she was used to. Either way it was cash, "if everything goes well" was a big If when it came to working for Sith that long.

Especially for a Mandalorian.
If she was even a Mandalorian anymore...

"Well, we'll see if I like you or not. Or if you can put up with me~"
She pocketed the card, tracing the wooden grip of her pistol with a clawed little finger.

p1UD36K.png

Nwul's smile twitched a little at her hummed response. He appreciated her candor and was honestly curious about what she thought about the challenge. Then she brought up explosive and he barked out a genuine laugh. "You can try, just don't damage the ruins too much, I need them standing so we don't get buried alive."

Her reaction to his proposition made him blossom into an even wider smile, "Then we have an accord! Hah! I'm so glad I came here," He chuckled, turning away and walking towards the door. "Well no time to waste! I should show you around my ship while we have a chance."

He hummed excitedly as they made their way back through town. His daughters focusing more on their surroundings than he did. His energy seemed jubilant and relaxed rather than the coiled and deadly focus of a traditional Sith. Occasionally he would point at things and ask about them, laugh, and then move on like a child. By the time they got to the port, he was laughing uproariously. "So then Krevvel says, 'that's not my lightsaber! That's a can of paste!' ha ha ha ha!" He laughed from his gut, wiping a tear from his eye.

"Ah, I forgot to ask, I'm so sorry," He said abruptly as they drew closer to the port, "I am Nwul, these are my daughters Yjome and Darya. Can I get the fine warrior's name?"

1pOTktR.png

Clxe04R.png
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Tae'l was quick to follow, staying close behind or close ahead throughout the long trip around the moon. It... wasn't what she was expecting. Of the very few Sith she had interacted with during her far flung travels, most were punctual, if not militaristic in their standards. Even Omon Kaa / Darth Diem Omon Kaa / Darth Diem - who was by far a rarity among the Sith in that his hospitality may have led to a peculiar friendship if she had stayed- had also demonstrated an inclination for structure and appearances.

This man was so jovial, so... carefree.

Ironic to think that Tae'l may have more internal strife and anger than this young man. Was her simply new to the order? unbloodied even? It was hard to say for certain, given that Sith were known for their trickery. He might not even be human under those robes. He'd chosen a fine disguise though, if that were the case.
"So then Krevvel says, 'that's not my lightsaber! That's a can of paste!' ha ha ha ha!"

He told terrible stories, however.

Still, what had once been a diligent march beside her employer had slowly become a simple stroll. She kept a hand resting on her blaster of course, but her posture was otherwise relaxed just as her pace had become.
"Ah, I forgot to ask, I'm so sorry," He said abruptly as they drew closer to the port, "I am Nwul, these are my daughters Yjome and Darya. Can I get the fine warrior's name?"

She threw a glance at him and then to the spaceport apprehensively. Being that she wanted to lay low and away from certain individuals, giving her name now could complicate things. Not to mention that Sith weren't known as a trustworthy sort.

Still, she took the chance.

"Tae'l, Of House Vizsla... but that stays between us" She gave each one of them a look over her shoulder

"Uhm... hel- hello"

p1UD36K.png

Nwul watched the way she moved her head and the way her emotions moved about her after he asked her name, his smile growing a little wider and thinner. It was interesting that she was so apprehensive, why? Well he supposed that was her business until he had a reason to press the issue. Still, he wouldn't play any games with her, it didn't benefit him in any way to do so. He grinned at her and tapped two fingers over his brow as his salute of respect rather than doing anything extreme after hearing her name.

"It's an honor," He said before turning away.

Darya and Yjome walked next to her as he proceeded towards the spaceport. Darya seemed very curious about her, glancing at her armor inquisitvely but keeping her mouth shut as she walked within a few paces of her father at all times. Yjome was far more stoic, her shoulders becoming a bit stiffer after she heard the name Vizla being dropped by the mandalorian. The two of them looked more like handmaidens than daughters. Darya smiled politely at her before she returned her focus on her master's shoulders.

They arrived at the terminal proper and passed inside, moving down the corridor with-at first-little resistance. It was when they arrived at the end of their path, stepping towards the gate to their particular landing platform that trouble finally reared it's head.

"HEY!" A rugged looking man with the right side of his face replaced with cybernetics shouted, "YOU! THAT YOUR SHIP PARKED ON MY SPOT?" He man bellowed, pointing a thick finger at Nwul.

Nwul blinked, surprised, "Huh, I didn't think this kind of thing happened in real life," he laughed, scratching his head before sighing and continuing his walk towards the man. He crossed his arms behind his back, "What seems to be the trouble, friend?" He asked with a smile.

The twins shook their heads and glanced at Tae'l, "Let him handle it." Yjome murmured.

"Don't you friend me you pompy piece of kriffin-" He trailed off, glancing at Tae'l before whipping his head back at Nwul, "I don't care what kind of protection you got, you owe me money for dropping that trash heap in my space!"

Nwul drew a bit closer, never breaking his stride, "Money? Your spot? That's very interesting," Nwul said with a bright smile, "I'm sorry that you feel this way. I'm afraid I'm not going to pay you, though," The man snarled and reached for his blaster as Nwul got within a few feet. Nwul's eyes sparkled, "Die for me please? Thank you," Nwul said as a ripple of something warm crossed the distance between them, the next moment that warmth returned to Nwul. In that two seconds, the man's face went through a myriad of changes, rage to a smile to abject grief. He dropped to his knees and without a warning, shoved his own weapon into his mouth.

Nwul walked past him as the blaster went off, his smile never leaving his face.

1pOTktR.png

Clxe04R.png
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Tae'l would bow her head in response to the salute, resuming what might've been an uneventful stroll.

Though, she couldn't help noticing that the twins had taken position beside her now, and perhaps shown an interest of some sort. Darya- or at least she assumed this one was Darya- seemed to be admiring the armor and smiled before returning to her "father", earning a polite nod from the Mandalorian, unfortunately had settle for the gesture as her face remained hidden.

Yjome however, was betrayed by a shift in her body language. It seemed stiff now, perhaps even guarded. Whether it was fear or anger, she didn't know, but she would certainly keep an eye on the Ratataki, given the timing.

"HEY! YOU! THAT YOUR SHIP PARKED ON MY SPOT?"

All that focus was dashed away when a cyborg began shouting at the Sith lord. She had already taken a step forward when Yjome gave warning, causing the Mandalorian to exchange a brief glance and reluctantly stand down for now.

Though, her good hand stayed on her hip, ready to draw if need be.

Her gaze remained locked onto the man, as were her targeting systems. To her surprise however, Nwul kept inching closer and closer to her line of fire with the rare confidence of a man who knew the odds long before playing. She half expected him to either draw a lightsaber or simply cast lightning about like the last psychotic force-born she had fought.

But then their assailant tried to draw a blaster...

The Mandalorian had leaned to tip her holster back and drawn from it before even the Sith lord cast his spell, though that split second between her weapon coming out to play and his use of the force had just barely been enough to change her mind, as keen eyes had spotted the sudden tensing of their foe's muscles, freezing them in place as something monstrous occurred.

Nwul didn't even stop as the thug shot himself then and there.

Tae'l would have to take a moment, taking a deep breath as she eased her finger off the trigger and holstered the blaster, regarding Yjome with a questioning glance as the group continued.

"He always like that...?"

p1UD36K.png

With a wave of his docking pass the doors to the docking bay opened and revealed the small transport that would take them up to the Aftermath he didn't beat around the bush, rather he made a bee-line straight for the waiting vessel, a smile plain on his face.

His daughters moved along behind him but kept a bit more distance to talk with the newcomer, it wasn't often they could speak with someone that would be traveling with them. Especially since Nwul had given them no instructions to avoid sensitive topics. They knew better than to say something stupid but they also felt they had the freedom to speak their minds a bit more.

"Master Nwul is... Master Nwul," Darya said calmly, shrugging. "He is like this at times, his smile is not one to be underestimated."

Yjome nodded, "Master Nwul practices the Full Spectrum of the Dark Side, embracing all emotions, so he may seem strange to others who only know of Sith who practice with hate and rage, he is capable of compassion as well as genocidal fury."

Nwul stopped next to the boarding ramp as it lowered. "Ladies? I'm waiting!" He called, stepping into the vessel.

His daughters didn't waste any time and quickly hastened away and towards the ramp.

1pOTktR.png

Clxe04R.png
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

"I gathered that" She would nod to Darya, giving the body only a passing glance as the trio followed Nwul into the docking ring.

"Master Nwul practices the Full Spectrum of the Dark Side, embracing all emotions, so he may seem strange to others who only know of Sith who practice with hate and rage, he is capable of compassion as well as genocidal fury."

Tae'l was silent for a time, carefully digesting every little word as they expanded her previously limited knowledge of the universe. Especially the Sith, whom she had only seen in the flesh within the last few years despite training to fight their armies for the better part of a lifetime.

And perhaps Nwul was the most powerful she had met. Besides Adeline, at least.

"Then his confidence is not misplaced"

She concluded, hurrying behind the twins towards the looming Corvette, the design of which she seemed to recognize immediately.

"Raider-class?" She exclaimed, staring up at the old military vessel until she had fully entered.

"Yavin era. And a Raider-II subclass, judging by the solar panels. She have a name?"
p1UD36K.png

The trip on the transport up to space was a quick one and they soon caught sight of the Aftermath in orbit, the larger ship wasn't one to be docked in a traditional spaceport so they had to make due with the accompanying trasport. As they drew close enough to see it, Tae'l made her comment about the ship and Nwul nodded with pride.

"Found her a few years ago actually, a piece of junk rusting in a heap, I've customized her religiously," He snorted and gestured at the ship, "Say hello to the Aftermath, or as I like to call her, a castle with rockets shoved up it's ass," He laughed and the transport docked with the ship. He was the first to ascend through the ladder into the main part of the vessel before stepping onto the hangar, or rather, the engineering bay that had once been the hangar.

There was no room for the fighters that used to come standard with a Raider-II, rather the heavy modifications had almost entirely eliminated the hangar bay and turned the ship into a monstrosity, but a luxurious one. The interior was, frankly put, gorgeous nearly to the point of ostentatious.

"She has a Jumpmaster 0.11 Elite Hyperdrive, and more verbobrains and ai systems managing it than a waystation on Mechis, she practically flies herself, but the systems are designed to support a skilled pilot. Think of her like a humongous swoop bike, not very maneuverable but boy will she get you where you want to go," he laughed.

1pOTktR.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom