Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Becoming Institutionalized (Open To Any & All)

It had been a great deal of time since Veiere last stood within a Jedi facility such as the Silver Rest on Kashyyyk. Not since Deneba had he walked the halls of a Temple such as this, and there remained a great many things that were unfamiliar to him with regards to the Silver Jedi Order and what was to be expected of him.

With the help and encouragement of Coren Starchaser, Veiere had reluctantly agreed to step back into the business of the Jedi. It had been his life long path, until Darkness had overcome him through his fears and self doubting. The attack by the Sith Empire against his home-world had forced him out of self-imposed Exile and back into action, taking a stand against the Dark-Side once again; yet for his past crimes, the guilt had remained. Such was his argument with Starchaser, civil as it were, Veiere's past deeds had been unforgivable and he had every intention on making up for them.

Time had passed since those days, and the Force was with him. His knowledge and faith in the Light restored, glad to walk alongside the Jedi in the attempt to combat the growing Sith Imperial threat that was steadily taking the Galaxy by Force. Committing a number of Starships to the Jedi Academy Network, those like the Raider Class Assault Cruiser, Veiere had used his position to add to the strength of the Network's fleeting operations, available for Silver Jedi and any other Organization alike. The Rannon Temple had been restored and dedicated to the light, as too had a Jedi Temple been established on Commenor to further encourage and support the Order's reach over their sector. Small steps on the right path though impersonal as they were and accomplished through finance rather than conviction and strength of Character, Veiere's goal today was to find a place with the Jedi where he could do some good.

The Silver Rest was truly an astonishing sight, both within and outside. The Order had carved out their own corner of Kashyyyk, establishing what could only be described as a peaceful location shrouded within the Force. The moment he had arrived on the World, the light had been strengthened in him, the presence of so many other Jedi in a single location doing wonders for his mood and encouraging him forward.

Walking one of the many corridors however, he might have stood out like a sore thumb, given that his attire had seen more than it's share of experience over the years. His tunic and robe a mixture of grays, it did little for odd strands of hair which had too become somewhat lighter in his age.

With so many people about, Veiere wondered if he might run into anyone that he was familiar with. The last time he'd been in the presence of the Silver Jedi, he had been welcomed by a number of new faces, those of which he struggled to recall their names. The Heavenshields had left an impression long before that, though to his knowledge they were no longer present with the bulk of the Order.

Hopefully there'd be someone soon to recognize the look of uncertainty that he carried in his exploration of the vast and beautiful facility...

No. Nobody that would recognize him, or if he was honest much of anyone else either, so often was he away on the rim on humanitarian work. Veiere would find himself coming face to face with a scarred, badly shaven, limping forty-year-old Jedi Master walking about the halls. Halls which had changed more than he’d care to admit.

He wasn’t lost though. He knew exactly where he was going.

That way over there. Yep. That was it. Ruffling a younglings hair as he passed, which they seem to half appreciate, half not.

There was a sense of calm despite the lack of direction that followed Amadis, as if muddling through the facility was just his natural way of becoming acclimatized again. Diving in the deep end. Meeting people and generally finding his way. When he met Veiere, Kei nodded, with a firm and friendly grin. “Do you know where they are serving food?” Feeling like the old goat again, someone hand me that cane! [member="Elara Amadis"]

Brown jacket on, brown trousers, rim boots with plenty of dust, silver dog tags and a black t-shirt. At least he looked clean enough today, mostly because it was still too early in the day to get his hands dirty. “Amadis,” extending a hand, which he thought to check if they were clean, thankfully they were. "Haven't met."

[member="Veiere Arenais"]​

Veiere smiled, appreciating the fact that someone was willing to approach him, though apparently not for the rather lost expression he felt he carried but instead their search for the cafeteria (he assumed there was one...). Reaching out with his right hand to take that of [member="Kei Amadis"], he shook the man's hand with a firm grip and introduced himself.

"Veiere Arenais...-It's a pleasure to meet you". Turning side on from Amadis, Veiere glanced back the way he came from for but a brief moment, trying to remember if he'd seen a dining area of any sort. "I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue..." he turned back to face the man, chuckling softly in his lack of knowledge about their surroundings. "This is actually my first time here in the Temple so I'm a bit lost myself. Last time I visited the Silver Jedi, they were based out of Ossus I believe".

Those days felt like they'd come from an alternate life; So much had taken place in the years since that his brief stay with the Silvers back then didn't hold much in the way of his memory, save for Coci Heavenshield and some of her closer peers who'd assisted him then.

"The Facilities that the Order here has established are certainly impressive however. It feels good to be back within the presence of an academic establishment again. I've not visited a Jedi Temple or Enclave since Deneba, and even then, the climate wasn't as preferable as Kashyyyk".

"Likewise." A braced grin came from them both to being in similar situations. His hands moved down to link behind himself. “Yes. The Order has called many places home.” Kei admitted. Amadis, like it, having somehow still survived through a lot of the turbulent moves, more or less intact. “It moves, but has endured.” Which was a strength and trait he admired. The scenery was different, the temple was rebuilt, the people even changed. Heart's always been the same.” He said informally, at least to Kei.

Everyone saw it differently, which had always been the point.

Looking around the halls, he understood where the meditation chambers were, some of the quarters as well as the hangar-bay and where he’d go to drop off reports from the rim, but that was about it. “Kashyyyk offers a lot. Lucky to be here.” He nodded in agreement, he even had a small cabin somewhere out of the way. The "walks you can go on and the animal life you can see" never ceased to amaze him. He missed Voss’s natural ambient atmosphere somedays, but he’d made his home and family here.

“Know of the meditation chambers, where you can go to meet the Masters, some quarters if you are not situated. Can show you that much.” He nodded and looked around the hall. If Veiere wanted a small tour till someone more knowledgeable came along, he'd begin a walk down the hall toward where they might find a few of the more regular members of the temple. Ossus, not heard that name in a long while. Did you know Coci well?” The heavenshield's leading the order back then if he remembered rightly. It had been some time. Perhaps together they could both find their compass.

"It's my hope to become much more familiar to the Silver Order here, than I have been in the past" Veiere replied, "I would certainly appreciate having a more permanent residency here within the Temple if that's something the Order would approve", the notion of having personal quarters there within the Silver Rest sounded very much a good idea in his mind. Not only would it make him feel more of an official member among their considerable roster, but it would also provide extensive and regular hours for training and further learning without having to travel back and fourth from Commenor to receive their guidance.

"When I first heard the news that the Order was moving closer to Commenor, I was quite surprised" He gave a little chuckle, "I had never expected to find our people so closely tied, yet I'm glad to find myself here in your company once again. I'm also relieved, considering the news that the Sith Empire continued to spread their influence across your former domain". Much like Kashyyyk, Ossus too was a beautiful world and Veiere had been rather fond of the memories he had built up there. His experience with the Silver Jedi had unfortunately never amounted to that which he'd have liked, nor previously planned. There always seemed to be something standing in the way, be it opportunity or an inability to connect with his peers back then.

"Strange as it might sound, I first met Théodred before I had the pleasure of knowing Coci Heavenshield. Her Son was far younger back then, as was I...-Though I found him to be very wise for his age. He convinced me to leave Alzoc Three...A place of personal exile, to return to Galaxy and continue on the path as we are now" Veiere's expression softened somewhat, he offered a smile though it was slim and there seemed to be more to the story than he was willing to let on for the time being.

"Coci offered me sanctuary when I needed it, a number of years ago. It was then that I first met with the Silver Jedi, though my stay was temporary".

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Sleeping. “Sure there will be no problems,” couldn’t have too many teachers or experienced Jedi watching over the orphans or the younglings. He couldn’t assign quarters himself, but where they were headed someone would sort it out.

Former Domain, that for a long time had been a difficult subject, one there was some guilt over not being here to prevent. He nodded. There may be a sense of that guilt to another Master. Had Kei been there for the conflict, he may have died on Voss, stubborn and as much as he’d cared for that planet. He’d have missed having two children, and a wife he now cared for the same. The Force had a way of working out more or less. “Always tried to help where we can.” Which was true. The Silvers had in his lifetime had done so much humanitarian work, it was mostly all he did day to day. The wildcards were engineers and medical staff for example these days, scattered all over the rim.

As they moved along, one elderly wildcard engineer handed Kei a datapad with an updated report, he scanned it briefly and tucked it under his arm, thanking him, the man looked as rough around the edges as the Jedi Master. Seasoned and not willing to retire, like all of them. Nobody got any younger. The reports were still the same. Medical emergencies, outbreaks of flu, small disasters or stranded ships. They were always stretched, even with their resources, there was always more to do. “We need Commenor.” Kei didn’t pull any punches, no doubletalk. “Everyone does.” The fracturing, that he helped create, was the burden on his shoulders. Certainly not alone in that, but it was there as he aged.

Kei didn’t push for more, nodding and listening. Not built to pry. Thankful that he hadn’t missed his mark in dropping Coci’s name. “Hell of a lady.” Kei grinned, bit of fire when the galaxy needed it, then a calm shepherd after that, “Hell of a family.” Amadis laughed an epicanthix’s reminiscing about a few events. “Never met their son.” He’d seen him about, worked together now and again but never had the time for a talk.

Pulling up toward the where the Master's would spend there time, if there was anyone with a familiar face, this would be the place. If not he’d nod to some of the attendants and ask about quarters for Veiere. Then on with the tour.

The simplicity of interaction with [member="Kei Amadis"] was nothing if not a relief to experience. Outside of Commenori Space, Veiere found that here he didn't need to be so mindful on who was around him or what he said. There was no one here to call him by the title of King, or to involve him in anything political. The weight of Commenor's leadership was gained through marriage to his Wife and though they had achieved a great deal, it was a welcome change to be considered as typical as any other about the Jedi Temple. In fact, if anything it was Veiere whom had something to prove, or to earn when it came to the Silver Jedi Order for he had never had so much interaction with them firsthand beyond Coci Heavenshield herself...-And he wanted to belong; as silly and childish as that might seem of a man his age.

"Thank you kindly, Master Amadis" Veiere smiled in appreciation, warmed by the notion of being offered residency there. As much as he might potentially offer the Silver Order's students in training, he also believed he himself would learn a great deal more from the Jedi who seemed better fit to deal with the new age and ways of Force practice. To put it plainly, he was a little rusty where Temple protocol was concerned, let alone teaching someone other than his own Daughter in the Jedi Path. A Path that today looked remarkably different from that which he was instructed in by his long passed mentor, Master Andina Torsyn.

"I'm glad you think so..." Veiere replied, on the prospect of Commenor's contribution; "Commenor has been struggling ever since the year long occupancy of the Sith Empire. It took everything we could pull together to liberate her, though without the support of the Silver Jedi, we would be in far worse shape now. Everything we can offer to encourage peace and the protection for others, we would gladly give...". They were honest, sincere words from a tired man. Not a King but a Father and a victim of war like so many others. It was thanks to his Jedi Training that he had survived the incarceration he had received from the Sith Emperor himself; and by no small miracle of the Force that he had lived to tell the tale.

"And I agree, the Heavenshields are truly good people...-The likes of which our Galaxy would benefit from seeing more like their caliber, come about", there seemed to be too few truly genuine people in the Galaxy, no matter how hard those like the Jedi tried to encourage in the way of societies ever changing state. With the growth of the Dark-Side, also came the turn of sentient behavior influenced by the changing tides of war and greed..Whatever his family or the Commenori liked to make of him, Veiere was just one man. One man hoping to see a brighter future ahead for his Children like so many other Father's out there in the Galaxy.

Walking into the new area of the Temple alongside Kei Amadis, Veiere turned to study the vast room, questioning quietly as so not to disturb anyone; "And what do they call this?" he asked inquisitively. It would take him some time to remember the layout of the silver rest, though it wouldn't be for lack of trying. The Place seemed far more complex than the other site's he had visited last.

Things were cleaner here, the younglings benefited from the stability, but out there on the rim nothing was all that clean. Least of all Kei’s boots. Which someone was quirking an eyebrow about and looking down. One of the record keepers passing Kei by, he looked at his boot sole, and brushed it on one of the floormats, giving a sonic blast to clean the edge. Handy devices attached to the doors. Wouldn’t be long till a droid came on behind to clean up any stray half-footprint. Hazards of life.

“Welcome.” A datapad was passed over for [member="Veiere Arenais"] to thumbprint to give him a lock on his new quarters if he preferred. A77 overlooking the western side of the temple complex. “All taken care of,“ a friendly female Jedi sitting behind the desk said. Yep, some served the order in their own way behind the desks, just as much as in the mud, or training the padawans.

A sense in the force of Veiere adjusting came to him. Kei wanted to offer a word of advice. “All you have to remember Master Arenais. Temple is a haven for all of us. Your mark and style of training are here too.” A unique expression of the force, offering guidelines and assistance for the younglings or future just by being present. Some Jedi they passed were strict, you saw it in their eyes as they walked, focused on their work. Some were peacefully meditating as they passed rooms, others were gardening, teaching crafts, or learning medical application. Everything had been done here at one time or another, and hopefully always would be.

There was even a ranger captain reporting in with a salute to someone, he nodded to them both as he passed them in the hallway. It was a busy hallway this, one of the central ones. “What does Commenor still need?” Amadis asked directly, as was the Epicanthix’s way. If he could rustle up some resources from elsewhere, he might be able to divert what was needed from another rim project.

The Darkside. Not the growth or wane which came in cycles. The solidifying of the different powers all across the galaxy. There was a sense of a darker time ahead. He grinned, thankful to be pulled out of that bleak view. “This,” and he had to take a look as it had been a very long time since he’d seen his old friend Fyor Nayus in this room, rebuilt as it was. “Was where they used to connect to the force through design and engineering,” you could still see the leftover parts, where gifted younglings learned the force through application of engineering concepts. There were just a couple of younglings present and a Jedi who looked up happily, assembling miniature speeders with their eyes closed.

Old memories.

Behind them, was an arch leading to an even more peaceful area, open doors ahead, nothing hindering them because the meditation area lay ahead. Through the gardens first. More training facilities could be seen to the left, open glass to let light in. Four rooms he noted, Targetting Droids. A gym. Quiet study rooms. Lightsaber practice. Then finally a large climbing tree with nets and platforms, a cushioned floor below it. “One time or another, I’ve seen every lesson you can imagine.” From every teacher, you could imagine. Variety was the main point. That and a small plaque which scrolled with the names of those that had fallen, Jedi, Rangers and their allies. Placed next to a small dry tree which always needed too much water. One important memory saved from Voss.

Welcome...”.

The younger woman addressed him with the hand-held device. Veiere smiling in greeting and giving his sincere regards while pressing his thumb against the screen and being met with a green glow of confirmation from the Datapad.

All taken care of!“.

She gave him the Device so that he had all the information he might require to find his new Dorm and read over what might be expected of him, or perhaps it was a written introduction to the Order, in time he'd find out yet for now, he simply offered her his thanks and continued on alongside the good company of Master [member="Kei Amadis"].

"It's been quite some time since I led a Classroom..." Veiere chuckled softly, his gaze crossing the Antarian Officer saluting his peer as they passed the two; "I always did enjoy teaching and being around the younger ones. They used to remind me of the simple pleasures of life, living behind the walls of the Jedi Enclave back then and not yet having been exposed to the greater picture" Veiere was out of practice, and it would take some time, but remembering why he followed the Consular path growing up within the Order, seemed like as good a goal as any to place ahead of him. Contributing to the education of future Jedi that would eventually leave the safety of Kashyyyk and seek to help others in all walks of life, the path of the Jedi was truly an admiral one, yet too a difficult one and there were struggles that he hadn't always been so prepared for in life that perhaps he could hope to steer those vulnerable away from making similar mistakes. Live and learn, as they say.

"With Commenor coming under the Silver Jedi Order, knowing that our people are better protected from the Imperials as an asset all in itself. Our economy is still recovering since the Sith Empire tried to pillage our resources. We were fortunate to disrupt their evacuation and recover what we could, yet it was a significant blow all the same..." He replied honestly. Not exactly something he would have admitted to any on his home-world for concern of what the media could get away with these days, though out here on Kashyyyk among the integrity of the Jedi, Veiere felt safe in his ability to speak freely. "Our trade should be of benefit to the Order as we return to our peak once more. The income that was coming in before the attack was decent, as was the fleet that we had, though nothing compared to yours. We should have what we need however to recommission some of our larger assets in due time".

The interior of the Silver Rest was truly beautiful, leaving Veiere feeling warmed by the opportunity of being led through what was arguably the more peaceful of places that he had roamed in quite a time. The placid nature of the Light, the peace that accompanied the presence of so many Jedi in one place, he had forgotten how comfortable one could find themselves in such a position. "I'm sure I'll learn much from your people, Master Amadis" Veiere replied on the subject of training and the various methods of teaching there.

Stopping to take notice of the Plaque and those names who were inscribed, Veiere stood there for a moment, silently acknowledging them and wishing them peace in his mind, though saying nothing to give evidence to his consideration and honoring of those who had passed. He too had known many over the years whose lives had been swept up in the onslaught of war against the Sith. Lost an entire enclave that was once his home for two decades during the time of the One Sith, and today there seemed little deterrence that kept their predecessors at bay.

Soon enough, they were once again on the move and continuing to explore the Temple. All the while, Veiere finding himself encouraged and looking forward to the time where formalities and first impressions had passed, and he could feel as though he were truly one of the Silver Order's own. Such a thing that would come with time and effort, naturally.

"I must say I feel humbled to be walking with you in this Temple" Veiere admitted, his thoughts being spoke aloud. "In the past I believe I may have given some of your people a bad impression of my character, a time where my mind was so focused on the older traditions of the Jedi and unable to see the present clearly. I hope that I can encourage those training here not to make the same mistakes that I have". He wondered if Amadis would understand, though Veiere meant what he said and for his arrogance that he had shown in the first two conclaves he had raised, attempts to bring about a return of the old ways, he had besmirched his name and been too quick to neglect the Order for what it had become today. "No matter how much we think we know, there's always more to learn and always room to grow" he added softly, perhaps more for his own sake than his peers.

“Kids and younglings ground us,” Kei admitted. “Take fewer chances.” Plus. He’d not been shot since he’d had his younglings. A natural progression of life. It would be a lonely place without the orphans and students, they “breathe life into the halls.” The Epicanthix’s grin was firm. The same for new people who came.

Raids on resources. Despite his usual calmness. Amadis was honestly feeling some emotion. He nodded firmly, the grin remained but it was pressed. Sith and Imperials orders stamping their colors across the galaxy. He half wanted to pick up a rifle and go march back into imperial or empire space, take your pick, either direction. But Kids. Responsibilities. “Sorry state the galaxy is in.” He stopped near the tree and the plaque. Adding a name that he hadn’t wanted to add. [member="Gorto Lutt"], a former simple SSC barman from Voss, now not so much. [member="Coci Heavenshield"] “Trust in the force,” he looked at the tree. “Ever think that’s not enough.” Questions of faith and they were alone, no younglings to worry him, so he gave them freely.

Then that calm settled back in. The force was guidance, always there when needed. The name and photo of someone new on the plaque, scrolling with the other names. Moment of silence. He’d miss their conversations, that big old Houk was a good listener.

“We’ll learn much from you Master Arenais.” Kei looked at him and withdrew from the plaque. “That’s why this temple has lasted so long. Despite suffering tragedies as you have suffered.” There was no shortage of sympathy in the expression. “Because new people came, and we could say those words about them. What can we learn, how can we adapt and pull together.” At least for him, it had always been that way.

Kei pulled away from the plaque, and turned to carry on the walk, to the meditation chambers. Impressive buildings, a calm aura and a place of peace inside. Mistakes. “Only the mistakes that shows us what we need to do.” Kei had made PLENTY, he wasn’t going to tell [member="Veiere Arenais"] how to act or what to think, just advise. “No need to abandon who you are. The opposite.” There was certainly some very doctrine orientated teachers at the temple, and traditional teachers, “all manner of Jedi walked these halls at one time or another.” On the worlds they’d called home.

In the chambers themselves, there were students kneeling, open doors for the most part, with a few private rooms. Some were in front of small plants, others on their own or in groups. In fact, sitting on a wooden bench at the door, they met an old friend named Shen Rel. A proud woman, but always a fair one. The Echani Jedi holding to many if not all of the traditions that Veiere would have spoken about. There was a lot of peace there at the door and inside.

“Easier days ahead. All things pass or change.” Amadis told Veiere. Shen, older now, probably in her fifties said nothing, just gave them both a knowing nod. Still the same long silver hair and imposing look. Steadfast in her watch over the gardens and those that passed.

Veiere had two children of his own, two more that had been adopted into the House Arenais through [member="Lady Kay"], they who had been family to her long before she and Veiere had met and eventually married. He gave a slim smile in response to [member="Kei Amadis"]' remark that children grounded them for the better, and he agreed with it for the most part, only his mistakes had been made some years after their birth. So much so, that they had been alive and old enough to witness and remember it forever more. It was something...-A time of darkness for his family that they hadn't yet fully recovered from. Not for [member="Caedyn Arenais"] at-least.

The Meditation Chambers were a welcome site. Veiere had commissioned something similar be built as a private room for himself at their home within the mountains of Commenor, though he was the only one to practice such things. When their estate had been destroyed by the bounty hunter Koda Fett on the eve of the Empire's taking Commenor, Veiere had lost more than a simple few sentimental possessions. Here it seemed that he would once again find the peace and comforted he liked most when settling down to lose hours to his inner reflections and mantle of the Force itself.

"Easier days are certainly welcome one's" Veiere chuckled under his breath, turning back to his new and fellow Silver Jedi with a smile, enthusiastic at-least where the future was concerned. After all, spend too much time looking over your shoulder and you're likely to miss what's important and right in front of you. He soon spotted Shen Rel and smiled, bowing his head respectfully in response to her confirming nod of acknowledgement.

"I'll do my utmost to become a positive influence on our younger one's here, and certainly to offer what I can to those of the Knights and Master body of the Order should they have need of me" he added sincerely, feeling rather fortunate in his new found position; "Is there perhaps something you might suggest that your....-Our people could benefit from most, from myself? A need and priority that I might be of help with? It'd be nice to have an idea on where to start first".

What Kei would suggest would always be practical. Not Taiden’s subtle approach, Glades looking to the past for answers, or Fyors Engineered wizardry. For Kei there was always practical work to do. “Not been back long enough to advise you well,” more than to say, "front line is strong, teaching facilities are always open and busy, medically we are often needed and healers are always welcome.” He scratched his stubble, “Details.” There was technology to deal with famine, logistics or the pulsing core of SJO space, there was always details. Every planet was a new challenge to assist, long after the initial contact was made. He’d be running around for years trying to establish networks and contacts. Considering and adapting to new issues. More than that there were others were preparing, evolving their own situations on the ground.

“I look to our engineers and relief efforts,” Kei answered, “where I specialise.” Not with Fyors engineering talent, even if he’d tried to take up the mantel. “Better question to ask, where do you specialise?Teaching, healing, logistics, guardianship, scouting, diplomacy. He grinned, “when you have that, you have the answer.” The rest would come in time naturally, organically fitted into place. "wouldn't mind a hand." He laughed. The wildcards were getting too old to carry as much as they did behind the scenes, much as they had a place in his heart.

Another report came in over a communicator on his wrist, and he answered it briefly. Giving Veiere time to reflect.

“Admire your standards,” Kei grinned. Positive influences, could never to be many in any one place. "It’ll come." He assured the Master, didn’t need to try too hard, “whatever you’ve faced, free yourself of it here." Transitions always took time. Kei nodded firmly. “Be yourself. We all benefit.” Something hard learned, the scar on his own cheek and limp in his own step a clear reminder. There was a great calmness around Kei, like a star destroyer could hit nearby and it would be handled the same way.

"This. Shooting ranges, training ranges, ranger barracks and hangars, about all I know." That, the Grand Master's office, and the catacombs below where a few of the fallen Master's lay, if they had transferred them from Voss. He scratched the back of his neck, some tour guide.

"I suppose that my first thoughts go to subjects like the Jedi Code and philosophy of the Order" Veiere replied, speaking his mind aloud while his gaze roamed the Silver Rest's facilities around them; "I was always more interested in studying the Force than I was being a Master of Swordsmanship or technological advancements...-Only life seemed to have a different need or path set out for me that I wound up living a Guardian's role more so than the Consular I sought to become", such roles that were more present in the Order back when he was a much younger man than today.

"Jedi today do not benefit from keeping to such restricted measures, I realize. I was taught by a traditionalist as a young man, though I'm relieved to be able to say that despite how long it's taken me, I've managed to become much more open minded about what and who the Jedi are in today's Galaxy" he smiled warily. It was a subject that had often kept him at arms length from the likes of significant members of the Silver Jedi. Arisa Yune for example had debated with him during the first two great Conclaves that Veiere had called fourth on Yutan, and it had unfortunately led them both to see things on a different page from one another. Had he to meet her today and first impressions be given a second chance, he felt that their relationship could be built on something much different to the indifference they had shared back then.

"I like to discuss theories and explore the history of the Jedi with students. Something I used to encourage them to challenge and question, then learn from and grow in their understanding of the Force and why the Jedi are needed today...-I have to admit that I have missed teaching prospective future Knights of the Order" he chuckled softly, glancing back to [member="Kei Amadis"] curious as to his thoughts on the idea of Veiere teaching once more.

“Back twenty or thirty years and that was me. Reversed.” He scratched his stubble, linking his arms behind his back. “Same thing. Doctrine of a different type, conflicts it brought not recognizing the opposite. Mostly about soldering,” he admitted, that was the sticking point back then. “Lifetime ago.” The insults to his then wife the real final nail in Kei’s relationship with early Jedi orders, he'd been hot headed as a padawan.

Kei grinned again, “helps to look at people as people, all their flaws, all their strengths, all of it. That’s what and who they are. Who you are, and who I am.” He limped lightly over to plaque, “and all of them were the same.” Damn old sentimentalist. True though. He could hear Zacka’s voice almost, the cage in the gardens no doubt waving his cane at young’uns as they passed, telling them to get on with their studies or keep off the flowerbeds. In his own way that old cage was part of it all.

“If teachings you’re calling, follow it.” Kei nodded, “if you miss that,” Never easy to teach. Took life experience. Always some young Jedi wanting to charge off into the breach and wave the lightsaber like in the holovids, yeah, that was him too at one time. His voice became more serious, “And that weight, the experience that weighs on you and me, that’s your gift to them. A lifetime of it.” Because in the end, those problems, challenges, obstacles that Veiere at the moment felt weighed heavy on him, could be the very things that he was able to teach others with. At least Kei tried to use his.

Didn’t make living through it any easier. Kei chuckled almost at the thought, resting his old leg on a stone. “We ain’t getting any younger Master Arenais. The galaxy needs the next Jedi, only got one good leg left.” He confided cheerfully, "and don't say anything to the rangers, but the eyesight isn't what it used to be." Not something a sniper would live down!

"Well then..." Veiere chuckled dryly at his own expense, "If my mistakes are a valuable lesson to the young one's, I shouldn't run short on lesson plan's for a good long while" he turned to offer a half smirk to [member="Kei Amadis"], a sarcastic remark made in humor and to inspire a bit of a giggle rather than anything said with any true seriousness. Expression straightening, Veiere found himself and soon added after a short pause "It will be good to be of service to others once again in life...-To give something back, for all that I've received over my life".

Though he didn't enjoy holding the title of King or any such position that suggested he was to be held above any other in life, the fact was that he had benefited from the privilege's that came with such a position. His Children had been given the finest education, and the housing that they had spent the last ten years or more in, had been nothing if not beautiful and expensive. He and Kay had worked long and hard to use their influence to better the lives of those both on Commenor and beyond, to be given opportunities and the rights that every sentient person deserved; to keep them safe from the tyranny of darker powers. Thanks to their desires to better the Galaxy, his family had become targets, victims, many a time...-But there was always someone out there that was somehow worse off than they were.

"I'm afraid I don't have much experience or knowledge of these Rangers of yours...?" He replied with a sense of intrigue to his remark. The Silver Jedi had a vastly impressive fleet and military base for which kept their world's protected when the time's came for Jedi Intervention, yet Veiere didn't know the details at all and in the Silver Rest, he had only just begun to expand his knowledge around the true workings of the Silver Jedi Order. As large as they were, and as often as Veiere had heard of them, his experience was vastly in contrast of their political reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom