Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been a while - Feedback on Abyss

I guess by now people know that I like some outside opinions/perspective on Abyss as a character and on me as a writer every once in a while, so feel free to tell me everything, the good, the bad and everything in between. Don't know what else to say, at least besides: yo, thank you for writing an answer to this.

Also to be helpful for once have some links to a few of my personal favourites of my recent threads:

The Blackout - Bar Thread with Thraxis
Disassembly Line - Training Quest with Abyss current Apprentice
Critical Colloquy - Duel with Abyss master
The Hand that Mocked them - Abyss and allies trying to reclaim Malachor from TRE

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Shortsighted fool that has no grasp as to what TRUE greatness is! *cybernetic wheezing*

Jokes aside, I feel [member="Darth Abyss"] is a very good representation of what a Sith Lord should aspire to be — unique, with a defined powerbase and well-developed powers, yet not overbearingly overpowered nor unpleasantly smug.

If I had to suggest a change, I feel like there's been too little tension (in the threads I've seen) between his character and his new form. He still plays cards and fraternizes with criminals; these are actions expected of an ordinary Sith Lord, but not a spiritual being. If you want that bibe, it's fine, but I simply feel such a dramatic shift in nature of being would lead to more fundamental changes in brhavior.

Can't wait to write more with you!

I think i might have had a character in one of your threads - once. But i do frequently see your work, and enjoy the read. Your character is a bit common too me, but in a world where ten million words have been written about something, diverging is a bit difficult. Maybe I havent really seen the full backstory, but to me it feels like Abyss is just Abyss because of boredom, really.

Either way, you as a writer are enjoyable and I look forward to mayhap writing with you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom