Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bio Organic Lightsabers

• Intent: Create a Semi Unique Living Lightsaber Sub
d2bip5d-da8c861d-5aab-4486-90c3-76e824f9f7a5.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Varies
  • Affiliation: Varies
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Yes (Requires separate sub)
  • Production: Semi Unique
  • Material: Modified Amphistaff Tissue
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Organic Lightsabers that come in multiple varieties
  • All Organic Lightsabers can operate under water
  • Capable of Cutting through nearly any Conventional material and deflecting blaster bolts
  • Senses and obeys owner.
  • Photosynthetic and Capable of Self Repair
STRENGTHS
  • Rip and Tear: Lightsaber blades are able to cut through almost any material save another Lightsaber or Alchemized objects. These are no different, their power created by an organ serving the same function as a Kyber Crystal.
  • Grown on Trees: Unlike other Lightsabers there isn't a mechanical part to be found amongst these--they are grown on incredibly rare polyp trees or grown in labs via meditation They are Photosynthetic and heal and recharge by being left in the sun or by syphoning off Force Energy from their owner in extremely minute amounts
  • Attunement: Once fully matured, they are incredibly loyal, refusing to activate for any but their owner, and they can sense each other from farther away than normal Lightsabers, the creature tuning the color of its blade to best reflect the owner's nature, and is more easily manipulated through telekinesis. They also coil around the user's wrist or waist for easy transport. If attuned to a Dark Side Adept, they take on the properties of mechanical Lightsabers with Synthetic Crystals--they become slower to swing, but have a slightly increased chance of breaking the blades of Bio Organic Sabers not attuned as they are, as well as the blades of mechanical sabers with Natural crystals, while lacking the spontaneous short out risk of a synth blade. (Dark Side Attuned bio sabers however, are still vulnerable to being broken by synthetic powered Lightsaber blades in mechanical hilts)
  • Variety: Such Weapons can be grown in a number of ways:
Standard Blade
Lightsaber Shoto
Long Handle Lightsaber

Fight Anywhere: Like mechanical Lightsabers, These can operate in space, and special organs in their body take the place of bifurcating cyclical ignition pulses, allowing them to operate underwater also.

Deflector: Bio Organic Lightsaber blades can deflect blaster bolt just like normal ones

Snake bite: The hilt will secrete mild doses of Amphistaff venom if another attempts to pick it up with their bare flesh who isn't an owner

Resilience: Due to having mini versions of Amphistaff Power Glands, the hilts are difficult to destroy with Lightsabers

WEAKNESSES
  • Cortosis: Most Lightsaber Blades shut off when exposed to pure Cortosis. These are no different
  • Slugthrowers: Bullets splash against these blades, melting and potentially causing splash damage
  • Force Voids: While they can still move, they cannot activate their blades in Force Voids
  • Sonics: Sonic bolts bend around most Lightsaber blades
  • Paddle Beams: Paddle beams can bend around most Lightsaber blades
  • Anti Vong: Weapons that harm Vong Tissue, such as Alpha Red or Baffer Pollen are an immense threat, Alpha Red causing total necrosis within one hour unless cure is applied within the first 14 Minutes. Baffer Pollen flat out causes them to deactivate until it's cured of it or washed off
  • Separation Anxiety: Bio Organic Lightsabers start to go feral and break down if away from their owner too long, partly because they are attuned so immensely to the owner's life force. When the Owner dies of natural causes, it goes into a state of advanced hibernation until someone else comes along and attunes it to themselves. If the Owner dies suddenly and violently, the shock could drive it mad or even kill it. Either way it's unusable.
DESCRIPTION

Bio Organic Lightsabers have become more commonplace in the last few centuries due to reliable development of the technology. Capable of all the feats of a normal Lightsaber, with the added bonus of being easier to care for than normal. Bonding more tightly to their owners, the user of Bio Sabers enjoy quality, a life long bond, and a glimpse into the future.

In order to create one traditionally, Force Users, particularly Jedi, must locate a very young Vong Polyp in a very very early stage of development and immediately began meditating, using the power of the Force to slowly but surely alter it genetically over a course of two days of Nonstop meditation, This Polyp will mutate and eventually "give birth" as normal. If the effort was successful, at least one creature the Polyp Produces will be a Bio Organic Lightsaber, with the others being normal Amphistaffs, its organs all completely altered to serve as the power source and means to form and hold the blade.

Sith and sometimes others create them alternately by taking the single cell of an Amphistaff and applying numerous genetic alterations to their liking before focusing their pain and hatred onto it to start forcing cellular division, growing it completely from the ground up rather than rely on finding it in the wild. Blades created this way can be reattuned by others but will lose whatever properties they previously had.

Bio Organic Lightsabers can come in any color. Excellent as starting weapons or main weapons for player characters

Last edited:
  • Intent: Create a Semi Unique Living Lightsaber Sub
d2bip5d-da8c861d-5aab-4486-90c3-76e824f9f7a5.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Varies
  • Affiliation: Varies
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Yes (Requires separate sub)
  • Production: Semi Unique
  • Material: Modified Amphistaff Tissue
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Organic Lightsabers that come in multiple varieties
  • All Organic Lightsabers can operate under water
  • Capable of Cutting through nearly any Conventional material and deflecting blaster bolts
  • Senses and obeys owner.
  • Photosynthetic and Capable of Self Repair
STRENGTHS
  • Rip and Tear: Lightsaber blades are able to cut through almost any material save another Lightsaber or Alchemized objects. These are no different, their power created by an organ serving the same function as a Kyber Crystal.
  • Grown on Trees: Unlike other Lightsabers there isn't a mechanical part to be found amongst these--they are grown on incredibly rare polyp trees or grown in labs via meditation They are Photosynthetic and heal and recharge by being left in the sun or by syphoning off Force Energy from their owner in extremely minute amounts
  • Attunement: Once fully matured, they are incredibly loyal, refusing to activate for any but their owner, and they can sense each other from farther away than normal Lightsabers, the creature tuning the color of its blade to best reflect the owner's nature, and is more easily manipulated through telekinesis. They also coil around the user's wrist or waist for easy transport. If attuned to a Dark Side Adept, they take on the properties of mechanical Lightsabers with Synthetic Crystals--they become slower to swing, but have a slightly increased chance of breaking the blades of Bio Organic Sabers not attuned as they are, as well as the blades of mechanical sabers with Natural crystals, while lacking the spontaneous short out risk of a synth blade. (Dark Side Attuned bio sabers however, are still vulnerable to being broken by synthetic powered Lightsaber blades in mechanical hilts)
  • Variety: Such Weapons can be grown in a number of ways:
Standard Blade
Lightsaber Shoto
Long Handle Lightsaber

Fight Anywhere: Like mechanical Lightsabers, These can operate in space, and special organs in their body take the place of bifurcating cyclical ignition pulses, allowing them to operate underwater also.

Deflector: Bio Organic Lightsaber blades can deflect blaster bolt just like normal ones

Snake bite: The hilt will secrete mild doses of Amphistaff venom if another attempts to pick it up with their bare flesh who isn't an owner

Resilience: Due to having mini versions of Amphistaff Power Glands, the hilts are difficult to destroy with Lightsabers

WEAKNESSES
  • Cortosis: Most Lightsaber Blades shut off when exposed to pure Cortosis. These are no different
  • Slugthrowers: Bullets splash against these blades, melting and potentially causing splash damage
  • Force Voids: While they can still move, they cannot activate their blades in Force Voids
  • Sonics: Sonic bolts bend around most Lightsaber blades
  • Paddle Beams: Paddle beams can bend around most Lightsaber blades
  • Anti Vong: Weapons that harm Vong Tissue, such as Alpha Red or Baffer Pollen are an immense threat, Alpha Red causing total necrosis within one hour unless cure is applied within the first 14 Minutes. Baffer Pollen flat out causes them to deactivate until it's cured of it or washed off
  • Separation Anxiety: Bio Organic Lightsabers start to go feral and break down if away from their owner too long, partly because they are attuned so immensely to the owner's life force. When the Owner dies of natural causes, it goes into a state of advanced hibernation until someone else comes along and attunes it to themselves. If the Owner dies suddenly and violently, the shock could drive it mad or even kill it. Either way it's unusable.
DESCRIPTION

Bio Organic Lightsabers have become more commonplace in the last few centuries due to reliable development of the technology. Capable of all the feats of a normal Lightsaber, with the added bonus of being easier to care for than normal. Bonding more tightly to their owners, the user of Bio Sabers enjoy quality, a life long bond, and a glimpse into the future.

In order to create one traditionally, Force Users, particularly Jedi, must locate a very young Vong Polyp in a very very early stage of development and immediately began meditating, using the power of the Force to slowly but surely alter it genetically over a course of two days of Nonstop meditation, This Polyp will mutate and eventually "give birth" as normal. If the effort was successful, at least one creature the Polyp Produces will be a Bio Organic Lightsaber, with the others being normal Amphistaffs, its organs all completely altered to serve as the power source and means to form and hold the blade.

Sith and sometimes others create them alternately by taking the single cell of an Amphistaff and applying numerous genetic alterations to their liking before focusing their pain and hatred onto it to start forcing cellular division, growing it completely from the ground up rather than rely on finding it in the wild. Blades created this way can be reattuned by others but will lose whatever properties they previously had.

Bio Organic Lightsabers can come in any color. Excellent as starting weapons or main weapons for player characters

Hello there!

I have to say, this is a very unique and imaginative submission. With that being said, I have come to the conclusion that this must be sent back to the pre-factory given the issues noted below. If you have any questions, feel free to tag me for further dialogue.

Thank you.

TEMPLATE COMPLIANCE:
  • You are missing the ‘OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION’ heading in your template. Please add this.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION:
  • Manufacturer: Varies is not an acceptable entry in this field. You must link the manufacturer.
  • Affiliation: Same as above, and I will also add: considering this is a semi-unique item, the affiliation can’t be ‘varies’. Can you please elaborate as to what your goal is here?
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • How can this organic lightsaber operate under water?
STRENGTHS:
  • Rip & Tear: ‘their power created by an organ serving the same function as a kyber crystal’ - Are you saying this emits an energy beam like a kyber crystal? Is there a canon reference to this technology you can point to? After reading the amphistaff article, it appears to me they are organic creatures that doubled as weapons after bonding with a warrior. I have read nothing to indicate they actually emit a beam of energy. Without any followup explanation that satisfactorily resolves this, my ruling at this point is that this must be revised totally.
  • Grown on Trees: This entire section seems to almost entirely rephrase the section in the wiki article about how Amphistaffs grow and are harvested, with the exception of the meditation angle. I wouldn’t say this is conclusively plagiarism, but rather, a reskin of technology that already exists. This seems to contradict your earlier entry stating that the lightsaber is made from Amphistaff tissue. Instead, this entry appears to imply that the amphistaff itself is the basis of the lightsaber. In short, my ruling is that this line is contradictory at best. Extensive revisions required to make this submission consistent with either your earlier intent, or this one.

SUPPLEMENTARY: I almost feel as though this sub would be better served as a material sub, to establish the abilities of the gland you mentioned, as well as how the tissue is harvested/used. Perhaps even a codex sub given your explanation in the description.

Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

When I put varies I meant that these blades could be constructed by any PC character or found/rewarded as loot for quests and stories. The intent is similar to my other more recent subs that serve the same function. It's meant to be both a regular sub PC characters can use as a Main weapon of as the basis for a unique weapon based off it.

Also, as to your feedback on the way I worded it in grown in trees:

I thought I was just explaining that Amphistaffs were the basis for the sub. I wasn't trying to rephrase the wording at all and going back and reading it I cannot see how you would draw the conclusion you drew. As for subbing an unique tissue sub, I tried doing that already with another sub and that too was forced back to pre factory as the Judges wouldn't accept genetic modifications as a sufficient explanation. Should I just alter a normal amphistaff and mutate it with the Force?

Thank you for following up! Allow me to clarify some of my points as you've mentioned.

The intent is similar to my other more recent subs that serve the same function.

1st and foremost, and this is the most important point - The factory does not operate in any way on precedent. Stating that 'my approved sub does this' is not a valid counterpoint to the ruling of a judge. The reason for this is simple - factory standards may change, certain judges tend to focus on some aspects of the factory a bit more effectively than other aspects of the factory. Referencing approved submissions that deviate too much from the standards of the factory serve a greater chance of those approved submissions getting re-reviewed by a different judge, with said judge insisting that the item in question be changed retroactively.

The only exception i can think of is if it's the same judge, and that judge is making a completely different ruling than what they made under a similar circumstance. But even then, it's a conversation to be had - not a viable counter argument to establish that something is acceptable. Circumstances are always different, and there may be a reason in which the judge can point to as to why they made a different ruling.

Now, with all due respect; in the case of the manufacturers and affiliation section, this is a standard set forth by the very template used to create this submission, which is by extension the rules of the factory. So I do not have the authority to state an exception to this. No other factory judge does. Only John Locke John Locke does.

Also, as to your feedback on the way I worded it in grown in trees:

Allow me to clarify my point further. I probably could have rephrased my monologue about your stating the features of the amphistaff a bit better. I am not conclusively saying you plagiarized the article (that is a very serious accusation). My use of the word was far more casual than intended, so I apologize for the misunderstanding.

What I meant to say was, in short - the process you are describing is similar to how a regular amphistaff is harvested anyway. Yet, in your materials section, you state that the saber is constructed with, to use your own words, modified amphistaff tissue, without bridging the two thoughts together.

As the saying goes, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

You can't say the saber is made by harvesting the amphistaff, which by your own description, would be a rare mutation in and of itself to be formed into a proper lightsaber, while also saying it is made with modified amphistaff tissue. Pick one. Or at least describe the total process if that's your intent.

To clarify further; to your credit, you do, in fact, describe the process of attunement to the saber. That's not what i mean. What i'm talking about is the physical construction of the lightsaber. Is it a mutation, or is it crafted with,'modified' tissue?

If you decide to pick the 'amphistaff tissue' part of it, this is where my suggestion to make a material applies. That submission will stipulate how exactly the tissue is modified.

As for subbing an unique tissue sub, I tried doing that already with another sub and that too was forced back to pre factory as the Judges wouldn't accept genetic modifications as a sufficient explanation.

Again, the factory does not operate based on precedent. The only comment I will make about this other sub is, there are other issues with it outside of the fact it is a material. Part of the issue is the fact you are genetically modifying the material.

But that is all I will say. You are free to submit material, but my recommendation was simply that - a recommendation. You don't have to submit this 'amphistaff' tissue as a material. I merely suggested it to help with some of the other issues in your submission.

Alternatively, you can simply reference the tissue without making a sub for it, but be consistent. Harvest the amphistaff like you've said, but then elaborate on the process of actually using the tissue to make the lightsaber.

I hope this clarifies all of my points. Feel free to reach out if you have further questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom