Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Big iron, Little iron

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

seezelslak-cantina-star-wars-tales-from-the-galaxy-s-edge-83tgyfe637-1.jpg

B A T U U
BLACKSPIRE OUTPOST

Tag: Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil
Equipment: In bio
Music: Big Iron(Roux Bedrosian

To the town of Blackspire Outpost rode a stranger one fine day,
Hardly spoke to folks around her, Didn't have too much to say.
No one dared to ask her business, No one dared to make a slip,
For the stranger there among them had a
Big Iron on her hip.

Big iron on her hip

It was early in the morning when she rode into the town,
She came riding from the south side, Slowly looking all around.
"She's an outlaw loose and running" came a whisper from each lip,
"And she's here to do some business with the big iron on her hip"

Tayl continued to sing the old song as she stepped off her speeder, Beginning to hum gently inside her helm. It wasn't long before she found herself in a little cantina, Full of drunk patrons and unsavory individuals. Most ignored the oddly short mandalorian, Who's armor was very clearly marked with Clan Vizsla emblems and leather armored Lekku that denoted her origins as a Twi'lek.
A few gave her looks for that little height issue of hers, But quickly disregarded her others. That is, Until she approached the bar counter.

<"Excuse me,"> She calls out to the bartender, Knocking her knuckles against the counter.

The large alien turns around slowly, Giving her the once over and a funny look "What'll it be, Little mando?"

<"Oh uhm. I don't drink">

The bartender blinks once and then gestures to the door "This ain't the place you're lookin' for than, Little mando."

<"Than you'd be mistaken~"> The "little mando" sets a bounty puck on the table, Displaying the holographic image of a
nasty looking Quarran, With a high bounty and higher body count.

<"I'm looking for this guy; Tatooine Red they call 'em"> She says with a bemused tone, Attracting the attention of some wide eyed patrons. They knew the little mando would end up dead.
The bartender just scoffs "Yeah he's on Batuu. Dunno where though. His newest slugthrower's notches already number 1 and 19 more, I suggest you find a new line of work, Little mando, Before you run into an early retirement"

<"Riiiight. Thanks for nothing dude"> The little mando simply shrugs turns, Leaning back against the counter while tapping it with her finger. Obviously he wasn't going to be any help, Best start scoping out better sources of info. Ugh! This is nothing like the holo-movies!

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Leenic had been taking part in a pre-hunt ritual of his for the past hour...no, two hours now. The ritual in specifics was called sleeping off the huge hangover he had aquired from the night before. It was about the time that the little Mandalorian walked into the cantina that Leenic woke up from his slumber, noticing through the haze of his sleep eyes that she was a Twi'lek and that she had a few markings from both House Visla and the Black Hand. Interesting. He thought, pushing his head up from the table. Then he saw the bounty puck activate, and the face of Tatooine Red (who Leenic swore was from a song) popped up on it. Then the barkeep dismissed the Twi'lek's questions before she turned back to scan the patrons.

With the sight of another Mando in search of the same target sobering him up, Leenic stood up from the table and made his way over to the open bar space next to her. "Get me the strongest thing you got on tap." He said to the barkeep before looking down at the Mandalorian next to him. "Glad to see another vod is working this bounty."

Tag: Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil
Tayl gave the taller vod a polite little nod as he approached, Minding her own business otherwise until she'd been addressed
<"Same! Well, Trying to anyway. Might just draw 'em out with a duel if I don't get a lead soon"> She chuckles, Offering Leenic a handshake
<"Tayl Vizsla. Bounty Hunter's guild, For the time being. You?"> Her tone was friendly, And she definitely sounded like a newer hunter.

Despite this however, She seemed well armed, Dressed in what looked to be carbon-durasteel armor based on the blaster scoring and scratches that one wouldn't expect to see on beskar, And a multitude of weapons visible on her, Including; a DE-10, A lever action slugthrower on her back, Some kind of knife on her belt sticking out amongst a quartet of various grenades, And of course; A abnormally large pistol that clung to her hip, Looking almost like a small carbine on the small twi'lek.

Leenic listened to the Twi'lek while she spoke, glancing down at her with surprise when she said her name. "A Visla?" He said, shaking her hand when she extended it. "Well, I guess with how much of a hotshot your clan's alor is its bound to rub off on the new members. I assume that's why you're down here, hotshot?"

At that moment, the barkeep set down Leenic's drink. After handing some credits over to the alien, Leenic continued talking. "Anyway, a quick word of advice, don't challenge bounty targets to duels. They never play fair, and I don't think that armor will stop every shot they throw at you."

Tag: Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil |
She chuckled quietly at being called "Hotshot", Cocking her head to the side as she listened to Leenic over her shoulder.
<"That so? Well neither do I"> She taps her fingers against the
large pistol on her hip <"I can take care of myself, Don't you worry">

<"I suppose it does rub off a little though. 'Like mother, Like daughter' and all that">

After crossing her arms at the mention of her mother, She sighs under he breath and glances back at Leenic <"If you got a better idea though, I'm all ear-cones">

Leenic paused momentarily at the mention that Aloy was this girl's mother. "Wait, your mother is Aloy Visla?" He asked, pulling his helmet off and downing the shot of alcohol in front of him. "Remind me not to get you killed during this hunt."

Once he finished his alcohol, he patted his own blaster and chuckled. "Well, a pistol only works as good as you can use it." He said, turning towards the young Mando. "Which begs the question of, do you know how to use that pistol?"

It was the same story everywhere she went. Bred for war with no expenses forgotten, And yet everyone she came across elected to treat her like a child fresh from the vat.
Tayl turns to Leenic suddenly, Leaning a bit
<"I was trained by no less than 4 clan Alors and treated by the best geneticists on kami-"> No. No one needs to know about Kamino. I am not just some clone! She thought.

Her bio-inhibitor chip immediately fed chemicals into her system, Lowering her pulse back to normal levels and calming her before she even had the chance to let emotion cloud her judgement any further.
Crossing her arms, She turns to stare back absentmindedly at the crowd, Her tone already shifting to something more even

<"Yes, I know how to use it. Yes Tan'yill and Aloy are my mothers. I can also use my second pistol, My slugthrower, Butterfly knife, And grenades fairly decently, I reckon">

<"And the jetcpack missiles... Pretty much anything a mandalorian would be trained in. Am I painting a pretty enough picture for you?">

Leenic raised an eyebrow at the half-mention of Kamino, but since Tayl seemed reluctant to talk about it he didn't say anything. When she listed off all the things she was trained in, he let out a low chuckled. "I have no doubt in my mind that your clan trained you well." He said. "But do you know how to use that pistol? Y'know, the specific one sitting in your holster." Realizing that she probably didn't understand, Leenic drew his own pistol and held the handgrip towards her. "Here, hold my pistol. It's an RSKF-44, one of the more common heavy blaster pistols out there."

Once she grabbed it, he leaned back on the counter. "Now, that pistol has been modified to be barrel-heavy to remove recoil. However, I never modified her to love firing in two-shot bursts." He said, holding out a finger gun. "Y'know: one-two, pause. That's her little quirk, all guns have one and you have to learn your guns quirks before you become an exceptional shot. Let the weapon become an extension of your body and all that jazz." Then he down his second shot and sighed. "So what I was trying to say was: do you know your guns quirks?"

Tayl paused, Carefully taking the heavy pistol in both hands while she listened to it's owner speak. She traced her finger over the inscription on the barrel, Smiling beneath her helmet At the beautiful black finish and the craftsmanship. Curiously, She could see and feel a magazine ready to take slugs, Not just power cells and gas canisters. It looked like this beautiful pistol could take fire both when needed.

<"This one's a beauty... Can take both slugs and gas, I reckon"> She looks up at Leenic as he continues.

"Now, that pistol has been modified to be barrel-heavy to remove recoil. However, I never modified her to love firing in two-shot bursts." He said, holding out a finger gun. "Y'know: one-two, pause. That's her little quirk, all guns have one and you have to learn your guns quirks before you become an exceptional shot. Let the weapon become an extension of your body and all that jazz." Then he down his second shot and sighed. "So what I was trying to say was: do you know your guns quirks?"
That thought interested her. She imagined it was another test of experience, Which she would likely fail for the simple lack thereof, Aside from the odd duel here or there.
But as she thought deeper on the subject, A couple came to mind.

She suddenly looks over to Leenic, Carefully handing back his pistol before sliding her own from it's holster, Handling it in both hands much like the other. Though this one seemed almost bigger.

<"She's the last of her kind. Dunno what model but... She's a rotary-hand cannon. the rotary is a little slower on the startup, And you have to pull this little hammer back to activate it. But it doesn't lock right anymore, So you gotta hold it down like you're half through fanning a revolver">

There might be more to it than that, But she knew a little <"I think I'm starting to understand why you ask">

When Tayl mentioned that she noticed his weapon could take slugs, he nodded. "Yeah, she's very good. Goes right through shields with the slugs." He said, then watched as she handed his weapon back and took out her own. "But that one is certainly unique. It seems like it will serve you well should you have to use it."

Then he holstered his weapon and stood up from the bar. "Now, if you want a partner for finding Tatooine Red, I'll be right out front for the next couple minutes. I need to study some maps and check my equipment." He said, stepping towards the door. "And if not, I hope you don't try and take him on in a duel. Seen too many kids die like that."

<"Huh. Maybe I misjudged you"> She says in a low voice as Leenic passes, Watching him head outside. That rusty vod was starting to seem more helpful than patronizing. A welcome change indeed.
She turns her pistol over once or twice more, Still leaning against the counter and Contemplating everything that had been said.

A decision had to be made. Be respected or Be smarter?

She sighs, Sliding her hand-cannon back into it's holster as she leaves the bar, Heading outside and leaning against the wall beside the door frame.

<"Alright vode. Where we heading?">

Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Leenic had been adjusting the sight on his E-11 when Tayl spoke up, surprising him slightly. "Glad to see you decided to come along." He said, slipping the blaster in a holster on the speederbike in front of him before turning around to look at the little Mandalorian. "Hate to see Aloy's daughter get killed all the way out here in the middle of nowhere."

Then he reached into his satchel and pulled out a holo-disk, activating it to show a map of the planet.
"Now, where we're headed isnt too far away from this place, about an hour's ride on a speederbike to be exact, but it's Mr. Red's compound." He said, pointing at a small blinking dot on the map. "Havent had much of a chance to do recon on it, but I figure it's going to be pretty heavily armed once we get there so be ready for anything."

Putting the disk away, Leenic stretched out his right arm before grabbing an EMP off his bandolier. "Take this." He said, handing it to Tayl. "Since youve got a slugthrower, you can use this to disable enemy weapons while yours remains intact. Very helpful when you get outnubered."

Tayl rolled her eyes at the daughter comment, But otherwise had little visible reaction, Politely taking the EMP in both hands when offered
<"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind"> She nods along, Clipping the EMP to her bandoleer.

After a moment, She hops on the back of the speeder, Sitting side-saddle as she pulls the Lever action slugthrower-carbine off her back, Checking the chamber for a round before closing her up and getting comfortable back there.
<"You're not gonna see me die out here though. Not today, So lead on and let's get paid, Yeah?"> She chuckles, A little more genuine in tone this time around.

<"I gotta ask you though, How did you find mister Red? Afraid gathering intel isn't something I was taught. More so the bagging and tagging, You feel me?">

Leenic chuckled at Tayl's explanation for not being well-versed in tracking. "Well, it was quite simple actually." He said, climbing up onto the speeder himself and starting it up. "He wasn't really trying to cover his tracks all that much, so once I started looking it only took a day or so to get enough information to triangulate the position of his base. After that, all I had to do was ask around and pay off a couple gang members and, voila, gang hideout localized. And before you ask, yes, I am aware this could be a trap which is yet another reason we are gonna do some recon on the base before we go in guns-a-blazin'."

Once he finished explaining how he found Red to Tayl, Leenic hit the accelerator of his speeder and the two of them sped off towards the south. "Y'know, I used to be a lot like you then I was just starting my career in Bounty Hunting. Took a Princess' convoy head-on one time, I was lucky to escape there with both the princess and my life." He said, shaking his head. "But one hundred million credits will make a lot of people do stupid things, and I guess it's why Im so well-off today. But still, tracking a target and planning ahead can get you the same pile of credits, if not more, than a reckless shootout and you dont have to fear for your life while doing it."

Tayl sat on the back of the speeder with her carbine shouldered and at a low ready position, Holding rear security just like she was taught. All the while, Dust trailed behind them while she listened to the bounty hunter speak, Telling an interesting little tale.
It seemed to her that the tracking part was a little easier than she thought, It just required a few credits in the right pockets and a little connecting the dots after.

He made another point that reminder her a little more of her training; Recon. They had to scout things out first, Play it smart and learn more about their enemy's position beforehand. She groans a little, Knowing that she'd put her time table before her own training.

Then came along this 'princess' talk, And she couldn't help but chuckle a little.

<"Damn, hundred mil? That's a lot... But I'm not doing this for the money"> She states with quiet conviction in her purpose here, And then looks over her shoulder at Leenic <"Tell me about this princess girl. Was she angry?">

Leenic couldn't help but laugh at the memory of the princess. "You know the saying 'Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned'? Well, whoever said that has no idea how right they were." He said, breifly glancing over at Tayl before turning his attention back to the desert ahead of them. "She tried to blow me up three-no four times in one day. Boy was I happy to drop her off at the guild once I cleared some head, but I highly doubt Ill ever be allowed to fly in that parsec without being blasted out of the sky."

Then he cracked his neck and looked back at Tayl. "But enough about me, I wanna learn a bit about you." He said. "You said you arent doing this for the money, so what gives? Tatooine Red got a lover of yours? Or are you just idealistic, because if so I'd recommend you get a new job. This one doesnt pay well for those who do a lot of good with their lives."

"You know the saying 'Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned'?
Tayl giggles like a mad woman, Rolling her head skyward and sighing happily. If Mama, Tan'yill that is, Was anyone to go by, Then she knew damn well the saying was true. Though thinking on it, Had she ever been angry enough to demonstrate for herself? She was beginning to wonder if her eyes would glow with the same rage as her mother's one day. Though she hoped no one would ever push her far enough to find out, Especially with her chip keeping her cool.

But then the rusty mandalorian spoke up again, And her mood took a sudden turn

"But enough about me, I wanna learn a bit about you." He said. "You said you aren't doing this for the money, so what gives?
She lets the carbine sit in her lap now, Head sinking low <"You seem to know about my mother. You met her? Aloy Vizsla?"> She sighs
<"I wasn't... I'm not like the rest. She doesn't think I'm... She's the clan Alor, Running her own rebellion out there, You know?">

<"I got big shoes to fill. I wanna show her they'll fit, One day">

She shoulders the carbine again, Tapping her finger on the wooden carapace and looking back at the dusty trails behind. Anything to grab her attention and place it elsewhere.

Leenic nodded quietly as Tayl finished her explanation, giving her a moment before speaking up. "Y'know, I'm sure this doesn't mean a lot coming from some Bounty Hunter that's met your mother in passing, but from what I've seen of you you're a lot like your mother." He said, looking over his shoulder at the little Mando. "In a good way, I mean. You both are very confident in yourselves, but also able to get past that confidence and make smart decisions. So, in my opinion, you don't gotta prove anything to anyone."

He drove on in silence for another minute before he spoke up again. "You want my advice?" He asked, not waiting for an answer. "Don't wear your mom's boots. There's nothing wrong with not following along in someone else's steps, sometimes you gotta make your own path. It's what I did, and look at me now! I've been around the galaxy at least twice, am richer than most people can dream of being, and have seen the rise and fall of empires. Not too shabby of a life if ya ask me."

Silence took hold, Save for the rustling of a scarf's fabric against the lip of her helm as she looked over her shoulder at Leenic and back again, Slowly. Whether he knew it or not, Those words would stick with Tayl her entire life.

The following minute of silence would give the young Vizsla some time to think on all of this.
She was far from home right now, But not lost. She'd taken her ship out here by herself without her mother's knowledge, Traveled far enough and long enough to see some things, Do some things and learn some things. She was, For the most part, Self sufficient she thought.

There was always the option that she didn't have to go back home. She could tag along with Leenic here awhile longer, Or part ways after they raided the compound and focus on exploring more of the galaxy.
But... As much she wanted to, Did her mothers deserve that kind of stress in their life?

Sighing, She goes back to watching the rear.
It was then that Leenic spoke up again;

"You want my advice?"
<"Well since you~">
"Don't wear your mom's boots.
Oh. She didn't have a choice.
She sat idly by while leenic spoke again, Explaining the value of walking one's own path and the benefits it brought upon his life. She nodded to herself in agreement, It wasn't too shabby at all. But... There was one thing missing.

<"I suppose I used the wrong words back there,"> She looks over her shoulder again <"Words are her thing. I was never any good with 'em.
But, I am most definitely my own girl. I walk my own path and nobody can take that from me">
She stated very 'matter of factly'

<"But it's her approval I'm after. I want to hear her say it! That she was wrong. That I'm not just some child to babysit. I get that, I'll have all I've ever wanted">

There is a short pause as she turns back, Watching the road again <"'Course, She's not my only mother I gotta worry about"> She forces a chuckle

Leenic nodded. "Well, I can't give you much advice in that field since I didn't really seek approval from my parents. I just kinda did my own thing and it worked out fine." He said, pausing momentarily to think about his past. Did it really work out? Being a force wielder certainly made life easier, but it also removed him from House Ellsil. Sighing, he shook his head and decided to continue. "But if you want her approval I guess I can offer my assistance. I mean, it would probably help if you didn't die trying to do it, right?" He then let out his own chuckle, glancing backward to see Tayl's reaction.

After his attempt at a joke, Leenic turned his attention back to the desert ahead as they sped along. He thought about his own childhood, and how he was actually kinda similar to this kid when he was young: headstrong, quick to the trigger, and eager to prove himself. He stole another glance at the Twi'lek Mandalorian before speaking up again.
"And I could help you train a bit for this, if you want." He said, patting her shoulder. "Who knows? You might have to take this guy on your own, and that would certainly help your reputation."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom