Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battering Ram on Coruscant - What Could Go Wrong? (Aleidis)

Coruscant, sweet Coruscant. It had been years since Siobhan Kerrigan had last set foot on Coruscant. Almost seven years had passed since she had left the Jedi Order, though taking care to keep her lightsabre, and instead sworn allegiance to Omega Pyre, at that time still a small mercenary band trying to wrest order from the chaos in the western rim, its future still uncertain.

She had never looked back, never regretted her decision through all the conflicts, upheavals and challenged she had experienced since then. Now she found herself back on Coruscant. On the surface at least the vast city planet had not changed much, the vast skycrapers shot into the sky, which was packed with traffic, countless denizens went about their business in the streets. But that was the surface, those who were perceptive and dug deeper would discern the patterns of the wind of change that had swept across the Galaxy, not even leaving the Eternal City untouched.

A few months ago the Protectorate and the Republic had come to blows at Polis Massa, a clash of their mutual manifest destinies that left the recently brokered alliance in tatters. The chancellor had fallen and now the youngest Jedi Master of the age sat at the levers of power. The more cynical called this is a Jedi plot to assume direct control. Siobhan had dismissed these claims, not the least because it seemed all too obvious a ploy. Driven by a crusader spirit that harkened back to the days of Lord Hoth, the Jedi had launched an assault on the world of Metalorn to liberate it from the Sith, a brutal clash of arms in which Siobhan had participated, volunteering for the mission.

Well, if they got their groove back, all the better. Before they start having a big debate about whether it's ok to attack first, she thought. Unlike many Jedi that went into exile after her, Siobhan had not left because she thought the Jedi had become pawns of the Republic or were too aggressive. Quite the opposite really. Being put into the same group of conscientous objectors, apostates and exiles was a source of amusement to her.

Perhaps out of hatred for the Sith, perhaps out of a sense of duty or simply because she liked the action too much, she was not one for introspection. The brutal duel with the Sith Master Velok had left her strongly scarred and fried by lightning, though she had prevailed and forced the Whiphid to retreat. Still a strong limp characterised her stride as she walked across the great Republic Square that held the Senate Building, an imposing domed structure. The last time she had seen it years ago it had still been under construction and the building site had been filled with frentic activity.

Not that Siobhan was feeling nostalgic as she gazed upon the building like a tourist. Still she felt curious about seeing the new regime in action. It was a hard face that beheld it, her scarred features showed just how she had earned her rank, brown hair falling loosely across her shoulders, her bionic eye flashed for a moment; she wore a long black coat, for there was a strong and slightly chilly wind. Her lightsabre was attached to her belt, though she had foregone the heavy blaster pistol she usually wore on her hip, a rare concession to diplomatic formalities.

No attempt was made to mask her Force Signature, though Siobhan had a novice's understanding of the Qey'tek meditation and so it was plain for all too discern. After all, on the surface the Republic and the Protectorate were not enemies.

On the surface. Ever since Polis Massa things had become...complicated. Siobhan had little love for the Republic, she had been furious after the incident. Still if there was an enemy, then it was the Sith and that was why she had taken up her bolter and lightsabre and went on the Crusade to Metalorn.

She strode across the broad avenue of the Senate dome, which was filled with its share of reporters, security guards and drivers awaiting their senatorial masters in luxurious limousines and skycars. Some glances were shot her way, while not part of the leadership of the Protectorate - and quite happy with that - Siobhan was not an unknown anymore, especially after marrying an Exarch, much as she hated the limelight.

But then, maybe she had torn down one roof too many to avoid it!

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Busy, busy, busy. Busy was the life of a girl trying to lead the free Republic, a girl who was equal parts curiosity and joke to the press given how biting the comedians were, and how desperate their writers were for jokes. Her particular 'favorite' had been a bit on the Cosmo Gyllinham show last night, where they'd implied that Senate work was slowing down because she had a curfew to follow.

Give it a couple of days. See how they were laughing when she ended the war and slavery in the Empire with one fell swoop.

Sighing to herself, Aleidis smoothed out her blue-and-white veda cloth robes, quickly growing to dislike the comfortable but characteristic clothing. Alei couldn't wait to get home, change into something less 'Leaderish' and spend some time laughing and being silly with Codi. But until such time as she could let her hair down, Aleidis had to try. She had to try oh so hard. It wasn't enough to be competent - she had to look good and act twice her age while doing so, and that was the really exhausting part of everything. At any given time, she had plans upon plans for peace and policy. Selling them to the Senate was the real job.

With a weariness that didn't really suit a sixteen year old, Aleidis descended the Senate steps, in full knowledge that a security agent was shadowing her to keep watch for assassins. That was another crappy part of the job - people wanted to kill her, and she'd never even met them. She wasn't sure how to handle that kind of animosity, that blind hatred.

So when Aleidis spotted the familiar cyborg, Siobahn Kerrigan of Omega Pyre lingering in the temple square, she had her moment of hesitation. But this wasn't the first time she'd met Siobahn, technically. Aleidis had been a youngling, nine years old when Siobahn had left the Jedi Order. Although Aleidis remembered nothing about the woman and they'd likely never spoken, it was a fun little factoid she'd recovered in her background checks on the mercenaries they'd brought on/allowed for the Metalorn conflict. The Padawan Siobahn in the archives looked little like the woman-shaped WMD lingering in the senate square for reasons unknown.

Unsure what to make of this, or if she should make anything of it at all, Aleidis merely lingered near the steps with her hands behind her bacl - carefully watching the Cyborg reminisce.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Siobhan had been about to light a cigarette after fishing a rather depleted package out of her coat pocket. Was smoking permitted on the avenue of the great parliament? Well, she had been about to find out and, as comical as that might sound, it was becoming increasingly difficult to get a smoke in the Omega Pyre Tower with both her secretary Mara and Sergeant Hevana Martin nagging her about her health!

Her fingers froze as they gripped the lighter when out of the corner of her eye she spotted her. Aleidis Ijet, youngest Jedi Master Siobhan could remember, newly elected Chancellor of the Republic. Of course she knew the face, though she had never spoken to her, it all had been all over the holonews. Journalists had descended upon her story like a locust of insects, eager for anything that could score them a big hit in the ratings.

A girl half Siobhan's age - and Gods, thinking about it like that made Siobhan feel sort of old, as comical as that sounded - and yet she sat upon the metaphorical throne. The obvious theory was that she put in power as a puppet of the Council, something Siobhan had already dismissed as has been said. Still...politics were a thoroughly dirty business, much mud-slinging, war was even messier. The lines between right and wrong blurred so often.

Doubtless there was a security agent shadowing the Chancellor. Probably more than one. Siobhan cocked her head slightly, putting the cigarette package back into her coat, pondering what to do, as alien as thinking things through usually was for her.

Really...she was the last person who should be talking to a foreign head of state. There was a reason her wife was the Exarch and she was quite happy being a sledgehammer. Not the least due to her general lack of patience and tact.

Then Siobhan got that look on her face, the one that crossed her features when she was going to do something she really should not do and she spoke up. "It's funny. Back in the day when I quit I think they were still working on the roof. Well, that's how I remember it! Feels almost like a different life," she said almost wistfully as her eyes, flesh and bionic, travelled towards Aleidis.

Her hands hung loosely down, clearly in view of any security agent who might be shadowing the Chancellor. In other words making it clear that she was not about to reach for hidden weapons. Of course, Siobhan did not need weapons to cause considerable damage, but it seemed a sensible gesture to her nonetheless. "Having an, uh, pleasant evening, Your Excellency?" she asked in what was probably her politest tone, feeling a bit awkward. Smooth, Kerri, very smooth.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Excellency? Uck. Aleidis still wasn't sure to refer to the woman as 'Missus Kerrigan' or 'Ma'am'. The ups and downs of being raised to be respectful (because your life could very well hinge on it) were something that followed you through your whole life. "We fought together on Metalorn, Missus Kerrigan. You can just call me Aleidis, if you like." The Ghostling offered with a mildly hopeful smile. Very few people took that invitation. "Well, not TOGETHER, but - heck, you get my point. On the same side."

The Ghostling somewhat closed the distance between them and turned to look up at the senate building with a raised eyebrow. "Wow, it HAS been a long time." Aleidis remarked cheerfully. "The roof was finished back when I was, like, twelve. Or about." She admitted thoughtfully. Those four years felt like an eternity to Aleidis, they were (she imagined) considerably less to a woman twice her age. "It looked a lot better back then - pollution takes a toll - but I still think it looks kind of nice." The Ghostling chirped.

"If you promise you're not here for anything nefarious or clandestine, I could show you the inside of it." Aleidis offered mildly, turning her attention back to the powerhouse of a woman. "It's really something to behold. Especially when it's nice and quiet, and empty." She explained with a warm smile.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

"Alright, Aleidis. It's Siobhan then. 'Missus Kerrigan' sounds so proper," Siobhan said after a short moment of hesitation, flashing the woman what she thought was an encouraging smile, evidently loosening up a bit as Aleidis spoke. "Yeah, we fought on the same side. Felt good doing that again. Right really," she spoke honestly. It was hard to imagine the Ghostling in the hell of combat, though she knew she had been there. Siobhan had been raised in poverty, she had gotten her first gun when she had been the chancellor's age, she had experienced brutal violence at an early age.

Siobhan was fine with foregoing titles and formal addresses. She had gotten used to a certain hierarchy, it was part and parcel of military life and also brought stability, but she could only take so much heel clicking. At the rest of Aleidis' words she chuckled. "Promise. Nothing clandestine...Honestly, I'm really not the person someone would send for cloak and dagger stuff." It was true, her idea of subtlety was to use one thermal detonator instead of two!

"Thanks. Wouldn't mind seeing the inside on a special tour just for me and I can't deny the chancellor! If you're not too busy. Being in charge and all. Know how, uh, stressful that is from wifey," she smiled.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Aleidis blinked, then flushed faint pink - the natural, lambent glow of her skin going from 'eco-lightbulb' to 'soft candle'. "I've got someone at home I'm trying to make the long hours up to, myself. But we're, uh - not married or anything like that." The teenager explained, in a rare moment of actually and honestly sounding like a teenager. "My heart goes out to you and your wife." Aleidis added for good measure.

"Butyeah. I'm not busy, I promise. I was actually about to make a very slow and meandering way home." Aleidis explained with a small grin. "And kicking myself in the tail for forgetting my datapad, to boot. But now I've got a convenient reason to go back and get it, and to play nice with one of the Protectorate's finest." She chirped, leading a brisk path back towards the senate building. "Besides. I like to keep my security shadows on their toes. Confuse 'em." Aleidis confided with a playful whisper. "Sometimes, I just take cab rides around for hours to make them try and anticipate where I'm going!" The Chancellor laughed merrily.

After all, now that she had Siobahn's word that she wasn't going to do anything mean or rash, Aleidis could default to her usually chipper self - making a new friend was one of her very favorite things to do, naturally, and Aleidis' day had gone from boring and frustrating to interesting so quickly she might have gotten whiplash.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Siobhan looked very amused as Aleidis flushed. "Got someone special, huh? It is good to have someone you don't have to pretend for," she said, trolling a bit, but being honest. "No worries about wifey. Job's hard, but I take care of the stress when she gets home," she winked at the girl. For a change Siobhan was keeping the innuendo down.

"I forget datapads sometimes. And there's no one who can read my handwriting." Siobhan had no problems reading it though. As Aleidis described how she liked to troll her security detail Siobhan could not resist breaking out into laughter. Of course, security was important and if Siobhan had their job she'd be thinking differnetly, but it was sort of amusing. "Haha. You're a sneaky one, aren't you?" she quipped merrily.

Siobhan followed Aleidis as she navigated a path through the building, noting how much it had changed, a far fry from the half-finished and rather dusty site she had left behind. Presumably security was following them around, Siobhan assumed that there was also cameras not immediately apparent to the eye, though she did not let it affect her. She cocked her head to briefly gaze out of a window into the Senate rotunda she passed it.

The Colonel walked with a strong limp, though she forced herself to stand proud and straight despite the evident strain. Her bionic leg had been damaged by force lightning, the flesh and blood one struck by a spear of midnight black.

"So you were at Metalorn, as well. In the thick of things. Things got messy down there. One moment you're the youngest Master, the next you've been thrust into the circus over there and everyone wants you to make the big decisions and smile into the holocameras. Know I couldn't handle it. I'd go bonkers pretty soon," she chuckled slightly.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Siobahn's bit of innuendo - and the wink! - made Aleidis giggle furiously, and earned her a coveted spot on any teenager's most secret list: 'Adults who are kind of cool'. A moment later, she nodded at Siobahn's assesment of her sneaking skillz and nodded, beaming proudly. "Just a little sneaky. But I have to be!" She 'defended' cheerfully, leading the way into the senate building.

She gave Siobhan a half-assed tour redeemed only by the fact that she had an insider perspective, pointing out where various Senators liked to have lunch, what they ate, where they took smoke breaks and which ones of them liked to use the wrong bathroom. Then, Siobhan brought up Metalorn, which was a considerably more serious topic than discussing which rooms had the best acoustics and which ones were just out of the way enough to be worth sneaking off to for a quiet lunch.

"Honestly? Some days, I FEEL bonkers." Aleidis admitted reluctantly, clasping her hands in front of herself. "If I say the wrong word, or shake the wrong hand, people could die. Wars could start." She explained. "I mean, the reverse of that is also true - and that's what gets me through everything. Because I'm here to do good things for the Galaxy, you know?" Aleidis said with a small, almost timid smile. "I'd go crazy for real, though, if I didn't have Codi." The Ghostling added. "Having someone to just... be yourself around, who loves you no matter what? That's got to be the best feeling in the world. I could do anything, so long as Codi's there to back me up."

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Siobhan noted the tiredness and nodded. Now might have been the moment for cynical Siobhan to rear her head, with the usual mantra about the Galaxy being a grim place, but she did not do that. For one it would have been very counterproductive and sort of patronising.

Siobhan still could not help wonder what had put the girl into the position she was in, having not been privy to the secret backroom dealings of the Jedi leadership. It just seemed...irresponsible to suddenly expect her to wave a magic wand, in a senate full of hyenas, but then Siobhan had thought much of democracy. However, fact was that she had the office.

"I get that. Politics is messy. Everyone wants you to wave a magic wand. Enough to drive you insane. Well, I joined the Pyre fresh from the trenches of Anaxes and I was suddenly an officer. Course...that's a lot smaller. But wifey suddenly found herself running most of the territory under the Lady Protector, having come from the gutter nothing prepared her for that. But she grew into it," she spoke. Of course, the analogy was not perfect, but none was.

She nodded as Aleidis spoke about having someone. "Yeah, I don't know what I'd do without Tegaea. Don't spread it around I said that though, it would ruin my hardass rep!" she winked at her conspiratorially. "So who trained you back with the Jedi?" That seemed like a more pleasant topic.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Having just met Siobhan and having no idea who Tegaea was, it was easy for Aleidis to chirp "Don't worry - I won't tell anyone about your softer side." With full confidence that she'd be able to keep that secret. It wasn't as if she went around telling random people bits of other people's lives, after all.

"Aaand this, is the Senate room." Aleidis said grandly, having taken Siobhan through her personal door to give her the best possible view of the rotunda. The seats of the Free Republic stretched up and down as far as the eyes could see, all the way to the domed cieling they'd been admiring outside. "This is where I stand all day... and this is my chair." Aleidis explained, retrieving a small bag of hard candy from under her seat. "Pretty great view, huh?"

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

"Thanks. Got a rep to maintain. Tegaea Alcori's my wife. Exarch of Eriadu, that's pretty much second in command of the Protectorate. Came from nothing, fought her way to the top," Siobhan said by way of explanation, beaming with evident pride. In other words one of the persons to speak to when it came to getting OP-Republic relations back on track.

Siobhan paused for a moment to take in the grand view of the Senate room that Aleidis offered her. Pods upon pods filled the vast hall, their number seemed legion. Personally it made Siobhan how one could possibly keep all these divergent interests together or make oneself heard as a representative, since one voice could easily be drowned out, but it was a good view.

"Pretty great, yeah. Can imagine what a ruckus it must be when the senate's in session, even if only half the pods are filled. Figure you gotta shout 'order' a lot," she said agreeably, chuckling slightly, then casually leaned back against the pod.

"So...back in my day - yeah, I sound so old right now - Jedi had this whole line party about being separate from the Republic and all. Stayed out of the battle of Anaxes, well most did. Course...I hear Leia was a Jedi and head of state or something and no one minded then."

No doubt if Je'gan were here he would be able to use his profound historical knowledge to offer numerous examples of Jedi involvement in politics, such as past Jedi chancellors, Jedi playing kingmaker to put Cal Omas into office and Sabat Sebatyne being a member of the Galactic Triumvirate, but Siobhan was considerably less well educated!

"Figure lots of things changed. Senator of Tython and now one of their own got thrust onto the big seat. You get lots of that 'Jedi overlords assuming direct control' crap thrown at you? How'd you get involved in the game anyway? Unless that's top secret," she said jovially.

Of course, given that Siobhan came from a nation where two of the three ruling oligarchs were force-users, chances were that she would have a different perspective on things. But then in Siobhan's opinion democracy sort of sucked, which was interesting because she also was an unruly minion who did not like people ordering her around. Most of the time the only person who could tell her what to do was Tegaea.

Aleidis Zrgaat

"To be honest, the policy changes with the generations." Aleidis admitted, popping a butterscotch into her mouth. "For a couple hundred years, the Supreme Chancellor was a position FOR a Jedi - then an everyman won the seat, and that streak continued for a couple thousand years. People just dislike change in particular." She explained thoughtfully. "But the foundation of the argument - that the Jedi are the servants and custodians of the Republic - is a Jedi rule, and one that's been up for debate and interpretation forever. Not a Republic law. I handed over my saber and stepped down from the Order formally about a month before the election."

Alei rolled the hard candy around in her mouth. "...mostly because it needed to be done. The Republic has been stagnating. But that's kind of the eternal curse of democracy - it's too easy for things to just fall into endless bickering. When people hear that it's a fair and balanced system, academically they understand it. In their heart of hearts, they get confused when their idea of 'fair' doesn't match up with someone else's." She explained. "I'm young, but my eyes are clear. I've got the training to lead, and some experience. I was asked by some people high up to do this, and regardless of my apprehension, when the higher-ups ask you to step up and do the right thing..." She sighed and shrugged helplessly.

Aleidis turned and leaned on the railing, overlooking the endless pit of the Galactic Senate. "Every person who comes here, does it to represent their people. They each come to do what they feel is the best for their planets. I try to keep that in mind every time I have to yell 'order' to keep someone quiet."

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Siobhan generally found politics a dreary subject. She was a cynical person at heart, endowed with the common frontline soldier's distrust of bureaucrats and career politicians. She did not believe in noble causes and hallowed principles. Granted Tegaea was a political leader, but she had come from the gutter like Siobhan, had been a soldier and knew what was life was like outside of the ivory tower.

So perhaps it said something about Aleidis that her words held Siobhan's interest. Maybe that was because Aleidis was an outsider to the hurly-burly and games of the Senate as well.

"Yeah, hence why everyone's got their idea what the greater good is. Guess you can see that by the fact that the Republic's mission statement is democracy and all, but then you got planets like Hapes, run by the Queen Mum and a clique of aristos, half the population is second class. I was there on contract as Saelari's personal security when a little civil war broke out about joining the Republic," Still she smiled slightly. Her vacation on Hapes after seducing a noblewoman had been terrific fun, even though she had been forced to wear a dress!

"Can't play missionary and force change on 'em because then they'd rebel since you're meddling with their culture. OP's got the same issue. Hell, the Jedi have always had this dispute about whether it's in line with the Code to attack first and or whether they're galactic cops. Problem with peace and stability is that you often have to fight twice as hard to achieve it," she held up her hand. "Not that I'm judging. I am a soldier from the friendly neighbourhood dictatorship after all and I was a really bad Jedi!"

Aleidis Zrgaat

"Oh, that's nothing - I'm a pacifist, and always has been. You know how hard it is to be taken seriously as a Jedi when you refuse to kill people? Or even hurt them?" Aleidis asked with a tiny grin, hands on her hips. "I put a Sith Lord down for a nap, and nobody bats an eye. Like it's some easy deal to just quiet all that rage and hunger and turn it into something peaceful enough for sleep."

Aleidis shrugged absently, before leading the way away from the Chancellor's booth, stopping long enough to pick up her datapad and slip it into her satchel. "But differences are differences. There's no real way of saying if my way or another's way is right, because it's all completely subjective. All we can do is what we feel is best, and hope that that is enough."

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Siobhan chuckled. "You managed to put a raging Sith Lord to sleep in the middle of a battle? Nice. You got guts. I won't mince words, I've been a soldier for more than a decade. I see threats, I hit real hard till they're ended. It's in my blood and most of the time it doesn't cause me any dilemmas. Job's what I was born for."

She had left the Jedi because they did not get things done, not out of outrage over them being imperialist or too violent. But she was not about to hold a judgemental speech. Certainly not after Roche. It surprised her a bit how far the pendulum had swung the other way when it came to the Jedi. But then apparently as a Jedi you were either accused of being too violent or too complacent.

"But I met Boolon Murr some time ago. Ithorian, pacifist. Showed up on my doorstep on Fondor one day. We had a friendly chat...gotta say I was kinda surprised a Jedi would go on a tour to meet all the apostates - and not for sanctimonious preaching, just to talk. Good guy."

Aleidis Zrgaat

Aleidis nodded knowingly, smiling. It sounded like Boolon Murr was finally doing what he'd wished to do all along - spreading the message of peace on an individual level, setting an example. A time ago, she might have gone with him... but the Grandmaster and fate had other ideas. She only hoped that, wherever Boolon Murr was, she was doing proud the ideals he'd instilled in her heart as his Padawan. "That sounds like Master Murr, alright." Aleidis admitted, offering Siobhan a small smile. "He's technically an apostate himself, but only in the most technical sense."

"In my opinion, that man represents the truest, purest values of the Jedi." Aleidis admitted, before smiling broadly. "But don't tell him I said that unless you want to see an Ithorian blush!" The girl laughed, offering Siobhan one of her butterscotches. "I miss him a lot. But I'm glad he's doing what makes him happiest."

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

"No worries, your secret is safe with me. He's a cool guy," Siobhan promised her good-naturedly, taking one of the butterscotches and nodding her thanks. They were on the opposites ends of the moral spectrum, to say the least, but she had liked Boolon and would not mind seeing him again. Needless to say Siobhan did not know about the Ithorian Treaty or Boolon's work on the international stage yet.

Siobhan fell silent for a moment, visibly pondering something. She was well aware that she really was not the person to bring up a subject like this, but she was here. How did Tegaea do it again? "So...things have been kinda tense between the Republic and the Protectorate since Polis Massa. Well, I guess tense is a big understatement," she said awkwardly. And the prize for smooth, elegant rhetoric goes to Kerri.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Aleidis nodded somberly, putting her hands behind her back. "They have been. The Senate is meeting tomorrow to decide what, exactly, we should do about the whole thing." She explained. "On one hand, Omega Pyre are valuable friends. On the other hand, we cannot look like we're crawling back to appease them, now that Chancellor Ardek has left us." The Ghostling sighed and shrugged helplessly. "Either way, we lose something in the eyes of the Galaxy. But it's out of my hands."

"Surprisingly, a lot is. The position of Supreme Chancellor is almost a ceremonial seat sometimes - most of my predecessors have been content to just reap the comforts of the position without really leading, and I'm doing my best to change that." The Ghostling promised. "I've got big plans for peace. If putting them into action doesn't break me or get me killed." She snickered. "Never in my life have I considered picking up cigarettes before I was elected. Now they don't seem so bad."

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Siobhan nodded grimly, pausing before she said something. "I get that. Don't want to look like you're needy appeasers letting the Protectorate roll over you. Especially after the Jedi put up a good fight at Metalorn. We wouldn't want that either. So, yeah, we are pissed over Polis Massa...but there are people over there willing to talk. Maybe somewhere neutral, so it looks less like someone's crawling back. The Protectorate can't manage alone totally without partners after all," she shrugged. She had enough sense not to launch into a sanctimonious speech about how much the Protectorate was needed.

Despite herself she smiled when the woman brought up cigarettes. "Smoking's a very bad habit, Chancellor," she said in what was an imitation of a prim and proper voice before she brought out her package and a lighter, holding the latter in clear view so that no paranoid security agent would think she was about to set the chancellor on fire.

"Don't tell anyone I tried to seduce you into my bad habits," she joked. "I get what you mean. As grand as it sounds, you can't wave a magic wand and fix the Galaxy. Much as people expect that."

Aleidis Zrgaat

"It's kind of funny that I can't actually buy these for myself." Aleidis remarked, carefully picking a cigarette from the pack. "...and Codi would kill me if I started smoking regularly. But one won't hurt." She mused, turning it over to examine the white filter and paper, the brown bits packed inside it.

"If both sides walk away from the table with their full dignity, I'll be happy." Aleidis admitted. "The Senate will likely decide to play nice, and then it'll fall to me to represent us at peace talks. Honestly, I'm more worried about the Artesian empire. They're an unknown quantity, and pretty quiet neighbors for sharing a border with us." She explained, putting the cigarette to her lips. She leaned forward in hopes for a light. "So, I just inhale once it's lit?" The young woman asked curiously, peering up at Siobhan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom