Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Behind Bars

Val_Header.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | XoXo
Location | Holding Cell
Tag | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard

Another troublesome case.

After having to share the news with Ara that she'd go to prison for assaulting another Padawan, Valery had hoped to not find herself in that position again. But not only did it happen, it felt as if barely any time had passed. The Padawans of the current generation were some of the most promising she knew, but many were also some of the most problematic she had ever seen. Perhaps it was because some started their training very late, and struggled to really fit into the Jedi life, or maybe it was just dumb luck.

Either way, she was now called to assist in the questioning of Arlo Renard Arlo Renard , a Padawan who had been involved in... a lot of trouble, especially recently. But what had happened between him and Iris Arani Iris Arani was something that couldn't be so easily forgiven, and so it seemed that he'd share a punishment similar to Ara. It wasn't her call to make, and she wasn't an investigator or part of Law Enforcement, but the Jedi wanted to understand what happened better as well.

Stepping into the cell, Valery nodded to the guards but quickly turned her fiery eyes to Kai. They lacked their usual spirit, and her signature smile was nowhere to be seen either — in part because of her personal problems, but also because of this situation. "Good afternoon, Kai," Valery said before she allowed a moment of silence to pass between them.

"Why did you do it? I really believed things could be different after the conversation we had," she said with a pained expression, referring to when she tried to get him to acknowledge a greater need for being responsible.

ValSword.png

Inside the cell, Kai hung suspended in midair by a containment field. Even in the pale bluish light, his injuries were visible. The boy had a blackened left eye, a broken nose, a split lip that had scabbed over, and various other bruises lining his body. Iris had attacked him in self-defense, paying little heed to where she struck or how hard she hit him.

His eyes were closed as if in sleep, though they opened when Valery arrived. She greeted him, and he managed to muster up a response.

"Afternoon, master."

Of course, she had come to interrogate him. Kai sighed faintly, his eyelids beginning to droop again.

"Didn’t Iris tell you everything already?" he asked. "I was trying to do the right thing. Trying to protect a hidden life… But she wouldn’t listen. So I tried to stop her from blabbering to you and the rest of the Jedi about it, by making her forget..." He lifted his chin. "Iris gets to keep her memory, and I saved a life. And now I’m going to pay for my mistakes."

Last edited:

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Holding Cell

"She told me," Valery said with a slight frown, but that wasn't really what she meant. Having been told the series of events from that day, Valery had no trouble understanding why the decisions were made. She just truly believed Kai had chosen a more responsible path and moved on from the mindset and behavioral patterns that created these situations.

"I just believed you had moved on from this kind of behavior," she said, her disappointment audible in her tone, and visible in the way she looked.

<Iris gets to keep her memory, and I saved a life. And now I'm going to pay for my mistakes.>

"Saved a life but how many more did you endanger? And you understand your little mind invasion could have done a lot more damage than just a lost memory or two, right?" She sighed — it didn't matter. What happened was in the past now, and he was going to be punished for what he did.

"The Sithspawn, where did you bring them?" She then asked. "The longer they're here, the higher the chance of something awful happening."

ValSword.png

Kai had nothing to say about his behavior. She was equating what he had done to Iris with his fistfights with Corin and Silas, maybe even his earlier spats with Jem. Those had been clashes of personality. He wasn’t in prison for lashing out at bullies, he was here because he had assaulted his best friend.

When she started the actual interrogation, he sighed. “I knew you wouldn’t understand.

Trying to lean toward her, he strained against the bindings. “The Sithspawn is the same species I was, so I know exactly how dangerous it can be. But this one’s just a baby. Did Iris tell you that? She saw how small it was, heard it crying in its cradle, and still insisted on getting another Jedi involved. You, to be exact. Have you told anyone else about this? Because I wasn’t willing to take the risk of word spreading through the ranks of the same Jedi Order that tried to kill me during my first few years at the Temple. I was a child then—I’d hate to see what the likes of Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina or Creuat Creuat would do if they found out there was a helpless Sithspawn baby in their custody.

He was angry. Righteously furious, at least in his own mind. But he forced himself to relax, his body sagging in the restraints. There was no need to fight anymore. This battle was already won.

You think I’m dumb enough to let them stay on Coruscant? They’re long gone now. I sent them somewhere safe and remote. They won’t bother anybody.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Holding Cell

Valery quietly listened to what he had to say about the Sithspawn but it changed very little to her. He had admitted to what she already knew through Iris, and the Sithspawn was no longer on Coruscant. Investigation teams were likely going to try and trace it, while law enforcement handled further questioning.

She had nothing else to discuss.

"I'm sorry, Kai," Valery said as she began to turn away, "I hope that once your time here is done, things can be different. Until then, Force guide you," she continued before she began to make her way out.

ValSword.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom