Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Late Than Never

Louise

here for your dad
There was nothing.

The woman pinched the bridge of her nose and gave an exasperated sigh. For once in her life the Sith thought that there was far too much lore to pour through. The sheer volume of accounts and journals regarding nefarious spirits and malevolent demons was vast. On ocean of opinion and untrustworthy narrators, who can make a truly accurate account when under the spell of madness.

Madness.

“Miss Savan,” she said flatly, still pinching the bridge of her nose, “you should be resting.”

Her mind circled around the idea of lunacy. It didn't seem likely that this would be a physical manifestation, there were many accounts of accelerated body degradation. Ranging from swift aging right down to straight up rotting away, bits falling off like a dark-sided leper. No, a physical condition she could handle. Just a matter of keeping a few devout bodies around in case of emergencies.

The Sith Master sat silent, considering these ominous tidings.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"It's not that easy to rest when you're being filled with someone's empathic backlash. And you, honey, aren't making it easy at all." She shifted uneasily under the blanket, looking the other Vinithi over. "What's wrong, Karin? No one else is awake at the moment, and the droids have all been sent back to their recharging stations for the night. You can tell me - I don't spill secrets." Truthfully, Circe was worried as to whatever issue Karin was evidently experiencing, if only for the fact that it could be a side effect of the mind being in an unfamiliar body.

Or maybe it was just demon-summoning poodoo.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
“Oh,” she muttered, forgetting that this was no longer her own castle and thus keeping the inhabitants awake and unsettled with her brooding was not entirely appropriate any longer. “My apologies, Miss Savan. It has been a while since I needed to be truly mindful of my emotions.” The woman bit her lip, it was pure liquid frustration and now to add some more kindling to her personal fire of problems she was being sloppy with her mental state. Polluting the very air with her fear.

The woman closed the tome that currently sat in her lap with a snap, a small cloud of dust conjured when she did so.

“If you're concerned that I'm having an issue with the new body you can be relieved,” the woman said wearing a face of stone, “your creation is not at fault.”

The fault lays with me.

"Then what is?" She raised an eyebrow, curious as she tossed the blanket aside. The doors closed, sealing the two women in a room where no sound was heard, no bug was located. "You can tell me... Are you suffering the effects of madness from being incorporeal for so long? Are you being tormented by a demon you summoned long ago? Are you starting to turn into an abominable monster of horrific construction?"

Circe wanted to know. Karin was her friend, and if she could fix the problem, or at least try to, she would.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Karin grimaced.

“I do not rightly know.”

It stung a little to admit that there was something that Karin Dorn did not know and worse it was a matter that concerned herself. It was also largely discomforting that Circe stood there, throwing out these nightmare scenarios. They could have all been possibilities.

In a display of unusual aggression the woman flung the book that once nestled so peacefully on her lap. Just for an inch of reassurance she didn't throw the book at Circe, don't worry that pretty little head of yours, they'll be no book related concussions on this day.

“And I doubt I shall know until it progresses," she said with bitterness rampaging clearly in her voice, "and what, Miss Savan, would you do if I, as you so aptly put it became an abominable monster of horrific construction? A mere beast infused with the thickest taint of the dark side?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Well... That's a good question." Circe paused, thinking to herself of what she'd do with an insane Darksider beyond all hope of modern Dark Side practices. "I suppose I'd hunt you down... then keep you in a cell and try and figure out a way to bring you back to sanity. Whatever it requires in order to bring your mind back to normal. And if this requires making a deal with some demon or whatnot, I'm more than willing to do it."

The amount of devotion and care Circe showed towards Karin was... surprising.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
“That's good to know,” the woman said bluntly before getting up to her feet.

It was time to leave. The Sith Master didn't know how much time she actually had left, if the sickness was Sith-like in nature then no doubt it would be gradual, slowly but surely, mind degenerating. Who knew what would be left behind, or rather in her place. There was a small throb of fear inside Karin's mind, one that would surely grow as time passed.

“I must take my leave, Miss Savan,” she stated, brushing the dust from the old musty books off her lap. “I thank you for giving me form, and I will be expecting you to practise the skills I have shown you every single day.

Places to visit, things to do and people to see. Time to wrap up some loose ends, perhaps seek a cure but insurance was always going to win out in the end.

Her simplistic black robes swished as her heels clacked across the floor. There was no time to lose. Every second now so precious that to waste even one would be a sin. Without even sparing a glance back at Circe Savan she raised her right hand, a small flourish of the hand was her wave goodbye. For now.

“If you're going to prepare a cell, I suggest great fortification. Even I would not like to encounter Karin Dorn under the thrall of madness.

Then she was gone, into the night.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom