Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better, Faster, Stronger (Open to SSC)

Ryn watched intently while the training ensued, ever watchful, much like the feline he was, content to observe, without interrupting or being and active distraction. He was more and more growing to appreciate Krux's teaching methodology, and he was happy to see Valae taking to the training as well as she was.

Then came practice strikes! She'd make the first a little gentle, and unfortunately go to the opposite extreme for the second swing, compounding the beginners mistake by telegraphing her attack a bit obviously. As he'd tumble to the ground, thankfully without actually hurting herself, the masked padawan slipped off his perch, clapping gloved hands together. "I have decided." He stated, very firmly and definitively.

After either a brief moment, or either of them query as to What he had decided, he'd continue. "I have decided, that I like you two. You..." He'd state, pointing a gloved finger towards Krux, "Are a good person. No matter your past, you, standing here right now, are a good person. And I appreciate you." He's an odd apple, this short shrouded padawan. "And you..." The finger roamed over to Valae, before turning into a opened hand offering to help her to her feet, "Are just as good of a person as Krux is. I like the both of you, and should hope to become good friends and allies to each of you in the future."

His melodic voice only helped to convey how broadly he was smiling behind his mask. A friendly soul, though to one with proper capacity for perception, could tell he was deeply scarred and troubled, damaged, and friendship was proving to be a very soothing balm.

[member=Valae Kitra] | [member=Krux Mullarus]​

So it became apparent to Krux that the other maked man was, indeed, more judgemental than most Sith he had met in his past. Granted, he had decided he and Valae were good people, but nonetheless, Krux felt uncomfortable when it became clear that the man was forming strict opinions so quickly. It had hardly been ten or fifteen minutes and already he had a strong first impression. It was good, but it was frightening to think if he had done something wrong or differently, how much his opinion of him may have changed. He could have become another Audren, especially if he knew what he used to be and what he used to do.

"I, uh..." he wanted to lecture the man on how judgemental he appeared in Krux's eyes, and how that wasn't much of a good thing because that made him look as arrogant as a Sith Lord. But he decided to not, since really, Krux was in no position to preach of morality after all he had done. He was once that arrogant and condescending, too. "...I appreciate it. I'll be sure to make it my goal in life to make others deem me worthy of their affection" he said, very sarcastically.

He nodded a thank you to the condescending masked man who had too much to say as he helped Valae up, turning his attention back to her. "Spread your legs a bit more. It will give you more balance, which you clearly didn't have. But that wasn't all that was wrong. That whole ordeal was a big mess." he said constructively, pointing the tip of his kendo at her arm, "Remember, we're not really fighting to the death here. Relax. A bit more *oomph* than the first strike, but less than the latter. Make your weapon make noise as it strikes mine, but don't try to shatter them. These tools for training are not as durable as a Jedi's weapon of Light. In more ways than one."

He bent over and picked up her kendo, which she probably dropped as she went crazy in her last strike, and handed it to her by the blade. He gazed at her face as he spoke to her to get his point across, "Feel, don't think. Feel and focus. Don't think too hard. The Force is in your mind, heart, and blood. Let it guide your strikes."

Beneath his mask, he couldn't help but make a face at his own advice. Feel? Feeling is for Sith. Feeling brings out passion...and through passion, I gain- No! No. You don't. They're wrong. Focus. Focus and...study?

He blinked, holding his kendo with both hands and getting back into his defensive stance, deciding to see how having a young, inexperienced Jedi Padawan feel the Force instead of just focusing will go.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] / [member="Valae Kitra"]

Valae was slightly surprised when Ryn finally broke his silence; her eyes followed his form as he descended from his perch and approached them. A smile formed on her face when he said that she and Krux were good people and that he would like to be friends. She had been about to say her thanks, but Krux beat her to it… sort of. Valae blinked a few times after hearing Krux’s response to Ryn’s attempt at a compliment, noting the heavy sarcasm in his tone.

The padawan was helped to her feet and she brushed herself off, caught slightly off guard by Krux’s criticism. She knew that she hadn’t done very well, but had it really been that much of a mess? She frowned, wondering if she should be feeling more embarrassed than she currently did. Valae knew that he wasn’t trying to be harsh, and was only trying to point out the weak points in her attempt… but she couldn’t help but feel a bit downcast. As Krux held the wooden sword out to her, she looked down at it for a moment and then reluctantly accepted it.

"Feel, don't think. Feel and focus. Don't think too hard. The Force is in your mind, heart, and blood. Let it guide your strikes." Krux’s words echoed in her mind.

Valae resumed her stance again, raising the weapon to waist level, but there was nagging voice in the back of her mind that kept her distracted. She tried to clear her mind and simply feel what she needed to do… but it was far more difficult than she anticipated. It was difficult to shut out voice inside that filled her with doubt. Maybe she wasn’t quite cut out for this sort of thing. She lowered the weapon to her side and straightened up.

“I think I’ve had enough for one day.” She said, a small smile appeared for a moment. “Mind if we pick this up again some other time?”

[member="Krux Mullarus"], [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Krux felt for a second he may have been too hard on her, but at the same time, he had to be. He wasn't nearly as critical and harsh as he was on his Sith students back in his darker days, but even Jedi needed criticism if they wanted to succeed.

He understood Valae's lack of muse as she lowered her tool and wished to continue another time. It reminded him of himself as a student. The only difference was his master never gave him the rest he needed. He was only pushed and punished further. His life was constant strife, even with his teacher, now his mortal enemy he would never ask forgiveness from.

Krux nodded to Valae, "Of course. Tell me...am I being too harsh? I...I am still trying to change. I was probably too hard on students back before I came to the Jedi. Now, I ask you for guidance, Valae. How am I doing as a teacher? Have I improved?"

[member="Valae Kitra"]

She was pleasantly taken aback when she heard Krux’s explanation and his request for feedback. This was the very first time she had ever had this sort of lesson, so she didn’t have very much to compare to. Valae looked down at the wooden sword in her hand, taking in every notch and scratch on the blade’s worn surface. She imagined that most students endured far worse, and likely left each lesson with a new bruise. While some would wear those black and blue marks as badges of honor, Valae was more of the sort to shrink away from such experiences.

“Hmm…” She tapped her index finger on her chin as she thought. “The last bit seemed a bit… harsh to me. But I probably have thin skin.” She said with a smile. “I think you’ll be a fine teacher.”

“Both of us just need a bit of practice.”

[member="Krux Mullarus"]

A bit harsh. That hurt. Of all the changes Krux had been trying to change in his life after his eyes were opened to the falseness of the Sith Code and its servants, being too hard on people was one thing he was trying to change.

He sighed, his indigo eyes meeting Valae's through the slits in his mask as he, as compassionately as he could, gently patted her shoulder, "Well...I apologize. I don't mean to pressure you. I just want you to be aware of your mistakes so you avoid them in the future. It's...the teacher in me. You aren't the first person i've given this kind of guidance to. I'm still working on...changing. Thank you for being honest, Valae" he said, his smile hidden under the mask.

His face turned to [member="Ryn'Dhal"] as well, "That...goes for you, too. Forgive me if I was harsh. Like the two of you, i'm learning and adjusting, too. Just...in different ways."

[member="Valae Kitra"]

When Krux's attention returned to Valae after his reproach of Ryn's offer of friendship, the masked padawan had retreated. Sensitivity was something the padawan was struggling with as of late, and words were often sharper than any two-edged sword. Krux's apology was not heard, for when he had spoken towards Ryn, Krux would have instead found himself speaking to air. In the distance, making his way towards his initial perch, high atop a pillar overlooking the training grounds. He'd sit in a meditative posture, drawing one of those durasteel blades from beneath his cloak, and proceeded to maintain it. Cleaning, sharpening, and observing his reflection in the polished surface.

Eventually, he had glanced back, noticing their halted lesson, and that their eyes, or at least Krux's, had followed him. Beneath his hood, his keen hearing was unable to have picked up the apology, so he cast his gaze aside, suspecting a glare was being given by the other masked man.

Perhaps, being so forward in seeking friendship was the wrong way to go about it after all....

[member="Krux Mullarus"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]​
Hooray for miscommunications and confusions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom