Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battlefield Hardline

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Correct me if I'm wrong (nice signature, by the way), but isn't Battlefront 3 also running on Frostbite? Or is that just the next Mass Effect and Dragon Age....

Personally, I think that just like BF3, BF4 still has a lot of playability left in it. By announcing yet another Battlefield game, they're reducing both the life of the game and the long-term active population. People are only just starting to get off of BF3, which is two games behind Hardline.

[member="Ashe the Reaper"] Thanks! [member="CHANI"] did it, awesome as always!

Hardline is more cops vs robbers tbh. It's actually quite fun. :)

BF4 is Military Combat, this is like Urban Streets, drive cop cars and such. Heists and so forth.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
BF4 has some excellent urban maps as well, especially with the advent of LevolutionTM, but I suppose it is indeed a wise move to release it if the game's of the nature you say. That's especially true when considering the next Tom Clancy game, CoD Advanced Soldier (or whatever the next big pile of garbage is called...), and Battlefront.

I probably won't buy it because it sounds like an ultra-glorified version of CounterStrike, but it may definitely find its way into my collection somewhere down the road.

Mass Effect 4, especially now that it's also a multiplayer game (one of the smartest things they've ever done to the series) with improvements on ME3 and is running on FrostBite 2, is deffs on the top of my "New Release Buy" list. Definitely sounds to be worth 65 bucks.

It's two different types of games though.

You have cops and robbers on Hardline.

Then you have military tactics on another. [member="Ashe the Reaper"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Ashe the Reaper said:
but I suppose it is indeed a wise move to release it if the game's of the nature you say.
I know and I'm agreeing with you, especially with the urban warfare trend as of late.

Played a bit of the Hardline beta a couple days ago. While it's fun, the game just feels like another BF3 reskin to me. I'll wait to buy Hardline when EA is selling it for $20 bucks on Black Friday. Rainbow Six Siege looked a lot more impressive, but it's being made by Ubisoft, so I need to wait to see what shenanigans they have in store for Rainbow Six before I get excited.

[member="Alyesa Praxon"] Here's a gameplay demo from E3. Looks more like a proper police/swat game than Hardline.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlvYh0h63k

[member="Supreme Overlord Dredge"] Hopefully MS learned their lesson with 4, and stop trying to make CoD in space. (CoD itself may be heading that route though, lol.) If not, well there's still the Master Chief collection. Been dying for a HD remaster of Halo 2.

Hardline is terrible, I'm in the beta and it's essentially a reskinned BF4, but with cops who use RPGs and reskinned vehicles that generally don't have weapons.

There's also annoying helicopters with guns (which I think they shouldn't be mounted with guns because it destroys the cops n' robbers theme) and the same bugs that plague BF4 are in Hardline.

Every bunny panic! *Flails n' runs in tiny bunny circles*

[member="Darth Vornskr"] Yeah, a few years ago, Hardline would have been sold as a $15-20 expansion like BFBC2 Vietnam instead of being peddled as a 60 dollar game. If EA wanted something to tide them over until Battlefront (Medal of Honor was in rotation, but it got canned), then they should have just dusted off the Bad Company series for a third entry, or maybe a little WW2 love on Frostbite. I dunno what it is, but BF3-Hardline have never seemed as fun to play as Bad Company 2.

Thera Mayeen

T
0/10 would not play.
It looks like a DLC map pack for Battlefield 4 and they want to sell it as a whole game.

literally hardline is the biggest piece of bullshit since the launch of BF4. They're releasing an honest-to-god DLC package as an entirely separate game, with no real entities of 'cops and robbers' more like 'rush mode BUT WITH MONEY'. It's less payday and more battlefield with cars. It's not that interesting as a heist game, it still feels like battlefield in the worst possible way.

battlefield hardline is terrible. I'm all against circle-jerking, but EA is playing us for suckers.

Blackhot said:
Rainbow Six Siege looked a lot more impressive, but it's being made by Ubisoft, so I need to wait to see what shenanigans they have in store for Rainbow Six before I get excited.
The other two Ranbow Six games were made by Ubisoft, and they were (and still are) amazing, while I much would have preferred Rainbow Six: Patriots, that's almost guaranteed not to come out... But, the gameplay looks great for Siege so...

Anywho, my mind has deteriorated since I'm sleepy so I'm going to say: Battlefield: Hardline looks [/i]fun[/i] but not better than BF4 or BF3, where I can ride in vehicles and charge the enemies base and all, or just do some CQC combat *sigh* but, I will probably not get Hardline... Now Halo 5 though, I'm definitely getting that, no doubt... And the Master Chief Collection :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom