Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Beskar'ad Master Saber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Rex Taff
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Rex
  • Modularity: Yes Crystals, Fiber cord
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Mandalorian Steel, lightsaber components, Fiber cord
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Viridian Crystal
  • Silver Dantari crystal
  • Stygium Crystal
  • Meditation Crystal
  • 2x Firkrann
  • Bifurcating Cyclical-Ignition Pulse
DESCRIPTION
Rex Taff created this after realising that although he had made a new weapon in his Staff of Remembrance he needed to recreate his light sabres with better crystals that he had found around the place. He made his new light sabre out of Mandalorian Steel to assist with the weight of the light sabres as well as.

He added a Stygium crystal to one side to assist with his force cloak as well as hiding his force signature. He also added a Bifurcating Cyclical-Ignition Pulse to help with underwater battles that he might participate in. The Dantari crystal was the one Rex imprinted on when he had first built his light sabre and since then Rex has become more Gray minded in the force and so it turned from purple to silver. Rex added some Firkrann crystals to both ends of the light sabre this caused the blades to absorb lighting energy and use it against droids more effectively however it must be charged with lighting first. He also added a Meditation Crystal to help him boost his own calm and focus when in or out of battle. Rex also added a Viridian crystal to replace the silver kyber crystal.

Strengths:
  • Can cut through many materials with relative ease.
  • Can be joined together for a sabre staff or pulled apart for 2 lightsabres
  • Dantari crystal allows Rex to recycle his force powers quicker out of combat
  • Firkrann allows the owner to charge the blade with lightning, making it more effective against droids
  • Stygium can act as a focus for certain kinds of Force stealth.
  • Able to operate underwater
  • Allows a closer Force connection, manifesting as reduced Force fatigue.
Weaknesses:
  • Cortosis will short the blade if in contact.
  • The middle of the sabre staff is weak due to it being a cord holding the two together, if broken must be replaced before they can be joined again
  • Firkrann has to be charged with lightening to work.
  • When not connected with the Dantari and/or the mediation crystal User becomes more Fatigued than usual.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hello there, [member="Rex Taff"]. This looks nifty! There are just a couple of things to address before I can approve it.

• Per Factory Standardized Rules, under no circumstances can a submission contain two restricted materials. Please remove either the Force Imbuement or the Stygium Crystal.
  • You have contradictory strengths and weaknesses. Can this operate underwater or not? Please clarify and remove the contradictory item. If this can operate underwater, please substitute a balancing weakness.
  • Please describe in some detail (in the description is fine) how much wider/longer the blades are than a normal lightsaber.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"]
Changed to a mediation crystal for the first one. as I wanted the stygium crystal

It can work underwater thank you for pointing that out I didn't realise I hadn't removed that from weaknesses.

I have added some detail I hope it is enough to describe how wide it gets.

Hello [member="Rex Taff"]!

I have no idea what "another length wider" means. Does this mean the blade is twice as wide as a standard lightsaber? Also I don't see where you described how much longer it is than a standard lightsaber. Can you please clarify these points?

Hi [member="Rex Taff"]. I don't mean to nitpick, but I'm trying to envision a lightsaber that is twice as long as normal. I feel it might work for a single blade, but if it's being used as a double-bladed lightsaber a la Darth Maul, this lightsaber is going to be cutting into the floor unless your character is like 9 feet tall. If this is a feature that can be modulated (that is, switched on and off as the situation calls for it) that would make it more plausible, since it could be used when the sabers are used as single sabers, and not when it's a dual lightsaber. If it can't be switched on and off, but is always present, I wouldn't have a problem with approving it but it should be clear in the submission so anyone with whom you write has a clear idea of what they're dealing with. Can you please elaborate on this, and then I think I'm good to go.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
I really couldn't think of a way to make that work very well so instead I removed all mentions of the Damind crystal. I have replaced it with a Firkrann Crystal instead. I hope this is okay with you.

Thanks [member="Rex Taff"]. In my research on Firkrann crystals, I note that they are classified as relatively heavy. So, if you're using the Firkrann crystals, I think we should make an adjustment on the weight -- perhaps to "average" rather than "light" to account for the added weight of these crystals. Also, can you please specify the Dantari crystal in this weakness:
  • When not connected with the crystal User becomes more Fatigued than usual.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
I have changed the weight
I also had another look at mediation and Dantari crystals both would make the user fatigued if not connected as meditation is more combat skills where as the Dantari is more force skills. I hope all of these changes are acceptable

Edit: sorry had a few spelling mistakes in this post that I have fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom