Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Becalmed In Virtue

Arc knew it wasn't as simple as saying yes, of making a promise to do exactly that. But deep down he believed he could make it so, if he brought it to the attention of the right people. Food, and a lot of it, at their fingertips? Yeah, they couldn't rightly turn that down. And helping the Symeong would simply be an added bonus.
"I'll see what I can do; We're just students, but I think we can sort something out here. Keep you from being steamrolled by the Bryn'adul. Until then, uh... Don't give up hope, alright?"
Hope. Wasn't that what the other side often preached? Oh well.
"You mentioned agridroids. Do you have numbers? And how badly repaired are they?" If they could get a decent overview of the infrastructure currently present then he could properly present the idea to Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean once they returned to Korriban. No use trying to go into this half-arsed. Just a slither of an idea wasn't enough to go on.
Their afternoon dwindled away quite quickly after that, as Hilarion explained the present state of things, the numbers they'd once had, the plants grown, etc. Arcturus took to taking notes. They had something to eat together, and then the pair were prepping to leave.
Before they did, Arcturus ran up into the ship and returned with several bags of chips. He handed them to the ape-man along with a commlink.
"I'll keep in touch, alright? Let you know what's going on in regards to this. I'll find a way to make it work though, I promise."
And Arcturus Thesh did not break promises.

On their way back to the ship after leaving Hilarion with a commlink and enough chips to last him a while, Ishani was quiet. She was in shock, almost unable to believe what had occurred.

Did we really just… set up a planet for domination?” she asked. “All by ourselves?

A few more seconds passed as she let this sink in. Turning to Arcturus, she pounced on him. What was supposed to be an enthusiastic embrace proved a miscalculation; she sent them both toppling over into a (thankfully) cushy row of overgrown wheat.

Are you okay?” she asked, though she was already laughing at her own stupidity. She rolled off of him, flopping on her back on the crops. It was soft beneath her. “This is crazy. I think we’ve both gone crazy.” Turning over on her side, she looked at him. “Do you realize all this started because I came into your room and asked you to make me a sword? Now we’re out here offering to save a planet from the Bryn in exchange for taking it over?

Yeah, uh, why were they wasting time lying in the wheat fields when they had work to do? “Oh chit, we gotta get back to Korriban and tell everybody.” She scrambled to her feet and took off, yelling over her shoulder, “Race you!

Arcturus was rather quiet too, lost in his thoughts with plans of grandeur. Already he was glancing around at the rolling fields, envisioning everything back in working order, new structures - though hopefully not too many - refurbished droids... Cityslickers turned farmers.
Butterflies fluttered around his stomach. And then she pounced.
Well, his thoughts were well and truly dashed in that moment. Air escaped him in an 'oof', and after a few seconds of trying to catch his breath he too devolved into laughter. "I'm fine, I'm fine," he assured her, rubbing his ribs where he'd landed a little wonkily. Thankfully it was already dulling away from pain.
Back on his feet soon after he followed after her to the ship. Yeah, they had a lot to do didn't they?
They'd be back at Korriban in a few hours, his ship was speedy to be sure. They could use that time to finish planning the blade, maybe get some shut-eye...
Either way soon the ship was taking off, and back in hyperspace he returned to his place on the sofa, notebook in hand.

Oh no, not again!” she exclaimed in fake dismay at the sight of him back on the couch with his notebook. “I’m getting deja vu already. At least there’s no whipped cream involved this time.

But she took a seat beside him. “We’re going to get this fething sword done. No hanky-panky until afterwards. I won’t even touch you, no matter how much you pout...
The return trip to Korriban was probably mostly spent sleeping, hopefully in an actual bed. Depending on whether or not Arc insisted upon dragging her into Maliphant’s inner sanctum or decided it was best to leave her outside, Ishani was probably waiting around for them to finish talking either way. She didn’t feel comfortable around Mal, who was largely a stranger to her. The best she could offer was support, proving that Arcturus wasn’t bullshitting when he said they had a new planet to add to the Worm’s empire.

On the other hand, a full day had passed, and she was supposed to be in class, so... maybe she wasn't there after all.

Their journey home didn't take long.
Then came the difficult part: explaining the whole bewildering series of events to Maliphant. It was almost too good to be true, but given how close the Bryn'adul were it was also fairly understandable. That there had been even one sentient left on the planet had been unexpected once the circumstances had been explained to them... Well, Arcturus had gained a lot of information from the ape-man. He was glad that it hadn't been totally uninhabited.
So it was that he came upon Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean in his office once more. This was becoming way too much of a familiar occurrence as of late. He hated bothering people, most of all his Master, but the opportunity was too exciting to pass up.
Arcturus had made sure Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn was in fact there with him. It wasn't even a matter of needing moral support, and it sure as feth wasn't to reveal that they had a thing going on. Simply put, Arc didn't want to forget anything important about the whole thing.
So he dragged her with, class or no class, and after knocking politely upon the office door he opened it up and stepped inside.

A fire burned, popping and cracking in its duracrete containment as Maliphant sat behind a wonderfully intricate wooden desk. Imported, no doubt, from some planet of high repute for its woodwork judging by the quality; paid for by the man who had everything. Archaic paper was spread on some of his desk, while a datapad sat to the other side - and yet another was in his hand. He scrolled endlessly, not even offering the two a glance until they were fully into his office and finding a seat before him.

When they had, he set the tablet down, crossed his legs and steepled his fingers over his lap. Abyss like eyes surrounded ruby embers - a sign of just how deeply corrupted Maliphant was by the Dark Side despite his nearly flawless appearance. They glanced between them for a moment, letting the air hang heavy with silence before he spoke;

"What is it you need?"

Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

There was that subtle yet pervasive smell of lavender again, though it was nearly smoked out by the fire and scent of carved wood. Maliphant paid them no heed when they arrived, but Arcturus seemed to take it all in stride, no doubt used to this sort of treatment. Well, if he wasn’t concerned, she didn’t need to be either, right? This man was supposed to be like a father to him, surely he knew how to read his moods, and this wasn’t a sign of contempt or a refusal to give them any of his time.

After following Arcturus to a seat in front of that big sexy carved desk, Ishani sat with her hands folded in her lap. For the first time since she had enrolled in the academy, she actually looked directly at Maliphant’s face for longer than a couple terrifying seconds (at least, until he looked back at her; then she averted her eyes). She realized then that her assumption was incorrect—he wasn’t a real albino. The red eyes were not the result of a lack of pigmentation. Well, the white hair might be, but the eyes, black inside red, were more likely a manifestation of corruption. Although she thought the Dark Side was supposed to make you look like you had jaundice...

He asked them what they needed. She was surprised by how polite and measured it sounded. Arcturus, it’s because of Arcturus. It has to be. Quite the good luck charm indeed.

Uh…” she began, slightly emboldened, but not by much. She still spoke in that tiny, timid, girlish voice most people knew her for. Provided Maliphant did not interrupt to demand that she speak up, she did manage to say a few words. “We—Arcturus and I—we visited a planet called Folende. It’s an agriworld at risk of invasion by the Bryn. Most of the inhabitants have fled, leaving the crops unharvested, and—um, we thought perhaps, maybe, the Worm Emperor would find a use for it?

Not much, but more than she was typically able to get out when speaking to a relative stranger, let alone one that held authority over her.

Last edited:
Arcturus moved through the room with an air of apprehension mixed with calmness. It was a strange mix in truth; ordinarily the apprehension might not have been present at all, he had known Maliphant for all of the life he could remember having lived, and while there was deep respect held within there wasn't the same level of fear many seemed to hold. Recent events had shaken that up some, of course. But that had been Arcturus' doing... Not his Masters.
He took a seat across from the man, not having to be told to do so this time as he had in the past. Ishani sat beside him. It wasn't until then that the silence was broken, another thing he'd come to expect.
Though much to his surprise Ishani spoke up before he could.
He nodded his head some to what she'd said.
"I believe it could resolve some of our issues with regards to food, My Lord," he said; while Felucia could remedy some of it too, that land was wild and owned more by the creatures which inhabited it than the Sith. It had its uses, but it wasn't a true agriworld. "There are hamlets, and agridroids, and even one remnant from the former colony who remained behind to tend to it all after the others left. An insider could prove vital."
After a moment he remembered what he was missing, and hastily pulled out the datapad he'd taken notes with. He placed it on the desk, pushed it an inch or so toward Maliphant, then let it lay there should he wish to read the report. It had all the data he'd taken from Hilarion, numbers of houses, and droids, and production rates.
There was obviously more the boy had to say, but he figured it was best to let what had already been said lie, to be digested. They were just Acolytes, there was probably plenty he'd overlooked even with Hilarion's aid.

Last edited:

Maliphant did not ordain them with a rude interruption, nor act out of turn. Just as Ishani had assumed, he would treat them with respect so long as they respected his position; leave alone that he did have some caveats to his usually cold challenging nature when Thesh was around. The Sith Lord slid the datapad closer, glancing over the documentation they had gathered for him - leaving the room quiet for a few minutes as he cross referenced the data with his own memories from Frumentarii and Consul reports he had intercepted.

The Frumentarii, after all, were obsessed with stealing things - and the Consul were obsessed with production figures. Besides a few small differences in future production levels, the general lay out was well fleshed out and in depth. Maliphant could feel the small ball of pride in his stomach as he set it back down - but wouldn't break a smile in front of Ishani.

"Very in depth.", he said with a nod, passing the datapad back.

"In fact, after the arrival of the Graug on Chandaar, refugees have begun to flood the Korriban spaceport. Not to mention the immigrants from the core, confederacy, and sith empire - having a world open to the laymen would be a good effort. I understand the Consul are looking to establish a worker corp for the Eternal - no doubt they would be willing to back your initiative, if nothing else than to stop a perfectly good world from being turned to ash by the graug.", he said as he leaned back in his chair once more.

"The Worm will have no issue with our own expansion. We are sworn to him, not serve him hand and foot. I'll add in a few of my own forces, and you should be able to take the planet rather simply; though mind that there are most certainly going to be challengers to your efforts.", he said, steepling his fingers on his lap.

"I assume you're prepared to defend such a claim?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn

Maliphant’s words reached Ishani’s ears and she registered their meaning, though she quickly grew overwhelmed. Things were moving fast. At the most, she had expected to be told they had done good work, and to have the data they had collected taken out of their hands while their superiors went to work. Not that they would be conquering Folende themselves.

Her eyes fixed somewhere off to the side, gnawing on her thumbnail as she processed the concept of defending their claim to an entire planet. She raised her head, still not quite looking at the Sith Master—her gaze landed at the apex of Maliphant’s collar, where the fabric was gathered at his slender white throat.

I will not fight Arcturus for control of Folende. It’s all his, if he wants it. He is far... better qualified.” She had nearly said far more deserving.

Whether it had been implied by Maliphant’s words, or if it was automatically expected of them to fight each other over the agriworld now that the pieces had been set upon the board, there was no way she could defend her claim alone against any challengers. Nor did she have the ambition or shrewdness to feel her way around the game. She was a new acolyte, whereas Arcturus seemed to be approaching knighthood. If either of them were to be given this opportunity, it should be him.

Turning to face Arc, she didn’t say a word, but her gaze held a wealth of meaning. Of course, she would help him in any way he could.

Defend such a claim...
A claim...
Though his expression didn't give his thoughts away, Arcturus was momentarily caught off guard when his Master was done responding. Were they laying a claim to this world by bringing it to the attention of the Sith Eternal? He had not intended it to be that way, he had simply seen a world of potential and the ways in which it might benefit their cause.
A claim...
But he was just an Acolyte. Could he have a claim in all of this? He swallowed down some of his doubt.
"I had considered the dispersed from outlying worlds, and those belonging to Chandaar who will no doubt be displaced by the Graug, prime candidates for repopulation efforts," he began, deciding to respond to more of what had been said than simply the matter of claims, "A fresh start, on a clean world... Certainly it's likely to boost productivity and morale, which can only further help the cause."
Indeed he'd mentioned as much to the Symeong when they were discussing numbers. The likelihood of the original settlers returning was slim, at least until they knew that the Bryn'adul would not be breaking it into a scar world... Still, much of what Arcturus had expected he'd be talking about here was fleeting from his mind.
Ishani didn't help that either. Talks of not fighting him for control a world? It was dizzying, it was happening all at once. And he could sense in the way she looked at him that she was as taken aback by it all as he was.
"I do not have the powerbase at hand," he began, believing it best to be truthful with the man who had raised him even if it might broker some doubt in the man, "But attentions still linger on Ossus, and Chandaar's takeover is still in its infancy. There's much to hold the attention of the others at present, which gives time to work on such."
Could he defend the claim? He didn't have any units to command, or much in the way of funds. He wasn't going to be so lucky as Alina had been, finding a droid army in a decrepit tomb, but there were other ways... Ways which suited Arcturus far more than metal men.
"I will be prepared, Master, when the time comes," he finally stated, and there was confidence brimming beneath the surface of the words as his mind began to whir with possibilities, though he was taming much of his expectations. There was much he'd been putting off in the past months that would need to come to the forefront of this was to be pulled off.
Still, this hadn't been his plan... And no doubt that had been made obvious.

"Stress not, Ishani; you won't need to challenge him for control of the planet. I will, however, ask you hold loyalty to him. While the Dark Side and Sith teachings often encourage us to betray those vulnerable to us - it is a precious thing to have someone to trust in.", Maliphant said. Somewhere in his speech, there was a threat hidden within it; but it was subtle enough to be missed.

"You will have funding from my personal vaults, access to my personal forces. I'll help automate the farming processes on the planet, and in return you will support me when required and called upon. I assume that would be obvious, but its best to say it outloud. Past that, however..."

He leaned back once more.

"You will otherwise have full sovereignty. Free to rule it as you wish, crush its people, raise them up; rule it as you wish to rule it. Do you have any questions?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn

Too busy staring at Arcturus, Ishani hardly took notice of the vague threat in Maliphant’s tone. Betray Arc? In what hellscape universe, what cursed timeline, could she ever possibly betray him over something as stupid as power?

She gave Arcturus a chance to ask any of his questions first, and Maliphant to answer, then finally tore her eyes away from the redhead acolyte long enough to voice the most pressing question she could think of:

Is Arcturus’ room bugged?

What Maliphant was offering was far more than that which he was asking for. Despite the hiccup on Ossus, Arcturus' loyalty to his Master had never once been in question, had never once waned. Should he be called upon, regardless of whether or not Folende became his in the end, the boy would come, the boy would fight.
Thus, there was no hesitation or difficulty when he nodded his head and next spoke.
"Of course, Master. I shall come when you call." He did not feel the need to clarify his support outside of that, perhaps he ought to have done so but the writing was on the wall. Maliphant was in many ways all the boy had.
He pondered on the question posed, regarding queries, and though nothing immediately came to his mind it seemed Ishani had a burning question to ask. It practically leapt from her lips the moment it was able to do so.
Arcturus' eyes widened to the question in particular. If it had not been directed to his Master he might have laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom