Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ballroom Blitz

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena"]
The blond reached out and took her hand as she took the stage, his Queen, the princess of this little fairytale. So unlike their first meeting when he had to endure her improvised cooking whilst in chains. They had come a long way indeed since then, and little Felicity sitting by Lucinda was just one proof of that. His gaze remained focused on his bride, enjoying the moment before they would make their union official. The dais they would exchange their vows before was a small pillar of marble, engraved with wishes of a joyous future in various tongues, all micro-etched onto the surface. The music was winding down to allow them to speak.

The Eternal Queen
@Keter @[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Kalia Vondiranach"] @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Darron Wraith"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Padak Arciso"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"] @[member="Cecil Mason"] @[member="Lucy Verdikis"]

Feena tried not to remember their first meeting, but it had a way of sneaking up on her. They way they sat around a fire 'enjoying' her latest cooking attempt. He ate it anyway, just to be polite. That should have been a sign to her right there that they would be close.
And now, after all that, here they were.

As the music died Feena realized that he moment had come. He was waiting on her. Her breath caught in her throat. Her hands shook. She forgot what she wanted to say! There was a pause, her cheeks went bright pink. She really was a blushing bride now.

"I..."
Oh, this was awful! She was a public speaker and she was completely ruining her own wedding vows! She had this beautiful speech all practiced too!
Nothing she could do now. She would have to improvise.

"Once upon a time," she began, same as any fairytale, "there lived a lonely Queen and her knight."
She looked him right in his eyes before she continued.
"My knight. My Keter. After everything we've been through, I don't think anyone could have written it better. Our life together has not been simple. It has not been clean. It isn't a perfect love story.
But it is my love story. I wouldn't change a single page.
After today, we continue on as husband and wife. But the story isn't over. I know this is just the start and I look forward to writing page after page with you."

Cecil Mason

C
He was getting antsy. The longer he stood up there in front of everyone, even though they were mostly focused on his mother and Keter, the more he didn't want to be up there. The suit was uncomfortable. Standing in front of a bunch of people he didn't know was uncomfortable. What he wanted to do was move along to the end so that he could go find somewhere nice and quiet.

But he couldn't do that, so he forced himself to stand there and shift his weight from one foot to the next as he waited. Back and forth. It kept his mind on things other than his discomfort. He was just waiting to give the rings.

Keter

The Renegade
Keter was quiet for a moment after Feena stopped, the smile never leaving his face. "My Queen indeed. Feena...I do not have a speech prepared - no long talk of our time together, of my feelings for you, or promises for the future. That is all past us. All that I am, and ever will be, I pledged to you long ago. I am too much for words usually, but not on this day. The simple fact we are going through this is enough, that you accepted my proposal, to let me be a permanent part of your life. All I can truly say, Feena, my love, is all that I have said before. You are my Queen, and I am your loyal Knight, forever," he said, bowing his head to her slightly.

He usually was the one with the right response, the proper words all thought out. None of that was necessary here. He loved her, and that was enough. He didn't have to plot or scheme, since their relationship had never even been considered by him. It had proven to be a naturally developing thing, and he wasn't going to taint that now.

The blond turned to Cecil and nodded for hims to approach, taking the ring for Feena from the boy with an encouraging smile before turning back to his wife. "I pray our story never ends," he said softly, raising her hand. "Will you be my wife, Feena?" he asked, ready to put the ring onto her finger.

The Eternal Queen
His vows were perfect, unrehearsed, genuine. Him. She soaked in every word.
"Will you be my wife, Feena?"
"Oh, of course I will."
She answered without a thought, as if the very idea that she could respond any other way was positively ridiculous.

Keter

The Renegade
Keter nearly released a sigh of relief as he slipped the ring onto her finger. "With this, we are together forever," he said, leaning down to kiss her hand.

The Eternal Queen
Forever. Feena reached down to pick up his ring between two fingers.
"And Keter? Will you be mine forever as I am yours? Will you be my husband?"

Keter

The Renegade
The blond nodded. "Always at your service, Queen," he smirked slightly as he offered his hand to let her put the ring on.

Cecil Mason

C
Cecil held up the rings when it was time for him to do so, and then looked between them as they spoke of their love. He wondered if he would be like that some day. Somehow he doubted it, as he was pretty certain his future position would be as a politician and they weren't very well liked. That was just the nature of the beast, so to speak. He resigned himself to it.

At least his mother was happy. That's all that mattered to him now. Also, it was almost time for the whole thing to be over.

The Eternal Queen
@Kalia Vondiranach @Ben Watts @Darron Wraith @Rosa Mazhar @Padak Arciso @Jaxton Ravos @Seroth Ur-Rahn @[member="Cecil Mason"] @[member="Lucy Verdikis"]

Their marriage was sealed with a kiss, a long one. She laced her fingers through his, well aware that she was experiencing one of the happiest moments of her life. A more perfect ceremony could not be asked for. It all went off without a hitch (if you ignored the fact that she forgot the vows she had spent weeks rehearsing.)
When they at last broke the kiss, she leaned in to whisper.
"You are my king now."

Keter

The Renegade
He barely nodded his head to acknowledge her comment, turning with her, hand in hand, to the assembled crowd. Feena's adoring subjects. Now came the walk back down the aisle as husband and wife to the courtyard, and from there to the main hall for the reception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom