Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beauty and Business

Taeli stretched as her personal ship arrived in the Kesh system. She had finally gotten around to coming here for her meeting with Solan. Kesh would actually provide a very decent site to produce weapons for Krayt Industries, isolated and all of that. Plus, while here, she could study the Keshiri and maybe procure a few new toys for herself.

She could see the image of a few ships orbiting the planet, and she assumed this was the fleet Solan had slowly been building or gathering from distant corners of the galaxy.

"Kesh Control, this Taeli Rae, requesting permission to land to meet with the King of Kesh about an economic venture," she said, formal and polite. A Krayt Industries convoy was sitting in the next system over, just waiting for the go ahead to jump into the system once she had secured the deal completely.

[member="Solan Charr"] [member="Evania Charr"]

[member="Taeli Rae"] [member="Evania Charr"]

Solan smiled at his daughter while they sat in his garden, eyes running over a flower as he looked at her and had infront of him as well a book of letters and words. She had never gotten the chance to read or write so instead of simply letting her continue on like that he was teaching her the spelling of words and the letters connected to them so that he would be able to teach her so many things she missed out on about having a good life... granted though while he did spoil, by no stretch of the situation did he let her get turned into someone who was self entitled to what he gave his daughter. "So, do you want to try and write the word flower? Or write blue?" He had decided colors, numbers, and a plethora of other things around the home was likely to come first.

Only then did his eyes get drawn to a datapad and he sighed as he looked over and activated his comm. "Have her bring her ship into the Palace's Hanger, and please bring our guest to the gardens i am in with my daughter. I am sure our guest will not mind such arrangements."

Evania took the book and tried to write both words. The letters were crooked and a little big, but it was spelled right. She showed it to Solan eagerly, smiling proudly as she help the book up for him to look at. She was enjoying learning to read and write. It allowed her to spend time with her father and bond with him. She had even started calling him daddy thanks to the lessons he was giving her. She looked up curiously when he mentioned a guest though. "Someone's here?" [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Taeli Rae"]

Landing in the palace's hanger, Taeli lowered the ramp and walked down it. She was wearing another of her fancy dresses, this one a light green that flowed and shimmered around her as she moved. A Keshiri servant, his purple skin exotic and not usually seen in the galaxy, led Taeli all the way through the palace to the gardens.

Just as she would expect on Kesh, it was a truly beautiful setting. She had never figured Solan to be one for gardening, but every person needed a hobby she guessed. Walking through the garden, she eventually turned down a path and saw Solan with a young girl. Her Force signature rang with parts unknown, but she could Solan's essence in there as well. Oh, just too tempting to pass up.

"Well well well, Solan Charr, a family man at last, oh how the women of the galaxy will breathe a sigh of relief," she said, a teasing tone evident in her voice. "So, going to introduce me to your daughter?"

Evania turned as she sensed someone new entering the gardens. The little girl wasn't very good at controlling her empathy yet, and sometimes the emotions of others would overwhelm her. [member="Taeli Rae"] however, seemed to have a rather calming air about her which put the young girl at ease. She stared up at the woman, admiring the green dress she wore. Evania decided she really liked the color. Maybe she could convince her daddy to get her a similar dress. She heard the teasing comment and glanced up at [member="Solan Charr"]. She had a feeling she was missing something here, and she wasn't quite sure she wanted to know what it was.

"Yes, its and old friend of mine Evania... But don't worry. She is a weird one, but not scary like i am with my Scythe." He smiled as he looked at his daughter and then at the words before continuing to speak. "Also, you did a very good job with the two words. You will be writing like a pro in no time there." He couldn't help but smile wider as he looked at her and then the voice of the woman he was waiting for to arrive sounded in the air.

"Taeli, got to say this is a pleasant surprise. Visit me more often and i might just thing you are playing hard to get and actually like me." He smiled as he full well knew the truth but couldn't help himself with the comment. Today was already starting off as a good day. "What do i owe the pleasure... oh and right. Evania, this is Taeli Raaf, a friend of mine. Taeli, Evania... ill leave the last name to be obvious."

"You certainly wish that don't you, Solan?" Taeli laughed. "She's quite a cute little girl, must get her looks from her mother. But sadly, this isn't a social call, I came to discuss a certain deal you proposed."

Sitting down daintily on a nearby bench, she crossed her legs and took her datapad out of her handbag. She never thought when she first met him that she would willingly work with Solan. He was annoying, still was in fact, but she could much more easily handle his mannerisms now. Plus, she was pragmatic enough to realize he would be a good ally to have.

"You once suggested that Kesh would be an excellent place to establish my company, both our weapon and ship divisions, for establishing a presence in this sector of the galaxy," she said, looking up at the Dark Jedi. There was a hidden meaning in there she was sure he would catch, one that she certainly appreciated what this isolated location would allow access to.

Evania climbed into Solan's lap when he sat down. She leaned back against him and played with a datapad while the two adults talked. She was practicing her spelling on the datapad using the small holographic keyboard. She listened in on the conversation for a little bit, but it was boring adult stuff so she quickly lost interest. She did hear a mention of weapons which drew her attention again. The young girl had a fascination for such things after all. [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Taeli Rae"]

"Ah... yes. Well i have been thinking about that and i agree. Kesh is without a real economy to be notable but the efforts we can put forward with this deal you speak of would provide it with unmatched levels of work and commerce... as well as another venture of mine that will be occurring in the near future." He tapped his thigh as he looked at Evania practicing on the datapad, eyes softening further as he nodded. "What did you have in mind and would this draw any unwanted attention to Kesh? I don't feel like having my people put in danger over helping the construction of these facilities." It was clear there was something more than just his people that he wanted to protect, the person sitting not more than an inch infront of him and between the two adults.

"No, nothing untoward should come here," Taeli replied, catching the glance at the young girl. "These are going to be relatively quiet facilities, for obvious reasons, as I don't want to draw attention to my expansion to this region. It would be a weapon facility tucked away in the mountains and maybe two or three shipyards that would get material from nearby systems, no long range convoys coming here."

She wanted this area to be more quiet for people to find, it wouldn't be listed on any company manifest for some time as she would prefer to have all her cards in hand before playing them.

"I have a convoy of my company's engineers waiting in the Kal'Shebbol system, waiting for the go ahead to start work, and all of them loyal to me and not . . . others," she also added.

Evania had busied herself with typing out all of the things she saw in the garden, from plants and animals, to the names of the people in it with her. She wrote her own name, and Solan's. Now she was trying to quietly sound out how to spell Taeli's name. She thought she had figured it out and began typing it into her datapad. Though she had spelled it T-A-L-E-Y. She looked rather proud of herself though, as she didn't realize she had in fact spelled it wrong. The happy little redhead tapped Solan's arm and held the datapad up to show him. [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Taeli Rae"]

"Good... tell me about the shipyards, i am interested in what you plan to build from here and for what contracts you had planed in which these would be built for. If you would so indulge me that is." He smiled and looked down as the little red head showed him Taeli's name on his datapad and he smiled as he shook his head lightly. "No... here Taeli, could you show her how to spell your name. She accidentally spelled it wrong. She is just learning how to spell."

"Oh, of course," Taeli replied with a smile, typing into the datapad T-A-E-L-I for her name so Evania would know how to spell it. "It's a little confusing I know, my parents wanted a rather unique name. Anywho, the things we would be producing from the shipyards we hope to build here would be a new prototype line of ships, separate from the stock we will be building out of the yards in other regions of space."

She had such plans now, plans to really begin showing people what her company could do, although it would need a new name soon. Krayt was much too Sith-like and had a stigma attached to it that would make people suspicious of their products.

"These new ships would be more . . . open to the market than anything we've produced before," she said, her smile widening ever so slightly. "Possibly be open to newer and emerging markets."

Evania smiled as she took the datapad back from Taeli and looked at how her name was actually spelled. She frowned as she tried to figure out how the spelling was even supposed to make sense. Solan hadn't taught her about strange words that didn't follow the typical rules of spelling and grammar yet. She felt kind of bad for spelling the nice lady's name wrong, but Taeli didn't seem to mind that she had made such a mistake. [member="Solan Charr"] [member="Taeli Rae"]

[member="Evania Charr"]

Solan nodded as he thought about the projects and suspected he knew what she meant about prototypes and open market options. He couldn't help but rub his chin as he smiled and tapped his leg. It was a curious venture that this woman was undertaking and it would be a curious thing to see what she brought to the table with her inventiveness... his mind and mouth were about to continue until he heard the feelings... or rather felt them, of his daughter. He smiled and put his hand on her shoulder as he smiled. "Don't feel bad Evania, shes a weird one like her name." He said to her wordlessly, his mind using Telepathy instead of speaking the words. But Taeli would get a hint of the silent words as he moved his eyes up to stare at her and smile now. "I do believe that can work out just fine Arcanix... or what is your name now Taeli?"

"Taeli please," she said, catching the silent exchange between father and daughter. "Arcanix just sounds so much . . . well . . . I prefer not to be called that anymore unless absolutely necessary. "So was there anything else you wanted to discuss before I call my people in to start working since I'm taking that statement as agreement to the proposal."

Looking at the girl again, she wondered just how much like her father she would grow up to be like. Maybe she could avoid the whole vengeance personified thing her father loved to portray, or the goof ball that annoyed everyone. Anyways, she was curious if they had any other business to discuss.

[member="Taeli Rae"]

"Actually... there is one thing miss Rae..." HE smiled and leaned forward as he looked at her for a few long moments. "Suppose tat you need a new... partner in your recent actions? Someone who could... actively work on projects and designs for which Krayt to send through..." He smiled, it was clear what he was suggesting as he tapped his hand. "You and I both know what my former employer was... a woman who had come across money from hidden sources?" He was happy to play this game, he knew what would come of it.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Are you suggesting you want the stocks currently held in Samantha's hands?" Taeli asked, quite certain that was what he was asking for. It made sense, especially since Sam was just the front for Alex and wasn't really active. Alex was . . . well a way to describe it would be in hiding, but that didn't do it justice after all.

"We would need to contact her first to transfer them, but I wouldn't particularly mind if you received those shares," she mused aloud. "You would certainly be a bit more active than she is, something about her earning a lifetime supply of snack bars has kept her busy or something or other. I suspect she's just bored and off doing her own thing."

[member="Taeli Rae"]

"Do contact her if you need, you know i have all the time in the world. And yes, from what i understand you are the lead developer adn the public one about ownership of Krayt. You also from what i know are no long a subsidiary of Titan Industries which more than interests me. What im curious of is why you would remain partners with a Sith. Even if it is a friend of yours. Am i hitting the wrong place or am i correct." His hands folded over his lap and for once there was a blank expression on his face and in the air. No humor, no fear, no joy no pain. Not even a hint of his famous curiosity. Just... a blank, emotionless stare.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"The same question could be asked about taking on a Dark Jedi as a partner," Taeli laughed. "While Sam is a Sith, if you ever met the girl, I'm sure you could say she is most certainly not a normal Sith. Regardless, I'll send a quick message to her and see if she will agree to moving the stock into your name."

Pulling up her messaging system, she sent a quick message to [member="Samantha Zambrano"] about transferring the stock to Solan Charr as she seemed busy and Solan could do more to help the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom