Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banned Item List Update

There has been an additional item added to the Banned List in the Factory, following discussions which labelled it as a Superweapon. While this is not noted upon the official Wookieepedia List, the sheer amount of planet-wide damage it causes puts it on-par with the others.

This change is marked in green below. Any use of this item within Factory Submissions should be retroactively altered through the Submission Modification thread, and Staff/Factory Judges reserve the right to make the edits themselves.

[SIZE=27pt]Banned Items[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]i. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Banned Items are not permitted to be used in canon role-play threads on Star Wars RP: Chaos without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]ii.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Banned Items are not permitted to be used in submissions within the Factory without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]iii. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Banned Items are only permitted to be used in Non-Canon role-play threads or Non-Canon Campaign threads.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]B[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]C[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Celestial Technology[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]D[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]E[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]F[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]G[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]H[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Hypergate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]I[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]J[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]K[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]L[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]M[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]N[/SIZE]
Neutron Bomb
[SIZE=18pt]O[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]P[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Plagiarism:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Any obvious use of material from outside the Star Wars universe, including but not limited to: Gundam Wing, Halo, Marvel, DC Universe, Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy, Star Trek, etc. Attempted plagiarism could result in disciplinary action as it directly contradicts Star Wars RP: Chaos’s General Rules.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]Q[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Quantum-crystalline Armor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]R[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]S[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Stargate ( See: Hypergate )[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Superweapons[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]T[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]U[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]V[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]W[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]X[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]Y[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]Z [/SIZE]

Urmax Pholoka

U
Question: if its considered a superweapon, then why add it if we already have superweapons listed?

Darth Kentarch said:
Funny I can't have a neutron bomb. But I can have a MIRV which is classified as a much more deadly weapon than the neutron bomb.
We don't ban things until they become a problem, then we retcon it's usage. So sure, you can have a MIRV, until someone reports you for using it and Staff decides it's too OP.

@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]
Real life stuffs:
Neutron Bombs are thermonuclear weapons (AKA a Hydrogen Bomb). While you could say there is not much difference between them and atomic, there is. In this case, a neutron bomb is built with a much thinner shielding case, which allows at detonation; for much more of the energy to be released as radiation and ionized partials.

This weapon was developed to defeat Soviet and Warsaw Pact armored divisions while leaving infrastructure intact should the Reds ever attack Europe. The problem with this weapon though is that if detonated in the atmosphere, low anyways. The lethal area of effect that the neutrons could kill in is limited, because the surrounding air is very good at absorbing neutrons. Against modern armor such a weapon is now considered to be useless for its purpose, as tanks now have much better/thicker armor and radiation shielding in the design. You'd have to blast them less than 50-100 meters to maybe kill the crew that way, but the blast would most likely do that for you. High air burst I'd imagine it may serve as a good EMP weapon with the ionized partials, but I didn't see anything on that application.

All in all this weapon is outdated and only serves one purpose; which is an area of denial weapon (irradiating a small area to kill anyone in it or not allow anyone in it while leaving stuff intact. Conventional atomic or hydrogen weapons are much more effective. Even serving in this purpose. Burst them higher in the air, avoid the harsher fallout effects, cover a wider area.

Star Wars stuffs:
In Star Wars as a space weapon (Mark (Circi) as Admiral whats his Sith) used them on those Tie Detonators to cripple ships. I'd imagine their interior is durasteel lets say, and doors seal areas off as they're not open all the time, this weapon probably wouldn't be able to cripple a ship entirely through radiation. Though it would destroy the hangar, irradiate it, and probably open it up to the vacuum of space by destroying the door shielding, and bulk back the interior area from the blast, so ya, it'd work, but so would any other nuke.
We never had a ruling on it though, so status quo was it irradiated most of the ship, killing the crew. This was at Yaga Minor vs. the Mandos. So whatever their largest ship o' the line was the base.

@[member="Tamara"]

Now my thoughts on this verdict:
If this weapon as its probably thought of by my description in the blue area above, (Is or close anyways). Its way deadlier than its real world counterpart. Using one of these on a ship or battlefield is an insta / near enough weapon. Basically if your in the zone, and not shielded in a tank or something a mile away. Your dead. That kind of makes for not so fun RP. Not even the death defying Super Jed™ we have these days could even hope to survive this.

On that note though if this type of weapon is going to be banned. Its iffy to leave every other nuke type available to use. Simply because no matter the type, destruction is off the scale. And against PC players, if no stopped, its a bye bye weapon. Which is not fair. Now on this I'll make my suggestion to the administration to ban the use of nuclear weaponry directly against another player. (No pressing the button and sending a nuke hurtling towards Bob's person). But maybe allow them to still serve in indirect rolls. Roflstomping NPC armies, EMP weaponry use, story based use. Anything that is not sent or used to try an insta death someone else.

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Look, my sister is on that list under "T" right under super weapon.

[SIZE=27pt]Banned Items[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]i. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Banned Items are not permitted to be used in canon role-play threads on Star Wars RP: Chaos without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]ii.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Banned Items are not permitted to be used in submissions within the Factory without the explicit permission of the SWRP Staff Team.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]iii. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Banned Items are only permitted to be used in Non-Canon role-play threads or Non-Canon Campaign threads.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]B[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]C[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Celestial Technology[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]D[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]E[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]F[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]G[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]H[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Hypergate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]I[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]J[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]K[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]L[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]M[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]N[/SIZE]
Neutron Bomb
[SIZE=18pt]O[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]P[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Plagiarism:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Any obvious use of material from outside the Star Wars universe, including but not limited to: Gundam Wing, Halo, Marvel, DC Universe, Dragonball Z, Final Fantasy, Star Trek, etc. Attempted plagiarism could result in disciplinary action as it directly contradicts Star Wars RP: Chaos’s General Rules.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]Q[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Quantum-crystalline Armor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]R[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]S[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Stargate ( See: Hypergate )[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Superweapons[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]T[/SIZE]
Tahira Solo
[SIZE=18pt]U[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]V[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]W[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]X[/SIZE]