Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBCode question

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
Okay, so, the stretched forum bugs me, but, is there a way for me to use the coding to squish my posts in to make it so that they don't stretch with the board?

[style=width:600px; padding:5px; border: 1px dotted #228B22; background-color: black; font-family:Times Roman; color:#006400;]
Seriansig1_zps316fb319.png
-Insert text here-
[/style]

Basically with something like this?
It doesn't change the forum, it does require a constant copy and paste, but the post style would give the ability to make posts sized.
I tried to poof it in to test, but the board currently doesn't accept such coding.

Can you please provide a link of any posts that may be stretching the forum?

Edit: If you just want to narrow the line length of a post, the easiest solution for you is to drag your web browser window to the right until it snaps into half-screen. Enter line breaks near the edge.

Serian Loria

Its not a bug, its the state of the forums as a whole actually.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean.
Here is a screenshot of a non-stretched forum.

An example of a post-style from a board I used to play on ages ago.

Hopefully those help clarify whats bugging me, its just an aesthetics thing, but I wondered if there was anything I could do about it.
Coding for posts is an easier fix than dickering with a forum and I'd wondered if there was a code-y thing I could do, you know?
A post style would also pretty up posts, like a theme song, but for posts lol.
I'm all for giving chances for graphics artists more chances to strut their stuff.

The example post for the post style is from a stretched forum, I got the idea from there actually.

@[member="Serian Loria"]
This is the general width of the Forums and has been for as long as I have been here; it isn't stretched, that's simply the style of it. To answer your question, the BBCode we have does not stretch to tables and widths; I am, however, certain that this is something which can be adjusted to. I've used sites with all manner of page widths, it's something you get used to with time. This will seem like second nature to you soon.

There are also different skins, the original IP board doesn't have a huge width, but its not as condense as what you're showing. Just a thought you can look through the other skins to get a good feel. At times, (before I was admin) I used the mobile version on my desktop. @[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"] I figured that, I just figured to ask to see what comes up. As I said earlier, if nothing else post styles could give artists more chance to show off, I don't expect anything to change. Just thought, if I put it out there, down the road it could be considered.

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] I did try all the various themes, they all stretch, but it won't stop me from writing. Just wanted to put an idea out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom