Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Beachfront Healing -- SJO Dominion of Kattada Hex

Objective 1
Tarish Galland | Karra Tor Karra Tor | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa | Nida Perl Nida Perl

Amani smiled weakly as Tarish assured he would be alright. She didn’t want to hear an apology, because in her mind, she was the only one at fault. Not listening to his or Barrien’s orders, getting herself hurt in the process, and more importantly getting others hurt because of it. All she wanted to do was help people, and it only made things worse.

As Ura showed up, Amani gave a brief wave and smiled again, somewhat surprised to see someone else walk in but happy nonetheless that it was her, “Hey, doing alright?”. Ura was the first person to meet Amani when she woke up, and it was nice to see her care for the others the same way. She just wished the Lervon wasn't so hard on herself. Karra admitted to the dourness of the situation and Amani stared downcast, defeated but glad that Karra was able to be straightforward with her. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She still didn’t feel any more deserving of the compliment. The padawan looked at her missing arm again, a phantom sensation tingling that made her flinch. Amani gasped quietly and grabbed her sleeve, glancing over at Tarish briefly as Karra turned her attention to Ura. It was her fault. “...Sorry.” It was about all she could muster. But she wanted, needed, to apologize.

As quick as the man came so to did he leave. Damian shrugged it off as he looked at Kyra giving her a reassuring smile. She held back the tears. Damian was proud.

With the force he reached out and touched her arm. He wasn’t the best at healing but he’d managed in times to work what others might consider miracles. For now he was only making her a little more comfortable easing pain.

Letting out a breath he stared at his charge, maintaining his smile. He’d been well learned at keeping his own emotions in check around the girl, shielding himself from her empathic abilities, or rather from his own feelings reflecting to her. Damian was concerned about her arm, and the possibility of there being damage done that wasn’t yet readily apparent. Nerve damage, or perhaps other complications. It was all too much for him to worry about.

He could hear the fish sizzling underneath the foil and sat down next to Kyra sipping at his drink. Reaching over to the music box he turned the dial up a little letting the smooth cabana music play.

“I know you’re probably tired of hearing it asked, but how’s your arm?”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau Amani Serys Amani Serys Tarish Galland Karra Tor Karra Tor Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Ura looked at Tarish, trying her best to hide the pain with a more happy feeling. She was glad to see that he was ok, and the light hearted question was honest helpful. "No, you weren't too heavy. Of course it helps that I could kinda shift around you." While her voice was monotone, the Force around her conveyed a happiness and calm that she hoped blocked out everything else. Amani then asked if her friend was ok, which got an eye close from the Lervon. "I... I'm ok.... Just... wanted to see how everyone fared. How's your ar.... your shoulder?" She still couldn't shake the feeling that she could've done more, maybe even keep Amani from losing her arm. She knew she couldn't have done anything, but it was still hard. But then something happened.

Ura was expecting a lot of thing. She'd prepared herself to see injuries she hadn't before. What she wasn't prepared for was one of the apparent doctors to quickly start asking her questions. She jumped a little, her injuries, the lost fingers and craters in her torso, showing for a moment before the Padawan got herself under control. She sat down, but wasn't sure how to react to the questions. How did you describe this to an organic?

"I... uh.... It doesn't.... It still hurts but I don't know how to explain it."

Tarish Galland

T
Objective 1
Amani Serys Amani Serys | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Karra Tor Karra Tor | Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Tarish smirked at Ura's response, at least until it was pointed out that she too was hurt. The general feeling in the room was sadness, a long reaching kind that everyone felt it seemed. Even half dead and on medicine he could almost taste the feelings with his senses.

Eyes moved back and forth between the pair, wishing for a brief moment he could go back to their age and try again. Focus on feeling like it was his purpose to shoulder the burden of the galaxy while learning what made you...well, you. He was older, a higher rank. His job was a mixed bag of babysitter and teacher. He had earned plenty of hard lessons in his time. None nearly so hard as this, but this was another step towards becoming better. He had to remind himself of that always.

"Hey." His voice rasped sharply to both of them. A heavy sigh puntuacted the call to attention. "Neither of you, did wrong. You did your, best. Anything beyond that. And you, would be the. One laying here. Take some peace, in knowing. You helped save, people." His voice rasped, but it was softer this time.

His free hand moved, taking a sip of water before he pointed to Amani. "You lost, an arm. Took, a beating. But. You are walking. You are, talking. You are, breathing. Someone else, will go through, the same. Not the same, place. Or enemy. But they will, hurt. Pave the way. Forgive, yourself. Both of ya. You are, learning. It takes time. And a few hard lumps. Trust me." He took another drink, pausing as his breathing became harsher before continuing to drink. Cup empty, he nodded to Amani.

"I appreciate, that you are, sorry. Both of you. Don't take this, as a fail-ure, though. It's a, lesson." He held the cup out to Amani after trying to take another drink. "Could I, have some more, please?"

HwcMsHn.gif

Karra could already feel the pain she was in, even though it was hidden behind the veil of peace and happiness she was projecting - she wasn't the first Jedi to try that, after all. She knew the feeling all too well herself which made it even easier to pick up on. When she finally relented, even for that split moment, she wasn't surprised or even horrified, all she felt was a great well of sadness roll up in her chest. She tried to take a mental note of every single injury that she could see before it vanished, she could only hope she got them all beforehand. It presented a problem though; medical science and Force Heal worked on a wide array of species, but Lervons reacted differently, sometimes not at all, despite being naturally force sensitive by design. All she could do right now was try to dull the pain, and it frustrated her that she could do no more for the moment.
"Thank you, I know that must have been difficult," She said with a soft smile, looking over at her friends as they talked as well.

Mr Galland could have rallied half the people in this room if they could hear him, in her opinion. She was listening while she examined Ura, but it was only when he finished that she felt the need to chime in. She thought about doing the whole 'will of the force' speech, but that only ever felt self righteous and condescending to her.
"I'm sorry that you lost your arm, it's like losing a part of yourself...you think you might never feel whole again, even if it's replaced...but he is right, none of you failed. Like I said, you all saved a lot of lives out there, these are all people that get to go home to their families and lives, go to the beach, sleep in on off days, eat junk food! All because of what you did. Not all of them will, it's true, but the force blooms all around us, every life is a myriad of possibilities that ripple out across the Galaxy. You might not see it, but the good you've done, even if you don't think it was enough, will impact creation in ways we will never be able to understand...if that's any solace, anyway, I kinda just rambled on at that last part."

Turning back to Ura, Karra stood up and let out a deep breath, closing her eyes as she moved around to the back of Ura. "I'm gonna try to dull the pain until I find a way to treat you, but I need you to open yourself to me Ura. Don't worry, I won't peek anywhere," She said before her face went almost completely blank. The Force called to her, and she answered, taking it's invisible hand and letting it guide her hands. Lervon may have different physiology, but they still feel pain, still have brains, so if she couldn't treat her medically, then she could at least dull the part of her brain that recognized pain. It wouldn't take it away, but it would at least make it more bearable. Her palms cupped around Ura's temples as Karra's mind gently prodded and felt around her patient's, getting to know it, becoming one with it. She didn't look anywhere that didn't hold what she was looking for, a few flashes of memories here and imagination there, but nothing coherent. When she finally found something resembling her pain receptors, she began to gently and deftly soothe and dull them, a kind of Force Massage. It would act similar to Bacta, with drowsiness and a bit of dizziness as a side effect, but nothing she couldn't handle. Anything stronger would take away her sense of touch entirely, and she did not want to do that at all. "You might feel a little sleepy, that's ok, that's just me dulling your pain receptors, it's a temporary measure, but it should help..."

Tarish Galland Amani Serys Amani Serys Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Objective 2
Locatin: Hut

Objective 2
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl l Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser

Kid was like a broken radio- sending signals, but nobody could understand her. He looked out to the ocean, then the pair of them. Tulan wouldn't be able to help her. He wasn't a Jedi. He'd never understand.

She didn't need him around. She needed serenity, the water, the sand, the beach, little sugar cubes in her water.

Other Jedi.

That stuff, she called it. That stuff never left Tulan. It lingered around him, like a heavy fog. Jedi could feel it. The evil that he did in the pursuit of good, the pursuit of what he thought was right. He was an anomaly, a bastardization of good and evil. An arguably evil man, who did good for the right people in the wrong way. Slitting throats, beatings, the things that he did to keep the boogeyman away were gruesome and horrible to most.

But to him, it was necessary, and absolute and just.

He didn't say anything in particular- just turned and toked on his cigar, walking away from the pair of Jedi. They would be fine without him- his advice was falling on deaf, troubled ears anyways. It wasn't sadness that lingered in Tulan, just an understanding that he didn't belong. Acceptance.

He walked alone on the beach, leaving the two to their devices.

The oak-wood smell of his cigar lingered near her tent, before fading away with the few bursts of wind as he left the two.
As quick as the man came so to did he leave. Damian shrugged it off as he looked at Kyra giving her a reassuring smile. She held back the tears. Damian was proud.

With the force he reached out and touched her arm. He wasn’t the best at healing but he’d managed in times to work what others might consider miracles. For now he was only making her a little more comfortable easing pain.

Letting out a breath he stared at his charge, maintaining his smile. He’d been well learned at keeping his own emotions in check around the girl, shielding himself from her empathic abilities, or rather from his own feelings reflecting to her. Damian was concerned about her arm, and the possibility of there being damage done that wasn’t yet readily apparent. Nerve damage, or perhaps other complications. It was all too much for him to worry about.

He could hear the fish sizzling underneath the foil and sat down next to Kyra sipping at his drink. Reaching over to the music box he turned the dial up a little letting the smooth cabana music play.

“I know you’re probably tired of hearing it asked, but how’s your arm?”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra watched Tulan Kor Tulan Kor go, a cold feeling to her gut as he left to walk the beach alone.

"..."

"--your arm?" Damian's question floated over to her, distracting her from the thickness of her thoughts. She gave a half hearted shrug, a line of tension smoothing out of her forehead as he wordlessly sought to sooth her pain through the force. The medicine could only do so much when Kyra was unwilling to deal with heavy side affects.

A lot of her suffering was self appointed, the girl choosing the hard route over the easy medical alternatives. It would be a series of surgeries and healing sessions until progress could be marked. Not to mention the pain.

Oh, there would be that too.

But she wouldn't utter a word about it. It wasn't as if she had lost a whole eye. She had made her choice. Her sister had been given none. There were those a lot more worse off after the battle of Yurb. She could feel the faint echo of their experiences from the medical tent across the beach. Her lips pressed to a thin line, a forced smile pushed through as she looked up to Damian at her shoulder.

"I'm fine."

She sipped at the water, the easy music spilling out between them as her uncle left to sit across from her. Today, she let the conversation fall stagnant, her attention slowly drifting over the things he had set out. A pang hit her chest, the level of attentiveness he keep sliding towards reminding of her their blood connection. A discovery he did not yet know.

"...I really am fine," she told him again, trying to shrug off his lingering gaze.

The fact that Celeste stuck with Coren Starchaser for this long was a sign of her enduring patience, and the fact that Coren hadn’t run off on some next grand adventure that had him leaving for extended times without her meant he truly cared, and she was the one who helped balance him out. The Jedi Masters were two very different people, but they reflected what the other needed without restricting what they already had. Coren looked at her as she started speaking.

“I know.” He said, not in an affronted tone, but in an apologetic tone. He had left a note and hadn’t traveled alone, but the feeling of fear and pain that were arriving from Kaia and Kyra in the Force, he couldn’t have sat down…” He was getting defensive, he didn’t need to. “I know, Cel. I don’t want to fight, but I was … Kyra..” He shrugged.

“I want to be here for the family, and for all the Jedi. Its why I … its why we needed that break from the galaxy. Here though? Now? I want to help the Jedi, however I can. If its fighting, I’ll be there to bolster those doing the fighting, and if its by teaching? I’ll do that as well. I want the Jedi to know I’m more than just a warrior.”

Even if he spent years perfecting that vision of himself for everyone else.

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel

Objective 1
Tarish Galland | Karra Tor Karra Tor | Ura Iolar Ura Iolar | Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa | Nida Perl Nida Perl

“That’s good to hear.” Amani shrugged at Ura. “It’s… fine, thank you.” The slip-up didn’t go unnoticed. She tried not to let it bother her. She didn’t want it to. It only got harder when the reassurances came.

Both Tarish and Karra’s words meant a lot to hear. They were genuine, and true, for the most part, even if she didn’t necessarily believe it entirely. Amani looked down and covered her eyes with her palm, trying so very hard not to cry, to no avail. Silent tears streamed freely down her cheeks, both in sadness and in relief. Every reminder of what she lost made her that much more frustrated, and more conflicted. She didn’t want pity. There were others who needed it more. Thankfully they offered more than that. Being told that her sacrifice was worth something created a glint of hope in the girl’s spirits. Even if it took a few pushes for her to understand that.

She absorbed every word they spoke, finally peeking up with red, puffy eyes when Tarish asked for more water. “...Okay.” she muttered in a raspy voice, standing up and grabbing the cup with the Force. She could have stayed in her seat, but she needed the excuse to get away for a moment. A quick refill of water later, she sat back down, levitating the cup back over to him. It seemed the advice got through to her, at least a little bit. Amani sniffled, speaking up again, “Thanks.”

Objective 3: Smugglers
Tags: Ripple Zef Halo Zef Halo Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser

"Acknowledged, Kaia. Three minutes out."

Not Audren's voice, but rather that of the Ranger lieutenant leading the contingent. With a shrill whistle and a wave of his hand the Duros pulled the attention of everyone in this transport to him. No doubt the same thing was happening with the others involved in the operation.

"Listen up! There aren't many good debarkation points so we'll be touching down in a speeder lot about a block away from the target building. Move fast, if they're watching they'll see us coming. Shoot if you're in danger, weapons on stun unless you hear command staff order otherwise. Breach the doors, toss in a flash-bang, then the Jedi go in first to block the shots coming at us. Overwatch is outside. Any questions?"

"Roof entrance?"

That time it was the Sephi's voice. The lieutenant shook his head even as he tapped the transport's inner hull with a closed fist.

"These things are too loud, it'll just alert them. Anything else?"

There wasn't, or at least nobody spoke up. The officer nodded in approval and made another motion, allowing the side doors to open up even as the ship descended. He and another Jedi - one he didn't know - took the initiative and dropped out of the ship a few meters above the normal exit levels, cushioning their fall with the Force and verifying the location was clear. Once the others began joining them on the ground the entire group began moving towards the target. This was their most vulnerable point; if the smugglers were indeed watching and saw the assault teams, they could open fire and deal damage, maybe even pin down the teams for a bit. Kaia's overwatch position could be useful when it came to responding and supressing.

Fortunately, having a warehouse in a residential district meant standing out, so this was more of a business area. A nicer one to be sure, with significant amounts of plant life instead of pure angular permacrete. Loud noises - especially those of vessels suited to carrying bulk goods - should be more or less expected and ignored. Since they'd come down a block away and had a line of buildings between the transports and the target to muffle the noise, Audren was hopeful that their arrival would be overlooked. Hopeful, but not relient on it: his unlit lightsaber hilt was kept in hand as he moved in pace with the assault team.

His girl wasn’t fine, or perhaps she was, but changed nonetheless. Still assuming people had problems and treating them like they had problems only made things worse by Damians estimation. When he was sick, which didn’t happen often, he hated when people treated him like he was sick, the same principal applied.

“So,” Damian said listening to the crackling of the grill.Taking a nearby pokey implement he pushed and prodded the packages in turn flipping them on the grill letting the heat get to both sides in order to help everything cook evenly.

Staring he started to open his mouth to talk, but stopped. That wasn’t like him. None of this was, and if he didn’t shape up soon it wouldn’t take an empath to figure out he was worried. Hell it was probably obvious anyways, who wouldn’t be worried? Still better not to act that way lest it ass to Kyra apprehensions.

“So. Boys?” he said with a quirked eyebrow. “Any interested? Are you interested?” he poked at her cheek with an extended finger and a grin on his face. “Or would you rather talk about something less embarrassing? Your studies perhaps?”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Amani Serys Amani Serys Karra Tor Karra Tor Tarish Galland

Ura felt a little bad for her slip up, but she just wasn't use to seeing Amani without an arm yet. "Sorry...." The Lervonian Padawan closed her eyes a little, but she was soon caught up in the words of Karra and Tarish. They both hit the same crystal really. Ura and Amani were both alive, and had saved lives. The injured Knight said they needed to forgive themselves, and Karra mentioned that they may never really know how much they'd really done. It helped the Lervon feel a little better, to know that she did still help, but she did look down a little. "Th... thank you. Both of you...." She almost wanted to mention how she couldn't get a Force Barrier up, but she didn't want to think about it. They were right.

It was after this that Karra began to focus on peering into Ura's mind. The Lervon wasn't necessarily hard to enter the mind of though, partially thanks to her being what she was. As the Padawan sat there though, she did begin to feel tired as the pain dulled. The glow of her eyes drooped a little, and her form would seem to lose some its detail. "That... feels better. I didn't think Force techniques could help Lervon."

Objective: One (Recover from fight.)

Wearing: Jedi Robes (Silver Armorweave)

Equipped with: De Lifte Crystal

Armed with: The Sword of Cinndurr

Crime Hunter's Pistol

Moya's Wrist Launcher (Sonic Bolt Loadout)

Atrisia had been bad. Worse than bad. People dying around her, her ordering people to their deaths just for a chance to slow down the enemy.

But Yurb had been a special hell all its own.

As bad as the Sith were, as much as Laertia detested them and killed them nearly every chance she got, even she knew they didn't want to kill everybody they conquered. There was a method to their madness, as sickening as the method was.

Wirh the Bryn'adul...

Laertia had never let it become personal with soldiers. Even Stormtroopers had a fifty/fifty shot of surviving an encounter. But not the Bryn. Laertia had carved through them like a scythe cutting wheat. She'd let up when they did: The Bryn played for keeps. So did she.

She remembered being carried away in a stretcher after leaving Yurb on her ship. She had been surrounded by so many defending Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser at the end that her world had become nothing but lightsabers, cheesy action horror, and copious amounts of dismemberment. She hadn't stopped until the only reason she was still standing was that freakishly strong armor House Li-Ves had given her. She hadn't taken it off for 007 hours after leaving Yurb, so broken her body was that the shock of being removed from it might have killed her. Then she had gone directly into the Bacta Tank.

Laertia had dreamt. Dreamt of a meadow where she played with her rabbits. Dreamt of a world where there were no need for lightsabers. It didn't last. Cold hard reality would intrude, draining her tank and causing the woman to wake up, weak in the knees from such a long time being suspended in liquid.

Laertia blinked her one working eye and flexed her organic right arm, the only one she had currently. Her cybernetic left eye and arm having been removed during the immersion process. The tombstone skinned, raven haired Jedi scanned the chamber she was in, the vision in her gray eye still blurry.

A Medical droid walked in on the undergarment clad Jedi.

"Ah Master Jedi! You are awake!" The silvery droid spoke. "I sent for your Android Assistant as soon as we got ahold of your contact list. She should be here in an hour or so."

"Wherrz exxactleez iz heer?" She asked.

"You are on Kattada. It's a close to commenor. You are actually at a med-center located close to our beaches."

"Myy stuffz?" Laertia asked, cringing in embarrassment from her own speech impediment.

"Your ship is in a secure hangar about two blocks from here. As a precaution we left the weaponry you came in with in the Contraband room."

"Myy prossthetikz?"

"Being processed and sterilized currently. No one but this unit has handled them."

Laertia grabbed a towel. "Letz seez..."

She was escorted out after having dried the bacta off. She winced as she saw plenty of horrifically wounded soldiers and Jedi in their own tents. Laertia was fortunate to have had the Morpheus Chitin...not everyone had been so lucky to obtain such protection.

She stopped at one bacta tank. He was a boy. Barely fifteen. Half his face was destroyed and his legs were missing.

How many have I sent home to their family in such a condition? the Knight wondered. How many did I never allow to return home at all?

"He's a padawan who was injured helping a family escape from Yurb." The Droid offered. "His prognosis isn't good...the damage to his brain is extensive. Even the healers said they cannot do anything."

Laertia blinked at this, refusing to cry. She nodded and headed to the room her prosthetics were being cleaned in. They needed another hour--they had been damaged in combat and were due to be repaired. Laertia in the meantime decided to get dressed, heading to the locker, finding a silvery armorweave Jedi Tunic left by her equipment, a repeating Symbol of Ashla on the torso. Her Power Armor, the somber, knightly looking Morpheus Chitin had multiple dents and scratches, but nothing that could not be easily repaired. She'd arrange for it getting moved to the ship later. It was too bulky to wear here, and seeing her in it caused fear in others.

But she saw her weapons. The ornate Mandalorian Pistol and...

...The Sword of Cinndurr.

It had scorched the table it was placed on, displeased with being kept seperate from its master. The leather wrapped hilt with scorched black emitters vibrated as she approached, seemingly in anticipation of being grasped.

She didn't like using it. Ever since turning it on for the first time at Atrisia she had feared the Saber for its sheer power and the arcane source from whence it came.

It was a demanding weapon--even Laertia's formidable strength had trouble fully controlling its gyroscopic effect to swing it properly. But its ability to cut through lightsaber resistant materials was savage: It went through a solid rod of pure beskar in four swings, and blades would often melt in under a minute of sustained contact.

The Sword's only purpose was to destroy. Though Laertia accepted she had made it this way intentionally, recreating the crystal's ancient housing to do so, it was also the reason she did not fully trust it: Tales did not abound of people getting destroyed by their own creations for nothing.

She spotted something that should not have been there. A black and green gem with the light twisted around it. Moya De Lifte's crystal. She knew who had left it. Themis. Themis had been by here. Had she seen this moment, in her twisted visions? Her wrist launcher was also there, with a fresh pack of sonic warhead tipped bolts.

Laertia felt a growing pain in her skull, knew a migraine was coming and grasped the crystal, feeling the pain deaden to a tolerable level and restrict her Force Connection slightly in compensation.

"Tellz mee whennz duh prossthetiks arr redeez..." she told the droid after changing into her robes and claiming her weapons, giving him her contact frequency, leaving the med center to wander the streets.

Celeste's eyes softened when Coren mentioned Kyra. She'd had a feeling. The healer would not interfere with his relationship with the girl. In fact, she encouraged him to be there for her. There was little she could say, so she nodded, “I know.”

She gave a little sigh, gave him a look, and gave his hand a squeeze.

No matter what, she'd be there for him—for their growing family, too. If he needed to be the sword of the Jedi, she'd be his shield. She'd be there to keep him grounded, and to keep him from going... too crazy (force help her) with all the battles.

“I'm sorry for being cranky lately,” she finally said. “Sleep deprivation—you know. Just... just wake me up at least next time you need to leave like that.”

Celeste nudged him in the side to puncuate her point.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

His girl wasn’t fine, or perhaps she was, but changed nonetheless. Still assuming people had problems and treating them like they had problems only made things worse by Damians estimation. When he was sick, which didn’t happen often, he hated when people treated him like he was sick, the same principal applied.

“So,” Damian said listening to the crackling of the grill.Taking a nearby pokey implement he pushed and prodded the packages in turn flipping them on the grill letting the heat get to both sides in order to help everything cook evenly.

Staring he started to open his mouth to talk, but stopped. That wasn’t like him. None of this was, and if he didn’t shape up soon it wouldn’t take an empath to figure out he was worried. Hell it was probably obvious anyways, who wouldn’t be worried? Still better not to act that way lest it ass to Kyra apprehensions.

“So. Boys?” he said with a quirked eyebrow. “Any interested? Are you interested?” he poked at her cheek with an extended finger and a grin on his face. “Or would you rather talk about something less embarrassing? Your studies perhaps?”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra's nose crinkled, her distaste a sharp contrast to his amusement. "Ew. No. I don't do boys. Just look at Nida-- she did one and she's lost an eye. " There was no correlation between Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield and Nida's loss of eye. Kyra left Damian to think otherwise, the girl puffing up her cheek in protest to his playful pokes.

She forced the air back out in a long huff, her expression falling as a thought reached her.

"Oh, they are so gonna kick me out now..." The words were soft, almost humorous in the melodic way they fell from her lips. What good was a jedi that couldn't even lift a saber? And that had been all she was good at. Oh Caedyn Arenais was so gonna ditch her now. She groaned, numb defeat tingling its way to her finger tips as she smushed her good hand into her face.

"...Youthinkyoucanhidemeinyoursuitcase?"

Surely her failing marks Commenor political history wouldn't be noticed then.

I mean who even needs that stuff anyway.

Surely not the people only meant advise the leaders of the-....oh.

Last edited:
Laertia wandered the streets of Kattada at first, her empty left eye socket kept closed, the empty left sleeve flapping in the wind of the nearby sea breeze. The Sword of Cinndurr dangled from her belt, yet she felt weighed down by the pull of its ancient power.

Yet again she debated destroying it. The Eternal Flames within its saber crystal scared Laertia. They felt too familiar somehow. They...

...they felt like Syd's...

this was, needless to say, a deeply disturbing and sudden revelation for her to have as she headed past the boardwalk to the beach, everyone giving her a wide berth. She didn't look like the other Jedi they had seen by already. Her one-eyed gaze was too shifty. Her body language to anticipatory of a sudden attack. Her stony, deadpan expression did not betray inner peace but a near numbness to the horror. It could pass for inner peace in a very cynical and twisted way, for she had only ever known violence and killing to survive, and it was thus not abnormal to her. She had trained herself to accept all manner of horror.

The sea breeze calmed an agitated spirit as she wandered the beach, walking past ordinary people and not fully comprehending what it was like to be normal. She saw their happy, frolicking faces, enjoying the beach and the surf, and knew she would never be able to wander a place like this in the daytime without weapons as they could. Nobody wanted them dead. Not yet anyway.

Panic gripped her as she thought of Yurb. What the Bryn'adul did there, they would do here, in a heartbeat. Less than that.

She saw other Jedi. She avoided them, her erratic Force Presence would only prove disruptive. She was still wrestling with the fact Themis had altered her at birth. It had resulted in the Jedi equivalent of a Super-Soldier. Naturally inclined to accept pain and hardship. Think more coldly and rationally, and with better problem solving intelligence. Superior Stamina. Faster learning and retention. Fear response medically registered by Moya to be 007 times lower than normal. Higher than normal pain tolerance.

All it had cost her was a brain that didn't heal easily and a humiliating, life long speech impediment. Thanks, Darth Themis.

Laertia spotted what looked like the remains of an old, collapsed bungalow at a remote part of the beech past palm trees, half the roof caved in. It looked more inviting to her than the bright sun and the playing civilians. Somewhere quiet. Somewhere she could think. Sleep if she had to sleep.

Laertia teleported close to the decayed shack, spotted a half rotted, partly caved in interior, beach sunlight filtering in from the roof and through dust particles. The Tombstone skinned Jedi crept in and curled into a fetal position after removing the Sword and placing it on a durasteel table. She rocked back and forth listening to the waves. She wished she had Cortosis, her pet rabbit with her.

She was comfortable, but she dare not drift off to sleep. Nar Shaddaa's streets taught her this much.

After an hour of this, Laertia began to feel the pulse of magic from the crystal, and it disrupted her attempts to find relaxation in the sound of lapping waves.

She sat up, eyes sliding to the Sword of Cinndurr.

Hesitantly reaching out to grasp the arcane lightsaber, Laertia opened its crystal housing, gazing upon The Pearl of The Flame Matriarch.

It was like a cat's eye made of flame, a void of black at the center hiding endless heat.

She felt her eyes drawn to that sliver of black within the crystal...

Laertia felt herself falling out of her body and into that blackness...

She found herself in a land of flames, surrounded by a void of black. She thought she was in hell at first but realized all of her worst nightmares should be happening, and as a wise individual had once illuminated for her: "Hell is just a word. The reality is so very much worse."

This wasn't hell. A realm of living inferno, but not hell.

The inferno had taken the shape of an ancient Atrisian Castle and lakes and plains and trees. A path of pure flame leading straight to the castle beckoned.

She looked down at herself, realized she was in a pitch black formal kimono with the Jedi Order's tiny sigil repeating endlessly in the fabric, her hair done in a long ponytail.

She had a left arm but it was not normal, or even cybernetic. It was slender, black and glossy like Obsidian, with overlong fingers ending in pointy nails.

"Laertia..." whispered a familiar voice from within the center of the Flame Castle.

"Walk to me, my dear sweet Laertia..."

He didn’t know if he was doing any of this right, that was the problem. What he understood was that he was trying his best. Between Celeste and the Twins and Kaia and Jared and Atticus, he had a lot on his plate. Now he also had a Perl that was actually his, not one he did his best to defend, like Yula and Nida. Coren had the makings of a solid Jedi if he could just swallow the bits of pride that were out there. Feeling her hand squeeze his did make him smile, though. It was a good feeling.

“You’re not cranky. Its… yeah we have the girls. And I’m not the easiest husband to have.” Laughing, he shook his head, stopping and pulled her in for a kiss. “I will, and trust me, you’ll always know that I’ve got you with me.” Grabbing her hand, he placed his fingers on the wedding band. With their marriage it linked them in the Force. But the ring helped focus that when they were farther apart.

“Everything will be fine going ahead. I’m not here looking for wars. I’m here to help the Jedi survive them.”

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel

Last edited:
Objective 2: Intense Sadness
Beachfront

Far from everyone, far from everything, and far from himself, Tulan sat on the beach, a piece of driftwood being his sole protection from the sand beneath his feet. As usual, he was armed- and set the pistol down on the driftwood beside him. It was never a thing for him to be totally unarmed or incapable of defending himself. Call it paranoia, call it experience, call it whatever you wanted it to.

Call it whatever, but in reality, he was a realist. He was never safe, never free.

He had a lot going on.

But he also had a lot.

But one thing in particular- a number.

A number by a pink-skinned, short-haired, woman he had yet to call back. His thumbs ran over the parchment in his hand, neatly kept in his pocket since she gave it to him. Of all the things Tulan did, of all the things he killed and people he cut to pieces, the idea of calling her was just as scary as anything else he ever did.

Melia Siari's number lay on his right hand, his left holding a communicator.

Maybe he'd call, maybe she'd pick up. His thumb hung over the final number, blinking rapidly, debating on whether or not to call it, to press that final number.

Fear be damned.

Thumb pressed into the final digit, determined to at least call. If she didn't pick up, she was busy, or just didn't want to. But at least- at least he called, right?

With a flat look Damian raised his hands up with open palms. Staring at Kyra he began to move his hands around opening his arms and flipping them over taking the girls measurements. “No,” he said… looking at her and cocking his head. A smile crept over his face, “You’ve gotten too large to fit in my suitcase. Besides I only brought a duffel bag.”

Taking a set of tongs he grabbed one of the packages of fish and placed it on a nearby plate.He punched a small hole in the top and ripped the foil open revealing the cooked meal. Steam rose up out of the foil into the air allowing the scent of the meal to infect the air around them.

“Besides you don’t need to hide,” Without even thinking Damian reached across the table and cut a portion of the fish and veggies into manageable chunks. “Also maybe ask someone to help you with your studies, make it a group activity, it helps to train and learn with a friend.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

The Castle of Living Flame beckoned as Laertia approached, battling her fear. There was no wind. She felt the eternal heat but no pain and did not burn nor sweat nor tire in it. The flames licked at her Kimono covered frame. The Knight grimaced as she hesitantly entered the castle past burning doors of pure etherial flame.

To her surprise she saw fiery constructs of maids hurrying to her carrying flame constructs of tea sets.

"Does the mistress desire refreshments?" The maidens of fire asked."

"What beverage could one possibly imbibe in such an inferno?" Laertia asked out loud in pure apprehension before cupping her mouth in shock, realizing she was speeking normally.

This place was utterly unnatural, the Knight realized, fear creeping ever colder up her spine. Even the best healers could not fix her speech impediment. No one could fix it. It was hard wired into her brain to have that speech impediment thanks to Themis. This place obeyed no law except its own.

She wanted to escape but knew that would not happen unless she confronted whatever was at the center of this realm.

"The Beverage is Power, Mistress."

"No true Jedi craves such subjective sustenance." Laertia replied quietly and coldly. "Who are you? What Entity claims Lordship of this realm and its workings?"

"We are but fragments. Fragments of the people our mistress was bonded to. Our mistress is the largest fragment of all." the female-looking construct answered.

"This 'Mistress'...she seems to be expecting me. Who is she?"

"Why the Lady Cidd Cinndurr, Of course."

Laertia had had time to study the name ever since receiving the Pearl of The Flame Matriarch.

"The name of a Exile who swam in waters too arcane for most Jedi to try and risk navigating without becoming a monster at the end of it. Her death was tragic, but not unexpected, even when taking her attempted heroism into consideration." Laertia replied. "Some fragment of this Heretic sustains itself here? Has it taken issue with my possesion of her bauble?"

The construct shook her head. "Oh no! Far from it, Mistress Io. If anything, the Lady Cinndurr is overjoyed you at last own the blade. It was always meant to be yours. A piece of her heart, helping you cut your way through legions of foes equipped with the best protection money can buy."

Vicious dread was strangled by years of discipline. It was bad enough two homicidal witches (Darth Themis and The Amalgam) wanted to have a say in her destiny, and that wasn't even fething covering the issue of whatever Syd was to Laertia.

Wait a minute...

No...

Syd...Cidd...

Laertia was fighting away the clutches of fear and paranoia.

"This place is a place of Power. A well of strength to draw from. We are only offering you a small sample. Won't you try some?" The Maids offered.

Laertia recoiled from the living constructs.

"No. Escort me to this Fragment...or tell me how I might exfiltrate from this glimmering, burning, unholy fascimile of mortal lands."

"Unholy? Lady Cinndurr is an avid proponent of the Ashla." The Maids replied, confused.

"The light that runs in this place is of the Arcane, not the Ashla. It's Steward is a Questionable Influence."

"The Mistress does not trust the Lady Cinndurr."

"Very few Sorcerers are worthy of trust." the Knight answered back calmly, tersely.

"The Mistress is frightened. Forgive us. We have displeased you with our answers. We are only fragments of people Cinndurr knew in life. Bound to this realm eternally to tend to the Lady Cinndurr and her Knightly Champion. To us, all this is normal." The Maids spoke.

"This Monstrosity enslaves you even after your body's cessation?"

"No! We are all that remains of the Jei Priesteses who swore blood oaths to The Flame Matriarch. Our will to serve our beloved Lady is what sustains what is left of us, not some foul enchantment."

"You are fools to give your devotion to the creature that obviously damned you to this etherial sliver. What sort of afterlife is serving a guest morsels of what you yourself will never have enough of an abundance of to willingly flee this place of your own will?"

"Won't you at least hear the Lady Cinndurr out? We promise you will be able to leave immediately after."

Laertia grimaced.

"Fine. Complete your pointless administration."

The Maids nodded and bid her to follow them down a burning passage.

Laertia could feel whatever ruled this plain of existence swelling emotionally with anticipation.

She was led to a grand chamber of red flames, pillars of crimson fire partly encircling a massive lake of golden flames...

Laertia went still when she saw the creature at the center, floating naked above golden flames.

It was Syd. Or rather, someone who greatly resembled a younger version of the Atrisian looking woman she had first met at Golbah City. Her hair was a short, messy bob of unnatural red. There were no eyes in her sockets, just one tiny spark of golden flame in each. The Jedi's Symbol was branded on her forehead, strange, unsettling cracks of orange light under the flesh spreading out from it.

The rest of her body, though flush with color of the living, had obvious, exposed places with stitches encompassing her whole body, like someone had pieced her together after completely chopping her apart.

"Welcome, My dear Laertia. I have been expecting you."

"Speak your peace, Fragment." Laertia spoke curtly, refusing to give it any power by giving legitimacy to its so-called "Rulership" of this place, inwardly hiding how freaked out she was facing this twisted version of a friend she was not so certain was a friend any longer.

The stitched together abomination floated towards the edge of the lake where Laertia waited.

"You view me as untrustworthy?"

"Look where we are."

The creature chuckled, holding out a stitched together hand, orange light pouring through the stitch sites.

"Walk with me, and you will find you are mistaken about a great many things..."

Laertia did not take the hand, instead hesitantly walking onto the golden flames without hesitation.

The Fragment sighed and began floating after her...

Celeste melted a bit as Coren pulled her in for a kiss. She pressed her forehead to his for a moment, taking the chance to 'recharge.' And she nodded when he lifted her hand and touched the wedding band on her finger. And wasn't that just it? They were always together, even when they were not.

She nodded in answer to him, accepting the reassurance he gave.

“I wonder how the girls are doing --” she started to say, but pressed her lips together tightly. “No, they're fine, I know.” Celeste caught herself and shook her head. Drawing a deep, calming breath, she gazed out towards the waves. And she centered herself, feeling the warmth of the sand beneath her feet, the tranquil breeze, and the sparkling waters.

Reaching for Coren again, she wrapped her arms around him from the side.

“Thanks for bringing me,” she murmured softly. “I needed this.”

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom