Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathe in the Light

Unknown World

8c5e87cc0250ea6b1dfe8275cc9e9567.jpg

The terrestial world Laira found herself on wasn't what she had expected when RESINT had told her they needed it surveyed. She had expected a far off planetoid either devoid of life like the asteroid belt she had been sent to last time, or an arid desert like Tattooine or Jakku.

Instead she was on a civilized world with a comfortable temperate climate the redhead found relaxing. Like Alderaan in late spring with warm gusts of wind blowing through evergreen forests and a cool overall temperature that was enough that she did not require a jacket with her outfit. Instead she wore just a pair of tight dark brown pants with a white shirt tucked into its waist, a few laces opened up in the front to draw attention, and a matching pair of knee-tall boots with a slight heel in them. Her make up was simple, blush and eye liner, and a ring on her finger managed the rest of her traditionally vain aesthetics.

The people that she found on the planet seemed nice enough, if a little backwater. They appeared to be behind in the technological era, using electricity and such but she saw no evidence of droids or heavy machinery that the redhead princess could find or see. The village she found was exactly that, a village. Small with maybe only a few hundred people in it and various farms surrounding it, the smoke trailed off some of the chimneys, and people made merry around a cobblestone town square. It looked like an agricultural world that still used beasts or burden to pull plows, men and women worked the soil with their hands and simple tools, craftsmen forged and cut their tools for them, and merchants sold simple goods.

Overall the redhead liked it, partially because these simple people had never had to deal with someone like her which brought attention to the redhead as she sauntered through their river side village, but mostly because it had a simple calm to it. All the ravages of war and the turmoil she had been forced to sit with everyday wore on the princess, and all of it seemed to bleed away on this world. Its simple rusticness and the calm that flowed through it. Even the Force felt at peace on this world.

She wandered off towards a stone bridge that crossed the calm babbling river that ran alongside the village. No one was playing or fishing in it, and the Redhead stepped up to sit up on the railing with her feet dangling over the river.

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
The whole “visit an uncharted planet and have it surveyed” routine was new to Stephanie, and given recent weeks, it was rather welcome. Uncharted and off the grid perhaps? Able to explore and discover new ideals and places – but it was getting a bad habit in what trouble she found herself in when doing just that.

The Antarian Rangers landed in a large open field with the small transport that kicked up the dry grass below. So far, the few that had arrived only knew the location of the planet, but nothing else – no name had emerged, no idea of what government they had – if any – and where they stood in the spectrum of both understanding the Force and the heroes and villains of the galaxy.

Stephanie opted to head out alone with a basic grid of the hemisphere they were in and the settlements suspected to be tucked away. There was no desire for violence today, quite the opposite. She had the desire and need to find peace again, acceptance and understanding of what happened and her place in all this mess if she was ever going to become someone great.

With a new change of robes, sticking with cream and brown to compliment her short hair and old Hapan heritage, Stephanie walked across the lush greenery as trees began to overhang and guide the way. Right now the lightsaber hilt by her side was a lifeline, as much as she hated it and didn’t want to use it, by the Force she would if she was pushed.

Bird song guided her on a walk that seemed to last for ages but didn’t take its toll, the greenery soon turning to gravel running by a stream with reflective oranges, greens and blues. Stephanie looked at her chart and walked the path over loose stones coming to a bridge, and she crossed it, passing a daydreamer sat on the lip.

With a little glance and faux smile at the stranger, the Jedi carried on until she reached the other end. Then, she looked up and mulled over her options – what use was it trying to find a place that may not exist if a stranger could help?

She span on her brown boot and walked back up to the flame-haired woman witting without a care in the world.

"Excuse me, sorry to trouble you but I’m looking for a village or town…but I don’t know if one even exists…?"

She winced, finding the humour in how silly she sounded.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

The soft stream ran beneath her, babbling ever onward. She looked for fish and for signs of insects in it, seeing several different kinds of both living in a beautiful ecosystem that seemed relatively undisturbed. The redhead could understand why she didn't see the people fishing it with stone nets or dams, it was just so serene it would be a shame to interrupt its flow.

Part of her hoped that she wouldn't find a place to build or set up a hidden base on this planet. It would be a shame to accidentally bring the war to this world when they had so far escaped it. But, no world was safe anymore, not once it was found. The recent attacks on the Alliance proved that much.

"Hiya," Laira said in response to the woman who walked across the stone bridge from the opposite track, snapping out of her quiet self introspection. Her grey eyes took stock of the woman with a slow up and down gaze, looking over the brunette with a trained eye and a smile. Cream and brown robes reminscent of the Jedi Order stuck out to the redhead, but was not always a clear indicator. Beyond that, the Princess took note of soft brown eyes and short cropped hair, overall a cute woman if a bit older than the teenage princess.

"Oh, yeah. There is a village further down the road you are on. Maybe two hundred meters to its outskirts." She responded, swinging her legs back over the side of the bridge to stand up and introduce herself properly. "They are a bit backwards though. Looked like pre-industrial lifestyle with electricity and basic amenities. Didn't seem to mind a pretty redhead in future clothes too much." Laira continued to explain what she had seen during her walk through the village to the stranger.

"I'm Laira, with the ExplorCorps." She explained with a genuine smile, offering her hand to the woman. She held herself with proper posture, shoulders rolled back, chest puffed out a little bit. Better to lie and say she was with the New Jedi Order than to reveal her true allegiance so quickly to a total stranger. The Resistance hadn't had time to establish contact with the other governments of the Galaxy and so far had only seceded from the Galactic Alliance recently. There was still only speculation about how it would be received. "They wanted the place surveyed and investigated so they sent their best and prettiest pilot."

"Who are you?"

Stephanie Swail

It was always nice to see a pleasant selfless being, and it made such a difference. This girl, Laira, was a pilot, and certainly looked the part. To be fair, she looked more how Stephanie did before her time with the Jedi Order – she loved her Hapan gown but missed wearing more practical clothing that suited the job.

She extended her hand and shook Laira’s.

"Stephanie Swail, Padawan with the Silver Jedi Order out of Kashyyyk. Thank you!"

Stephanie looked over the bridge in the direction Laira had said and nodded to herself. She would keep on the original path. Yet, maybe this pilot could be of use? Carefully folding the map back into a square, Stephanie pocketed it and linked her hands behind her back.

"The Order knew little about this world, and so I guess they sent their…most troublesome, but of course prettiest, Padawan to investigate too! Tell me, I’ve never heard of ExplorCorps – what do they do?"

There was no need to be over eager just yet, this girl may be busy or have a keen dislike to the Jedi themselves, but if not, then Stephanie was sure she was on the right track to having a guide.

Laira grinned warmly at the brunette. She could tell her company was a bit older than her, but most people were older than the teenage redhead. Overall, this Stephanie seemed like a good sort, whom Laira had a penchant for finding and making friends with. "You're certainly the cutest Jedi I've ever met!" She exclaimed with some excitement leaking into her tone, batting her eyelashes and giving the Jedi a playful smile in her most adorable attempt to make the woman blush.

Part of Laira's many flaws was feeling the desire to know she could attract or tempt anyone, and knowing only came from attempting. It was mostly her pride and vanity, built into a desire to be constantly reminded how good looking she was, but there was no ill intent in the gesture, or even intent to act on such behavior. Just a flaw she had developed over years of being fawned over.

"Oh, ExplorCorps are from the Free Worlds. We survey worlds and map hyperspace lanes, and on occasion I've been known to go on some pretty wild adventures." The princess continued, stepping around beside Stephanie to walk alongside the Jedi girl towards the village. The soft spring winds rustled the leaves of the temperate forest around the two women, last autumns brown leaves shifting on the ground. Warm sunshine poured through the canopy, beams of light striking the two girls where they stood.

"Don't know why they took an interest in this planet, but I like it here. Feels so calm and the Force seems at peace, you know. Perfect place for a date."

Stephanie Swail

Where to look?! That was a compliment, something she didn’t take well. As Laira stepped up to join the Jedi in her walk, all she could do was nod bashfully.

"Well, thank you – that’s very, nice of you. Very kind. But, if you are busy, don’t let me keep you at all."

She looked up at the canopy of trees, winking one eye at the glare of the sun and feeling a little embarrassed and out of her depth already, but at the same time glad she was here. She wanted to get rid of this horrible lack of confidence and be assured of her own standing; of who she was. Laira seemed to be, in everything from her dress sense to her confident mannerisms.

They walked beside each other and let nature provide the soundtrack to their stroll.

"This is a beautiful place from what I saw on the way in. Reminds me of Voss. Have you been to Voss?" She glanced over to Laira. "If the Corps ever venture to the East of the galaxy, I would recommend it. Lush green fields tinted with oranges and brown, purple mountains that frame old cities and settlements, with blue lakes and crashing waterfalls that glisten like jewels in the sun."

She did miss the one place she called home. It was so different to Kashyyyk, but then, things needed to be different. It couldn’t always stay the same.

"But the Sith Empire are crawling around that area, so be careful if you ever did go."

Stephanie brushed her hand against some purple and green vines that hung low beside them on the walk.

"Go on. Tell me about one of your adventures. Where is the best place you’ve seen? Sell the your skills to me!"

Laira smiled roguishly at the brunette, a devious smile creeping across the redhead's face. "Sell my skills to you? Well, let's see, I have so many." Her voice filled with a pleasant tone. The redhead didn't mind talking about herself all that much, even if she was more inclined to listen to the tales of others when given the opportunity.

"Well, I'm a pilot. I fought with the Alliance at Kaeshana and Skor two, made ace both flights even if they were some messy battles." Suddenly she had to stop and take a breath to clear her mind of memories bubbling up from those battles. Her memories of Kaeshana were vivid, her autocannons shredding enemy infantry she strafed turning them into puffs of red mist and their Force aura's suddenly blinking out. That had been the first time she had ever killed a person, and it stuck with her painfully. Laira told herself it was necessary and that moving on didn't make her a bad person, but she was having some trouble with the moving on. "I flew co-pilot for Jorus Merrill at Anoat."

"I killed a sea serpent with help from a friend. Or more accurately I should say I helped a friend kill a sea serpent." The redhead continued to list off some of her less adventurous feats, "Flew through the Kathol Outback, navigated the Maelstrom," Those were fairly simple ordeals, no battles or killing, no great hunt. Just her in her cockpit flying through the space between stars. "Oh, and I'm a dancer." She stopped to raise her arms above her head, rotating her hips in a circular motion as she did a slow turn around for her new companion, bursting into laughter as soon as she was done with the mildly exotic dance.

"I swear, I can do more than that!" Laira was having trouble keeping from continuing laughing, clutching her own ribs. "I know a couple traditional Zeltron dances but you have to buy me dinner to see more than that. So what do you do?"

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie looked at Laira, hooked on every word about her piloting adventures. She had only flown an A-Wing, once, and that was a bumpy affair, but she wished it was easy for her to jump into a cockpit, fire up engines and blast off into the stars. Fighting with others across seas and dangerous terrain and hostile worlds all for the good of the galaxy. It must have been such a thrill.

Yet she felt pain inside Laira, and she gave a solemn smile of understanding. There was a Force aura to the girl, but it was not Stephanie’s place to pry. She had seen many things; she could feel sadness and turmoil and…guilt. This flame-haired pilot was younger than Stephanie, yet she had experienced and carried herself as if she had seen much in her years.

She swallowed softly and kept walking. When Laira smiled, Stephanie smiled. She fed greatly from people’s emotions and it seemed while adventures could be hard, they could also be thrilling and fun if you’re the right side of crazy. The Padawan raised her brow at the image of fighting a sea monster – how brave!

And then she had to laugh at another example of her confidence with her dance moves. Stephanie rolled her eyes and shook her head playfully.

"What are you like."

Dinner? With her? Was she serious….well she wouldn’t have said it if she didn’t want to spend time with her. Social anxieties really brought her down. She had to laugh it off, because she was flattered without expecting to be so soon.

"What do I do? How can I match your adventures. Hm." She looked ahead and squinted, wondering what to say. "Well I am a Padawan, which is the rank of Jedi under training from a Master. We have Padawan learners, Knights and Masters. As much as I enjoy reading about history and the foundations of the Orders around our galaxy, I thrive on being out there with my allies. To feel the cause for which I was made fo – well, born for, you know."

Born and made for, really, but that was a little complicated for such a light-hearted meeting.

"I do all I can to repel the Dark Side forces from worlds they oppress. Where we are called to support, I will be there. Be it helping establish a government or simple trade route or even when war comes calling, I take my weapon and stand at the front line and fight for all I can."

She twisted her mouth a little, frowning.

"I’m not that amazing though, when people think of Jedi it’s all mystical space wizards and powers that pull starships out of the sky and flashy lightsaber moves. It’s not always that. It’s laborious, it’s painful and it’s tiring. You face accusations and hatred more often you think; people who are afraid or don’t understand or see you the same as the Sith. It’s hard when you just want to help – that’s all I want to do. Help and lead others one day."

The rune on her skin seemed to flare up at the moment; a dark reminder of her failure.

"I'm pretty much like this." Laira said as she kept walking alongside the brunette with her roguish grin. Laira wasn't all that reserved in her mannerisms, allowing herself to act as she wanted and felt like regardless of situation, scenery, or time. If she wanted to dance, she did. If she wanted to eat an entire nerf steak, she would. And if she wanted to laugh and cut up with a stranger, she could.

Right now she wanted to cut loose and chat up her new acquaintance until she could get a feel for the brunette and figure out what and who her companion was. Not her name, but how she acted and thought. What defined the cute brunette padawan named Stephanie.

Laira had some interesting beliefs on Jedi, especially those she hadn't encountered before. From her friends, she knew only a little of the Silver Jedi and few had anything good to say about them. But those friends disliked all Jedi or had a great distaste for what modern Jedi had become. Laira couldn't really blame them for their disdain, anyone that tried to contain her in a box of what they thought was right was unlikely to keep Laira's attention. But that didn't mean the Silver Jedi were bad or evil, only that they had a way they wanted things done.

Stephanie had a lot to say, and she was for the most part right as far as the redhead was concerned. Some Jedi became dogmatic, some became lax or foolish, and their reputations stained any who called themselves Jedi. To so many in the Galaxy the Jedi and the Sith were considered two sides of the same coin, revolving oppression and destruction for different purposes. For Laira, being a Jedi was a great responsibility, not to any order or government, but to everyone in the galaxy. And it could be very hard for outsiders to see that.

"No, no. I don't mean what the Silver Jedi do, I meant what do you do." Laira reiterated, pointing at the brunette. "What do you do for fun, what things do you like? That stuff."

Stephanie Swail

"Oh! Oh, sorry – I thought you meant me as in the Silvers, sorry."

Stephanie laughed awkwardly, shaking her head to dust the cobwebs away. Always thinking about service and duty and her role. But also to try and form an answer that she didn’t really know the answer to. Well, she DID but it was rather boring.

Still, honesty was all she knew.

"Well..." she started and stopped as soon as she had begun. In the distance, the faint outline of a village could be seen. "I like to read. I studied a lot of text back in my early years, galactic history and all that. Just trying to understand how we came to be where we are some. Key players and the politics behind it; worlds that we have lost and ones that house secrets even today. So much to be explored still I think."

She grinned and knew it was a drab answer.

"Um…" she snorted a little laugh, "…this is embarrassing. I don’t really do much. At one point I opted to help model for an agency, but that was a waste of my time and I never wanted to do it again. Felt like a right fool. Bar that, I don’t have many friends and my social time is spent in and around the company of the Silvers and our allies, but I am fine with that."

Pursing her lips, she gave a small nod to confirm that was the right answer.

"Can I ask Laira, do you live here? As in, would you be able to show me around a little? If you did live here of course, excuse my assumption, you just seem so…at ease here."

Laira listened to Stephanie talk about reading, studying. She understood why the Jedi did all those things the Redhead thought to be boring and her explanations made sense, however such a life style didn't endear the adventurous princess to the Jedi way of life. Where was all the adventure, the lightsaber battles, the protecting the weak from the Dark Side? While she could understand that not all of Jedi Life was like that, but she had hoped to hear such stories from an older padawan.

"Oh, how scandalous. A Jedi Model." Laira teased, turning to walk backwards and face the Jedi Padawan. Looking her over and holding her hands so that they formed a rectangle acting like she was snapping Holo-Pictures, "But, I can see it. You have the face and the figure for modelling. Sad you didn't keep it going, could have shattered the Jedi Glass Ceiling."

"And allies are important, you eventually become closer friends with the people you share combat with than any you develop elsewhere. But friends you don't have to see die are always good to have." In war and conflict there was always death. Laira had lost her fair share of wingmen and squad mates over the course of the War and it was always hard to get up and move on, but it was necessary.

However not all things were so dour and the redhead felt it was important to enjoy her free time and not dwell on the horrors of combat. "I'm not from here. Just visiting. Explorin. But I can show you around some, but of course you will owe me a meal, ExplorCorps rations ain't great and I've got no other company." Laira moved to wrap her arm around the Jedi Padawan so she could begin pointing things out and guide her along the path to the Village she had already visited, if very shortly.

Stephanie Swail

Pulling a less than impressed face, Stephanie blew a small raspberry and waved Laira away.

"Please. I am sure I was being used – it was over in a week or so, and I never heard from the one running it again. I don’t know why I even did it. I guess I just wanted to feel…alive."

It was a silly escapade. Still, nobody knew – bar Laira – and nobody probably even saw the silly test shots. The few credits she got for it went to good use back in the Silver Rest anyway. Up ahead as the trees seemed to part, the village came into view, surrounded by a low perimeter wall but no sign of any defensive installations or security.

Her Republic training always flared up in new places; looking for danger or military signs. There seemed to be none here. Just a bustling village that seemed to be very much alive.

Stephanie turned and smiled to Laira as she accepted her arm. Maybe she had found another friend?

"My only friends….no, I don’t really have friends. Maybe one, two? Three if you want to be lumped in with them." She squeezed her arm and patted it. "My life has been about serving the good of the galaxy, and I don’t know anything else, so those who stand with me are allies, but those who truly connect with me I would see as friends beyond battle."

She looked at a small group of children playing as they came into the main outer yard of the village.

"I’m sorry you’ve not got much, and yes, I will buy us something to eat, of course! It’s the least I could do. Can’t have you running out of steam exploring the galaxy can we now."

Laira shrugged, raising an eyebrow at Stephanie as they walked. "Yeah I could see that." She retorted when Stephanie claimed she thought the modelling agency had been some form of scam or something. She could see it, Laira could understand why too as vain as she was, the redhead had no problems acknowledging others for their assets and skills. "You'll have to show me your poses and walk so I can judge them, but you've certainly got the figure for it."

Friends? Laira wasn't so sure they qualified as friends yet, but her requirements were not the same as the Padawan's. For Laira she required proof that she could trust someone, she had to have seen it when it mattered. When there were things at stake and there could be consequences. That said, she was more than willing to be friendly with Stephanie, and for reasons that had nothing to do with the fact she was cute or a Jedi.

"Alright, so lets connect. I'll tell you a little about myself, then you tell me about yourself and we will try to see if we have any common ground." Laira smiled, squeezing the older Jedi tightly, "So, I like flying. I don't know exactly what it is, but I feel like I enjoy the danger of it, the risk of being shot down and the pride and being better than the rest. Stupid I know, but if I'm being honest, that's what it is. Hmm, I like long walks on the beach and through nice little woodland paths, don't mind curling up and reading or watching a Holofilm for down time. I'm more of a nerf steak and fries girl than a salad." She put a finger to her lips, grey eyes looking up while she pondered more of what she could say about herself and what she was like. "I prefer a nice personality to smoldering good looks, but both is best. Oh, and for some reason most dates I go on I end up killing something, so we will have to cross that bridge sooner or later."

Stephanie Swail

As Laira talked, Stephanie smiled and nodded encouragingly, a few "mhms" here and there, playing a mental checklist of all the attribute the pilot bore.

They walked up a small incline into what appeared to be a large courtyard, branching off into various areas of the village; back out to the countryside and fields or inwards to the homes and small businesses. It looked like market traders were out, as well as what seemed to be some baton-weilding officials walking in pairs. So there WAS some government in place maybe? Some law and order? The atmosphere was vibrant and it felt like the two strangers were already at home.

"Silly question, but, just think, have you ever wanted to take a stand with, say, a Jedi Order? I mean I'm not telling you to or asking you too, and certainly not leaving your Corps, but you sound sort of, well, like me. A thirst for adventure, the thrill of battle and not sitting back twiddling your thumbs waiting for something to happen. You MAKE it happen, and you're brave and headsure."

She gave a definitive nod.

"The galaxy needs people like us. These people need people like us. Ones who will do what is right to preserve the peace, but not come to conquer or destroy. Fight to give others hope. Live so others don't die, and then die so others can live."

She cocked her head a little and sighed.

"And not going to lie, you like the same foods and share the right hobbies as I do so you'll not be short of company when you're not saving the galaxy."

A small shiver ran up her back and she looked away. She was...confused again. Was this one of those dates? Certainly it was a social thing. She was enjoying Laira's company. That was all. The words didn't always...match up to how Stephanie thought. That, and she didn't like latching on.

The Padawan patted the pilot's hand and tipped her chin up.

"Look. Hot food. You want to eat something now, or go exploring. You have to earn a good meal remember and you need to show me something I can take back to my Masters about this place."

She turned in front of Laira and held her hands up like scales - this way, that way, which way. She smirked, a goofy look on her face.

Laira let out a small laugh, not intending to be disrespectful to the Padawan's suggestion but the thought of her being tied to an Order was hilarious to the pretty redhead. "I don't think one would take me!" She grinned widely, "I've always liked the idea of being a Jedi, but I'm not sure the life is for me. The rules, the authority, the lifestyle. And no offense, but robes don't exactly show off my assets very well." She shimmied a little bit, gesturing to herself so that the Jedi might understand what she was talking about. She liked clothes, money, having positions and free time. Laira eventually wanted someone to spend her life adventuring with, and the Jedi weren't exactly known for accentuating those aspects of life.

The little village wasn't so bad off, they had passed a number of carpenters working out in their yard on a cabinet of some sorts with their hands and primitive tools. Laira had heard of hand-carved wood being one of the aristocracy's finer points, something only the rich could afford anymore. The small garrison of law enforcement were similarly plain, wielding batons while they pointed at loiterers and told them to move along. For a planet that had developed space travel as far as she was aware, they were adorably backwards. She half expected to find her father living in a place like this if he could ever truly retire from palace life.

The thought of joining the Jedi had intrigued her, and during the redhead's travels she had come across some Jedi she agreed with and some she fundamentally disagreed with. Everyone had a different take on what made a person a Jedi, what it truly meant to bear the title and the legacy that went with it. In her youth, her mother raised her with fantastic tales about legendary Jedi warriors and peacekeepers, but in the end Laira was unsure of herself in that regard. Responsibility was something she was actively running away from, she couldn't run into more and be held accountable for even more people than she already was. "I don't mind helping folks that need it, but I have no intention of dying in the process. Self-sacrifice isn't one of my strong suits, neither is being the beacon of light people need."

"I have to earn a good meal!" Laira exclaimed, feigning shock at the proposition of having to earn her food, "Why Padawan Swail, I think we will have to come to an agreement." Her expression shifted, smirking roguishly and stormy grey eyes filled with playful mischief and devilry. "I'll take you exploring first, but when we go eat you have to show me what came of that little week of modeling you did. All the juicy details and photos. And wear a nice dress."

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie had to agree - sometimes she wasn't a fan of the rules and boundaries that seemed to linger above their heads. Even the robes were a little much; they seemed to reduce ones ability to retain individuality.

"I promise it's not THAT bad. Even now I work with the Order to try bend rules, adhere them, make them relevant. We can't be like people expected us to be 1000 years ago, so we have to change. To adapt." She smiled. "You could introduce a new fashion sense. Lead the way to make us all look as good and ready for adventure as you."

The two walked on past the market vendor and towards the opposite side of the village.

"We wouldn't want you to die for others, forgive me, that's just my silly ideal. I've little to live for - wow, what a winning trait, huh? - but I'm getting there. I just meant sometimes when everything looks bleak, I find that if I have to do something so drastic and selfless for others, then maybe I could be of some good. Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT to...die...and I'm going to change this topic because it's far too morbid and I'm sorry!"

Looking away, Stephanie rolled her eyes and cursed. What was she doing? Why was she talking like...like...some preacher? Laira wouldn't care about this - she was a pilot. An adventurer who knew what she wanted and how she wanted to get it.

"And by the way, I've got photos on my datapad but I don't have a dress. I own two - both black, and they're thankfully buried away in my room on Kashyyyk as I looked stupid in them so you'll have to make do with the boring robe for today."

It was definatley something to push - the robes didn't and shouldn't always be the call sign of Jedi. Practicality and comfort and feeling like yourself was key to serving a Jedi out in the field, and maybe some fashion tips could be taken from this red-head.

A few mental notes here and there wouldn't hurt.

"Oh, I'm sure some of your masters would be just thrilled," Laira retorted playfully as they passed a market area of the village. Some sold different foods such as cheese, fruits, nuts and berries; others with brightly colored fabrics they had spun themselves. Laira almost decided to divert their exploration long enough to get Stephanie fitted for a dress, however she had some in her stuff she could spare. A little black number which would probably work for the woman and might pair nicely with the red one she planned on wearing.

"Thank you Steph, really. I do appreciate the invitation but I'm not cut out to be a Jedi. I don't mind helping as I can, when I'm able though." Laira wasn't willing to settle into a position where she was required to take up enormous responsibility. She preferred the autonomous and headstrong life she was getting to do alongside RESINT where she could go where she wanted, when it suited her, and do as she pleased in her off time. Jedi didn't like flirty young padawans who drank too much on occasion and tested their skills with a certain amount of thrill.

Eventually, Laira listened to what Stephanie thought about being selfless and it worried the redhead. While she was almost certain of her own immortality, the mortality of others was a subject she was constantly reminded of in the Resistance. People die, a lot of them people she liked or would have wanted to know better. Laira considered hugging Steph tightly and holding her to let her know she would be missed, but she couldn't. The pretty Jedi Padawan wanted to move on and if the princess dwelled upon the subject, it might have dragged up memories for the padawan she didn't want to think about. Instead Laira just offered her a reassuring squeeze.

"I have a dress that you would look drop dead gorgeous in. It might be a little loose around the chest, but it'll fit you. But that's for dinner." She pointed off into the woods on the far side of the village from where they had met. "If we go that way a few miles, we'll find something you can show off to your masters. They'll appreciate you for it too. They are allowed to appreciate you yes?" She grinned widely, starting to skip off in the woods in the direction she had gestured.

She was excited about a hike through the woods, especially with kind company that was likewise easy on the eyes.

Stephanie Swail

The variety of home-grown and home-made foods was tempting as they passed, and Stephanie eyed up the various fresh, colourful foods. She pushed her lip out a little to refrain from nibbling them at the food on display – the fruit and what look liked fresh pastries were tempting her in. But they didn’t stop, thankfully. Yet she marked where this place was for later.

"Hm?" Stephanie turned at hearing Laira. "Oh, no, that’s very kind, you don’t have to…" subconsciously, her hand patted the robe over her chest and she suddenly felt inclined to mentally compare. Loose in the chest? Well, maybe not that loose. "..don’t worry if you’ve not got anything, I’m not pressing you!"

The incline dropped a little as they came out of the village from another direction faced with more woodland that seemed to surround about half of it where they were. The oranges and greens took over and Laira seemed to know the way without thinking.

"Well, Laira, yes they appreciate anyone and anything, the Masters. Truth be told I could do with their appreciation as of recent weeks. It’s been a tough time that’s for sure, and I wonder how many lives I have left. But don’t thank me, because if you ever need anything or do want to help, our doors are always open and I would be thrilled to have someone like you side with us and teach others."

With a smile, she followed in suit and pushed from low hanging vines out of the way that led into the woodland.

"So what are we looking for, Miss ExplorCorps."

"It's no trouble," Laira called, referring to the dress she was going to let Stephanie borrow, "You can always model it for me, show me you strut and poses to make it up to me." The redhead was grinning, more or less enjoying the little playful teasing at the Jedi Padawan about her modelling career. Laira was sure that the Padawan had done fairly well, even if she had of been a little awkward and unsure of herself in the process. Despite how adorable Stephanie's humility was, in this case it was unnecessary, but Laira was more than willing to capitalize on it a little in order to get what she wanted.

She skipped through the woodlands, ducking to avoid low hanging vines and jumping over the occasional log or stone in the earth. The slight incline of the earth slowed their travel a bit as the woodlands suddenly became an expanse of sloping hills and soft lowlands as they stretched through the temperate forest in the beginning months of spring. "Well, good because they are going to love this if the villagers told me right." She grinned and kept leading the padawan out into the forests. "You might even get a 'thank you nod' or whatever rewards Jedi like to give."

The sound of song birds fluttered through the sky, the occassional crumple of old leaves from a nearby rodent making its way out of the two girls path, adding to the subtle sounds of nature as the pair made their way through the woodlands. The Force itself was calm and in balance, peaceful and serene on this world. Near what Laira might call Paradise for a short period of time before the stars called her to adventure once more.

"We are looking for a creek, or a gentle river." She said, looking for the proper landmarks she had been told about as they reached the top of the first hill. "There, the spot we are looking for should be in that direction." She pointed between two saddle-ridge mountains about five or six kilometers away. "Between those two mountains is what they said." Not only was the river she was looking for there, but also supposedly a cave the locals had told her about, rarely visited if ever. That's where she wanted to look to see if a Resistance Base could be placed, but part of her hoped that it would not do.

As much as Stephanie said these people needed them, they needed to be left alone, left out of the war just as much. If they could find and keep their peaceful lives on this world without provoking the Sith or the First Order, or the Empire to destroying this quiet planet, then the Silver Jedi and the Resistance shouldn't risk bringing it to them.

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie couldn't help a shake of the head with her smile as they started off. Laira certainly wasn't backwards in coming forwards, but she was kind hearted and was at least sticking to her word.

The planet opened up before them - tree arches led the way over gravel paths and they were framed by babbling brooks and green fields. Even small stone structures were passed, the odd native nodding and getting on with their daily life. No evident roar of engines, speeders or holonet communications - just nature, and the Force.

As they crested the hill Laira led them up, she gave something for Stephanie to look for.

"Ok..."

She shrugged off her brown robe and draped it over her arm as she looked outwards. The Hapan gown she wore, her own personal item of clothing, had seen better days and had been patched up as best she could, but she probably didn't look as regal as she did without the robes hiding it.

"Well if the brook we passed follows the curve of the planet," she turned and traced their steps, "then it should be...over there." Her hand rose to point across to the mountains, one eye closed as she lined up her finger to the right hand side. "Let's go. Heading to the right, look, you can see the water, and the sun reflecting. There's a lake beside the mountainside. I reckon that will be the way into your mountains and finding what you seek."

The Padawan set off, a quiet pride brimming that - hopefully - would lead them to where the pilot wanted to go. She felt whatever they needed was there, waiting. But what it was? That was a good question.

"Care to share what we are looking for? Or am I just going to get you there, and then you reveal all? Hm?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom