Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Beasts of the Forest

Outfit: This with a ceremonial spear
Tags: Aelin Erevos Aelin Erevos

From the day they had left their home to see if the rumours were true to the day that they first stepped into the forest, it had been a month. The walking had taken its time, especially with the visions that Zaya has been afflicted with, it was hard for her to focus or think. Her brother was cautious and tried to suggest they sought out a Draoidae to help her understand or at least perform some ritual so that she could be deeper connected with the Gods to understand what they were attempting to show her. Zaya refused though, she respected the Draoidae but she could feel something inside her was preventing her from comprehending the vision yet, as if she and those she would speak with were not ready. Glimpses and snapshots were making it hard for Zaya to accept the vision was meaningless since they were so full of action and death. Yet they were all unfamiliar faces to her.

Hearing news of a gathering of Alphas and different clans, there were rumours this was leading to a new Anasi since no one had gathered Alphas like this before. Neither her or her brother was the Alpha of their clan, that was their cousin. But having her seer abilities, it had placed Zaya and in extension, her brother, in very high position in the clan. It was assumed when the time came that Zaya would take on the Draoidae role of their clan and ensure that they remained to have a strong connection with the Gods. It was a big opportunity for Zaya, one that she wasn't sure was the right fit, it was true that she was a seer and had an affinity for those arts, but Zaya also focused on her skills with the powers the Gods gifted them, there was much she could do and had even attempted healing a couple of times. Difficult but wasn't out of the realm of possibility in her mind.

When they finally arrived at the woods, Zaya could only describe it as cold. The desert life had meant her body was adjusted to a certain temperature and that she wasn't even comfortable with the darkness that the forest provide. It felt so difficult and not what she had expected. The gathering seemed more disjointed than she had presumed and she couldn't really see any other desert Lupo around. Her hair in long braids and attire more suited for warmer climates, or at least what Zaya considered warmer climates. Carrying with her was a ceremonial spear, it was the one weapon that her brother had gotten her proficient in. Today, she was curious if she could get the chance to interact with a specific person. Someone who had grabbed her attention when she first arrived, she wasn't attracted to this person but their face lingered in her mind. Something whispered in the back of her that it was important face to know and get to know, similar to the random wolf lost in the desert, another face she needed to keep in her mind.

Walking over with her spear in one hand, her words came out blunt and simple. "Care to join me in a hunt? See how you forest people hunt." Zaya spoke, tilting her head as she looked at Aelin, not even knowing her name yet.

Aelindivider2_1.png
Aelinprof3.png

Outfit | Xoxo
Location | Hljóðleva Encampment, Islimore
Tag | Zaya Tawfik Zaya Tawfik

With the Gathering Hall freshly finished after months of building, the Lupo people had turned their attention to other demands; the encampment that surrounded the temple of Hljóðleva was no longer made up of small tents and sleeping bags, but makeshift structures risen in neat rows to house the ever growing Lupo Clans that were continuously arriving.

While the events that'd transpired with the twins were less than what she'd consider ideal, the destroyed village had provided ample supplies and livestock that she'd been able to haul back to camp before the Fayth Priests could catch wind of their misdeeds - supplies and food that they'd sorely been in need of before the winter months fully hit them and the timber for them to build hardy structures that would protect them.

Perhaps it was yet another sign from the Gods.

They'd lead her to the Gods Gems for a purpose, sent her to Islimore for a purpose... and they would continue to provide and make ways for the people to survive, so long as she remained on the path that they'd set her feet to walk down... just as she'd promised in her Oath when she'd set out to rescue Meira.

But even now, looking out over the Lupo from her perch upon the halls balcony, Aelin doubted.

The Fayth were said to be stronger than thirty-thousand men, led by a Prince who was fearless in battle and strong as a Krayt Dragon, armed with weapons that could fell a Lupo in a single shot. A poison she herself had briefly come into contact with - and not had the foresight to concoct an antidote for. While she knew the Lupo were powerful, their numbers could not compare. How were they to overthrow the human invaders with such meager numbers while the odds were clearly against them? Her doubts made her shiver, despite the thick fur cloak that enveloped her form.

If we can find where they are keeping the caches of poison and destroy their supplies... Aelin thought, pulling a datapad from the satchel slung over her shoulder to jot her notes down. Thoughts to present to the other Alphas.

"Aelin?" Anders gruff voice cut through the chaos of her working mind, forcing her to reluctantly turn her face away from what she was doing to look at him. "There's someone here to see you."

Perturbed that she'd been interrupted, Aelin gave a curt nod and watched as Zaya approached.

"Care to join me in a hunt? See how you forest people hunt."

Her brows shot up in surprise and lowered, with one staying curiously quirked. The last time she'd agreed to go on a 'hunt' without all of the information, she'd had to kill children. Aelin was in no rush to repeat that incident.

"I'm... you'll have to forgive me, there are so many new faces these days. Who are you?" she asked, trying her best to keep her tone neutral and pleasing.

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:

It seemed that security around this great hall was tight, men stood in her way and warned this Aelin of her approach. Seemed that this Aelin had some leadership skills already under her belt, she was curious if this was how Alphas were like in general. Her uncle was the only Alpha she had known and he was more reliant on her powers for advice. Even if her skills were not as reliable as she wanted them to be. As reliable as she needed them to be. Leaning on her spear, she raised an eyebrow that this stranger was not keen to escape this building and explore the woods, something... Something told her that either in the future she would be more keen in an offer from Zaya or in the past someone offered it and she gratefully accepted the distraction. Shaking her head, the visions were trying to reveal something but her state of mind was not open enough for the gift bestowed by the gods.

Sighing deeply, she took a step closer. "I am Zaya. But my name is not much of note. I am here to seek you out and understand you. I saw your face, one among a few, you seek a certain role. Or at least feel a certain role is being bestowed upon you." Zaya spoke, her mysticism oozing out as she closed her eyes and the tattooed patterns of a seer on her eyelids were revealed. "I have seen this through visions, I need to figure out which one of the faces truly deserves the role and whether you are worthy. For the unworthy will doom our people." Taking another step forward, "this is the reason I came. I speak none of this to anyone, not even my brother." Zaya was reassuring this stranger that what she spoke of, it was only what a seer should share with a subject of a vision.

"If you wish me to meditate and demonstrate my skills to be true then we can, or we can skip the skepticism of me being a genuine seer and we can talk, hunt and perhaps even find a weapon or item you think will help in the fight with the Fayth." Zaya paused, the visions were starting to come in stronger and she was worried that she might faint if she resisted but the images were so fleeting as well there was little understanding bar basic, single sentence thoughts.

Aelindivider2_1.png
Aelinprof3.png

Outfit | XoXo

Trust.

That’s what this woman was asking of her… but how much room for trust did she have left? Her eyes roamed freely over this woman, from the adorning patterns that graced her dark skin, to the end of her cloak where she saw it fraying - potential proof of her arduous journey. There were no weapons on her person, beyond the traditional ceremonial staff she leaned against, a hallmark of one of the Draoidae.

She considered a moment then shook her head, rising proudly from her perch as she trailed back into the main room where it was warmer, unclasping the hook of her cloak and neatly folding it over the back of a chair near the lit hearth, expecting Zaya to follow. “All loyalties are uncertain in times like these.” she answered, repeating what those who often offered her counsel would say. “I want to believe you, but would you not agree that it’d be unwise to not require some proof of your sincerity? I don’t require visions, but something to persuade me of your merits would be enough."

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:

Aelin was needing more. The trust was not coming off easily, Zaya sighed, it seemed that her visions were showing the near future and not far future. It was a shame that she could not convince the woman to trust her with words alone. But then again, her brother was not swayed seeing all these forest wolves and ice wolves, it took a lot to convince the pair of desert wolves that they should lay their trust with people who never spent a day in the sun and sand. Never dealt with the heat beating down upon you.

Following, Zaya looked around, the bones adorning her outfit were from hunts and kills she had made to survive. Her brother used a lot more bone and teeth in his outfits and weapons, his skills far exceeded Zaya's when it came to the physical challenges in life but Zaya always had a way to outthink her opponents. At least, that had been her experience up until now. Looking around this more private area that Aelin had guided her to, Zaya touched the different spots. Everything felt familiar but also new. Hearing Aelin, Zaya only could smirk.

"Well, hard to have loyalties without an Anasi. Some would say that a descendent from Clan Svard would have to step up and take the role, others believe that someone strong and dedicated to the old ways should take charge, others believe a person with new eyes, new views. People are fickle I suppose. Though I warn that you keep the Godstones safe Aelin." Long ago, Zaya had seen a vision that the Godstones had been gifted to a Lupo and it was only seeing Aelin that the vision came flooding back and she realised who it was she had seen.

Sitting on the hard wood floor, tilting her head, "no. Visions are the way to prove this trust. I have seen it, I hoped to avoid it, but here we are. Place your hands in mine." Closing her eyes, Zaya settled her mind, the visions were still overwhelming but now she was allowing her thoughts to be lost in them, for her body to travel and explore the many, many visions. She could feel her mind rush with thoughts of what scenes and clips she could explore. Would predictions of the future work? Or was it safer to remain in the past?

"Your life has not been an easy one, having to strike down your father, fight your uncle. Dealing with Lupo that are big headed such as Gerwald and Brynjar." Names that seem familiar but alien to Zaya as she spoke them, "dealing with Declan and his brothers, his brothers who sought chaos and a bloodbath against humans. Something you refrained from. Then there was the night you spent with Karim, nothing happened but you panicked." Zaya spoke in an amused tone, she didn't mean to rifle through the memories the woman but the visions guided her where they did.

Coughing, she felt she needed to find something more, something that demonstrated truth. "Before the war with the Fayth begins, you will need to announce your wishes to be Anasi. Whether you are chosen or not, the clans need a single leader to rally behind before we war with the Fayth." Zaya stated. "Does this prove my merit or is something in particular you wish me to demonstrate?"

black-wallpaper-45.jpg.png

Aelindivider2_1.png

borders-png-22949_1_3.png

Outfit | XoXo

"Well, hard to have loyalties without an Anasi. Some would say that a descendent from Clan Svard would have to step up and take the role, others believe that someone strong and dedicated to the old ways should take charge, others believe a person with new eyes, new views. People are fickle I suppose. Though I warn that you keep the Godstones safe Aelin."

Listening to Zaya, Aelin’s stance moved from half-hearted interest, to still as stone, slender arms folding neatly over her chest as the curve of her chin rose like a regal Queen. “They are.” was the only assurance she’d give this woman, unwilling to be more forthcoming than that. Asmund had instructed her on the importance of the Godgems, of their sacred meaning and rarity - that there would be those who would covete them as much as fear them, enough so that they’d be willing to shed her blood if it meant keeping them from ever surfacing again.

Aelin watched Zaya’s every move, venturing closer at the seer’s behest and joining her on the ground with crossed legs, gingerly placing her hands into the outstretched palms set before her… a shower of warmth erupting in her core the minute their hands entwined. It filled her with an overwhelming sense of something being taken from her, then put back, a vernal energy that rushed through her like an autumn rain.

"Your life has not been an easy one, having to strike down your father, fight your uncle. Dealing with Lupo that are big headed such as Gerwald and Brynjar." Names that seem familiar but alien to Zaya as she spoke them, "dealing with Declan and his brothers, his brothers who sought chaos and a bloodbath against humans. Something you refrained from. Then there was the night you spent with Karim, nothing happened but you panicked." Zaya spoke in an amused tone, she didn't mean to rifle through the memories of the woman but the visions guided her where they did.

A sudden gale ripped through the room, throwing open the doors and threatening to extinguish the fire that flickered and moved, embers sparking around them.

"Before the war with the Fayth begins, you will need to announce your wishes to be Anasi. Whether you are chosen or not, the clans need a single leader to rally behind before we war with the Fayth." Zaya stated, a jolt of electricity shivering through her system, feeling the convictions of what Zaya spoke sink deep beneath her skin.

Then, slowly, the woman came out of her vision, eyelids fluttering open. "Does this prove my merit or is something in particular you wish me to demonstrate?"

Aelin parted the rosebud of her lips to speak, “No.” she murmured, furrowing her brows. She had asked for proof of her merits, and she had given that and more. How could she deny her, and turn away the potential for wisdom?

...But was it worth the risk?

“Lead me," she decided after several moments of silence, "and I will follow.”

Aelindivider_1.png

Last edited:

It seemed that Aelin did not have much to say and Zaya respected that. She was use to talking, mostly because of her work as a seer, it had taught her how to talk. Build small talk, give insight into people and at times the chance to help them relax. The mention of the Godgems had not gone down well with Aelin, she seemed tense, clearly it was something she did not realise Zaya would know about. "I do not wish to take them. They were bestowed to you and you should have them. Whether they make you a worthy leader, that is a different matter, I was always curious if Thørir took Xœier's since my ancestors always spoke of our people's close relationship with her but we don't have any items of hers." Zaya spoke with idle curiosity as she smiled to Aelin warmly as it seemed that the fellow Lupo was willing to join her on the hunt at last.

"Excellent. The forest holds a few interesting secrets and if the visions held true, there shall be something that interests you. Something besides food that is." Zaya stated, raising to her feet and holding her spear in her left hand. Leading the way out, "you will want your bow, and a sword." Zaya stated, she spoke with no authority but mysticism that held wisdom well beyond the years she had actually aged. Looking back at Aelin, "I am sorry if I come across as either distant or overfriendly with you. Visions and the emotions they can hold, it means that while in some future we are good friends, currently we are not, therefore I have memories of being friends with you yet you are also a stranger. It is a dynamic that can make it hard to bond or befriend others. Even with my siblings, I am the one who is weakest connections and bonds, we love each other deeply, but they find it hard to connect with me." Being a seer, sometimes it felt like a lonely curse.

Closing her eyes, she stepped outside the building and inhaled the fresh air. Damper, more humid than the desert, it felt thicker and colder too. It wasn't as welcoming or as pleasant as the desert air but that was due to the desert being her home. "So, you can talk to me about anything Aelin, I am... I am here to help and we have time to chat before we reach the destination in the woods." Zaya stated as she kept a firm grip on her spear. "I only see glimpses of a person, so while I know more than a mere stranger, there is much of you I don't know."

black-wallpaper-45.jpg.png

Aelindivider2_1.png

borders-png-22949_1_3.png

Outfit | XoXo

"They were given to him by the Gods." Aelin defended of Thorir, startled by the implication that her ancestor might be anything less than honorable and going on to repeat the story that'd been passed down through the generations - the only story she knew, the one her elder sister had told her. "They blessed him with their gifts because of how he united the Lupo people, because of the peace he brought forth for all of them... but you are right about one thing. The stones don't prove my worth of anything." There was more than one reason why she didn't tell the others of her lineage, beyond fear of death. Aelin didn't want the name of a dead man and some jewels to be the reason anyone followed her. She wanted them to follow her, because they believed in her. Because she had proven that she was someone worth believing in. Not because she was the great-whatever granddaughter of some famous Lupo that none of them had ever met.

After a few minutes of preparation and light conversation, Aelin was ready to go, following at Zaya's side at a steady pace. Her firey eyes flickered over to the bronzed beauty as she explained to Aelin the dynamics of her relationships with those in her family, and her inability to connect with others. "I am told that the future is never certain and always in motion, so I don't see why I'd let that stop me from befriending you... at least that is me, personally." she stated plainly. "Though, I'm sure it's not easy for everyone to accept. There is a good deal of suspicion among our Lupo brethren when it comes to such things."

Her hands pressed into the great oak and iron doors as they left the comforts of the finished Gathering Hall, swinging outward to the grouping of prefabbed homes that'd been erected to shelter the Lupo before the coming winter hit them. As they moved through the camp, they fell into step together, and she could not help but notice how natural it felt. "I suppose..." she started, meditating on Zaya's question of whether or not she had anything to inquire of her. "I suppose I'd like to know why you came here? Why seek me out, specifically?"

Aelindivider_1.png

Zaya tilted her head, Aelin defended Thørir's honour but Zaya didn't even realise anything she had said had been dishonouring the ancestor of the woman before her, she felt they were saying the same thing, he took the god gems as a gift from the gods. At least that was how most knew the story but it was a story that Thørir spread. "But it wasn't a gift from every god, do you not find that curious Aelin? If the story was true the way you say it, would you not hold a stone representing every god not just a selection? Could the truth be something else? Something between a gift and an item he found or took from them?" Zaya was curious how Aelin would feel about that idea, "your authority is not mere lineage Aelin, you have brought many together and you have worked hard to create positive, strong bonds with every Lupo you have met. It is why so many find themselves attracted to you, why you must be careful with how the truth comes forth." Zaya cautioned since there were a few faces that flashed her mind of not taking Aelin's truths well.

Shaking her head, "those who speak of the future never being certain. They do not see as I do. While I am never seeing much, I can misinterpret or mistime predictions, I have never failed to see the future not come true as I have seen it. There, there is a place that my mind travels to through the Gift to see the events." Zaya sighed, her understanding was never exact and it was never easy to explain to those who understood so much but also knew so little, "I just... what I have seen has never been false. I have been wrong, but there is so much I do not understand." Zaya explained as she walked confidently forward. "I appreciate your openness to being friends though. That means so much, being a seer is lonely till an Alpha mate is chosen." Zaya stated, "the most suspicion I have seen is coming here, back in the desert regions I am from seers are more common than Draoidae and good, strong seers are valued more than them. My abilities are the strongest in several generations, which can be a double edge sword in life." Zaya sighed.

Leading the way through the woods, Zaya was letting Aelin's questions linger for a moment as she thought on them. She stopped briefly on a game trail and closed her eyes before opening them and her irises turned a brilliant gold with flecks of shining white like stars flickering in a golden galaxy. Visions washed over her as she saw path and path, fights, blood, poison vats, destruction, howls of victory and kinship? Snapping hard back to reality, Zaya stumbled momentarily as she found herself back in the present surroundings and not lost in the tsunami of visions. "I..." Zaya searching for the words slowly, "why did I come here? I came here to guide you, there is something you seek, a weapon of the Fayth's. Our path will lead to the destruction of some of it."

"Why did I seek you out specifically? Because you are to be my closest friend, and this is to be the mission that bonds us. If I did not pick you then that could not happen and we will not be the Lupo we will need to be for when the war comes." Zaya says before falling silent once again and her irises returning to their natural darker colours, groaning in pain, Zaya rubs her forehead. "Owwww, kark, that hurts. That was a big vision though." Zaya grumbled as she leaned heavily on her spear to recover from the throbbing migraine that washed over her. Fading to a memory, she slowly blinked back at Aelin, "visions can happen more frequently, more intensely around others, so I sometimes push others away to avoid that I guess. It has been awhile since something like this has happened. I did see a vat though, of some liquid and I know that is important to you..." Zaya trailed off, curious to what Aelin's reaction might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom