Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Big iron, Little iron

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

Tag: Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil |
Leenic would see her shaking her head a little while inspecting the engraving on her carbine <"I don't aim to die just yet, Don't you worry">
There it was again. That cynical jab that so many threw her way. She was sure it was because of her biological age, A concept that irked her to no end.
But being underestimated had it's advantages, She supposed. It had let her get closer to targets before, And force willing, It would again.
But then the conversation took a different turn. That 'helping hand' kinda vibe Leenic had given her earlier. A funny back and forth between being cynical and helpful. Or maybe he wasn't being cynical before, And he wasn't trying to tease her into giving up on this whole thing.

<"Hey I appreciate the offer, It's just... The kaminoans already saw to my training"> She stifles a chuckle <"I'd rather not go through Arc-boot camp again yeah? You might be talking to a shiny, True... But not a cadet. Haven't been for awhile now">

<"You ever met Stardust Solus or any of the other bigshots from the union or from Yasha's time? Those were my trainers. Solus'alor, Doctor Awaud, The mer-mando gal. Then you've got the Vizslas, Like Aloy, Who taught me the rogue-ish gunslinger crap. Or Rynn Vizsla, Who's let me tag along with the big leagues lately"> She chuckles a little

<"What about you? You must have had some decent trainers if you're willing to train others, Right?">

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Leenic nodded silently, listening to her explain her training. "Well, you certainly sound like a very powerful opponent in the field." He said, then decided he might as well mention the funky spikes in annoyance he kept sensing every time he spoke about not letting her die. "And Tayl, when I mention not letting you die I'm not implying that your combat prowess is bad but rather trying to remind you of the fact that your life really matters more than mine. Even though Im not one of your clan, you still are the daughter to the Alor of house Visla and that is a very big thing. It's my duty to try to keep you from getting killed, alright?"

Then Leenic stiffened visibly at the mention of training, before shaking himself out and relaxing. "Well, lets just say that working for Director Ben Craig on Task Force 66 has its fair share of Imperial-Regulated trainers.' He said, throwing his left hand up into the air in an exasperated motion before setting it back down on the handle bar. "A lot of my money came from a long-term contract with the Zweihander Union, while there I worked with a Jedi named Red and even became pretty good partners with him. He taught me a ton about fighting and tracking and tactics, and I doubt I'd be here today if he didnt help me out. But when the Union integrated with the Eternal Empire, I guess I finally woke up to what I was doing and I deserted. Something about either all the guys walking around with Red Lightsabers or the sudden increase in war crimes and oppression must have tipped me off."

Then Leenic went silent, focusing simply on the path ahead. Although he did miss his days working for the Zweihander Union, he could never seem to shake the guilt that had manifested inside of him after he deserted. It came partially from leaving a man he considered a brother behind. and partially from the realization that he had willingly fought against the betterment of the very galaxy he called home.

Tayl went silent as Leenic explained how he acquired the experience he had. She practically froze up, Left to stare at the slugthrower in her hands. Ben Craig. Zweihander union. A Jedi named 'Red.' A silver, no doubt about it. Aloy might like to think she's subtle, But Tayl knew more than either of her parents would ever even know.

<"You might change your mind about keeping me alive after telling you this but...">

<"Mother's hunting Red.">
She looks over her shoulder, Her weapon still pointed off to the rear, But her grip on it was begins to tighten.

<"Silver Jedi, Right? Bombed a rebel's wedding? She's preparing a pirate-op and turning guns against the Eternal Empire, Backed by Black Sun. They'll be abducting officers, Craig's high on the list and so is Red">

<"Me though, I'm just here to remind her that I don't need a babysitter back home. I don't know anyone else in her little cause so it doesn't mean much to me but...">

She sighs, Glancing back for just a moment <"Listen, I can fly back on my own just fine. I doubt you want a Vizsla this close right now...">

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

<"You might change your mind about keeping me alive after telling you this but...">
Leenic glanced over his shoulder momentarily, slightly worried by her Tayl's Statement. "I highly doubt that, but that's be-"
<"Mother's hunting Red.">
Leenic went dead silent. Aloy Visla, one of the most well-known Mandalorians and the Alor of Clan Visla, was hunting down Red? His body tensed a bit, and he gripped the handlebars harder. For a moment, it looked like he might just pull over and get off the speeder.

But he didnt, instead he simply took a deep breath and sighed. "Yknow, I had always expected it to be him hunting me down." He said after a minute more of silence. "When I deserted, I kept looking over my shoulder every night to see if any Zweihander Union forces were coming. Hell, I even forged something special to help me fight Red if I needed to. Thankfully Director Craig didn't send any of his goons after me, but I guess this is just the Universe telling me to fix my own mistakes."

<"Listen, I can fly back on my own just fine. I doubt you want a Vizsla this close right now...">
Leenic chucked and shook his head. "No, I think its best for both of us if you stay nearby." He said, slowing down so he could safely look over his shoulder at her. "If the Union knows your mother is coming after them, they will stop at nothing to prevent her from doing so. And that includes kidnapping you for leverage." He said, slouching down a bit. "I should know, I had to do it a few times." He paused, sitting up straight again and glancing up towards the sky. "And either way, I still could use a partner on this mission. And I figure if we get this done your mother wont object to you helping out her little hunt, right?"

"Yknow, I had always expected it to be him hunting me down."
<"I guess I misunderstood your relationship..."> She sighs

Things seemed so much simpler before she stepped onto that ship. Go here, Shoot that, Report back, Do what Solus'alor says. Now she was being exposed to the ever changing loyalties and politics of the galaxy and she hated every second of it.

Yet to her surprise, The rusty mandalorian didn't want to distance himself just yet. Quite the opposite in fact.

<"Well, Can't say I much care for the reason but I'm surprised you still want me around. Guess we're still hunting the Quarran after all">
She stifles a chuckle, Checking over her slug thrower again and then looking over her shoulder at Leenic
<"How much further?">

Leenic smiled under his helmet, Tayl had spirit and that was definitely something they would need for the battle. "We're about 10 minutes out from the recon point." He said, pointing forward towards what appeared to be the drop off of a cliff. "Tatooine Red put his compound down in a valley, so we can get a height advantage on him. Ill use my NT-242 to scout the compound from up there, then we'll set up camp and make a plan of attack for tomorrow morning."

He then cracked his neck and sighed.
"Any questions? Because now is the time to ask them."

Tag: Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil
"Any questions? Because now is the time to ask them."

<"Just the one; Who the hell builds their compound in a valley like that???"> She asks in bewilderment, Shaking her head and looking back out to the trial behind.
<"Make that two; Any airborne targets or scouts to keep in mind? Might affect my concealment methods. Actually, Got a shovel or anything?">
She glances around the speeder for tools and puts her hand on the chin of her helmet, Already working out positions, Firing angles and methods of constructing her hide. A foxhole here, A little window there, Net covering and leafs to cover it all up. Depending on how far they were, She might even be able to use her carbine for this. A lot harder to spot than a blaster bolt.
They could even coordinate their shots; Distract one group with Leenic's flashy blaster, Pop rounds into skulls from a different angle when they turn to spot the bolts.

No no, Thinking a little too far ahead Tayl, Focus on the here and now. Learn first, Plan next. That's what Recon is for.

Leenic laughed. “Evidently, you’ve never had to hide a base.” He said, slowing the speeder to a halt as they came up to the edge of the cliff. “Although it may sacrifice a lot of tactical advantages, placing a base inside of a valley makes it that much harder to find it from the lower atmosphere. But, since I was able to find it, his cowardice makes it that much easier to corner him like a womp rat.”

Once the speeder was fully stopped, Leenic hopped off of the seat and pulled his NT-242 off of a holster on the back. “And I think there’s a shovel inside of the compartment you’re sitting on, so you can dig a foxhole or something. But follow me for now, I wanna take a look at this compound.” Then he trotted off towards the edge of the cliff, lying down and resting his rifle on the floor before lowering his rangefinder and looking through the scope.

<"Well- I mean- ✱sigh✱... Yeah okay"> Tayl grumbled. She had in fact not hidden a base before. Ever the fighter, But never the strategist.

The speeder came to a stop and she hopped off with the newfound shovel in hand, Following Leenic to the cliffside.
She'd drop prone a short distance behind Leenic, Crawling with quite a low profile and coming up beside him, Sticking the shovel deep into the soil and using it to rest her carbine whilst her electrobonocular-software got to work, Giving her an accurate visual of everything below.

<"
Wow... I've never seen this many trees before">

<"Wait~">
She adjusts a knob on the side of her helm, Even leaning forward a little <"Contacts below... Guard towers. A few blaster rifles, Imperial surplus by the look of it. Tally 3, DC-15x. Scopes aren't big enough to be proper snipers though, We got range on 'em. And... Mmm~ Tally 10 or more, Courtyard">

She rolls over a bit, To face Leenic <"Mostly carbines and pistols aside. Easy pickings I'd say. Assuming they don't have heavier firepower inside">

Leenic scanned the compound, allowing Tayl to call out the number of soldiers down there while he listened. He was actually kinda glad she knew all this stuff, since it made scanning for weak points that much easier.

"Good eye." He said, rolling onto his side to look back at the Twi'lek. "Only problem is that our man isn't outside at the moment, so we got no way of knowing if he's even here to kill." Then he rolled back onto his stomach and looked through the scope of his rifle again. "Which leaves us with two options. One: We make camp up here and monitor the base to see if he comes by soon. Or option two: we blast our way in there and check for ourselves, if he isnt there then we beat his whereabouts out of the poor sod that survives our assault."

Leenic ejected the magazine out of his NT-242, checking the ammo counter on it and coughing. "I personally vote for staking it out, since we can just pick him off, fly down there and grab his corpse with our jetpacks, and then I can get A-10 to do a flyby to come grab us."

Tayl glances at the magazine and then up to Leenic, Noting the little cough <"You didn't pack spare ammo... Did you">
She stifles a chuckle as she rolls back over to watch the base below.

"I personally vote for staking it out

<"You're uh... You're the boss, I guess. Or, Seeing as I have ammo to spare and a very particular skill set, I could fly down there, Tear 'em all up and you can keep me covered">
At this point, She was pretty sure she knew what he'd say. So she rests her arm beneath her head and lays on her side
<"Or, You know, We could wait up here for a day. A few days. A few weeks maybe"> She chuckles again <"Whenever he feels like coming out I suppose">

<"You didn't pack spare ammo... Did you">
Leenic rolled his eyes under his helmet at Tayl's comment. "I did, in fact, pack extra ammo. Bounty hunting for 9 years kinda instills that habit in you." He replied, placing the mag back into the rifle and sighing. He figured he didn't need to mention that he only brought one extra mag...but that was despite the point.

When Tayl voiced her apparent disagreement with his plan before suggesting her own, Leenic rolled into his side and nodded.
"I figure that could work." He said. "And I could use the long range practice. I'll allow it, but make sure you draw Red outside of the main building so that I can help if you need it. Got it?"

<"Wait... really?!"> She looks up at Leenic suddenly. She didn't even have time to tease him for being a bounty hunter of nine years with more than two magazines at any given time.
A quick double check on the base's defenses would help her prepare for her little stunt. The guard towers might pose some issue. Even if they didn't see her approach, The higher powered rifles may pose issue to her durasteel plates at that range once she entered the courtyard.

Priority target: Guard towers.

That just left the walls and her lure for Red. Clearing that wall would be easy with a jetpack, But it'd be loud. The front door would be too obvious.
<"Hmm"> She'd just have to cross that bridge when she got there <"Okay, Got a plan. Comm channel is 1-1-7. Be back in a few~">

She crawls to the very edge of the cliff and swings herself over the side, Using short bursts from her jetpack to slow her descent until she was far enough down to stay under the watch tower's line of sight. From there, She let it burn longer, Landing softly in a crouched position and moving for the tree line.

::"How am I looking up there?"::

<"Wait... really?!">
Leenic chuckled, rolling back onto his stomach and looking down the sight of his rifle. "Yes, really." He said, zooming in with his scope to get a good look at one of the guys in the guard tower. "Just keep outta sight, alright? It'll make my job much easier if I dont have to start firing before you make it inside the wall."

<"Okay, Got a plan. Comm channel is 1-1-7. Be back in a few~">
Leenic nodded, switching his comms to the designated channel before watching Tayl dart off to begin making her way down into the canyon. He had to admit, the little Vizla was certainly excelling in her combat abilities. Although she probably would need to study a few strategy manuals before she could operate on the caliber needed to survive the Union. He sighed, his thoughts trailing off to Red and Craig as he watched the young mandalorian jump down the final stretch of her decent. Maybe if he went after Red and stopped him, then he would be accepted for what he was? Get a grip. He thought, mentally scolding himself. Force wielders dont mesh with Mandalorians. Just the way its always been, so you get to live on the outskirts.

::"How am I looking up there?"::
Leenic was yanked out of his thoughts by Tayl's voice coming over his headset, and he quickly hit the button to open up his end. ::"Uhh, like a grey and violet Mando sneaking her way through the trees?":: He suggested, shifting to look at the guard towers. ::"But you're clear for the time being, no one saw you come down I think. And besides, you've got one of the best shots in the guild watching your back so I wouldnt worry too terribly much if I were you."::

::"Uhh, like a grey and violet Mando sneaking her way through the trees?":
::✱Heh Roger::

Tayl was picking up the pace now that she was all clear, Ducking into some taller patches of grass on her way towards the nearest watchtower.
The lookout seemed oblivious so far, Unable to see the Vizsla who had taken such a low profile in the grass, Even at that elevation. She'd chosen a path with plenty of ditches and boulders for that exact reason.

There he is. But how to reach him quietly?

She came to a stop right below the guard tower, Looking right up at the lookout. Some weequay thug, Setting his rifle down for a smoke break by the look of it. Perfect timing.

Tayl throws her hand out suddenly, Casting her whipcord out, Immediately entangling itself around the lookout's throat, Tight enough to keep him from making any audible sound.
A quick jerk on the cord and a twirl of her butterfly knife later, And the weequay was dead in the grass. Tayl put out the cigarette on the thug's clothing to keep it from lighting fire to the grasslands, And wiped her knife clean before retracting her whipcord.
Another launch of the cord would secure her way up to the tower, Which she began to scale in silence.

Once topside, She'd crouch behind the low wall of the tower, Activating her scan-pulse to check on her surroundings.
There were more life-form signatures than she liked in the nearby buildings, But at least she could see the other lookouts through the walls now.
At this point she muted her annunciator so that only Leenic would hear her over the comms

::Scan-contacts in the buildings, More than we thought. Any suggestions to even the playing field while I hit the next lookout?::

Leenic watched as Tayl slunk around the bottom of the valley, watching as she quietly dispatched of a guard before making her way into the base. She certainly did love up to her mother in her combat abilities, and he suspected she would be able to hold her own once the shooting started.

::Scan-contacts in the buildings, More than we thought. Any suggestions to even the playing field while I hit the next lookout?::
::"Tripwire mines.":: Leenic said, shifting to watch the next guard tower with his rifle. ::"Place them at the door of any buildings you pass by. Once the guys inside come running out, they'll all get a one-way ticket to hell."::

::Uh~ yeah. Copy:: Tayl begins patting herself down, Finding no such mine. Only magnetic detonators, A pair of flashbangs, And the the EMP that Leenic had given her earlier. Now she almost felt bad for teasing Leenic about his ammo...
"
Time to improvise~" She sighs, Pulling one of her detonators off her belt, Along with some some cord from her whipcord thrower and first aid-tape from her IFAK.

By attaching the cut cord to the dead-switch and taping it over, She had created an improvised tripwire mine that she was more than a little proud of.
One finished, She began to place them on doorways as she snuck past, Setting them to a 1 second timer for good measure. She only had enough to arm 4 doorways, But it should be enough to give her an edge.
She continued towards the second guard tower after each doorway, Slowly progressing closer and closer until she had reach that part of the wall and begun scaling the tower itself, Poised to strike the lookout as soon as she'd reached the top.

Leenic watched Tayl as she placed her makeshift bombs at the entrances of the buildings, keeping quiet so as not to distract her. He shifted his gaze up to monitor the area in front of her and make sure she wasn't about to be walked up on. When he did, however, he saw two Weequay soldiers walking behind a building in front of Tayl.

::Got two coming up, behind the building about 20 meters ahead on the right.:: He said over comms, putting his finger on the trigger and readying to take the shot. ::If you shift back behind that building on your left there's a few boxes you should be able to hide behind. But if you need, just give the word and Ill waste em both.::

::Copy, Moving now:: Tayl does as suggested, Ducking behind the wall to the left and slinking along the edge of the wall until she was behind the boxes, Pressing her back up against them while she gently tugged her knife off her belt.
Her scan-pulse was no longer feeding her locational data, As it required a short cooldown before rebooting. So for now, She'd have to rely on Leenic's "Eyes up high". She trusted in herself of course, But... She was starting to trust her rusted partner too.

::Scanner's rebooting ✱sigh lemme know when they pass::
At least she had time to think on her next move. Taking on the patrol, Small as it was, Risked noise. Best to just let them pass and move to the second tower. But what about the third? There was a whole courtyard in between her and the third tower, And as much as she'd like to keep showing off for Leenic, It'd be painfully slow...

Ah! Use 2nd's rifle, Snipe third. Dramatic entrance, Draw out Red, Call him out to duel. Rusty kill's target, We go home.

Leenic watched the two guards walk down the pathway, waiting until they turned around a building farther down before opening his channel again. ::Clear.:: He said, shifting his gaze back to the far end of the path. ::Move quickly, dont wanna get spotted do ya?:: Then he chuckled, zooming out to get an overview of the area. There didnt appear to be anyone else going near Tayl's location, but he decided to keep a close watch on it anyway.

Leenic sighed, the plan was going well so far but if there was anything Bounty Hunting had taught him it was that plans almost always seemed to go wrong once faced with resistance. He scanned the entire base with his eyes, hoping to see anything that could possibly go wrong so that he could remedy it before it became a problem. But it did not seem like there was anything major at the moment, so Leenic would just have to wait to see if everything went smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom