Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Blast-Proof Bounty Hunter's Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance Bonaventure

C
- THIS IS A CANON ITEM -
FBK8l1U.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a canon item from Star Wars for the Bounty Hunter Sidon Eshe as a personal item of value
  • Image Source: artstation.com [edited by Sidon Eshe]
  • Canon Link: [x] [x] [x]
  • Restricted Missions: Picking Up The Pieces
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Boba Fett's Bounty Hunter Case
  • Manufacturer: Boba Fett, Bounty Hunters' Guild members
  • Affiliation: Boba Fett > Bounty Hunters' Guild > Sidon Eshe
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Duratseel, flimsiplast, leather, binding components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Archive Items
  • Size: Average (Case), Very Small/Small (Items within)
  • Weight: Average (Case), Very Light/Light (Items within)
CONTENTS

The case includes:
  • The Bounty Hunter Code - bound volumes of Guild Handbook and manifesto of the Death Watch
  • The 48-page memoirs of Cradossk, former head of the Bounty Hunters Guild, with an inscription from the author to Boba Fett
  • A Kamino saberdart
  • Boba Fett's captain's license
  • Boba Fett's arms permit
  • Slave I's official operating license
  • An Imperial wanted poster for Han Solo
  • An inventory slip from the Rebel Alliance forces who discovered and seized Boba's property

Strengths:
  • Knowledge is Power: The information contained within the guides and books offers valuable lessons, especially considering the array of individuals who contributed to making notes for the purpose of educating Bounty Hunters. It allows those with access a lot of inside information, personal tactics, methods of Hunting and even some trade secrets few would know in this day and age (such as schematics for Mandalorian tech, some race/species weaknesses, how to hunt dangerous creatures, etc).
  • Piece of History: The items contained within could be worth a lot to someone who wants it enough.

Weaknesses:
  • Ancient Information: While the information is helpful regarding insights and tactics, the case and its contents are several centuries old, and as a result some of the schematics and information may be irrelevant with modernization in crafting or operating methods.
  • Delicate to Touch: Given the guides are flimsiplast, it stands to reason that time has aged them. While the case was secure and air-tight, there remains a great level of delicacy to reading the information within, to avoid damage.

DESCRIPTION
When Boba Fett first joined the Bounty Hunter's Guild, he noticed the lack of guidance the supposed 'Bounty Hunters' Guild Handbook' actually offered. Wanting to improve on what was there, with first-hand lessons from his father (Jango Fett), as well as his own experiences, the Bounty Hunter began adding notations throughout. He provided explanation and annotation, added tactics and methods he had developed over his famous career, and he expanded on what the Handbook had to offer. From his own personal collection, Boba had a similarly annotated manifesto of the Death Watch, which he bound together with his version of the Guild Handbook to create the ultimate guide to Bounty Hunting - he called it The Bounty Hunter Code.

Putting the items somewhere secure, in a blast-proof and sealed case no less, Boba sought to keep the items safe for his daughter. Boba left it with the Bounty Hunters' Guild, where various other members added to the notations and information contained within over time. Guild members such as Greedo, Bossk, Dengar, Aurra Sing, and Hondo Ohnaka, to name some. The manifesto of the Death Watch held accounts by Tor Vizsla and Jango Fett, expanding on philosophy of the group, their methods, their beliefs and combat tactics, and even information about their tech. Even later, an heirloom from Bossk from his father - a copy of Cradossk's memoir 'Making a Killing' - was added to the stash, complete with some annotated notes and personal experience on hunting creatures, especially Wookiees, throughout the autobiography.

After a time, and following his apparent death, the case was forgotten, until Boba returned and resumed his Hunting career - only to discover his daughter had died at the hands of Jacen Solo. With no heir to claim the Code, he decided to simply leave it as an item for the future Guild Leaders. With luck, it would offer lessons and educate them further in how to become the best Bounty Hunter they could be. Not requiring the personal effects contained within, Boba left the other items - such as ID cards, permits, wanted posters, etc - as he very rarely had cause to carry them, given his status. Plus, they weren't important to him, and had been intended for his deceased daughter, so they only dredged up memories rather forgotten.

Over time, the case became another piece of junk in the Guild armory, and it was largely untouched following Boba's passing. Several centuries later, when reorganizing and clearing the Guild, wanting to bring a little more organization to the faction, Sidon Eshe discovered it, opened the lock with one of Fett's old ID cards in the Guild archives, and was surprised to find the wealth of information within. From then on, he has spent time carefully studying the materials, taking great care to avoid damaging the old writings; and the knowledge and development he's gained from study have been invaluable...

[member="Sidon Eshe"] Very neat canon item to claim, I like it. Overall, it looks good, I do have one question which I will address below. Once this is all said and done, and it gets accepted, do not forget to post your claim here so everyone knows this canon item is claimed.

Sidon Eshe said:
Strengths:
  • Knowledge is Power: The information contained within the guides and books offers valuable lessons, especially considering the array of individuals who contributed to making notes for the purpose of educating Bounty Hunters. It allows those with access a lot of inside information, personal tactics, methods of Hunting and even some trade secrets few would know in this day and age (such as schematics for Mandalorian tech, some race/species weaknesses, how to hunt dangerous creatures, etc).
What Mandalorian tech schematics are in it? Or did you intend to keep this more vague and, if so, do you intend to use some of these schematics down the road to create tech?

Chance Bonaventure

C
[member="Iona Immarya"]

Since there isn't definitive information on the manifesto, I figured vague was the better option. I'm happy to look at adding specifics if you prefer, but had really just planned on using the Death Watch wookieepedia entries as a basis for any future developments should it be required. I imagine a lot of the information would be about specific weapons from members, Death Watch armor specs, but also their ideals, combat methods, and brief summaries of historic individuals, or events, etc.

I guess my thoughts on it were that the only real information you couldn't obtain via HoloNet, or archives, would be armor specs. Everything else, historic wise, should be re-searchable in some form.

[member="Sidon Eshe"] If its vague, that is alright. That was more to see if you had anything specific in mind, I have no issues with you using this as a fluff reason of why you have deathwatch gear subbed in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom