Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bars are a great place to meet people

Char-Li sat down silently in a small bar in the sort of underground of Coruscant. He was bored and needed something to do while he wait for the next fool to try to bring him into a stupid job that he'll have to take up. Char-Li wasn't one to really socialize, even if he was in a bar, he merely came for the drinks and for the possible job that could come. But of course, nothing truly came to him easily, so he learned to be patient, much like a sniper for his prey.

A girl, taken by some guy. A mandalorian, Ewok...wait, Ewok? Okay. A wookie, some guy, and a bunch of civilians.

Was it going to be boring, waiting for no one to hire him? Yeah, probably. He couldn't help but sigh as he took off his helmet, laying it on the table as a drink has slid over to him, in return he gave him a couple of Credits to the bartender who didn't really pay too much attention to the man, who looked an awful like Jango Fett or his clones. He raised to glass as if to toast the air before downing the drink rather hastily.

It was if to be able to remember old memories, then forget them instantly. That's what drinking was to him. He had to remember the old memories, bad or good, then forget them almost instantly. He wanted to focus on the new memories he had, which were essentially how to survive in his new life.

His armor was covered in a cloak, given to him in Tatooine, the material was light and covered his body almost completely. The only thing that was visible by the arm parts of his armor along with the neck up. Of course, his helmet and the visor would be, whether the hood was on or not. He hadn't really done much to his hair, aside form a single braid on the side of his head. He didn't like cutting nor grooming it, not that it'd matter whether the helmet was on or not, he just liked the style and the fact that it could hide his face when he needed to hide it.

Bored...bored bored bored, bored and lonely and I need to find a job fast before I start stealing people's stuff again.

The Mandalorian downed another drink before the bartender came over and poured him a drink, thick liquid with a strong kick back, the way he likes his liquor. Char-Li set down his credits for the man to take up before letting him leave. This wasn't something that he'd normally spend his credits on but it was money well spent either way. Alcohol is like an anesthetic, but rage is a better anesthetic than alcohol, he's merely fueling up his rage. Rage of a lost life, angry of people that took away his life.

Laughing Ka-Aver passed through the doorway.

"I am telling yuz, I thought that waz it - I thought I waz done for... *hicup*" the weequay looked as if owned the place. With a smirk on his face he pushed a gentleman to the side at the bar. Not enough to make him trip, but enough to show that he did think himself too important to be standing in line.

Without a second glance at the man he demanded the attention of the barkeep, and got it.

"Kezzel Rum! For me and my matez! Hurryz upz!" he ordered and turned to where he thought his friends were. He stared into empty air.

"Wuz in the hellz... where did theyz goez? I wuz juzt aboot to tell me ztory.." he blinked and wiped his mouth.

[member="Thraxis"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Char-Li Luzerei"]

Char-Li broke from his thought when he was pushed aside, causing his attention to move to the Weequay before calming down. He couldn't help but laugh at the man as he moved passed him, almost wanting to either strike or laugh at the person's face.

"Y'know, there are other seats," he said to the man before relaxing in his spot, scooting his drink back and in front of him.

He almost hated drunks, sort of out of envy but mainly out of disgust. How can someone be so careless to put themselves in this state of mind and yet be so content with themselves? It was almost careless in a way.

He Mandalorian wasn't one to judge too harshly, but it was just a thought.

@Ka-Aver

[member="Char-Li Luzerei"] [member="Ka-Aver"]

The card was dealt, a 7. Brent could've leapt for joy, but he kept his Pazaak face on, expressionless. He was sitting at 19, a solid hand.

"Standing up," Brent said, grabbing his drink and leaning against the wall watching to see what his opponent would draw.

The Rodian sitting across from him got a nervous glint in his eye as he waited for his next card. The Rodian took a sip of his drink as the card was dealt and Brent choked on his beer as he saw the value of it.

An 8, putting the Rodian at 23, a bomb out. Brent couldn't help but smile as he sat back down and reached for the credit pile in the middle of the table.

"Not so fast," the Rodian spat out in his little bug voice, reaching out and turning over his last side deck card, a -3, effectively putting him at 20, and winning the last round.

"Why you little Kath Hound," Brent said slamming his glass down and reaching over the table grabbing the little alien by the front of his tunic.

"Hey!" the Rodian squealed, "Fair is fair! You lost let me go!"

Brent kept a hold of the Rodian and pulled him closer so they were almost face to face leaning over the table, "Take your credits and get out before I break your hands you kriffing little mudlicker."

He let the Rodian go and watched the bug-eyed green alien scoop up his credits and vanish out of the bar. Good riddance Brent thought, he made me spill my beer. With that in mind he walked over to the bar and got the attention of the bartender and demanded a shot of Cortyg Brandy.

As the man walked away to grab the glass Brent watched as a Weequay walked in with a group of people and boisterously push another man, who happened to be a Mando, aside and demand loudly for a drink.

"Hey barkeep," Brent called after the man poured some vile looking drink for the Weequay and his pals, "Make that two shots."

Thraxis was walking with the Weequay, a large glass phial held in his left hand, filled with some brown slush, Thraixs turned for a few moments, wondering where the others had vanished too, "Huh... wonder where they went off too." he inquired, curious as to where the others had vanished too, "Must have gotten lost in the crowd, Oh well, Come on [member="Ka-Aver"], lets gets some more booze!" Thraxis yelled, though he had seen that the Weequay must have kept walking.

Thraxis walked back up to the Weequay, hearing the last off his sentence as he trailed off, "Don't worry yourself buddy, I'm here." he sighed, slowly pulling up his phial and taking a large drink from his brown swill.
[member="Cadan Tazi"]
[member="Brent Warnel"]
[member="Tiali Orazio"]

Char-Li saw more and by the way their demeanor foretold the Mando'a outcast, he knew they were some sort of gang or otherwise. He hated scum like them, pay check for Hutts weren't always something Char-Li would take up because of the sheer fact that they'd end up screwing you over or you're protecting a war criminal. He didn't want that blood on his hands.

"Vheh'ade," He spat out with a bit of hatred, meaning the word animals in Mando'a.

Char-Li began toward the otherside of the bar, wanting nothing to do with the men near him and merely wanting a job, that's really one of the only reasons Mandalorians like him would visit bars, and it was general knowledge, normally.

[member="Thraxis"]
[member="Brent Warnel"]
[member="Ka-Aver"]

(And whoever else, sorry for some reason I can't add everyone in :p)

Ka-Aver lit up as [member="Thraxis"] finally showed up.

"Therez youz are! I waz being worried!" he let out loud and clear. " Zay, do youz remember when we hit that freighter? Hum? Freakin dark lord zithy thing showed up? Hum? We all had to... ztep really carefull, youz know, heh? Well on the last job I met another of thoze. Yeah... big fellah with a hammerz! I am zurprized I am ztill around!" Ka-Aver downed another shot and looked at [member="Char-Li Luzerei"] who said something in a foreign language. Even though he did not understand it it was not his first time around bars. The tone of the voice was not friendly. He made a mental note to have an eye open.

He then turned to [member="Brent Warnel"] and smiled.

"Good choize there! Youz got tazte!" he toasted.

"Of course I do," Brent replied to the Wee-Quay, "I'm Mandalorian."

He turned away from the drunken alien and his friends as the other Mando started down the bar closer towards him.

"Here," Brent said as the man settled himself down nearby, "Have one on me, and stay away from that Besom."

Brent set the other shot in front of the Mando and moved back to his seat, downing his in one go.

He looked at the Wee-Quay and his pals as they boisterously drank and lost even more control of themselves and Brent sneered at the lack of self control among the group. So far they hadn't made a nuisance of themselves, but if they did, he would gladly show them through door back into the lower city.

Until then though, he thought he would try some small talk, so he glanced back at the Mando sitting beside him and asked, "What're you looking for here mate?"

"Work, something to do other than wait in places like these," he said rather calm and emotionless, not really one to show distaste unless absolutely necessary. He needed pay so he could head to Coruscant or some place near by, the most likely destination however would be Mandalore, find his routes and take up some type of settlement or something there. Sure, he looked exactly like, sounded, even moved and fought like Jango, but he wasn't Jango.

"Also, you don't happen to be of Mando'a descent, do you?" That meant that Char-Li was curious whether or not this man's attire matched.

Mandalorians had a special place in his heart, he considered them as one of him and family, more than just brothers, something a bit higher of regard, maybe actual brothers, who knows. He was sentimental like that, but hell, there was only one way to know, asking was one, but the language gave the truth. One of the six tenants, the ones he's learned by heart.

[member="Brent Warnel"]

There was something almost... quaint about the cantina Grace stood outside. The small hovel buried in Coruscant's undercity was almost always a good place to find violent people. Smiling, she stepped inside the empty doorframe and into the establishment.

The first thing that hit her was the reach of alcohol. The unmistakable smell, mixed with the vomit of the drunken Nerf herder who had just been kicked out and hadn't been cleaned, combined with the sweat of angry men, was almost too much for someone who frequented the upper city.

Almost.

The drunken [member="Ka-Aver"] and his apparent companion in [member="Thraxis"] relieved a quick look from the lady. Nothing more. They seemed to be to drunk to think straight. That was never good. But the others at the bar.....

Mandolorian. The very thought filled her with dread. Saber-proof armor, trained in combat from a young age. She had a lot of respect for their warrior culture, but that didn't mean she liked dealing with them. Credits were a better ideal for a merc than personal glory. fighting for glory and honor meant they may give the option for a fair fight. Still, the galaxy had few better warriors, and they had a history of being manipulated. Maybe.....

"This is a dangerous side of the galaxy for that language, boys." she said, smoothing the cocktail dress she wore as she sat next to [member="Brent Warnel"]. "The Sith won't take too kindly to Mandos after their help in the invasion."

Brent nodded to the truthfulness to the other Mandalorians answer. What other reason was their to come here other than to play cards or find a job you'd likely die trying to complete. He was about to reply when [member="Char-Li Luzerei"] asked another question.

The second question hit a rather sore spot for Brent. He had Mando running through his veins, but he didn't embrace his heritage until he was in his early twenties.

"My father came from Mandal'yaim, but he left the culture behind. I just now found myself, my true self, back with the clans."

Brent was about to add more when he noticed [member="Grace Darkson"] enter the bar. She moved with a fluid grace that Brent could appreciate as she looked disdainfully at the Wee-Quay and his companions and...made her way towards him.

"This is a dangerous side of the galaxy for that kind of language, boys," she said as she smoothed her rather striking dress and sat down next to him. "The Sith won't take too kindly to Mandos after their help in the invasion."

"The Sith don't take kindly to anything," Brent replied, tapping his power boot on his injured foot, "Besides, I couldn't care what the Sith think. But I do care about why you decided to interupt my chat with my friend here, care to explain?"

Grace smiled at [member="Brent Warnel"]'s response. Confidence was always a useful thing, and this man held it in spades. "It's simply a friendly warning. Don't want you to accidentally brand yourselves enemies of the state." Glancing around, she let her face fall for a moment. "Besides, what other options does a bored girl have around here? The drunken pile of wrinkles over there?" she asked, pointing over to @Ka-Aver. Wrinkling her nose in disgust, she looked around again. "Bartender, a Corillian Whiskey, if you would." She doubted that the place actually had any of the real stuff, or that it did before the Breaking. Authentic Whiskey like that could bankrupt a place like this for just one bottle. Ah, well. Even the fake stuff was passable.

As the drink arrived, the Vahla drank a sip with a touch of a grimace. A bit much for her. she hadn't expected it to taste like that. Hmm.

"Sith are scum of the galaxy, Jedi are the hypocrites, everything else is what it is."

He nodded and Brent's reply, grinning softly and rather kindly as he gave a rather gravelly chuckle, "As long as you have the blood, you're Mandalorian." He, like many others, have soft spokes for Mandalorians, due to the fact that he was shared cultures with them. Friend was a bit of a disappointment, Char-Li considered all Mandalorians family, one way or another.

Sith were people he'd rarely align with, Jedi being a bit more common but never in a true alliance. He talked to a Padawan once, but never enjoyed the little one's response to his presence. Sith however, regarded Mandalorians a bit differently, well some do, but he'd never directly fight Sith or Jedi alike, but he'd do business with them.

[member="Grace Darkson"]
[member="Brent Warnel"]

Although being ignored in general the weequay seemed to be enjoying himself. He spent large sums of credits and recieved a bulk of service from the bar to show their appreciation of it. Now and then he and his comrade joked about some war memory or whatever it was they refered to in between drinks.

As [member="Grace Darkson"] cast her disdainful glare Ka-Aver furrowed his brow somewhat but resorted into returning a simple wink of the eye. He had seen humans do that often enough to know it held many meanings, hopefully this was a situation where it came of As intended.

[member="Brent Warnel"]
[member="Thraxis"]

"The Sith have been my enemy for a long time," Brent said darkly staring at the women sitting next to him, "But don't dismiss the drinks from the scum of the universe over there, he's dishing out more credits than I care to even think about."

He watched her take a drink of the whiskey and his lip twitched upward in a smirk as her expression told him she hadn't been expecting the kick from that.

"We like to order all kinds of drinks in this dive, whether we get what we order or not, we try not to think of that too much," Brent told her as her face returned mostly to normal.

Brent turned his head and listened to the other Mando say his piece before he nodded in response to [member="Char-Li Luzerei"] statement. Truer words had never been said. Anyone who used the force had some type of..."godly" sense about themselves. Thinking they were above those who didn't have communication with the force. They thought they could just walk all over anyone and manipulate who they wanted too without any consequences.

"I'm doing my best to get back in touch with my culture," Brent told the two sitting with him, thinking of the culture he still didn't know enough about made him somewhat homesick, so he decided now was as good a time as any to leave, "I still have much to learn, much to live up too. I need to go back to Mandal'yaim and be with my people. Next round is on me friends, one last toast before I leave these slums behind me."

[member="Ka-Aver"]
[member="Grace Darkson"]

Thraxis was idly amused by the bickering of Mandolorians and Siths, laughing with [member="Ka-Aver"] and returning to distant memories of war and the joys it brought. Though after a while he started to realize that him and the his buddy were getting ignored, leaning closer to his friend he whispered, "These Mandos and Sith, have you ever noticed that it seems to define them. Like none of them are their own person." he whispers to his friend, he had experience with both types before, and it almost seemed to him like they were all the same, never an individual.
[member="Brent Warnel"]
[member="Grace Darkson"]

Char-Li grinned before raising his metallic glass in a bit of a toast, "To our culture then and to the last time we will ever see each other for a long time," he says, a bit of a farewell of sorts. Was it goodbye? Probably, probably not, but he'd most likely just try to stowaway for a ride somewhere nearby, go planet hopping most likely.

[member="Brent Warnel"]

Ka-Aver leaned back toward [member="Thraxis"]

"Yuz, I have notized. Zeen a couplez of mandoez in the white palaze but never got real cloze, to peoud to care perhapz?" the weequay downed his drink and fell silent as [member="Char-Li Luzerei"] passed. He nodded slightly wether the man recognised or ignored him.

[member="Grace Darkson"]
[member="Brent Warnel"]

Brent threw back the last drink and got up to leave, giving [member="Grace Darkson"] a nod before moving past her and clapping the other Mando on the shoulder as he moved past to exit the dive. He unclipped his helmet where it was dangling on his belt and held it in the crook of his arm.

As he made to leave though, a thought occured to him and he turned back, "You know," Brent told [member="Char-Li Luzerei"] "I could use a co-pilot, my ship isn't the nicest tub out there, but she gets me where I need to go just fine. There's no terms or conditions, just an offer."

Char-Li nodded softly, looking back toward the other as he downed the drink, "I wouldn't mind that, as long as I know where exactly we're going," He says as he stood up, leaving a few credits on the table and sliding his helmet on, sealing it before adjusting the cloak over his body.

There wasn't much Char-Li wouldn't do, killing Jedi and Sith were one of them, Mandos being the very top.

[member="Brent Warnel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom