Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye6r6eM.png
MUjJtF7.png

0mlFH6S.png

Intent: This organization was designed to be a home for criminal organization RP as well as being able to play with the "big boys" as a Major Faction down the road. This organization is the result of multiple discussions about criminal organizations and their place in Star Wars: CHAOS. We believe that a criminal organization can be accurately represented using the faction system with a mandate such as Galactic Nomads.
Image Credit: Star Wars - Black Sun Symbol (modified by Mithias)
Canon: Black Sun
​Links: Underlord, Vigo, Xizor, Malicar

nmPwok7.png

Organization Name: Black Sun Cartels (the word "Cartels" was added to denote more than one organization falls underneath the nomenclature)
Classification: Criminal Confederation
Affiliation: Multiple Organizations make up the whole of the Black Sun Cartels
Organization Symbol: see above
Description: The Black Sun Cartels serves as a faction that is home to all of the criminals and their organizations. It is a confederation of major underworld organizations that have decided to put aside petty differences and do business/earn credits as a singular entity.

H3IAz2Q.png

Headquarters: Nar Shaddaa
Domain: The Black Sun Cartels are spread across the galaxy. It is a criminal enterprise that sinks its tendrils in each civilized pocket of the galaxy--where there are sentients, there are needs. This organization prides itself on its ability to pick-up and leave in a moment's instance. They are a hard target for their enemies due to their ability to scatter and reform with mechanical efficiency. For the moment, they are calling Nar Shaddaa home, but it could change in an instant.
Notable Assets: Each Underlord and Vigo bring their assets to the table. As such, their influence spans across the galaxy, but there is nothing of particular significance yet.

ThcRDNw.png

Hierarchy: The Black Sun Cartels are run by a Council of Underlords with Vigos reporting to each Underlord

Membership: The Black Sun Cartels have thousands of members among its ranks. Most of them belong to one criminal enterprise or another. The Underlord Council is typically comprised of the most powerful crimelords, but that is not always the case. Vigos can amass and wield great power within the Black Sun Cartels--often, might makes right. As the Black Sun Cartels continue to expand, more and more non-Chiss and other aliens have begun to fill their ranks.

All members of the Black Sun Cartels undergo a rigorous vetting process. In fact, members are almost always approached about joining and not the other way around. A series of “Trials” are undergone by the perspective member, demonstrating their loyalty to the organization. These prospects are rigorously tested, even to the point of death during their Trials. If someone marries into the family, they must undergo the same Trials, no matter what…rare are the exceptions with avoiding these trials.

Climate: Honor among thieves is the name of the game. All of the organizations and individuals in the Black Sun Cartels are about the credits and survival. Though some of their businesses may be hidden, the criminals of the Black Sun Cartels rule with fear and brutality. While there is backstabbing among their lot, they can quickly become united against common threats.

Reputation: Most factions are wary of the Black Sun Cartels due to them not disguising who and what they are about--they make no bones about who they are. As such, many of other actions ally with them, hoping the Black Sun Cartels can regulate crime within their territories. The idea being is that it is better to have the enemy you can see than the one you cannot...

Curios: It is common to have members of the Black Sun Cartels to have brands and tattoos to show their commitment to the organization, but it is not unheard of for those to have no such markings. It is rumored that there is a holovid floating around the underworld called "I Manifest My Own Damn Destiny" that is wildly popular, which explains the expectations of a member of the Black Sun Cartels.

Rules: Obey the Underlords (you do not want to disappear without saying goodbye). Follow the Vigos (because they are murder incarnate). Honor among our own (at least until I am credit laden). Never get so attached you cannot walk away in 30 seconds (make it 10 seconds flat).

Goals: The goal of the Black Sun Cartels is to expand, control planets, milk them for credits and move to the next system and drain the coffers there so that credits flow like rain. Make allies and control all criminal activities in the galaxy. Only room for one big dog and that is us.

WG70dEz.png

Member Roster

iFR3mX1.png

Black Sun has had a long and torrid history. It was formed in 3653 BBY on Coruscant, but in the years to follow, its influence and reach expanded quickly to become a galactic crime syndicate. Law enforcement agencies quickly rallied to try and stop its growth and had some minor successes. For some time after, even up until the Clone Wars, tens of throusands of foot soldiers and hundreds of Vigos were based in safehouses and fortresses across the galaxy, including the scarcely populated areas of the Outer Rim.

During the Galactic Civil War, a Vigo named Prince Xizor took over Black Sun and allied it with the Empire. It was an era of prestige and growth with the support of the Emperor, an unlimited credit account and little opposition. However, that reign would stop at the end of the war and Xizor's death. It would take some twenty years to rebuild enough strength to be placed on the galactic map again.

Several attempts to restore that organization have been made, but with little success.

Malicar Raith took control of Black Sun recently, really by accident. He stumbled onto the remnants of Black Sun and dispatched its leader, discovering later that it was actually the leader of the vaunted Black Sun. It was in that moment, Malicar decided to leverage its fearsome reputation to unite the most powerful underworld organizations the galaxy has ever seen...

[member="Malicar"]

Hello, hello! I'm glad to see members bringing back a little villainy and fun, while, plotting for future endeavors. There are just a few things to go over.

1.) Description
824613b4f70c09d1822d9bdb4b2ad079.png
This is a great piece of information, however, it actually belongs under "Intent" at the top. What we're looking for here is the IC Descriptions of what the organization is all about and the purpose it serves.

2.) Membership
8458411179f85608f31ef7dc78c09ab3.png

Again, a good thing, but this does not belong here. This section should be used to expand upon in the IC membership requirements. I see that you posted an interest check in the Factions area, but, a solid Faction Ad would be a good idea too. Use some of those art skills I see you have haha! (Shhhh! Nothing woo's Chaos as well as pretty art...)

3.) Historical Information
Nearly ALL of this section is directly lifted from the Black Suns Wookie Page, in most cases, with the citation numbers of the content still there. You will either need to place this in your own words, or, use it as directed in the Codex Standardized Rules. Any material or intellectual property that is not your own should be handled with care and consideration. The applicable rule is below:

7a725f444afd7580c1478dd405deb230.png

Please note that that the above rule states that small excerpts may be included. It is perfectly fine to emulate the things you like. We all do it, however, we shouldn't ever see entire Wookieepedia pages copied, pasted, and posted. It even has the same headers.

I understand what you're going for, and it's entirely doable, but you will need to correct the above issues before we can proceed.

Would you like me to move the submission to Pre-Codex while you adjust the content?

Hey [member="Srina Talon"] ! Thank you for the review. Sorry I did not have my ducks in a row there and should have read better about the plagiarism of material. I have made the corrections you requested. I will get to work on the ad page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom