Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Between Mando'ade and Sith'arii (RA Recon of Echoy'la)

OBJECTIVE: Rage against the machine

I sit atop a crate in the former HVC room of the Stealth bomber and stare at my crew with fist under chin. Even with the canon removed the confines are… Claustrophobic and the built in lights dim. As they begin to assemble I withdraw a holo projector and toss it to the floor. It details several asteroid formations and at the center a mining facility. I clear my throat before speaking.

“Today’s mission is simple. Rally what Mandalorians we can. Link up with the local cell and detail enemy defenses. Odds are we can expect more support from the local peoples that are not Mandalorian, but i’m sure you two will be able to at least incite a little rebellion,” I say with a nod towards Ursula and Noah. “Just keep it quiet and whisper your words in the right ears,”

My imperial accent is obvious. But, I expect obedience and discipline from these soldiers nonetheless. They aren’t children after all…

“Coreth and I will be dropping you two off at one of the Mandalorian camps. You can choose which ones. Fetts, Vizslas and Munins seem to be the more prominent clans around…” I hop off my perch atop the crate and point to Coreth.

“You and I will be meeting with a cell within the mining facility itself. We have… A gift for them. The regular workers of the mining facility should be far more amicable to our cause and thus need little convincing. I can’t imagine it’s nice being stuck between Sith overseers and Mandalorian war junkies…” I finish with a soft chuckle as I think about the poor bastards. “A rock and a hard place doesn’t even begin to describe their living situation…”

I shake my head then look towards Ursula and Noah “Well have you thought about where you’d like to be dropped off?” Then to Coreth I say “And when we revert keep things slow. I don’t even want them to get a whiff of our ion trail,”

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Carith"], [member="Ursula Vizla"]

Commander Zero wore the full black armor of the Mandalorian doctrine. The job was to rally mandalorians to fight for the rebels and they're cause, whatever that was, she had no interest in knowing, it was a job, she was in for the credits and glory, so rallying her own clan to the rebels would not be a problem for her. The Vizsla were renegades, exiles and considered traitors for the Infernal in Mandalore, and due to Ronan Vizsla's escape from the new regime, by all laws and rights, she was the new alor of her House. For that job, she choose her DC 15A blaster rifle in her hands, in her waist she carried both ELG 3A pistols, and in her tights she strapped the Thunderer and the Loag Dagger, so carried with grenades and detonators in the utility belt, the mandalorian stood up in the ship and was the first one to answer. "I will take the Vizsla camp", in there, none knew that she was a Vizsla, or even her first name, maybe with the exception of the blue imperial guy. She didn't cared. Walking near the shuttle door, Ursula held her rifle close to her body, she knew all her of her House members, but there would be new people, and new mandalorians that she didn't know how to react to them, all that went through her mind was how to approach her former fellows, and sway them to fight for a rebel cause. A lost cause. "What kind of gift?", she asked in a husky voice.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Ursula Vizla"]

Carith leans against one of the walls within the ship's chamber, listening to Desmond's instructions. Somehow, Carith had done a job for the right person and done an exceptional enough job for that right person that he has somehow found himself hired for the Rebel Alliance in a covert operation. He is not a well known name within the galaxy yet, but perhaps this was his opportunity to change that. He wasn't sure whether he was the type to officially enlist with one of the myriad of factions ruling in their separate spaces within the galaxy, but he couldn't help himself feel somewhat partial to freedom seeking groups such as the Alliance or the Confederacy. He definitely did not feel sympathy towards the First Order, those who murdered the individuals to give Carith his first experience with the galaxy at large. While the Sith Empire was not the First Order, their alliance is not to be forgotten, and their imperialistic tendencies and forced expansion upon the galaxy are definitely a relatable traits amongst the two entities. Overall, despite the fact this is a job for him, he can't help but feel that he is "doing the right thing" as well, which only doubles as a small bonus.

He listened into the Chiss's instructions and observed him. The Chiss have historically had relationships with Imperial-like factions as well as have historically had governments in the past with many shared traits of those factions. And this one in particular had a distinctly Imperial accent. Carith deduced that the man is probably in-fact ex-Imperial. What could have driven him away? Is he still somewhat sympathetic towards his former faction? These questions shot through Carith's mind, but disappeared quickly. The man was obviously important, Carith could quickly determine that by his stance and the way he spoke, his words filled with the assertiveness of a high ranking officer. He was also entrusted to lead a covert operation, not something a man with loyalties in questions should logically be entrusted to do, so Carith resolved to abstain from his curiosities and focus back on the mission.

The job seemed easy enough up-front. The only minor drawback was piloting a new ship. Fortunately, the Alliance let him pilot it a bit the day before to get a grip on it's handling. It certainly had extremely advanced systems (it is a stealth bomber after all), but it lacked the soul of and personality of his own. He did understand the need for it's use though, his own vessel didn't quite have the pristine secrecy required for this mission. It had speed and maneuverability which usually was enough for his other jobs, but that was not necessary for this job. The other aspects of the mission suited him well too though. He could sneak around, fly, and let the talking happen. And if things did happen to go wrong, he was sure that the Chiss officer would come up with a plan.

"Sounds easy enough. Are we planning on aerial insertion, landing a distance away from the camps, or are we cleared by the locals to just land near them?" he asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom