Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Between Wars and Hard Decisions (Green Jedi/Corellian Confed.)

Ashani Kyp

A
TWpeSck.png
GREEN JEDI TEMPLE GROUNDS
hDEq54x.png
Times were tough, or at least that whats they'd said.

She remembered an easier time, bouncing among the stars. No kids, no Husband, no duty.

And that's what called her back every time. The duty of the thing. Endless rotations among the fleet. Long days in the battlefield, sloggin' through reams of intel collection and sensitive site exploitation papers. She was tired, and so was her family.

Something so small but fragile they were. A Confederation held together at its core by hope and a dream. The dream had to live on.

Plus she needed some family time. That's why she'd brought her oldest, Tatiana in for force sensitivity screening. She wasn't exactly sure who'd be there today, but it was a big day for the young woman.

As they entered the grounds she smiled and ruffled Tatiana hair playfully. She got the wry eyeball and smirked,

"Chill kid. You're gonna do just great."

"What if I don't want to be a Jedi?" Tatianna fired back, all snark.

"Then I'll dump you out an airlock first chance I get. It's in your blood, an' no kid o' mine is gonna grow to be Sith young whippersnapper."

"Mom!"

"Chill!"

Sure Abel didn't approve it. But hey, he was a Pilot and she was the Jedi of the family.

"Let's see who's in today eh?"

The Jedi temple ground were peaceful despite Corellia's expansion. Since the Imperial Bloc crumbled in the Core and the Sith retreated to their Outer Rim home outside of small disagreements and the occasional raid in the far flung outer systems the life of a Green Jedi like Morteg was...slow, though he felt the Force swirling around the Galaxy. Change was coming, but what that change was he could not forsee. Crossing his arms as he strode through the temple grounds his thoughts turned to his apprentice, no doubt galavanting off with a Starchaser or Romi.

He'd been so lost in thought he nearly missed Knight Kyp. He offered a smile and ran a hand through his hair.

"Knight Kyp, surprised to see you I am," his brow raised at the child with her as well, "Brought your child for screening you have?"

Temple Training Grounds
A little light sparring
~ ~ ~
The two lightsaber clashed and locked together for a moment, for a moment it appeared as if the purple blade would gain supremacy, when suddenly the green blade deactivated and Soli Baris stumbled forward. Gnost Karr, reignited his blade and slashed out as she stumbled by, scoring a small hit on her hip. Had these blades been set on anything other than training, the cut would have done some serious damage.

"What did you do wrong there?" Kian asked from where he was kneeling along the perimeter of the training circle. Soli turned and looked at him, practically growling.

"I do not remember you teaching me that trick when we trained together." She spat back and turned and bowed to the younger Kel Dor Jedi. While his expression was covered by his mask, Kian new his nephew was beaming beneath the mask. Kian had started having the two padawans training together and Soli had soundly beaten him each time. This was the first time Gnost has scored a hit on the more experienced Jedi.

"I did not teach that to him." Kian said smiling. "He is a student that actually studies on his own." Kian said chuckling at her bemused expression. Kian saw Jedi Master [member="Morteg"] walking past in the distance and decided he should touch base with the fellow Jedi. Rising to his feet, Kian turned to the two padwans. "Continue your training, I have duties to attend to." Kian bowed his head to them and turned to follow the Jedi Master.

Coming upon Morteg, he saw that [member="Ashani Kyp"] was also there and a small child was with her. Kian assumed it was her child and for a moment Kian thought of Plo and smiled solemnly beneath the mask.

"Greetings." Kian said as he approached. "I hope I'm not intruding."

Ashani Kyp

A
[member="Morteg"] [member="Kian Karr"]

She returned the smile.

"Yes I know I don't make an appearance quite so often as I should Master Morteg. Corellian Defense force keeps me real busy, but yes."

She gave a curt bow.

"This is my daughter, Tatianna Kyp. Tatianna this is Master Morteg, a very wise and powerful Jedi. He's my boss girl."

"Pleasure to meet you sir."

She laid a hand on Tatiannas shoulder. So many memories were floating back through her mind. The day she had walked into the New Jedi Orders temple for screening, she remembered feeling warm, but also confused. Like a leaf tossed in a hurricane. Those were simpler time though.

When Kian arrived she smirked, and shot the Kel Dor a wink.

"Master Karr! A pleasure, no not at all."

She pushed Tatianna forwards a little and nodded.

"If you're willing tot take charge of her, I'd like to spar with Master Kar for a moment."

Kian bowed his head to those present and turned toward the child. "I am Kian Karr," He said placing a hand over his heart and radiating warmth into the force. "It is a pleasure to meet you." As Kian finished speaking Soli Baris and Gnost Karr made their way toward the group, having finished their sparring.

"Oh, hello there." Soli said rather excited by the presence of the young child. Confident that [member="Morteg"] would be willing to entertain the child, and with Soli and Gnost present, Kian felt they could spare some time for sparring. Truth be told, he could use a little sparring. He had been rather inactive lately and it was not good to let your muscle memories atrophy.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea." Kian said and removed his outer robe, leaving himself in his black tunic and paints, highlighted in dark green. Unclipping his lightsaber from his belt, he walked to the center of the training circle. Thumbing the power switch, the blade sprang to life with a snap-hiss revealing a green blade that was slightly thicker due to the Solari crystal Kian used in his lightsaber.

"I could do with a little exercise." Kian said dropping into his typical opening fighting stance, the hilt of his saber held at waist height with the blade pointed down and to the right in a low guard position. "Ready when you are." Kian said smiling beneath his mask.

[member="Ashani Kyp"]​

Ashani Kyp

A
[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Morteg"]​
eN2Zqew.png
Ashani nodded, and dropped her coat. Underneath was a plain spacers jumpsuit, trousers and a small tabbard looking tunic with the Order Emblem on it. Basic, and discreet.

"Than I hope I provide a challenge Master Kar. I'm always down for a little enlightenment as well."

She reached out with her right arm. Her lightsaber hilt met her palm with a smack, and then the teal blade hissed to life.

With a mental twist she dialed down the power to stun.

Her right foot slid back, left forwards, and her hips squared off to him.

The blade came outstretched in her right hand, point first, grip loose, elbow cocked just a bit.

A classic Makashi opener.

"The pleasantries of course."

She gave a small bow, a time honored tradition among Jedi duelists.

"Your move."

Kian watched the Jedi before him ignite her blade and take a stance typical of Makashi. Kian smiled beneath the mask. This would be an enjoyable match. Kian hadn't sparred with a Makashi user in some time. [member="Kana Truden"], one of his closest friends as a young Jedi, was a master of the form and Kian had always learned much in each of their sparring sessions. Nodding to Ashani when she bowed, Kian brought his own saber up and performed the Makashi salute and then lowering his blade, began to pace to the left of his opponent. He also was sure to turn the setting to training mode, least any accidental strikes occur!

Kian practiced a defensive heavy variant of Form V typically relying on the defense and counter-attack style of Shien rather than the overpower attacks of Djem So, though Kian had mastered both variants. He found the defensive counter-punching style of Shien fit with his mentality as a Jedi better than the dominant Djem So. However, in a lightsaber duel with a Makashi user, Djem So was the better style to use.

Coming forward, Kian raised his lightsaber up to attack with the powerful falling avalanche attack typical of Djem So. However, instead of bringing his saber down in a two-handed strike, Kian instead feinted. He began his downward attack, but shifted the momentum to the side and dropped into a crouch striking out with his leg in an attempt to sweet Ashani's legs out from under her.

[member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Morteg"]​

Before he could levy an answer the two Jedi had left him behind, leaving Morteg behind with his mouth agape to answer the question and his hand reached out towards the pair as they walked away. His mouth shut and he turned his face to the young girl who was already taller than he was. He inhaled and closed his eyes, turning back and smiling to the girl.

"Well...Here to be checked you are, and so checked you shall be." He turned around and started towards the medical center expecting the girl to follow him When he wasn't sure she was he turned around, his hair that was almost as long as his body flipped around his body as he nodded for the youngling to follow him with a grunt.

"Come come, young Tatianna Kyp."

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Ashani Kyp"]

Ashani Kyp

A
[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Morteg"]​
eN2Zqew.png
One of the finer parts of Makashi was footwork. She tracked his strike, and smiled. If your eyes followed the blade, the blade could lie. Staring at an opponents shoulders could tell you a bit more. When you tracked their foot work, the angle of their hips, and their gaze? It all added together to paint a picture of what they were gonna do next.

She knew he was gonna feint. Her wrist flicked up, connecting her blade with his to dispatch it from her AO, with crackling sound like lightning.

She didn't catch the sweep though.

She tried to shuffle back, caught her foot and stumbled. She kept her guard steady, blade out.

Both knees bent just a little, giving her a better base of gravity. Her left arm pushed her back to standing.

Then she countered, locking her foot in place, trying to hook his.

The lightsaber danced down in a V shaped strike towards the Master. The strikes were quick, light and finesse...

eN2Zqew.png
Meanwhile....
Tatianna followed the little green master, folding both hands behind her back. As they walked she could sense something, but only just. It was like a faint whisper on the wind, nudging her mind. She got a little clammy.

Is this part of the test?
What is happening?

The sounds of blades clashing drew Val’s attention from his own training saber as the boy stood in the courtyard of the temples going through the base velocities of Shii-cho. A form that despite its relative simplicity the youth still found more to learn from it after every practice. Lifting the blaster visor up and looking across the courtyard the boy’s eyes widened as he watched Master Kian Karr fight Ashani Kyp. The boys heart skipped a beat as the battle continued on, almost like a dance between the two.

So focused on their duel the boy had forgotten about the training remotes Morteg had set up. From one a red energy dart emerged and struck the adolescent in his bum. A sharp yelp left the boys lips his hand instinctively reaching to grab his bottom the sting all too fresh for the pain to subside. “Stang!” The boy whispered harshly his eyes darting around to ensure no one had heard him swear, he didn’t want to be forced to clean the archives again due to yet another slip up.

Once more the small probe fired a beam of energy but this time Val was prepared. Spinning on his heels the boy deflected it back at the probe that spun where the beam collided with a small portion of it and the energy was absorbed. Near instantly another bolt followed which Val leapt back narrowly avoiding it hitting one of his feet.

Reaching his right hand out to summon the force the lad had every intention of flinging the thing away with the force only for it to release a dart of energy that smacked into his wrist leaving once more a sting and breaking his concentration. It seemed Morteg had programmed them to be a bit smarter after catching onto Val’s usual antics when it came to dealing with problematic remotes.

[member="Ashani Kyp"], [member="Morteg"], [member="Kian Karr"]

Kian's sweep did not take Ashani out, but it did force her back. However, she recovered quickly and countered with her own attack. Kian was caught between her attempting to hook his foot and her lightsaber attack all while in a precarious position due to his crouch. Seeing no option in continue the attack, Kian went with a....tactical retreat. Diving to the side, he rolled to give some distance and came up with his lightsaber in a guard position. It had been close, as he'd felt the heat of her blade pass within centimeters as he'd rolled to the side.

"You young one is your daughter?" Kian asked, always enjoying using a duel to get to know colleagues. "Do you have other children?" Kian inquired as he came forward once again. This time with a series of quick cuts and jabs meant to gauge the Makashi user's defenses. Kian had no intentions of any of these attacks landing, but was rather doing the dance of lightsaber combat. So much of lightsaber to lightsaber dueling was feeling out your opponent and looking for weaknesses in their combat styles. Kian was impressed with Jedi Kyp's defenses. After this series of cuts and jabs, Kian came in with a powerful, two-handed slash aiming from the Jedi's left shoulder and trailing toward her right hip.

[member="Val Ticon"] | [member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Morteg"]​

The clinic wasn't far from the training yard and the pair were there in minutes. An aging medical droid turned to greet Morteg as the doors hissed open.

"Good afternoon Master Morteg," came the feminine robotic voice, "Has Padawan Ticon been injured by the probe training you programmed?" The small Jedi chuckled and waved his hand dismissively.

"No, not yet." He shuffled to the side to allow Tatiana to enter behind him. "A test for the Force we ask. Young Tatiana's mother, brought her she has."

"Ah!" The droid said excitedly, clasping its hands together. "Let me get my things, please Master Tatiana, make yourself comfortable on the table. I will be with you shortly!"

[member="Ashani Kyp"]

header6.png
Visiting...

As the Star Dancer descended down through Corellia's lower atmosphere, her pilot sighed as a pair of gold-speckled hazel eyes took in what was New Coronet. The blue-skinned Jedi Knight had not seen the planet since it was terraformed... or what was left of its former self. The Rutian Twi'lek had fond memories of spending time at a fellow Jedi's compound located in the foothills of Coronet Peak, though it did't seem to exist any more after Corellia was tragically broken in two.

Pushing those wistful thoughts into the Force as clearance to land at the Green Jedi Temple was received, Cambria focused now on bringing the A-36 Sleuth in on final approach. The Jedi Ace lowered the scout vessel down on its repulsarlifts onto the landing pad with well practiced ease.

A tootle came from her astromech droid, who had been serving as Cambria's co-pilot and companion during the long journey the mission she'd just completed for the Jedi Alliance had taken her. This stop on Corellia was supposed to be a layover for the Twi'lek Jedi, but the Force kept whispering to her the stay might be more involved that just that. The Force seemed to work in mysterious ways the Knight over the years had come to understand. One didn't question the Force's will per se, but acknowledged it and proceeded forward with awareness and caution.

"You are correct, Arjay... Things have changed greatly since we were last here, but change can be beneficial. We must look to the positive that the Green Jedi are still thriving and their temple has been rebuilt. I look forward to seeing both for my own eyes," Cambria answered her slate gray and white R9 unit thoughtfully as they prepared to exit the ship.

Cambria slipped on her sienna-colored cloak over her modified Jedi robes, then pulled the attached hood up over the Twi'lek headgear worn; the twin head tails wrapping naturally around her neck in a protective manner. The Jedi Guardian then hit the wall panel on the hull in the cargo area and lowered the aft boarding ramp to disembark with her dome-topped companion rolling along just behind the exotic beauty's booted heels.

[member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Morteg"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Val Ticon"]​

Kaito stepped out of his landspeeder, the sleek and stylish MSL-67 as its repulsors powered down. Behind him the butterfly doors hissed closed. He took a deep breath through his nose and turned to look back out at the mountain range just beyond the landing pad, the smell of fresh water on stone filling his nostrils. Around him were shuttles and starfighters of various Jedi Knights and Masters with a spattering of other civilian vessels.

Oh the contempt he had for the Green Jedi of Corellia. Guardians of Virtue, Heroes of the Emerald Jewel...They honestly made great marketing material and propaganda. What other system could boast to have their own home-grown order of Jedi? Few if any, and none came to mind off the top of his head. Kaito adjusted his tie and smiled sheepishly at the Jedi Guardian droid approaching him. They were reminiscent of a popular security droid mostly used by CorSec, but obviously much much older. He wondered how many of the units roamed the halls and kept this place in tip top shape during and after the cataclysm.

He wondered if they even cared they'd been left alone for nearly a decade.

"What is your business with the temple today Councilor Kiyoshi?" Councilor...How he'd risen. Though the title sounded more regal than it actually was. He was actually just one of many Councilors on the Corellian Council who represented several sectors within Coronet. A mayor, or glorified Senator.

"I heard there were youngling and Padawan demonstrations today. I thought I'd give the little ones some encouragement!" The droid inclined its head, seemingly giving thought to his request.

"You know we can't let you pop up unannounced to watch our younglings. They are not a spectacle..." The droid began to drone on about the sanctity of Jedi training and how they should not be disturbed. Aaaand another reason he disliked the Jedi. Their droids were such insistent babblers. Of course this had rarely been a problem when he arrived with other Jedi or Jedi scholars but...

His eyes locked onto the blue skin of a twi'lek Jedi.

"Oh! Oh ma'am!" he called out, pointing at the droid as it continued to ramble. He mouthed the words "Save me" and rolled his eyes.

[member="Cambria Zadira"]

As Cambria and Arjay closed in on the entrance to the Green Jedi Temple from where their ship was docked, a sleek, luxury landspeeder drove up and parked amongst the vessels on the landing pads. A stylishly dressed human male got out. He of course was met by one of the security droids on duty stopping him from going any further.

A conversation ensued between the persistent councilor from the title supplied as the Twi'lek's ear cones picked that up clearly and the rather determined droid to hold the line. When he spotted her the man looked over as she about ready to pass by and called out.

The blue-skinned Guardian slowed her graceful stride and stretched out with the Force brushing ever so against the man's aura, which was interesting to say the least being mix of cool tones and warm. He was Force sensitive to a degree as well. She didn't sense any imminent danger or ill intent at the moment coming from him.

If Cambria did 'save him' as the politician mockingly pleaded in a silent request, at least she could keep an eye on him in case [member="Kaito Kiyoshi"] indeed was at the Green Jedi temple to make trouble. Plus it never hurt to find out who all the players were in a new situation.

"Excuse me," Cambria said to the security droid as she approached.

"I am Knight Zadira, and I too am here for the demonstrations. Perhaps the good councilor here could accompany me to such so you may return to your patrol duty," she suggested; the words flowing off her naturally berry colored lips in a thick yet smooth Twi'lek accent.

[member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Morteg"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Val Ticon"]​

Ashani Kyp

A
[member="Kian Karr"] - [member="Morteg"] - [member="Val Ticon"] - [member="Cambria Zadira"]​
eN2Zqew.png
"Kids a Teen. Real bratty sometimes too!" She shouted between flicks of her wrist.

As Kians attacks entered the did the dance as well, swatting his blade with quick precision strikes. She took care not to allow her blade to hum to hard through the air, tempering each strike just right.

"Got another. Takes after 'is Father though. Dash a young boy. Bout Seven."

His power attack caught her off guard. Makashi wasn't particularly designed for the sweeping attack. She had to dodge and quick. A quick shift left, blade still held at the extended guard. The saber grazed her side, making her wince in pain.

She decided it was time to press her attack a lil' harder.

"Nice breach."

Then she surged, stepping forwards, bringing that teal plasma beam up and to the right. It was a feint, the blade retracted, and spun at her wrist.

Then she directed two probing spears for his legs...

eN2Zqew.png
Meanwhile Tatianna followed the droid and sat in the room, waiting patiently for Morteg and the droid.

Already she was feeling strange feelings. They were growing.

Is this real?

Kian nodded admirably at the other Jedi's defenses. Each strike was turned away. When he transitioned to the more powerful attack, the footwork of Makashi allowed Ashani to sidestep the attack, though not without Kian scoring a small hit. He didn't have a chance to celebrate his small victory, however, as she was quick to press back on his attack. Kian raised his blade to intercept the attack only for Ashani to reverse with a flick of her wrist and drive the blade at his legs. Kian's defenses were strong, but not strong enough to get out unscathed from the feint. He brought his lightsaber down, intercepting the first jab and pushing it off course, but the tip of her blade still singed his pants and left a small red patch on his skin. It was a good thing the weapons were on their lowest settings.

"Nice hit." Kian acknowledge after turning aside the second jab. Using their proximity, Kian struck out with a pommel strike, looking to force the other Jedi backwards. Then he brought his saber up and struck out once more with a forceful slash, this one aiming to trail from her right shoulder to her left hip.

"And you've brought her today to be tested for training?" Kian inquired. "You do not intend to teach her yourself?" Kian followed up with. It wasn't unheard of for a Jedi to train their children, though there were certainly hardships to that.

[member="Val Ticon"] | [member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Morteg"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Kaito Kiyoshi"]​

Ashani Kyp

A
[member="Kian Karr"]​
eN2Zqew.png
He was fast. Faster than she liked.

She brought her opposite palm up, fingers spread to catch the pommel of his blade.

It put her off balance, and the next strike hit her clean on the shoulder. She was too slow for the power slashes.

Makashi had outlived its usefulness.​

"urgh."

She stepped back, changed to a two handed grip and squared her hips with Kian's.

The blade hung low left, point down.

"Well I don't think I can. It's too out of line with the Jedi values. Besides I'm her Mother. She need's mentoring beyond what I can provide. I'd prefer to not mix the roles."

She attacked, with a backhand swing from the floor upwards, that transitioned into a downward hammer for his shoulder...

Kian was surprised to find his attack had gotten through the skilled Jedi's defenses and he stepped back to evaluate her new stance. Kian knew better to read too much into such things as they could be deceiving, but perhaps it was an indication of Niman. Holding his lightsaber up in a Jedi ready stance he watched her move into position, squaring her hips to him.

"Very true. I train my nephew and our personal connection often makes the master apprentice relationship.....difficult." Kian said chuckling. "I couldn't possibly imagine how it would be for a mother and daughter."

The attack came suddenly and with greater speed than Kian had anticipated. He was barely able to avoid the slash from the floor up and when she smoothly transitioned into a downward hammer blow, it was all Kian could do to get his blade up defensively. But the speed of her attack meant all Kian could do was put his blade in the path, he couldn't really plant himself properly against such a blow. The strength of the strike drove his own lightsaber down into his shoulder and Kian let out a grunt from the pain of the lowered setting lightsaber. It would have been a much more devastating attack had this been a real fight.

Kian chastised himself internally and sidestepped so that her blade was no longer directly above him and deactivated the blade. Spinning away from Ashani, Kian activated his blade once more and turned the spin into a slash at her side. It was a risky move, as Kian typically did not like to expose his back to an opponent. Kian's weakest skill in combat was Ataru. The twirling and leaping of the style were counter to his philosophy of strong defense and counter-attacks.

"You must be very proud today," Kian said as he attacked, "bringing your child to the Jedi for testing." Kian's mind invariable was drawn to Plo. He had often dreamed of his son as a young man and guiding him in the ways of the force. Kian had come to accept his loss and the wound was as healed as it would ever be, but the lost possibilities were one of the few things that still crept up on Kian these days....especially as he aged.

[member="Ashani Kyp"] | [member="Morteg"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Kaito Kiyoshi"]​

Ashani Kyp

A
| [member="Morteg"] | [member="Cambria Zadira"] | [member="Kaito Kiyoshi"] | [member="Kian Karr"]​
eN2Zqew.png
She was caught unawares by his sudden change in tactics. Had this been a true duel, she might have been cloven in two.

"Chit."

She shuffled backwards, clutching her side, resetting her guard to low left.

"Yeah I am a bit. Abel dosn't approve but I'm not too worried. I'd rather her be among Jedi of a pure heart than nasty Sith. Told her I'd space 'er if she became one."

Then she attacked, reaching a clawed hand out to try and draw the master into her blade path with the the force. The other arm swung back right and across, from the elbow...

"Ya said ya had kin. 'Nough about me. Tell me about yours? That's very unusual for a Jedi such as yourself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom